Hummingbird Landscape Solutions

Founded 2015 • With Angi since October 2017

Full service landscape design and build company. Outdoor construction, landscape lighting, irrigation contractor.

Landscaping - Hardscaping & Pavers Project

lawn & landscaping

Backyard landscaping and cabana
View project

lawn & landscaping (25)irrigation system (16)hardscaping (9)stone & gravel (7)mulch delivering (7)lawn care (5)stamped concrete (4)drain pipe installation (4)masonry (4)landscape lighting (3)well & water pump repair (3)outdoor kitchens (2)

04/26/2022

Chad N.

I had a landscape project that I put out to bid and I chose Mike/Hummingbird based upon 1.) direct discussion/ideas provided and 2.) work they performed at neighboring home. My project involved re-designing front of home stone bed borders/small retaining walls. Mike/team did a great job from start to finish. Great communication along entire project path, daily clean up was appreciated given work was in front of home. Quality work was performed as you would hope/expect. There are a lot of landscaper options in DFW and the lowest price/bid can be misleading/regretful. Hummingbird will not be the least expensive option but you will have ZERO regret about the work/outcome and ease of working with Mike/team. I would highly recommend Hummingbird for your design/build landscape projects.

Description of Work
Re-design stone bed borders and small retaining walls in front of home

Work Completed On 04/21/2022

02/23/2021

Susan B.

Mike Kims, owner of Hummingbird Landscape Solutions, is the epitome of excellence in professionalism, customer service, and skill. Our well pipes froze, then burst, during the recent blizzard and freeze here in Denton, Texas. I called Mike Kims on February 18th and set up an initial visit. By Sunday the 21st, all repairs were completed with great satisfactory and the promise that I was to call him if we needed anything else. Mike and his assistant Rooster were prompt, courteous, professional, and knowledgeable. I am quite discerning when it comes to skill, aptitude and service, as I am a retired educator, and I was so impressed and relieved at the same time! Mike Kim and his company made an extremely stressful situation much, much better!

Description of Work
Water well repairs

Category wells

Work Completed On 02/25/2021

02/10/2021

Emilio N.

Grass cleanup in beds/tree's, New Mulch, new bush install, check the sprinkler system for leaks. Reset of the sprinkler system times. Everything was done professionally.

Description of Work
landscape cleanup

Work Completed On 02/10/2021

01/27/2021

Brad D.

Great company to work with. Very knowledgeable about pump system controls!

Description of Work
water well VFD install

Category wells

Work Completed On 02/04/2021

01/13/2021

Josh J.

Installed 99’ of French drain. We met on a Sunday and the work was completed the following Tuesday. I was most impressed by their effort in cleaning up the work area. Getting all the clay picked up and hauled off took some serious effort, but they got it done.” 10/10 would use them again.

Description of Work
Drainage

Category landscaping, drain pipe

Work Completed On 01/13/2021

Denise Z.

I highly recommend Hummingbird Landscaping. Their service was exemplary. Pricing was great and no hidden surprises. Mike was very attentive to our design requirements and well surpassed our expectations!

Description of Work
Backyard Pool Landscaping

Category landscaping, hardscaping, outdoor lighting

Work Completed On 12/05/2020

Meri A.

We hired Mike and his crew to re-do our backyard withTexas native plants and materials. Mike was very flexible and made adjustments as needed to accommodate our wishes. His workers were extremely polite and cleaned up after themselves daily. I would definitely have our hire Mike and his crew at Hummingbird landscape solutions again. He also did several of my neighbors’ yards and did a fantastic job!!

Description of Work
backyard landscaping

Category landscaping, pavers, gravel, hardscaping, outdoor lighting

Work Completed On 01/13/2021

Marlene R.

Mike and his crew were absolutely amazing. We just had a very modern pool built and he was able to capture our landscaping vision as well as an outdoor white cabana that turned out so fabulous it looks like it should be in a magazine. This is the best company I have ever hired and will definitely rehire. He has already done several of my friends houses and they are all so pleased.

Description of Work
backyard landscaping and cabana

Category landscaping, hardscaping, outdoor kitchens

Work Completed On 12/03/2020

Review for Hummingbird Landscape Solutions - 9008 Seven Oaks Ln, Denton, TX - 39062839

08/18/2020

Melisa P.

Wonderful!!! The tech was very pleasant. Was only here a little over an hour and had the problem fixed. Other companies said it would take a day or so to fix the problem. The price was wonderful. I will call them again if I need work again. Wonderful company!

Description of Work
One side of the yard the sprinklers didn't work

Category irrigation systems, stamped concrete

Work Completed On 08/18/2020

08/13/2020

Diane H.

We had them build us a pond. It took longer than expected but mostly because of COVID. Mike and his crew were awesome. The first bridge that they installed wasn’t very sturdy so they totally built a newer one from scratch. Stained it and delivered. It looks awesome! My husband and I are both very pleased. Mike and his company went the extra mile!

Description of Work
Pond

Work Completed On 08/13/2020

07/10/2020

Donovan L.

I selected their Angie's List "Deal" and they never responded to my inquiries or my coupon. They completely ignored me after several attempts. Rude and unprofessional.

Description of Work
Landscaping

Category lawn service, hardscaping

Work Completed On 05/29/2020

I'm so sorry we completely missed this. this has been an unusually busy time for us. my sincere apologies.

05/23/2020

Dennis K.

It went great, Mike Kim was very professional as well as knowledgeable in this area and I am very glad for their service.

Description of Work
Replaced sprinkler system

Category landscaping, stamped concrete

Work Completed On 05/23/2020

04/24/2020

Bradley W. P.

Mike and team were fantastic. Thanks!

Description of Work
Landscaping

Category landscaping, lawn service, mulch, drain pipe

Work Completed On 04/24/2020

04/16/2020

Doug B.

Great communication. Was the first company to reach out with quote and information about what the job needed. Install was fast and thorough. Was very happy with the work. The yard looks great!

Description of Work
Entire re-sod of front yard. Grinding of stump and roots.

Category landscaping, lawn service, irrigation systems

Work Completed On 04/16/2020

08/02/2019

Pastor Steve H.

I contacted Mike from Hummingbird Landscape he was professional, courteous, and very attentive to my project . He made sure we received the service needed to deal with some emergency repairs and provided excellent service on the rest of our irrigation issues. If you have irrigation problems I fully recommend this company. You will get excellent service and your money's worth. Hummingbird is now my irrigation service for life.

Description of Work
Just purchased a rather large church property and sprinkler work required

Category landscaping, irrigation systems

Work Completed On 08/02/2019

04/25/2019

Jeannen P.

Mike, the owner of Hummingbird, and his crew were/are professional, friendly, and courteous through all phases of our project. Mike is honest enough to tell you what works best in order to either help save you money, or help you see any potential issues that may arise based on your vision of the project. His suggestions helped me to see an issue with drainage, and plants that would not do well in the space, or climate conditions. Mike gave us exactly what we wanted; quality work, a beautilful border design at a reasonable and affordable price. What sets Hummingbird Landscaping head and shoulds above all the other landscaping companies, is that the price quoted to you at the start of your project, will be the same price at the end of the project. No hidden fees, or change in cost of supplies, or labor if you decide to move a plant from the front yard to the back yard, or changing your mind on design or placement of stone. No extra labor charges. His crew took care of our property as if it were their own. They cleaned up every day before leaving. If we had not had 3 days of rain, the project would have been completed in 3 days. The best description of my experience with Hummingbird, and Mike...HONEST, REASONABLE, and QUALITY! Peace of mind knowing that I chose the right landscaping company,and person, to spend my hard earned money.

Description of Work
Basic landscaping on a zero lot line.

Category landscaping, irrigation systems, mulch, hardscaping

Work Completed On 04/24/2019

04/10/2019

James M.

They were the fastest company to respond (and offered to come out within two businesses days vs. 4-6 weeks like the others. They even came under the quote after performing additional services. Would certainly recommend and hire again. Thanks!!!!

Description of Work
Sprinkler Leak

Work Completed On 04/08/2019

04/05/2019

Brian R.

Work was done incredibly fast and owner was very responsive and helpful. Would 100% use again and recommend to anyone.

Description of Work
Repaired a sprinkler system.

Work Completed On 04/05/2019

03/30/2019

Andrew G.

I have hired many contractors. It is rare for me to say it, but this company is terrific. They are honest and fair. They listen, confirm, plan, execute, communicate and follow through. Responsive to phone calls and text message. No funny hidden charges. No stopping part way through to work on another job. Very good about scope creep. We asked for extra, and in fairness, we expected extra cost, agreed to extra cost, and they executed without a hitch. All very fair. Mike put together a great computer design. He met with us on a couple of weekends to work through it and confirm final design, scope, and cost. The team followed the design and installed about 100 linear feet of curved multi-media beds with filter cloth and drip irrigation, planted them with healthy plants, moved a few sprinkler heads to accommodate new landscape and expertly installed about a 150 sq ft large format OK flagstone patio (dry-lay) with chop block masonry retaining wall and beautiful walk with large OK flagstone and a bunch of large decorative mossy boulders in the beds. The team was very receptive to feedback and would work with us when we said, "Not exactly that, perhaps a little more like this." They would say, "Sure, you have to live with it, we want you to love it." Well, we love it. Hearty thanks to Mike, Jesse, and Randy. Well done, gents. Well done.

Description of Work
Landscape design and install including hardscape

Category landscaping, irrigation systems, masonry, mulch, pavers, gravel, hardscaping, patios

Work Completed On 03/30/2019

03/29/2019

Mark M.

They did an amazing job of replacing the controller and installing a double check valve to prevent freezing and cracking. They chased down and replaced a master valve that was dead. A few days later came back when it stopped working to find a wire that came loose that was completely unrelated to their work and didn’t charge me. GREAT group of guys who really know what they are doing. HIGHLY Recommend!!

Description of Work
Sprinkler Repair

Work Completed On 02/26/2019

03/29/2019

Colleen S.

I was very happy with my service today. The guys were more than courteous and friendly. Checked everything out within a very short time. I will definitely be using them in the future. Called me by my first name which was very impressive. Thanks guys!

Description of Work
Sprinkler system spring check

Work Completed On 03/29/2019

03/28/2019

Dana R.

I couldn't be happier with this company. My controller was original to my 36 year old house and I wasn't sure if it was the controller or something else that caused my sprinkers to malfunction. I'd already bought a Wi Fi controller (I thought I could install it myself and then chickened out), which they were great about. They even helped me program it and showed me how to use it! Mike agreed to send his crew to install the new controller first, and then diagnose and estimate repairs to my sprinker system afterward. They arrived on time, were pleasant, polite and very knowledgeable. Jessie even figured out how to save me money when one zone wouldn't work due to an electrical problem: He connected it to another, small zone, rather than dig up my whole yard and re-wire. I've already referred them to two of my friends and will not hesitate to call them when I'm ready for landscaping.

Description of Work
Sprinkler controller replacement and sprinkler repairs

Category landscaping, irrigation systems

Work Completed On 02/27/2019

03/26/2019

john C.

The landscapers arrived and got right to work. They identified the problem with the controller and then went about repairing several sprinkler heads. They also located all my zone valves for me. At the end, they also reprogrammed the controller for me for the times and days that I needed. Overall good work! Thanks

Description of Work
Adjust controller and locate and repair sprinkler heads