If the refrigerator in your new home doesn’t fit, or you have a strong attachment to your current one, you’ll need a strategy for shipping it safely. Here’s how to properly ship a refrigerator and tips for avoiding hits and dings along the way.
Get matched with top moving companies in Huron, OH
There are 18 highly-rated local moving companies.
Recent Movers Reviews in Huron
- Leaders Moving & Storage Co of ColumbusRay, Snoop and Nate made moving day a breeze! The guys were courteous and professional. They were very careful with my huge dining room table and 2 piece china cabinet (and everything else). Efficient and pleasant - what more could you ask for?
- D&D Moving IncWe had a FULL house of furniture and other items. Nice, large, expensive furniture. When the movers (4 men and 2 semi trucks) came to the house to move us out they were very impressive. They covered all flooring and made every precaution possible not to harm our home in anyway. They worked extremely hard. They packaged fragile and hard to box items. They then moved all of my stuff into storage for the winter. I have a very large cream leather sectional that I was worried about. They took great care of it. It returned to me in the exact condition it left. The amount of furniture and belongings we had was impressive. All items were stored in their warehouse for the winter. The cost for storage was around 245$ per month. I thought was very resonable. To put in storage units we would have needed at least 2 so the cost would have been similar and would not have been climate controled like the warehouse. On the return end of the move D & D loaded their trucks the day before. They showed up at my house at 9:30 am (exact time quoted). They took extreme care with the new construction, again protecting all floors and doorways. Everything has since been unpacked and is accounted for and in the same condition as given to them. I have moved three times. This is my third moving company. They are outstanding. I would recommend this group to anyone. Their price was spot on. Their work ethic great, and the care they show for your belongings really means something. I hope to not move again (just built our home), but if I do I will use this company again. I cannot say that about the other 2 companies I have used
- Move It Now - Akron Canton & MedinaIf you are looking for a mover, I highly recommend MOVE IT NOW. You could not have ask for a better experience and professional movers. They moved my furniture and ect. to two different locations, there was not one thing that was damaged, the two movers were so pleasant and courteous and polite. I would hire them in a heart beat. They came on time and work so **** ** a 95 degree weather
- Eyring MoversThis is the second time we used them and they were originally recommended to us by a colleague of mine. Of all the movers we've used, they are by far the best.
- Krupp Moving ServicesThe entire process was a very good experience. We experienced good quality and service across the board. The crew of Charles K., David S., Josh, EJ, and Matt were very professional, courteous, and extremely hardworking. I would recommend this moving company to everyone, regardless of how large or small the job. One other thing to note: the final bill came in under estimate
- Stevens Worldwide Van LinesMove from the home to the apartment went very smoothly and the stored items which were delivered later went well also. Very good communication with our local representatives.
- The Original Lupica Moving & Storage, IncWe haven't had the actual move yet. But I did want to report on our experience thus far, because moving involves a LOT of stress, generally. But after talking with Bill Lupica several times, I can feel my stress level and anxiety about moving considerably relieved. So Lupica Movers has already provided a valuable service to us, even before the move. That's worth reporting on. Update, completed household move: Very well. Very prompt, well organized, professional, experienced, reasonably priced. Superb
- AAA ALWAYS MOVINGThey did an excellent job. They were very careful and took care of our things well. It was a very personable service and friendly. They were really nice. We enjoyed them. We felt that we had friends moving us instead of just someone who showed up. The owner drivers the truck. The owner was part of the group which was really nice
- The Original Lupica Moving & Storage, IncLupica Movers stored our furniture and other belongings in their temperature-controlled indoor facilities from February 14, 2011 until November 18, 2011. When we finished our remodeling and requested that Lupica deliver our belongings from storage, they responded promptly and we arranged a mutually agreeable date for delivery. Lupica Movers arrived at the appointed time with two men who carefully and efficiently placed our furniture in our home exactly as we wanted it. They were courteous, friendly, respectful, well-organized, and had all of their documentation in hand and well organized. Brad, the lead mover, who has been with Lupica for more than 17 years I am told, is an experienced professional mover. His coworker was excellent, as well -- a hard worker. The move was completed in a very timely manner for an exceptionally reasonable price. We cannot say enough wonderful things about Lupica Movers. Everyone at Lupica Movers makes the customers feel as if they are the most important people in the world. An ordinarily very stressful exercise was made much less stressful by the way that we and our belongings were treated -- at a great price. We are very pleased with our second experience with Lupica Movers this year
- Falcon movingI moved with Falcon a few weeks ago. I paid a bit more for their services because I could not find any negative reviews. My experience did not live up to what I read online. First, let me say, that the crew that came to my home worked very hard. They could have gone a bit faster with the load process in my opinion, but overall they did not dilly dally to "milk the clock" as other movers in the past have done. They did not take a break (which is was surprised by) and seemed like nice guys. They were all very young and appeared to be inexperienced though. The main guy told me at the beginning one was just getting back from vacation and "hadn't gotten his legs back yet." Not exactly what you want to hear when you've hired a company to move all your valuable possessions. He also had a very hard time explaining the various insurance options too me and kept trying to get me to sign off on no extra coverage. I was surprised, because isn't that where they make all their money? As far as the move goes, there were little dings and scratches to both my stuff and the walls, which is expected. They dumped quite a bit of stuff into their "zip pack" which is just a big cardboard box on wheels. My biggest complaint is I wish they would have asked me about some of the stuff because I would have directed them to leave it. I could have easily come back for the golf clubs and tower fans which ended up getting broken because they were all tossed in to the same zip pack together. I was standing around so it would have been an easy conversation. The only only real casualty was a tower fan that had the base completely broken. I spoke to the manager at the end of the move and he said he would call me the next day to file the claim and I never heard a word from him. The point is not the broken fan, at $.30 a pound the claim would have netted less than $1.50 probably and clearly not worth the time and effort. The point is that his crew damaged my belongings and he said he would call and follow up and never did. Very disappointing customer service. I share this so that you can go in with eyes wide open. We're they the worst movers I've ever had? Not at all. Did I have the glowing experience that I read about in the other online reviews? Also, not at all. One more thing to note. They crew did not even offer to wear masks. I moved mid-June and fully expected them to at least have masks on when they got out of the truck
Movers in Huron
- Business Description:Trust your move to the experts! Award winning moving services, fully licensed and insured. Local and long distance, home and office, storage and beyond. A+ Rated Angie's List Super Service Award Winning Movers. We are accredited with the Ohio BBB and Super Service Award winners for Angie's list 2009-2018. Family owned & operated business, Veteran founded and owned. WE HANDLE ALL YOUR MOVING NEEDS. We also provide professional packing services and supplies, housecleaning services, storage, jun..Recent Review:We moved to a new house about a month ago, after living in the same place for 7 years. We had a lot of heavy furniture and other items. The movers Kelvin, Ty, and Jaylen did a great job arriving on time, moving everything carefully, and thoughtfully moving around the space to avoid damage. They were kind to our animals and young son, who was very excited and wanted to "help". Thank you Kelvin, Ty, and Jay for your professionalism and excellent serviceDANIELLE L.
- Business Description:Moving APT provides long-distance moves, packing and storage. Call Moving APT for the best cross-country moving, at affordable prices.Recent Review:I'm going to start out by saying I'm no stranger to cross country moves (I've moved to Hawaii from Kentucky, Ohio from Hawaii, and Ohio to Florida). I've done it three times and this will be my fourth permanent move. If I could give negative stars I would. The whole point of my post is so someone doesn't have the same thing happen to them as it did me. First I had called several companies for quotes and they gave me the one. Around 1K less than any other company. So I booked with them. It was explained to me my belongings would arrive 14-21 days however, most customers received their home goods closer to 14. We specifically chose a week and half earlier pack date so when I arrived in Vegas my belongings should be shortly behind me. I was fully aware it could take the 21 days total. Move day comes. The movers arrive 4 hours early which was great. They were professional. They did say the gentleman on the phone underestimated my cubic feet however. The price went up by a little over 1K. I was slightly confused to how this could be considering my belongings were in storage units with exact dimensions. However, I went forward as once they are there to pack and I had flown in (I'm a health care first responder working with Covid) I was almost at their mercy as I was on an extremely tight schedule. When the price did go up the moving company told me they had to get preapproval for the new price and would call them. I was assuming "them" was APT. The packing went without a hitch and during that time I was given many papers to fill out. One of which had first delivery date. It was NEVER explained to me by marking a date (because I was told to fill everything out in it's entirety) it would DELAY my move until THAT date. I unknowingly put down the first day that would be best for me which was the day after my arrival to Vegas. I should clarify Moving APT only contracts out moving companies they themselves do not move your belongings. They are what was referenced as a shadow company. So let's fast forward to 11am the original move time. T. Shields called from Moving APT. She was quite surprised the company was already there. She also didn't know they had increased the price. Now my belongings were already on the truck and there was two trips left to have everything moved. The manager on site spoke with her and to my understanding everything was resolved. It was not. T. Shields calls back to inform me her price was also going up as the company gets money as well even though this WAS NOT told to me when I signed the new paperwork. My new cost was 2K total in price. Making a 4K move now a 6K move. She told me I could speak with whom I wanted but she would be calling back to get the rest of the money. Also might I add when she called back she did reduce what the movers had quoted because they over priced their packing materials used. I explained to her in no way was I ever told about this. And I had assumed the phone call earlier was to them. The movers had left at this point and she was surprised they were gone. She told me I should have called to which that was never explained to me and when the manager on-site had called "them" it was not Moving APT but their company. Remember they contract out. So now Ive called for an update to see if my home goods have left the warehouse. I have zero response for over 48 hours despite being told each day I called that I'd have an update by end of the working day. So today I get an update and since I put down October 5 as my first available date my move starts TODAY. So now I'm at the 14-21 day window. I told them again NO ONE explained this to me. To which their reply was well it kinda is what it is. For those of you who don't want to read: 1. Don't pick them. They are poor with communication and my move went up by 2K on pack day. 2. My move dates was completely misquoted and they do not explain anything to you. 3. They contract other moving companies. Find them and book directly with them. It will save you a lot of headacheSarah S.
- Business Description:Movers Direct, llc is a full service moving company. We offer packing service, packing materials, piano movers, local and long distance moves. We specialize in residential and commercial. Movers Direct was voted Best of the Best moving company for 4 consecutive years in Chattanooga, TN. Call today and get your move on the booksRecent Review:EXCELLENT! The process from start to finish was spectacular and highly professional. They packed up our entire home (approx 1500 sq ft) and drove it 2200 miles to our new home, unloaded and helped to set up furniture (bedroom sets etc). Chad and Garrett were very attentive to detail, extremely careful with the packing and unloading, and absolutely trustworthy. USE THEMPATTI A. S.
- Business Description:”Long distance moving from or to the west coast only. No local service outside Portland Oregon, Los Angeles California and Seattle Washington.” Local and Long Distance Moving & Storage. Household, Commercial, Corporate services available. Our Mission is To exceed expectations on every move. We live this day in and day out. We provide actual full time movers, not day labor like other companies. Our service is top notch and fully efficient. Our trucks are perfectly equipped for moving with Pads..Recent Review:Shady company, look elsewhere. I went with them based on price and that they were “highly rated”. According to the estimator, I needed 1 truck. When moving day came, they couldn’t fit everything in 1 truck. In fact, it wasn’t just a little bit leftover, but quite a bit. They had someone come out the next day to pick it all up and would later pack it on 2 pallets at their warehouse that I had to pay to ship across country. I didn’t have any other options since we had to be out of the house and were moving long distance. The items on the truck made it on time and safely. It was the pallets that never arrived. When I finally called to check the status (2 weeks after they were picked up), I found out they were just sitting in the warehouse and weren’t shipped yet. They hadn’t even gotten an estimate of the cost. Then they gave the wrong phone number to the 3rd party company that was transporting it so they couldn’t arrange delivery because they couldn’t get in touch with me. Finally the day came to have it delivered (6 weeks after pickup) and the 3rd party transport company asked if I had packaged the pallets up myself. I said no, the professional movers did that we paid. He said it was one of the worst jobs he’s ever seen and kept telling me it’s just items and they can be replaced. He also made a point to give me detailed instructions on how to file a claim for broken items because he knew things would be broken. The 3rd party transport company pays for 100% replacement value but normally works with the shipper, not receiver. I filed a claim with the transport company anyways and reached out to All Service Moving on it. All Service Moving said they would pay me the full amount right away if I signed the incident waiver signing away my rights. This included not holding All Service Moving responsible for anything related to the damage as well as not be able to post any negative review, rating, post about them. I’m sorry, what?!?! Due to their negligence and incompetent job, items were damaged and I can’t share that to prevent others from experiencing the same? Obviously, I refused to sign. I kept my claim with the transport company. Although our claim settlement was only 1/3 of what I was asking for, I’d rather receive the lower amount and still be able to write this review so others are warned. Let this be your warning to run away, far away from this companyLisa O.
- Business Description:Cost is deteremined by the job. Additional email: email@example.com. Agent for united van lines.
- Business Description:ADT home security systems are backed by more than 145 years of experience. As the leader in home security, ADT can help you customize a home security system with easy-to-use equipment and special security features to meet your safety needs. We have service centers nationwide that can install an ADT home security system within 24 hours in most areas. Once your home is equipped with our top-of-the-line system, it is connected to a network of ADT Monitoring Centers nationwide which deliver non-..Recent Review:My experience using ADT for a new alarm system was exceptional. Shout out to the service technician who got me all setup and even added an extra door sensor to my package for no additional charge. This kind gesture went a long wayPatrick M.
- Business Description:United Freight of America is your all inclusive transport solution. CONTACT US FOR A QUOTE. please include pick up and Drop off locations and vehicle informationRecent Review:Extremely smooth process! Very happy with their service, would def recommend.Adam W.
- Business Description:Welcome Home Moving Services strives every day to provide you the highest quality moving services in the industry. We are an honest and diligent company with only the most experienced movers. We have inherited a continued work ethic that we live by here at Welcome Home Moving Services. It is our promise to provide you, our customers with superior and professional moving services and top-rated customer service. We are directly affiliated with only A-rated carriers which gives us the best prici..Recent Review:Jerome and Adam from J & Z Moving were great. They had my stuff loaded quickly and all of the furniture fit through the doors without being broken down.Amanda T.
- Business Description:No matter how much you have or where it needs to go, we're here to help.
- Business Description:Save time and money NOW!! CELEBRATING over 15 years in Auto Transport Business!! Giving all Angie's list members $25 off on any auto transportation! Work directly with the owner, Nichole Hilton! Call or text 24 hours @ 310 686 5318. Please know you will have assistance from start to finish and we are aware of how to fulfill all transportation needs!! All insurance is included in the rates we provide. Call 888 318 0080 for any questions. http://www.hiltonautotransport.coRecent Review:It was fantastic - there was some unexpectedness that could of resulted in delays but Nicole was amazing she found us an alternate who did a spectacular job at an amazing price -and Nicole was fantastic at responding to texts and keeping us informed -highly recommenSonia A.
Deals in Huron for Moving Companies
Explore our Solution Center for helpful moving company articles
Regularly cleaning your dryer vent can prevent dust, lint, and other debris from building up. That buildup can be dangerous, but so can cleaning the dryer vent yourself. Here’s why it’s best to let a professional do the job.
You’ve amassed quite the collection of valuables, and you’d like to keep it that way. Boxing up delicate items requires a steady hand and a full-proof plan. Use these tips to learn how to pack fragile items for your next move.
Find moving companies in
- Berlin Heights
- Bay View
- Lakeside Marblehead
- South Amherst
- North Fairfield
- Port Clinton
- New London
moving companies in Huron
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- Ace American Transportation LLC3710 W. Tompkins Ave
Las Vegas, Nevada
- AD Transport
- ADT3750 Priority Way South Dr
- All Service Moving - Long Distance Moving 747 S Monroe St 2063334424
- Allegheny Valley Transfer Co Inc1512 Lebanon Church Rd
- AMBASSADORS MOVING & SHIPPING12325 Acadamy Rd.
- Auto Transport - United Freight Of America1844 N Nob Hill Rd #171
- Auto Transporters Online25108 Marguerite Pkwy
Mission Viejo, California
- Ace American Transportation LLC
- Eyring Movers638 Moore Rd Unit A
Avon Lake, Ohio
- Eyring Movers
- Infinity Moving & Storage Inc - NYC175 Walnut Ave
Bronx, New York
- Infinity Moving & Storage Inc - NYC
- Malo Moving Company 1839 Schrock Rd
- Mansion Movers1960 South Ocean Blvd
- McCusker & Bros.
- Mike's Hauling Services - (440) 371-331936818 Center Ridge Rd
North Ridgeville, Ohio
- Modern Piano Moving992 Highway D
- Mohican Moving & Storage Inc1225 Township Road 593 # 1153
- Montway Auto Transport425 N Martingale Rd Ste 550
- MORSE VAN LINES OF USA83 S STATE ST
- Movers Direct LLC314 Old Hales Gap Rd
- Moving Ahead Services LLC3883 Business Park Dr
- Moving APT - Long Distance Movers936 Sw 1st Ave., Suite 130
- Malo Moving Company
- Rell & Quality movers LLC13400 Crennell Ave
- Rell & Quality movers LLC
- STONEGATE DESIGNER DELIVERY, INC11942 Sherman Road
North Hollywood, California
- STONEGATE DESIGNER DELIVERY, INC
- United States Logistics300 N LaSalle Dr Ste 4925
- United States Logistics