When calculating the cost to waterproof your basement, you need to factor in much more than just a can of waterproof paint. We’ve rounded up the top types of waterproofing projects and how much they cost so you can figure out your budget.
Get matched with top deck & porch contractors in Portsmouth, OH
There are 7 highly-rated local deck & porch contractors.
Recent Decks Porches Reviews in Portsmouth
- Shield Roofing & Construction LLCFree estimate. Fair pricing. Quality work completed. Even completed job early and excellent clean-up. Crew very hard working and courteous. I will use them again when it is time for siding replacement.
- Davis Remodeling & Handyman ServiceDo not hire them!! Terrible! They didn’t finish the job, left my elevated deck without any railing, left over $400 of OSB that I bought for the job sitting out in the weather, they took part of my siding and guttering off and left it, did not clean up the old wood and debris and stole materials I purchased
- Secure Construction Company IncThey showed up, very professional, completed the job as described to us in a very reasonable amount of time. They clean up when they are done.
- Ernie Colegrove Construction LLCThe scope of this report covers 5 years plus and approximately $130k in work completed. In addition to the sunroom that is previously mentioned, worked completed includes replacing all windows and associated work, stripping of all carpet to hardwood floors underneath and refinishing, numerous plumbing and wiring problems associated with existing structure. Also included in previous work is plumbing in kitchen and downstairs utility room, wiring in general all over entire house, remodeling of an extra bedroom and converting into a closet and a variety of smaller jobs over this timeframe
- Secure Construction Company IncWe got them from Angie's List. They were good. They were here when they said they would be here and did the work.
- Secure Construction Company IncOther companies bidding on this project, just took what we were describing...Secure Construction came up with ideas that complemented and improved our initial request..."outside the box" thinking. Throughout the construction process, new ideas were continuously made as the project was underway...some accepted; some rejected...but always looking to make this an exceptional project, not just ordinary. They turned our so-so project into a wonderful maintnance-free porch.The project ran into a few small snags, as any project of this size would. Most were addressed in a reasonable time frame, but some time delay in the finishing touches. No comment from us was too small or "picky"...always respected. We are now enjoying our enclosed porch secure in the knowledge it was well-built by a reputable company
- Rooftop RestorationsThe consultant Explained everything in full to me about the whole process and what to expect. They cleaned my Roof, Siding, Gutters, Patio, Deck, Driveway and wood Fencing for only $1250.00! They were amazing every step of the way! We had several other quotes from various other companies and these guys were not the cheapest (right in the middle on price) but were absolutely professional. I WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND THEM TO ALL MY FRIENDS AND FAMILY
- Quality Decks LLCthey went as far as to sand, stain and seal all the wood work. it even came with a 5 year warranty on all work. the workmanship was superb although the job took a little longer than i think it should have, but it was worth every minute. nice job!!!
- Hall's Trencher ServiceThe men in his crew were all very professional and worked hard. I was here all day and watched in fascination at the skills these men had to make the patio happen. It was an all day job and they only broke for lunch. The patio looks fantastic and I highly recommend this company and people as honest, hard workers who did a great job
- Ernie Colegrove Construction LLCI received an estimate the first of August 2011; however , the work was not started until the end of February. This was the only part of the job that was annoying as they told me it would just be a few weeks until they started. Once they did start they worked non stop e ach day they were there. The workers were punctual, courteous and very willing to take care of any problems that arose. I was very impressed and pleased with the workers and the job they did. They were very neat and there was no mess left behind. The completed job was very professional and exceeded my expectations. I was very pleased the quality of the work and the workers. I would recommend Ernie Colegrove Construction and would certainly use them for future construction jobs
Deck Companies in Portsmouth
- Business Description:Creative Home Solutions is a fully insured professional General Contracting services company serving KY, OH & WV and surrounding areas. We strive for 100% customer satisfaction with a written warranty to back it upRecent Review:The job went very well. Joel and his team reengineered a tricky part of the roof to make things more reliable. The site was kept clean.Todd J.
- Business Description:Ohio Basement Authority, founded in 2009, is a subsidiary of Groundworks, a family of companies that offers superior, proven solutions for your foundation repair, structural repair, crawl space encapsulation, dehumidification, and concrete leveling needs. They currently maintain offices in Cincinnati and Columbus. Ohio Basement Authority is a recognized accredited member of the Better Business Bureau and devotes its years of experience, industry knowledge and specialized training to help cust..Recent Review:Mitchell Spurlock, a Service Technician, came to service/check the sump pump battery backup and system and provided an excellent service. He was very knowledgeable and thorough. He was concise in determining what was needed (a new battery). He promptly replaced the battery and tested and retested the system. He took the time to keep me informed, while making me familiar to the process. Great jobMatt D.
- Business Description:We are a West Virginia family owned business that started in 2003 and are fully licensed and insured General Contractors. Our services include: basement and crawlspace waterproofing and repairs; foundation repairs (sagging floors, cracks and bows); basement finishing; radon testing and mitigation; and concrete leveling/lifting
- Business Description:We do not manufacture windows or doors for homes nor do we use Insulated glass. Strafford Window Mfg. manufacturers custom wood windows for barns, sheds, stables, pool houses, cabin, porches and interior applications in the home. Our windows are made of all wood and single strength glass. Call for pricing on Tempered glass. Strafford Window MFG. manufactures Sashes, Transoms, Single Hung Window Units, Hopper Window Units, Fixed Window Units and ScreensRecent Review:These windows are solid, well built and look great. I will be ordering more for my house.Don P.
- Business Description:Amazing EZ-Screen Porch Windows are uniquely designed and custom-sized screen porch windows made to fit existing openings without expensive re-framing. They are also ideal for new construction. It’s easy to enclose your outdoor spaces. Versatile, rugged and attractive, they’re also a snap to operate. Open, they let the breeze in, closed they provide protection for rain, snow, wind, dust and the summer sun. Light weight, but heavy duty. Amazing EZ-Screen Porch Windows are constructed of ..
- Business Description:Shield Roofing & Construction LLC. has been successfully serving the Tri-State area since 2012. We later opened our doors to help more homeowners recieve quality roofs in West Virginia, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Florida. We take great pride in our reputation for outstanding workmanship and quality productsRecent Review:Did a great job replacing my old roof. The one issue was quickly addressed. Jeff did an excellent job of explaining.Jill L.
- Business Description:ARCBAZAR provides online architectural design. Services include: New Residential, Remodeling, Interior Design, Landscape, and Commercial Spaces. Clients launch a competition for a project online at ARCBAZAR.com by providing a brief description and images/dimensions. Several Architects & Designers participate in the competition. By the end, Clients receive multiple design packages and choose the best solution. To view completed projects, please visit www.arcbazar.coRecent Review:Good for initial idea generation - will not replace an architect familiar with local Building CodesJeffrey P.
- Business Description:There’s never been a better time to transform you home with Champion of Columbus! Think of us as a one-stop shop for everything you need to beautify your home’s exterior: windows, sunrooms, siding, roofing and doors. Only Champion offers the superior energy efficiency of Comfort 365 Windows, industry-leading limited lifetime guarantee, and award winning products made in the USA. For over 60 years, Champion has been manufacturing and installing quality windows, doors and sunrooms while creati..Recent Review:Nothing about our experience with this company has been good. I am still waiting on a solution to the multitude of issues we have had with our window install. It has been over 6 months and I still don't have all my windows or hardware and no one in this company seems to care about my concerns. I didn't even get any other estimates because of a recommendation from my mother. She had windows installed in 2014 and had nothing but good things to say about her experience. Obviously things have changed in 7 years. She regrets ever suggesting Champion to my husband and me and says she will never recommend them to anyone ever again. Do yourself a favor and get multiple estimates and stay away from a company that requires you to sign a contract that day or you lose out on the sale. A measure tech had to come out to my house 3 times (each time at least 3 weeks between visits) to measure a single window which was the start of the delay. I was told that first they couldn't read the writing, then the measurements didn't match. The install "professionals" broke a new window which had to be reordered. End of August was the install and I was told it would take at least 4 weeks to get the replacement window. There is a 3 inch scratch down to the metal on my big living room picture window. The caulking job would have been better done by a 2 year old. I do not have all the cranks for my awning windows, even though the windows sat in their warehouse for almost a month before my install date. The contractors put a gash in the beadboard on my bathroom wall and hammer scratches and divots in my living room and half bath window sills. They left grass stain on my cream living room carpet and a pile of cigarette butts at the end of my driveway. I was told they would do the install from 9 to 4. They showed up at 10 and didn't leave until almost 8 pm. On some of the bedroom windows you can see light from outside around the sill. Which makes me question the quality of the install. When they first showed up they complained that the front of my house was stone and that I had bushes in the flower garden. We signed papers on April 3rd and the install didn't even happen until August 30th. At the time of signing I was told it would be 8 to 12 weeks until the install. I was told that Champion Installers would be installing the windows. That was a lie. The men that showed up looked like they were pulled right off the street. The trucks they arrived in were not company trucks and they were not wearing any company shirts. You wouldn't have even known that it was champion doing the install. I guess the way they get away with saying they have Champion professionals is that they have one guy who actually works for Champion and the others are subcontracted (one guy had his grandson with him to help). And ironically, it was the actual Champion employee that was complaining I had a stone facade and bushes out front. He was also the one that did the horrendous caulking job. When he first showed up he told me that he wasn't going to take the flashing all the way to the stone which would have left an inch of the existing wood exposed. I told him no and the whole reason for the install was to have no maintenance. Leaving the wood exposed would have caused me to to have to upkeep with paint. He was not thrilled about my insistence that all the wood be covered. It seemed from the start that the whole job was an inconvenience for them. As of mid-October this project is still not completed. I had to make numerous calls and texts before anyone even attempted to contact me. And when they did, they would not listen and did not seemed concerned that the contractors left my house in worse shape than when they started. I was also told told that it is in their policy that they do not offer discounts or refunds. That set off warning bells. If a company has to have a policy about that, you know they know that their product and service is lacking. I would never recommend this company to anyoneRebecca S.
- Business Description:Additional DBAs - Layman's Masonry Estimator, Rod Layman Mason Contractor.Recent Review:Totally unprofessional. I regret using this company. Rod quoted the work, but the kid doing the job seemed to have never done it before. The chimney needed repair to the top 15 or so brick rows. I had to point out from the ground bricks that still looked (and were) loose after he was "finished". He failed to tuck point one whole side of the chimney. The chimney still leaked after they finished. I went up on the roof to inspect where water might be coming in. The poured concrete cap looked like a someone just spilled a whole bucket of concrete. It slopes toward the chimney vent and water pools on top. Completely useless. The work was "guaranteed" in word by Mr. Layman, but he has not kept his word. I have been calling about the continued leaking for two months and no one has come out. I also found a broken 6 ft extension pole in the gutter which they were too careless to remove after dropping itAlex K.
- Business Description:We are a general construction company providing a wide variety of services. The company founders are Samuel M. Roe and Samuel M. Roe II from Greenup County. They have over 40 years combined experience in all fields listed and take pride in exceptional work ethic and quality craftsmanship
Explore our Solution Center for helpful deck company articles
If you have in-laws or parents who will move in with you in the future and you want to maintain some privacy, adding an in-law suite can be a great option. What’s more, in-law suites can increase your property value.
Flagstone gives your outdoor space a gorgeous, rustic feel. Find out the cost of flagstone per square foot or per ton. Our expert cost guide helps you plan your budget for your flagstone project from walkways to patios to walls.
Find deck & porch contractors in
- West Portsmouth
- South Shore
- New Boston
- Franklin Furnace
- South Webster
- Oak Hill
- Coal Grove
deck & porch contractors in Portsmouth
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- a-general contracting and dapo electricP.0.box 370
Portsmouth,ohio Columbus,ohio, Ohio
- ACA Handyman Solutions2146 Porter Pike
Bowling Green, Kentucky
- Advanced Restoration Group2211 13th St SW
- All Star General Contracting400 Bellefonte Princess Road
- Amazing EZ-Screen Porch Windows563 Shoreview Park Rd
Saint Paul, Minnesota
- Arcbazar Inc114 Western Ave
- a-general contracting and dapo electric
- C&B Home Improvement And Roofing Service413 Marion Pike
- C&M Remodeling and Interior Design
- CASSIDY CONSTRUCTION357 CAREYS RUN POND CREEK RD
West Portsmouth, Ohio
- Champion Windows and Home Exteriors of Columbus209 Green Meadows Drive
LEWIS CENTER, Ohio
- Craig Lyons Construction5740 Windfall Rd
- Creative Home Solutions1518 W Midland Trail Rd
- C&B Home Improvement And Roofing Service
- Freeman Roofing & Construction Co.503 4th Street East
South Point, Ohio
- Freeman Roofing & Construction Co.
- Grahams Roofing & Construction2003 Lick Run Lyra Rd
- Grahams Roofing & Construction
- Magnolia Outdoor Living3522 Ashford-Dunwoody Rd. Box 162
- Midwest Buildings and Supply6130 US Highway 50
- Miller Remodeling & Painting703 Lancaster St
- MoistureTech Consulting940 Juliana Street
Parkersburg, West Virginia
- Momma's little handyman
Charleston, West Virginia
- Mountain State Renovations, LLC.1721 County Road 18
South Point, Ohio
- Magnolia Outdoor Living
- Napier & Son Home Improvements10 Twp. Rd. 1408 S.
South Point, Ohio
- Napier & Son Home Improvements
- Ohio Basement Authority2421 McGaw Rd
- Ohio Basement Authority
- Quality Decks LLC304 1/2 Boundry St
Oak Hill, Ohio
- Quality Decks LLC
- S&S Construction Services212 Caleb Lane
- ShadeTree Canopies – for COOL outdoor living space6317 Busch Blvd
- Shield Roofing & Construction LLC739 County Road 1
South Point, Ohio
- Simple Solutions WV LLCPO Box 523
Kenova, West Virginia
- Stanley Contracting12516 State Rt 175 S
- Strafford Window Manufacturing, Inc.168 Roller Coaster Road
Strafford, New Hampshire
- Swiss Valley Fence Ltd2411 State Route 39
- S&S Construction Services
- T-N-T Building and Restoration, LLC7061 Rings Road
- The Basement Guys1633 Thornwood Dr
- The House Doctor136 5th St NE
- TNT Home Improvements3163 MELODY LN
- Tri State Enterprise1305 Argillite Rd
- Tri State Lawn Care1305 Argillite Rd
- TWIN RIVERS CO4608 DEHNER ST
- twinrivers construction7219 cr 424
- T-N-T Building and Restoration, LLC