PERLA'S APPLIANCES PLUS

Founded 1927 • With Angi since December 2003

3.5

1671 Monongahela Ave

Pittsburgh, PA 15218

Perla's Appliances Plus is a family-owned discount Appliances store based in Pittsburgh, PA. Since 1927, Perla's Appliances Plus has served customers in the Western Pennsylvania area. Our products offered include washing machines, dryers, dishwashers, refrigerators, ranges, ovens, cooktops, microwaves, coffee machines, wine coolers, icemakers, hoods, BBQs, air conditioners and vent systems. Brands offered include GE, MAYTAG, WHIRLPOOL, SAMSUNG, KITCHENAID, AMANA, FRIGIDAIRE, ELECTROLUX, VIKING, BOSCH, THERMADOR, NORTHLAND, CAPITAL, LG, LIEBHERR, ZEPHYR, WASTE-KING, ULINE, MARVEL, AND FISHER & PAYKEL. We include both a 30-day price protection guaranty with all our sales, as well as a "100% Satisfaction" guaranty with all sales or services. For service, our normal service call charge is $99.95, plus parts, labor, and tax. If a customer chooses not to repair a product, a 50% credit of the paid service call will be applied to any new purchase....

05/27/2020

kim C.

horrible They used to be excellent. Not sure what happen but they have gone down hill.

Description of Work
refrigerator

05/07/2020

Gardner P.

I found the portable air conditioner I wanted on the Perla web site at a price equal to the price of sale units at other stores which were no longer having sales. I called to make sure I could get it during the pandemic and reached Roko. He was very knowledgeable about the unit pointing out it's good features. He had the unit in their "warehouse" and he said I could pick it up in 2 days. I bought it and he emailed me a receipt and thanked me for my business. He called me when it came in. I had arranged for free delivery at the store. I pulled up outside the store and he put it in my car. A very easy transaction.

Description of Work
We needed a portable air conditioner

08/28/2019

Dennis M.

The repair service department is unreliable. We rent and have our landlord handle everything for us. When we try to find out when repairs are being made, statuses of repairs, etc., we get nothing but attitude from the department or threats of not completing the service. That is not how a company is supposed to run!! We even threatened our building security just for the repairman to come in, but they didn't come in the day that was scheduled and gave us excuses!! Don't use them!!

Description of Work
Repairs for a washing machine

Category appliance sales

Thank you for your input. Perla's has been proudly and capably servicing appliances in the Pittsburgh area over 90 years, including over 20 years for your landlord which we will continue to do. As previously discussed, we will not deal with people who were verbaly abusive as you were (we can play the tape recording here and elsewhere as necessary to let people hear your voice for themselves) as we value not only our customer but our employees and owners also. Good luck to you though.

01/21/2018

Alexis B.

Bought a dishwasher from Perla’s - horrible, never go there. Terrible customer service - rude, not timely with delivery. When the dishwasher was hooked up it was done incorrectly, and it flooded my kitchen and basement. Dishwasher is peice of junk.

Description of Work
Dishwasher purchase and continual repair

12/15/2017

Jayne C.

The service was scheduled 5 days after my initial phone call which is reasonable. The technician showed up, diagnosed the problem and said it will need to be reported to the warranty company to get approval to proceed with repairs. He said the report would be filed by the next day and I should expect to hear back in 3-5 days. One week later, I called the warranty company and was told the report was never filed, to phone Perla. I phoned Perla and spoke with a woman who told me she worked in sales and could not help me. She would have someone call me back. No one called me back, so I called again the next day. I spoke with someone who told me they were very busy, short staffed because someone was on vacation and they have a new computer system they are trying to learn. This is the reason the report was not filed to the warranty company one week later, but he assured me they would file the report. Now, two weeks out, I phone the warranty company and was told they did not file the report. He put me on hold while he tried phoning Perla, he said a guy answered the phone, said he was on another line and he would have to call him back then hung up on him. At this point, the warranty company cancelled the service with Perla and called another repair place. This repair call was placed through Sears, the guy came out, diagnosed the problem, made the call while still at my home to order the parts needed. It will take another week before the parts come in and repairs are completed. But, he was able to make the call and get the ball rolling while still at my home.

Description of Work
I have a washing machine that is under warranty. The warranty company was using Perla to diagnose the problem and make the repair.

08/29/2017

Francesco T.

The tech comes over to our home, after a power surge which blows out the fridge, and every smart device in the house. the tech was very cordial and explains the 1-year-old fridge would be better replaced. So we told our insurance company this. Insurance company calls Perla's and they tell them it can be fixed?? Nothing about what the tech original said. So insurance company tells us, we'll pay you for the fix, which will take a month, and not guaranteed. This is after we already took the recommendation of the tech and bought a new fridge. Fine. Our bad I guess. We give the tech our CC for the visit which cost 100.00, the guy writes the CC number down. The owner, I believe Rocky, starts into my wife, apparently he was annoyed by my wife trying to explain a few times about the miscommunication with the insurance company, and what they told them and us. My wife says he was very condesending, and rude. Not to mention screaming. Then makes accusations that we provided the wrong CC on purpose. Screaming from this guy continues. Wife hangs up. This guy doesn't know us from a can a paint and immediately makes accusations. Wife calls me and tells me her story, I called him back. He started with she kept explaining herself over and over, didn't care, and made an inference about the CC. I sat and listened for 2 minutes, then I said is this how you talk to customers? Boom...the guy explodes and starts in on me. I said you know your acting like an "A..hole". He starts with "come down here and fight me or say it to my face" I was shocked. I said you want me to come down there so we can fight??? I'm thinking, this over a 100 dollars. First, he tells me to keep the 100.00 like he's doing me a favor, and I said look, do you want the correct number to the CC and we will part ways, he said yes. I provided it. He seemed to calm down, and I tried explaining very clearly what my wife was trying to explain about what his tech and he said was different. I was willing to eat the costs of the fridge, what else was I going to do, we needed a fridge. All we were trying to understand was why the different story, at the end he did say he would tell the insurance what the tech said. Who knows if that would happen or not. I sat in my office chair for 10 minutes pondering what the **** just happened, and how is it possible this guy is still in business. I'm still shaking my head.

Description of Work
Refridgerator power surge assessment

Category appliance repair

NONE OF THIS IS ACCURATE, WE PROVIDED EXCELLENT SERVICE AND WERE NOT PAID FOR OUR TIME- OUR COMPANY HAS BEEN IN BUSINESS SINCE 1927 AND WE HAVE ALWAYS PROVIDED FAIR ACCURATE SERVICE TO THE GREATER PITTSBURGH AREA

05/16/2017

Joseph L.

The delivery men had difficulty getting the washing machine up our oak stairs to the second floor laundry room. The gouged and scratched our oak steps in several places. I emailed the owner, Rocky Perla, several weeks later, sending him some pictures of the damage. He responded quickly, which I took at a good sign. When I called to set up a time, he was immediately hostile and nasty. He claimed that "some damage" was normal and that Perla's had been in business 90 years. I told him I didn't believe the damage to my steps was "normal" and wanted to give him the opportunity to decide for himself and to step up and take care of it amicably if he agreed with me. He offered me a four hour window between 1 and 5 pm as if this were a delivery, claiming it was impossible to look at the stairs at a specific time. After I tried to defuse the situation and told him that people make specific appointments all the time he finally agreed to come over between 5 and 7 p.m. on Tuesday May 16th I left work early to make sure I'd be home and he never came, never called, and never emailed.

Description of Work
Purchase and delivery of a washing machine.

03/27/2017

Jeff M.

Technician checked carefully to make sure repair work completed without issue. Very happy that repair took care of problem

Description of Work
repair refrigerator that quit working as result of moving

03/21/2017

Phoebe W.

The problem was quickly found and fixed.

Description of Work
Washing machine was leaking onto basement floor.

03/20/2017

Helen D.

No problems. Installed without difficulty.

Description of Work
Installation of electric range and over the range microwave.