Freedom Roofing

With Angi since June 2006

3.6

1742 E Pioneer Rd

Draper, UT 84020

Freedom Roofing guarantees that you will be satisfied with your repairs, or your brand new roof! Freedom Roofing is a roofing contractor serving Salt Lake City, Utah. We are Utah's roofing specialist! From tear offs to leak repairs, gutter work to snow barriers; no job is too big or too small. We

07/13/2017

Lori P.

Between fights between the employees, foul language, leaks afterwards, completely covered my furnace exhaust, exposing me too dangerous carbon monoxide. Now they are out of business, I have leaks and their warranty is no good, messaged John Evans directly, he won't do anything to fix it.

Description of Work
Total roof redo

05/10/2016

Angela G.

So glad I decided to go up into my attic to see if I might be able to utilize some of the space up there for storage, because I found that my 6 year old roof that was done by Freedom Roofing Utah has been leaking, and the wall sheathing on one section of the roof has rotted!! I shouldn't be surprised though, because two months after I had the roof installed, I came home to water running out of a big bulge in the Sheetrock in my living room ceiling. John Evans (the owner) responded, and had someone out there the next morning to fix it, which I was happy with. The installer guy who came out to fix the problem told me that they forgot to seal around the swamp cooler flashing. I was happy with the honesty, and was impressed with how things were handled. However, when I called John Evans a week later to make arrangements to fix my Sheetrock, he told me that damages caused by material failures weren't covered. How is not doing the job right, a material failure? I pled my case, and he held firm, so instead of going to court and wasting more time and money to try to get him to pay for what might have cost him a couple hundred at the most to repair the damaged Sheetrock, I just figured I'd never use him for roofing again. Fast forward to just under 6 years later, and here I am, looking at flashing from the INSIDE of my attic that is supposed to be installed on the OUTSIDE of the plywood wall sheathing and under the siding. Looking at the contract that shows a 25 year warranty on materials, I find that there's only a 5 year warranty on workmanship, but it doesn't matter because the company no longer exists. I'm not surprised. I'm writing this review in the hopes that it might help some of the people who also chose to do business with this company who may also be a victim of the negligent workmanship and improper installation of flashing that is supposed to protect the roof from leaking and causing water damages. It's only by pure LUCK and FATE that I caught the damages when I did, because it could have turned out to be a lot worse. I'm very fortunate that my attic isn't filled with mold, and that my trusses aren't damaged. If you had your roof done by this company, PLEASE do a thorough inspection from the inside of your attic. If you don't know what to look for, PAY a professional to do the inspection... Just make sure to choose a company that has a high number of reviews that are positive- preferably from people that had work done many years ago without problems. It could save you a lot of money down the road.

Description of Work
Tear out all old layers of roofing, and install new roofing.

11/01/2015

Susan P.

See above

Description of Work
Freedom installed our roof 5 years ago with a 25 year warranty. Tried to call today because we have a leak. They seem to be out of business - both phone numbers nonworking.

02/25/2013

william C.

They were quick to respond and to get back to me. I would tell my friends to consider them for getting their roof done.

Description of Work
Freedom Roofing gave me a quote to replace my roof. They were going to take out the swamp cooler for me, put in a rich line vent, and do all the other necessary things that go along with replacing the shingles on my roof.

10/09/2012

Gretchen R.

Horrible! update May 2013 - never heard from them again - another company replaced all of their work since the roof leaked worse after they worked on it! The new roofer was shocked at the workmanship. They also never refunded our 50% down. Update: As of today 10.24.12 that we have met with Freedom roofing and that to date, the contract not been completed. UPDATE:12/31/12-To date - we have not heard from Freedom roofing for scheduling the repair of their repairs - so much for their "guarantee". Attached are 3 pictures showing the "workmanship" and the condition of our roof after their "repairs". Note the shingles do not even overhang the drip edge that they replaced. We now have more roof leaks than before they worked on it! Our insurance company is now involved since we have new interior water damage since their "repairs" in areas that were not leaking prior to their "work". Update: 3/8/13 They never came back out, or called, to correct any of their workmanship errors as they said they would. We hired another company who has completed the work. Freedom roofing did not use "like" materials. Wrong color, wrong size (replaced the existing 4 inch drip edge with 2 inch without even mentioning this to us) and in places did not even replace the drip edge like they said they had. Downspouts were put up with no screws to hold them in place, shingles left laying on the roof, etc. (I could go on and on!) They walked out mid contract with our 50% down payment and left us with no gutters on one side of our house and with a roof that leaked worse than when they started. And while they said they would be back out to fix their "workmanship" they never did come out and make repairs or call. They are the worse company i have dealt with in my lifetime.

Description of Work
they were supposed to replace part of the gutter system and repair the roof - they substituted a different color than what we had contracted for (matching) without discussing it with us - their roof "repair" consisted of gobs of tar rather than replacing damaged shingles - left nails and metal trimmings littering the property, rather than using an elbow on one downspout they fabricated one that looked horrid. They are not willing to meet with us as we offered to work out the problems. Now, after they recieved $1300 from us as a down they have informed us they will not be back to finish the job. This leaves us with no gutters or downspouts on one side of our house and the potential; for property damage! Run, don't walk away from these unethical, unprofessional, incompetent people! We ended up replacing all of their work - they replaced 4 inch drip edge with 2 inch (without telling us) - some drip edge that was supposed to be replaced wasn't - some they just put the 2 inch on top of the 4 inch, etc. People who replaced it were absolutely dumb founded at the unbelievable poor work. They never contacted us again as they said they would to repair their "repairs" nor did they refund our 50% down.

Category gutter repair, roofing

04/23/2012

Gene K.

I did some investigating online and they had some good reviews. They did do a really good job too. I would use them again if needed.

Description of Work
They put on a new roof for me.

04/17/2012

Doris L.

I called them but they did not ever respond.

Description of Work
I wanted to get an estimate.

Category radon testing, roofing

Have never heard of or from this customer. We do not do Radon testing. They probably have me confused with someone else, as we always respond to estimate requests. That is the backbone of our business.

11/12/2011

BRYCE J.

Quick to respond and timely on bid. Impressed with quality and guarentee of both workmanship and materials. Being a senior on fixed income, decided to save a bit of money and go with a less expensive company and forgo the extended warranty.

Description of Work
Tear off 2 layers of asphalt roofing and reroof. Includes flahing, vent in drip edge and ridge vents. Also repair work to some facia boards.

07/19/2011

Wendy J.

When they said they would be here at a certain time, that is when they arrived. This crew worked great even without the owner looking over their shoulder. Highly recommend.

Description of Work
They did 2 buildings of wood shake tear off, replaced with shingles in 3 days. Total square footage, 4700, and they had it done in 3 days cleaned up and hauled away trash every day. Fantastic owner and crew to work with. Highly recommend this company. My daughter and a friend also used Freedom roofing with the same pleasant experience.

05/19/2011

Dr June S T.

They were very good. We had 3 roofs and they took down all of them. Their bid was remarkably low. I spent around $10000 on that work. The roof looks great and cleaned up wonderfully. They did a great job. The amount of stuff that came out was a lot and they cleaned up really well. I was very pleased with them. The price was terrific. We have 7 gables and it was not a simple roof. Our neighbors got their roof done which was not as complex or as big as ours and they got a bid a lot more than what we paid. They came out, gave a quote and they were helpful about us picking the shingles. They were very knowledgeable. They helped us get the right kind of a roof as well because we have different types of roofs depending on which area we live in and the wind conditions.

Description of Work
I used Freedom Roofing 4 years ago to remove the roofs and put a new roof on.

07/07/2010

Oak N.

They were on time and quick. They did a good job.

Description of Work
We used Freedom Roofing for roof repair.

05/24/2010

Craig O.

Totally happy with the roofing system and service I got from the Wasatch Roofing and Supply.

Description of Work
Only received an estimate from this company. I went with another company for the work. Freedom Roofing responded to the call for an estimate and was on time but I got the feeling that they didn't really care to get the job.

10/20/2008

DAVID C.

The new roof was done in a professional manner and the crew cleaned up following the work (no roofing nails were left on the ground or in my driveway). As with the repairs on my older roof, Freedom Roofing did a quality job, on schedule and for the prices agreed upon. I would definitely use them again.

Description of Work
I have used Freedom Roofing for repairs for the roof of an older home on two occasions. Both were minor repairs but had to be done promptly due to weather. The company owner (John Evans did the work and explained the problems with the older roofing. The work was done on time and solved the problems (the two repairs were unrelated; one was wind damage and the other was to fix a leak caused by a cracked roof vent). The $3600 price was for the new roof described below. The repairs mentioned above were in the $100 - $150 range. I also had Freedom Roofing install the roof on a new office that I am building. The office is a residential scale building of about 2400 square feet.

06/29/2007

THERESA A.

This was the first time I used this company and they did the job to our satisfaction. We were very happy with them. I think that they worked hard and did a great job. There were even a couple areas that needed to be fixed, and they came back right away and got the job taken care of at no extra charge.

Description of Work
Freedom Roofing removed shake shingles from the roof on my 4,500 square foot home and replaced them with new shingles.

11/14/2006

ALYSON H.

It was a disaster. Work was substandard or incomplete. Roofs don't meet state code. Efforts to get crews to return and complete contracted work failed. Now winter is here and roofs are in danger of leaking.

Description of Work
Re-roof condominium complex. Remove bar tile, re-do underlayment, install Ice Shield, re-do all valleys, flashings and repair/replace damaged decking and damaged tiles.

SADLY ENOUGH, THERE WHERE SOME PROBLEMS ON THIS PROJECT. OUT OF 27 SEPARATE UNITS IN THE TOWN HOME COMMUNITY, I DID HAVE ONE VERY UPSET CUSTOMER WHO DID HAVE SOME ISSUES THAT NEEDED CORRECTING. THE JOB DID TAKE LONGER THAN ANTICIPATED, AND THIS CUSTOMER'S ROOF WAS THE LAST ON TO BE WORKED ON. A PARTIAL CREW WAS LEFT TO DO THE WORK, AND MANY PROBLEMS DID OCCUR FORM THAT CREW THAT I AS THE OWNER DID NOT IDENTIFY AT FIRST. FREEDOM ROOFING HAD TO RETURN TO THE CUSTOMER'S UNIT AND COMPLETELY REDO THE ENTIRE ROOF TO GET EVERYTHING BACK TO PAR. I HAVE SINCE RE EVALUATED MY BUSINESS PLAN, AND NO LONGER TAKE ON SUCH LARGE PROJECTS.

09/15/2006

SIMON D.

Freedom were the second lowest of four bids from $5,500 - $11,400. They were on time, charged the agreed amount, courteous and cleaned up (almost) all the mess. Pretty good performance.

Description of Work
Re-shingled existing roof (layover.)

06/08/2006

I felt this was the first time that I worked with a professional contractor. They were referred by another neighbor. They do a great job! They kept me informed every step of the way.

Description of Work
They completely tore off the old shingles. They then put on a new roof.

06/08/2006

They are great roofers. But they did a poor job of putting on rain gutters. Overall, I was satisfied with the job they did. They also had great materials.

Description of Work
They put in a new roof, took off old shingles and put on a new roof.

FREEDOM ROOFING HAS SINCE REPLACED THE GUTTER CONTRACTOR IN OUR EMPLOY AND HAVE CORRECTED THE PROBLEMS WITH OUR GUTTER INSTALLATION.

DAVID C.

During a storm, we lost some shingles on our roof. We found Freedom Roofing to have great prices. They were punctual for the job and did quality work. They deserve an A.

Description of Work
They replaced shingles.

ENCOR Home & Roofing Salt Lake City

We have the experience and dedication to bring your dreams to reality! Encor Home and Roofing will always work in your best interest, utilizing quality materials, state-of-the-art techniques and equipment, comprehensive insurance programs and the most experienced and skilled craftsmen in the industry. We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won’t leave until the job is done right. Our team has quality experience in this industry, and we make sure our customers are happy before we leave. Call or click to schedule an estimate today!

Cowboy Clean Soft Wash and Power Washing

We specialize in pressure washing and soft washing services for exteriors of homes or businesses, sidewalks, driveways, decks, porches, patios, fences, roof cleaning, truck trailers, parking lots, and more! We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Check out all the services we offer below and call -or- click to schedule a free estimate today!

K-Designers Home Remodeling Leader Since 1978

For residential siding, window installation, and any other home renovation project, you’ll want to hire home remodelers with decades of professional experience and a commitment to exceptional service. K-Designers has all of that and much more, including quality products, affordable pricing, and easy financing options. We have garnered over 15 National awards for expert design, premium products, and quality craftsmanship. We have been ranked in the 'Top 5 Largest Remodeling Firms' in the Western U.S. for over 30 years running. We proudly honor the standards set by the National Association of Home Builders, Consumer Protection Bureaus, and Federal Trade Commission.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover