Average price points for professional deck or porch installation or repair work
The size of your deck is typically one of the most important factors in figuring total costs of building a deck or porch. The typical cost is $30 to $60 per square foot. That brings the total average cost of deck jobs in the U.S. to $4,100 to $11,200.
Some things that may change the overall costs of a porch or deck project may include, but aren't limited to:
- Type of material used. Wood tends to be the most cost-effective material for a porch, and concrete is typically the least expensive patio material option. Materials such as composite and brick usually add to the cost of a deck or porch project. It's important to note, though, the market is regularly evolving, and supply limitations can make one option suddenly more expensive than others.
- Complexity. Adding a roof or building a patio with premium decorative elements can cost more than building a regular shaped porch.
- Decks on the second story. Installing a deck on a second story can cost $2,000 to $5,000 more, on average, than installing a deck on the first floor.
A lot of factors play a part in the cost of a porch project. Contacting deck and porch companies in Sandusky to request an estimate may be the best method to know how much your potential project may cost.
What are some standard services performed by decking builders?
Decking contractors in Sandusky provide a variety of services that range from putting in new structures to making repairs to used ones. Property owners can contact porch and deck contractors for help increasing the visual look and practicality of outside spaces, including:
- Building decks and porches. Builders can help you with designing and constructing decking that ticks all the boxes for your ideal outdoor space. That can range from a simple deck that holds your patio furniture to a luxury backyard kitchen space.
- Constructing porches. Work with contractors to expand your home's curb appeal while increasing the functionality of your home's entrance. Create a porch that provides a welcome spot for your vintage rocking chairs or serves as a mudroom on rainy days.
- Building patios. The most suitable installers can transform your ideas for a patio into reality, whether you're looking at concrete, brick, or some other material.
- Expanding your current deck or porch. deck installers can build deck rails or roofs and awnings or build other options such as firepits or brick ovens.
- Making repairs. Most porch and deck contractors also offer repair work. They may replace broken boards or railings or provide painting and staining services to increase the longevity and attractiveness of the porch or deck.