If the refrigerator in your new home doesn’t fit, or you have a strong attachment to your current one, you’ll need a strategy for shipping it safely. Here’s how to properly ship a refrigerator and tips for avoiding hits and dings along the way.
Get matched with top moving companies in Hixson, TN
There are 19 highly-rated local moving companies.
Recent Movers Reviews in Hixson
- Wrapped-In-BubbleThe men that came were professional and did a great job in moving the furniture that I needed moved.
- See More ServicesAll American Moving Company provided the utmost care for our family during our move from NY to TN. Movers Ishmael & Moustaffa we’re among the very best & dealing w/Patrick over the phone was always reassuring! Can’t go wrong using this company for your most important part in a long distance move!
- Wrapped-In-BubbleWe came across Wrapped In Bubble by happenstance while waiting to pick up a Moving truck and discussing our dread of moving. We had called multiple moving companies prior but decided against using one due to all the hidden fees and “travel time” added to their rates, but not Wrapped In Bubble. Not only did they show up on the same day. They moved us in less time than anticipated and gave us the best rate (by far) out of all the companies we called. End of story is - The rate was fantastic, they were super efficient and courteous, and our belongings were taken good care of during the move. Would definitely recommend them and will use them again next time we move
- Wrapped-In-BubbleWent well. Their team went above and beyond what was expected. Very careful w my belongings and I had a expensive piano they moved flawlessly as well.
- Wrapped-In-BubbleI can not tell you how much I appreciated the care Louis and his crew took care of my furniture and fragile pieces while moving it from my apartment to my house. Not one thing was broke or scratched or even dented. They were really fast and had exceptional attitudes while having to also deal with really hot weather. I've already referred them to my friends and would use them in the future. Very professional, on time, communicated with me every step of the way and loved how nice they were!!! Thank you guys again
- USA FAMILY MOVINGI called Usa Family Moving and asked how soon they can send over a few movers. The crew showed up just two hours later. That is how fast I decided to relocate. I have to thank these guys who helped turning this move from manic to easy. The movers were all very professional and easy to work with. They systematically packed everything into boxes and then loaded the truck. I’m just so grateful for the way these men helped throughout this sudden move. I am totally impressed with the professionalism they displayed
- Move In HelpersGreat. They were extremely careful and in a fantastic mood the whole time. Great young men. I would highly recommend.
- Elizabeth's Moving ServicesWhile it may excite our spirit to move to a new home and start a new adventure; the experience of actually moving all our stuff is never something we look forward to. There is stress produced in ways never thought possible. The only way to offset this is to hire a company who specializes in stress reduction. Elizabeth’s Moving is one of those companies. There is a reason they have so many positive reviews. Here is another one. From the moment they returned my initial inquiry, it was clear they take customer service seriously; and it’s not just for show, they want the customer comfortable and satisfied with the work they do. The gentleman who initially provided us information, then came to our house and did the walk through, was professional, polite, and made certain to address all my questions and concerns. I wish I could remember his name. He provided an estimate within 24hrs and had boxes delivered the same day once we gave him the go ahead. The scheduler contacted me, with no issues getting our move on the books. Then we spent a few weeks packing. Ugh. I received a courtesy call the day prior to moving day, to ensure we all had the same start time scheduled, and on the day of the move they showed up within minutes of our agreed to time. Four very professional, very polite, and very cheerful young men showed up with two trucks and commenced loading. They methodically and carefully wrapped our furniture, loaded our boxes, and worked as a team to get things taken care of. I want to mention them by name because each one was phenomenal to deal with; Colby, Zeke, Zack, and Colton. Their relaxed demeanor, sense of humor, and polite disposition made what could be a very stressful experience an enjoyable one. We made a local move, so two days later they showed up again with all our stuff and we had exactly the same experience with unloading. Zeke was on another job and I can’t remember the young man who joined us instead, but he needs a pat on the back too. They never complained, never acted tired, or gave me any impression of anything other than professional attitudes in all our interactions. After unloading both trucks, Colby walked through the house with me to make certain everything was where we wanted it and double checked to ensure everything arrived safe and sound, which it did. If you desire a moving experience that bypasses the stress, use Elizabeth’s and ask for Colby, Zeke, Zack, and Colton; they won’t disappoint. Highly recommend
- USA FAMILY MOVINGThe responsibility of these workers is really amazing. I would have left some things backs since I was in a hurry to move but these movers helped me not to lose anything. They found my stuff I would have forgotten and this helped me to go over everything once again and in the end of the day, I did not lose anything. I am grateful for the perfect job they rendered during the move. I am truly grateful for your perfect moving service
- Movers Direct LLCThis company moved my mother’s house. The guys worked hard and were awesome. They were very careful with everything and efficient. Highly recommend them.
Movers in Hixson
- Business Description:Wrapped In Bubble offers affordable and efficient moving services in Chattanooga, and surrounding areas. With our professional, yet friendly customer service approach we are the go-to moving company for many in our community. Discover why our customers choose us again and again for all their residential, office, and commercial moving needs. Contact us today to book our moving services or request a free quote.Recent Review:The men that came were professional and did a great job in moving the furniture that I needed moved.Preston E.
- Business Description:Here at Move In Helpers, our mission is to provide a service to you that brings back the personal touch with our customers. We will build a relationship that will last a lifetime after you see our quality work. As a locally owned and operated business we feel invested in our clients and community and constantly strive for customer satisfaction. We won't leave until the job is done right! Call or click to schedule an estimate todayRecent Review:Very professional and experienced serviceShenearia J.
- Business Description:Farout Movers understands that moving is about much more than an address change – it’s a life change. We offer you and your family the peace-of-mind that can only come from working with a company with over 12 years’ experience. Farout Movers provide a variety of services, including free estimates, packing, loading, unloading and appliance delivery in order to meet your individual moving needs. Our menu of programs allows you to pick and choose what fits your needs and your budget to offer you..
- Business Description:We do small moving jobs till we grow more and then we will start doing bigger moves (studio apartments) (1 bedrooms and some 2 bedrooms homes)Recent Review:Excellent. Best movers I have ever usedKaren M.
- Business Description:We have the experience and dedication to bring your dreams to reality! We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won’t leave until the job is done right. Our team has quality experience in this industry, and we make sure our customers are happy before we leave. Call or click to schedule an estimate todayRecent Review:It was great. They showed up on time. Everything went was as expected. The price is good. I believe it was fair. I feel like the owner Warren, is a great guy. He would do what he needs to do to make sure that the customer is satisfiedCorey M.
- Business Description:”Long distance moving from or to the west coast only. No local service outside Portland Oregon, Los Angeles California and Seattle Washington.” Local and Long Distance Moving & Storage. Household, Commercial, Corporate services available. Our Mission is To exceed expectations on every move. We live this day in and day out. We provide actual full time movers, not day labor like other companies. Our service is top notch and fully efficient. Our trucks are perfectly equipped for moving with Pads..Recent Review:Shady company, look elsewhere. I went with them based on price and that they were “highly rated”. According to the estimator, I needed 1 truck. When moving day came, they couldn’t fit everything in 1 truck. In fact, it wasn’t just a little bit leftover, but quite a bit. They had someone come out the next day to pick it all up and would later pack it on 2 pallets at their warehouse that I had to pay to ship across country. I didn’t have any other options since we had to be out of the house and were moving long distance. The items on the truck made it on time and safely. It was the pallets that never arrived. When I finally called to check the status (2 weeks after they were picked up), I found out they were just sitting in the warehouse and weren’t shipped yet. They hadn’t even gotten an estimate of the cost. Then they gave the wrong phone number to the 3rd party company that was transporting it so they couldn’t arrange delivery because they couldn’t get in touch with me. Finally the day came to have it delivered (6 weeks after pickup) and the 3rd party transport company asked if I had packaged the pallets up myself. I said no, the professional movers did that we paid. He said it was one of the worst jobs he’s ever seen and kept telling me it’s just items and they can be replaced. He also made a point to give me detailed instructions on how to file a claim for broken items because he knew things would be broken. The 3rd party transport company pays for 100% replacement value but normally works with the shipper, not receiver. I filed a claim with the transport company anyways and reached out to All Service Moving on it. All Service Moving said they would pay me the full amount right away if I signed the incident waiver signing away my rights. This included not holding All Service Moving responsible for anything related to the damage as well as not be able to post any negative review, rating, post about them. I’m sorry, what?!?! Due to their negligence and incompetent job, items were damaged and I can’t share that to prevent others from experiencing the same? Obviously, I refused to sign. I kept my claim with the transport company. Although our claim settlement was only 1/3 of what I was asking for, I’d rather receive the lower amount and still be able to write this review so others are warned. Let this be your warning to run away, far away from this companyLisa O.
- Business Description:Movers Direct, llc is a full service moving company. We offer packing service, packing materials, piano movers, local and long distance moves. We specialize in residential and commercial. Movers Direct was voted Best of the Best moving company for 4 consecutive years in Chattanooga, TN. Call today and get your move on the booksRecent Review:EXCELLENT! The process from start to finish was spectacular and highly professional. They packed up our entire home (approx 1500 sq ft) and drove it 2200 miles to our new home, unloaded and helped to set up furniture (bedroom sets etc). Chad and Garrett were very attentive to detail, extremely careful with the packing and unloading, and absolutely trustworthy. USE THEMPATTI A. S.
- Business Description:Moving APT provides long-distance moves, packing and storage. Call Moving APT for the best cross-country moving, at affordable prices.Recent Review:I'm going to start out by saying I'm no stranger to cross country moves (I've moved to Hawaii from Kentucky, Ohio from Hawaii, and Ohio to Florida). I've done it three times and this will be my fourth permanent move. If I could give negative stars I would. The whole point of my post is so someone doesn't have the same thing happen to them as it did me. First I had called several companies for quotes and they gave me the one. Around 1K less than any other company. So I booked with them. It was explained to me my belongings would arrive 14-21 days however, most customers received their home goods closer to 14. We specifically chose a week and half earlier pack date so when I arrived in Vegas my belongings should be shortly behind me. I was fully aware it could take the 21 days total. Move day comes. The movers arrive 4 hours early which was great. They were professional. They did say the gentleman on the phone underestimated my cubic feet however. The price went up by a little over 1K. I was slightly confused to how this could be considering my belongings were in storage units with exact dimensions. However, I went forward as once they are there to pack and I had flown in (I'm a health care first responder working with Covid) I was almost at their mercy as I was on an extremely tight schedule. When the price did go up the moving company told me they had to get preapproval for the new price and would call them. I was assuming "them" was APT. The packing went without a hitch and during that time I was given many papers to fill out. One of which had first delivery date. It was NEVER explained to me by marking a date (because I was told to fill everything out in it's entirety) it would DELAY my move until THAT date. I unknowingly put down the first day that would be best for me which was the day after my arrival to Vegas. I should clarify Moving APT only contracts out moving companies they themselves do not move your belongings. They are what was referenced as a shadow company. So let's fast forward to 11am the original move time. T. Shields called from Moving APT. She was quite surprised the company was already there. She also didn't know they had increased the price. Now my belongings were already on the truck and there was two trips left to have everything moved. The manager on site spoke with her and to my understanding everything was resolved. It was not. T. Shields calls back to inform me her price was also going up as the company gets money as well even though this WAS NOT told to me when I signed the new paperwork. My new cost was 2K total in price. Making a 4K move now a 6K move. She told me I could speak with whom I wanted but she would be calling back to get the rest of the money. Also might I add when she called back she did reduce what the movers had quoted because they over priced their packing materials used. I explained to her in no way was I ever told about this. And I had assumed the phone call earlier was to them. The movers had left at this point and she was surprised they were gone. She told me I should have called to which that was never explained to me and when the manager on-site had called "them" it was not Moving APT but their company. Remember they contract out. So now Ive called for an update to see if my home goods have left the warehouse. I have zero response for over 48 hours despite being told each day I called that I'd have an update by end of the working day. So today I get an update and since I put down October 5 as my first available date my move starts TODAY. So now I'm at the 14-21 day window. I told them again NO ONE explained this to me. To which their reply was well it kinda is what it is. For those of you who don't want to read: 1. Don't pick them. They are poor with communication and my move went up by 2K on pack day. 2. My move dates was completely misquoted and they do not explain anything to you. 3. They contract other moving companies. Find them and book directly with them. It will save you a lot of headacheSarah S.
- Business Description:As a locally owned and operated business we feel invested in our clients and constantly strive for customer satisfaction. We won't leave until the job is done right! Call or click to schedule an estimate today!Recent Review:Very professional, thank you for your helpBarbara C.
- Business Description:Imagine if moving were fun. Well, it would have to be simple and easy and stress-free. That’s what we’ve come up with, anyway. And it’s made us one of the fastest-growing companies in our industry. We’ve been arranging friendly, reliable moving services since 2011 and have completed over 140,000 moves with an average star rating of 4.8/5. You may have heard about us on Fox & Friends, People magazine, Good Morning America, The New York Times, and the ‘Today’ show
Deals in Hixson for Moving Companies
Explore our Solution Center for helpful moving company articles
Regularly cleaning your dryer vent can prevent dust, lint, and other debris from building up. That buildup can be dangerous, but so can cleaning the dryer vent yourself. Here’s why it’s best to let a professional do the job.
You’ve amassed quite the collection of valuables, and you’d like to keep it that way. Boxing up delicate items requires a steady hand and a full-proof plan. Use these tips to learn how to pack fragile items for your next move.
Find moving companies in
- Red Bank
- Signal Mountain
- Soddy Daisy
- East Ridge
- Lookout Mountain
- Fort Oglethorpe
- Lookout Mountain
- Sale Creek
moving companies in Hixson
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- Action Rental & Sales6509 Lee Highway
- ADT3750 Priority Way South Dr
- All Out Moving & Storage LLC1900 Daisy Street
- All Service Moving - Long Distance Moving 747 S Monroe St 2063334424
- Allegheny Valley Transfer Co Inc1512 Lebanon Church Rd
- Allied Van Lines - Chattanooga4649 Shallowford Rd Suite B
- AMBASSADORS MOVING & SHIPPING12325 Acadamy Rd.
- Armstrong Relocation Co6059 Relocation Way
- Athens Barn Center & UHaul613 Congress Pkwy N
- Auto Transport - United Freight Of America1844 N Nob Hill Rd #171
- Auto Transporters Online25108 Marguerite Pkwy
Mission Viejo, California
- Action Rental & Sales
- Bates Moving & Storage815 Benny St
- Bellhops1110 Market Street Ste 502
- Biddy's Pressure Washing & Handyman Services7498 Blazing Star Ct
- Big Mark's Moving Service4103 Webb Rd
- Black Train Moving7327 Hixson Pike
- Boundless Moving & Storage1510 stuart road
- Bulldog Movers Inc4194 NE Expressway
- Bates Moving & Storage
- Infinity Moving & Storage Inc - NYC175 Walnut Ave
Bronx, New York
- Infinity Moving & Storage Inc - NYC
- Junior's remodeling and construction 1416 Randolph Dr SW
- Junior's remodeling and construction
- K & D Enterprise Corp.107 Savannah Shores Dr
- K & D Enterprise Corp.
- Leap Delivery/Movers2600 Holcomb Bridge Rd
- Leap Delivery/Movers
- Makin' Moves114 Stuart Rd NE #126
- Mansion Movers1960 South Ocean Blvd
- McClendon Transporting LLC502 Fair St
- Merry Maids of Chattanooga1507 Maxwell Rd
- Modern Piano Moving992 Highway D
- Montway Auto Transport425 N Martingale Rd Ste 550
- Motivated Movers of Chattanooga5959 Shallowford Road Ste 4314
- Move-it-all Chattanooga2001 S Lyerly St
- Movers Direct LLC314 Old Hales Gap Rd
- Moving APT - Long Distance Movers936 Sw 1st Ave., Suite 130
- Mr.OddJobZ4200 13th Ave
- Makin' Moves
- Omega Movers
- Omega Movers
- Park Moving and Storage2525 2nd St W
- Partners in Grime LLC4101 14th Ave
- Piano Movers Plus6209 Lee Hwy
- PODSPO Box 2308
- PODS Moving and Storage4210 Oakland Ave
- Prisma Cargo Solutions LLC555 8th Ave
New York, New York
- pro.hauling & escorting servicep.o.box 32
- Park Moving and Storage
- Quick Transfer USA860 Bedford Ave
Brooklyn, New York
- Quick Transfer USA
- Semper Fi Movers1877 South Roane Street
- Small Time Movers9736 Blue Springs Rd
- Southern Budget Moving1244 Helena dr
- Southern Move & Haul1200 King Street
- Southern Style Transportation307 Michaels Rd.
- STONEGATE DESIGNER DELIVERY, INC11942 Sherman Road
North Hollywood, California
- Semper Fi Movers
- T.M.R movers
- The Local Mover15555 Sewanee Hwy
- TNT Furniture Movers1411 S Hawthorne Ave
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
- Total Home Resources721 Rayl Hollow RD
- Tri-State Movers632 S. Main St
- Turn2Us Handyman ServicesPO Box 772
- Two Men and A Truck5959 Shallowford Road Ste 515
- T.M.R movers
- United States Logistics300 N LaSalle Dr Ste 4925
- United States Logistics