Even new, high-quality windows can allow noise pollution to enter your home if not correctly installed. Here’s what you need to know about why your new windows are letting in more noise and what you can do to fix the problem.
Get matched with top window treatment in Akron, OH
There are 20 highly-rated local window treatment.
Recent Window Treatment Reviews in Akron
- Gotcha Covered of AvonWe found Gotcha Covered on Angie's List and contacted them via e-mail for an estimate. Withing one hour, we received a phone call from Gotcha Covered office manager, Jennifer, to schedule a home visit with Matt and Ami for that same week! We were upgrading the decor in our dining room and den with fresh paint, new carpet, new office furniture, and new lighting. We needed to complete the project with new window coverings. We already knew what we wanted for the window treatments. We wanted vertical vinyl shades (120" X 84") for the dining room bow window that would open completely off the window frame when stacked, so the slats would not blow around in the breeze (like my old ones did) when we opened the windows. We also wanted a light filtering roller shade (92" X 60") to filter the sun while we were eating at the dining room table. But we still wanted to be able to open the 4 double hung windows to let in the summer breeze! Ami was able to show us the materials we desired by color and pattern. We selected the vertical color and pattern first, then we selected a coordinating roller shade. Matt gave us a quote and wrote up the contract very efficiently. The price was very reasonable, and the expected delivery date of the window treatments was 3-4 weeks! We had several questions and concerns about the roller shade and the vertical slates for the dining room bow window that we thought of after Matt and Ami had left. We called Matt and he immediately answered our questions. He told us, "We will make it right," and not to worry about the mounting of the two window treatments on the same window. We were pleasantly surprised when the verticals and the roller shade arrived at Gotcha Covered within 2 weeks, and they were installed 3 days later! The installer, Todd was courteous, professional, and efficient at installing the window treatments on both windows. He even changed his shoes before stepping on our new carpet! Our dining room and den windows are very beautiful! We are satisfied and pleased with the services provided by Gotcha Covered! I would definitely recommend Gotcha Covered to all of my family and friends! Thanks you Matt, Ami, Jennifer, and Todd for a great experience
- More Than BlindsMr. Ross was professional and efficient. He was right on time, and finished the installation quickly. Cost was below what I had expected to pay. The replacement looks great and works better than the original! I am extremely satisfied.
- CLASSIC WINDOW FASHIONSWe absolutely made the right choice in bringing in the professionals to help us with the window treatments for our picture window in our dining room. Kristina was instrumental in coming up with a design and options for our space, and Charlie did a fantastic job doing the install.
- Gotcha Covered of AvonAmi was very nice, personable and extremely helpful with picking out the best fabrics and design for the room. The end result was beautiful. Quality fabric that fit the room perfectly and accomplished exactly what I wanted.
- Gotcha Covered of HudsonI was blown away happy with the service. I got a call immediately after requesting it on Angi.com, Emily helped me find a solution, and the follow-up was exactly as she said it would be--and great. I highly recommend this service!
- Gotcha Covered of HudsonEmily was helpful, professional and always extremely prompt! I’m not a fan of vertical blinds but we also didn’t want pull down blinds over doors. Emily was able to provide us with vertical cellular shades, which I love! They are a split stack and open down to six inches when fully extended. They provide privacy and insulation. We had another quote on these that was twice the price of Gotcha Covered, highly recommend
- EXPRESS BLINDSExcellent - Larry was on time , polite and did excellent work. I highly recommend Larry at Express Blinds.
- Gotcha Covered of AvonWe are so pleased with the work and with the company! Matt gave us a quote, and at first, we waited to respond, because we were trying to find cornices in wood. We received a follow-up email from Matt and Jen (in the office) and we asked about the wood. To our surprise, Matt was more than happy to work to give us EXACTLY what we were looking to find. He emailed design choices, and then came to determine what color (stain) would be best for us. Within weeks they had custom made our perfect cornices, installed in just over an hour and they look so beautiful, I love them more every time I look at them! I do not have access to Google reviews or Twitter, etc...so I hope this review reaches a lot of people! Gotcha Covered deserves to be recognized for the company of quality, integrity and excellence it is! Our home is tiny but it is our home, and we love this beautiful addition. Thank you so much. God bless you.
- Gotcha Covered of AvonThe blinds were installed quicker than estimated. They fit perfectly. Installation was about 3 hours for all 10. Installer was well equipped, knew what he was doing, and did the job properly.
- Mr. Handyman of S. Orange/Westfield/Scotch Plains & MetuchenIt went as smooth as possible. Mr. Handyman and Ron Potesky's team turned an attic into a bedroom with A/C and heat, built a closet, replaced major kitchen appliances, replaced carpeting, replaced all smoke and CO2 detectors, re-wired ceiling fans, painted all interior walls, powewashed the deck and vinyl fence, then painted the deck, removed and donated or disposed of all furniture and personal items of the tenant. The team coordinated all appointments of city inspectors and professional sanitization of a very dirty space. When Mr Handyman was done, the intetior of the house looked like something out of Better Homes and Gardens! The team could be totally trusted with the housekeys. They coordinated with the realtor and the house sold in one week end!!! I highly recommend the integrity, workmanship and reliability of Mr. Handyman now located in Springfield, New Jersey, and i would hire them again in a heartbeat!!
Window Treatment Services in Akron
- Business Description:Window coverings play a major role in the entire look and feel of your home. At Gotcha Covered of Hudson, we’re committed to helping you get the most out of every single room in your house. We proudly offer custom window treatments, including blinds, draperies, shutters, and more that can take your home from drab to fabRecent Review:I was blown away happy with the service. I got a call immediately after requesting it on Angi.com, Emily helped me find a solution, and the follow-up was exactly as she said it would be--and great. I highly recommend this serviceEllen P.
- Business Description:Mr. Handyman of East Solon and Aurora Areas is a locally owned and operated professional repair and maintenance company specializing in residential and commercial services. We are your one stop handyman service providing; maintenance, repair and improvement solutions for your home or business’ entire “To-Do” list. No subs. Charges an hourly rate. Additional services offered listed on website. Bonded and Insured. Employees have passed background checks and drug testingRecent Review:Made an appointment two weeks in advance. Had to drive nearly 2 hours from Pennsylvania to be on time for the appointment. After calling to confirm. I finally got a callback 45 minutes from my destination and they initially had no knowledge of the appointment. When they finally found it they said they didn't have my address, which I gave them at the time I booked the appointment, so they cancelled the appointment without emailing or calling me! Then, the person that called made no attempt to make some other time available today (since I drove for nearly 2 hours) or reschedule. You would think that if you're going to keep an appointment you'd reach out to confirm and double check the address! Then, when I got upset that they weren't going to try anything to make some appointment work, they not only hung up on me, but refused to pick up when I called back. I called their corporate office to complain about this horrific customer service and the auto-attendant keep sending me back to the same branch! Horrific company- if there is a silver lining here, it is that if they treat people this way during the honeymoon phase of a business transaction, I can only imagine the quality or lack there of of their work! And here's the best part, they responded to another review I left and took no responsibility for any of this!!! ***Mark C.
- Business Description:Extremely successful and quickest way to receive a quote is by TEXT....PLEASE SEND PICS OF YOUR DECK, FENCE OR HOUSEWASHING PROJECT TO 330 278 4300. WITH YOUR NAME AND ADDRESS......INTERIOR PAINTING PROJECTS ARE WELCOME AS WELL!!!! NOTE...WE ARE GLAD TO ACCEPT CALLS AND EMAILS AS WELL....TEXTS ARE MAINLY FOR INITIAL CONTACT AND VERY EFFICIENT. We have been in business since 1989. We bring weathered decks back to life! Whether your deck needs boards replaced or a complete overhaul, we..Recent Review:The company placed a postcard in my door so I called to get an estimate to have my deck cleaned and treated. The first call was never returned but I called again a week later and I spoke to someone who said once the weather cleared he would do a drive by. That was over a month ago and nothing. If they didn't want my business, why bother advertising the company by placing information in my doorpaula s.
- Business Description:11x Consecutive Super Service Award Winner. A+ Rating with the Better Business Bureau.Garrity Painting is a family owned and operated company proudly serving the Northeast Ohio area. With over 25 years in the industry, Residential and Commercial. Garrity Painting also offer our expertise in several other aspects of interior and exterior work which can eliminate the need for subcontractors. Contact us today to schedule an appointment! Call and text available 216-323-831Recent Review:After reading other people's experience with Garrity Painting and doing my own exhaustive search on their track record, I called for an estimate. The owner, John Garrity, returned my call the same day and scheduled a site visit to see the scope of our project. The more I talked to him, the more it was evident that he and his team take great pride in their work. Little did I realize just how honest and hard working those guys would be! Not only were they here every day, all day, they took their time prepping surfaces (like sanding our garage doors and front door -- several times), they fixed issues they found along the way instead of simply painting over it, they painted test colors around the outside in various places so we could see the colors in different times of the day, they walked around to confirm which colors went where, they primed and they did not cheat us on the amount of paint they used for each coat. They did SUCH AN AMAZING JOB! We've had friends and family drive past the house because it has undergone such a transformation, they didn't recognize it. Of course, changing the color is a big factor, but the time and effort Garrity and his team put into the work is what really makes the biggest difference. He was 1 of 4 contractors we had out to provide an estimate and his was not only the most fair but the most thorough -- no stone was left unturned to make our house look fabulous and more importantly, he was easy and honest to work with. His communication was always timely and he always answered any questions we had. Besides the house, they also sanded and refinished our deck, steps and posts. What John said they would do, they did. No cutting corners, no adding to the estimate after we accepted the proposal. It really is rare to find business owners who still work onsite daily and ensure the customer is beyond happy. Save yourself some time with other companies - you will be hard pressed to find one better than Garrity Painting.Heather B.
- Business Description:Super Service Award 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017. Over 100 year company providing finer quality custom window treatments and reupholstering for residential and commercial clients. Specializing in decorative fabrics for a wide array of treatments, as well as Hunter Douglas custom blinds. All work is styled and created under our own supervision, emphasizing individual tastes and lifestyles of our diverse clientele. New expanded showroom at Alpha Park in Highland Heights is open to the ..Recent Review:I called and a real person answered. I described the problem and Michelle connected me to Joel, who immediately knew from my description what needed to be done and gave me a price. He also spent 10 or 15 minutes telling me how to take the shade down, and showed great patience with my ineptness, so that I could avoid the cost of a service call. We agreed on a time the next morning when he would be able to do the repair while I waited. After the repair, he showed me how to reinstall the shadearthur l.
- Business Description:Premier Home Theatre, LLC is a family owned Custom Electronics Company located in and servicing Northeast Ohio for over 20 years. We pride ourselves on great customer service, and honest pricing on electronics goods & services. We are an Authorized Dealer for nearly every popular electronics brand such as Sony, Samsung, Bose, Onkyo, Pioneer, and many more. Although we specialize in Smart Home Design & Theatre Rooms, we're eager to take on jobs of any size and budget. We back all of sales & in..Recent Review:I recently hired Jeff and company to install two televisions (on brackets) and to expand the Ethernet network in my home. It was a full day of non stop work installing wiring to several rooms, so I’d call it a mid-sized job. He was prompt, fair in his pricing, and dedicated to doing good work. I would certainly hire him again and, in fact, we’re discussing an additional project for my businessJames K.
- Business Description:Delauro Remodeling is a full service remodeling, restoration and repair business. In service for 20 years helping people with there home improvement and remodeling needs. We offer free estimates and service a 35 mile radius from our office / shop in Novelty, OH. We have a wealth of knowledge and experience and also perform insurance damage restoration due to our extreme weather conditions throughout the seasonsRecent Review:Dan and his partner did a good job overall.Tom L.
- Business Description:**FOR QUICKEST RESPONSE PLEASE EMAIL ME @ firstname.lastname@example.org ** Johnson Home Improvement is a family owned and operated business that has been proudly serving the community for over 10 years. Owner Dan Johnson has over 20 years of experience in the Home Improvement industry, and you can rest assured that he will be personally involved in every job. Our business was founded on the idea that every customer should be treated like family. We will listen to your needs and provide you with a ..Recent Review:I hired Johnson Home Improvement to install and grout a porcelain tile floor and backsplash in my kitchen. What a mistake! The floor is not flat. When I asked Mr. Johnson if the uneven tiles could be reset, he explained that they could not because resetting one tile would affect each successive tile. When I showed my disappointment, he asked me, “How do you expect me to fix this”? Mr. Johnson stated that I purchased unstraight, made in China tiles that weren’t the greatest. Although untrue, if Mr. Johnson had concerns about the quality of the tile, why didn’t he raise this issue with me? This was unscrupulous on his part. It is more likely that the floor is not flat because he did not use the leveling system wedges in over 90% of the tiles to keep the tiles even. In addition, Mr. Johnson did not grout underneath my appliances. He also did not install the HardiBacker board per manufacturer’s specifications; therefore, voided my warranty on the product. Mr. Johnson installed this floor his way and admitted that he did so regardless of warranties. Be aware! The backsplash was not grouted even though it was part of the contract. Mr. Johnson ran out of grout after telling me on day one that I purchased enough. As experienced by other reviewers, he then increased his quoted price because he would have to return to finish the job. As if that’s MY fault? Unfortunately, we ended up in small claims court. To cut to the chase, Mr. Johnson showed up with two attorneys. They wanted an expert witness. I had compelling photographs showing how badly my floor was installed as well as the unfinished grouting, so I decided not to pay the exorbitant price of an expert witness. That decision cost me in the end. I was awarded no damages towards the cost of the tile and grout, plus the cost for another contractor to tear up this mess of a floor. This was a complete kitchen tear up and redo. It involved cabinet makers and installers, countertop fabricators and installers, drywall installers, electricians, and plumbers. All their work was done with care and knowledge. They were all pleasant and easy to work with. The final step was my floor. Mr. Johnson’s shoddy work and lack of customer service skills put a huge damper and financial setback on an otherwise successful renovationCheryl Z.
- Business Description:Retractableawnings.com is a RETRACTABLE awning industry expert hired by Architects, Landscape Architects, Exterior/Interior Designers and Contractors worldwide on a consulting basis. Retractableawnings.com is a specialty fabricator, distributor & installer of all types of exterior RETRACTABLE sun, rain, wind, bug & snow protection systems including but not limited to: ≡ Retractable folding lateral arm awnings ≡ Retractable patio and deck pergola cover systems ≡ Retractable vertical drop arm a..Recent Review:1 response ,,, waited a month for a visit and quote. Would not give a discount on price for disabled Vet, or Senior .......... Contacted 2 others.. No response.2,Jamie K.
- Business Description:In-Person or Live One-On-One Online Tutoring for Any Subject, Any Age, Any Location. Standardized Tests: ACT, SAT, NMSQT, GMAT, GRE, ASVAB, ASTB, ISEE, HSPT, TEAS, TOEFL, IELTS, TOEIC Mathematics: algebra, geometry, trigonometry, pre-algebra, elementary English: grammar, vocabulary, spelling, reading, writing, listening, speaking, pronunciation, ESL, ESOL Research Papers: editing, proofreading, outlining, citations Computer: Excel, Word, PowerPoinRecent Review:Matthew was originally hired to assist my nephew in preperation for the Parochial High School Admissions exam. Building a relationship with Matthew was the best thing for my nephew. Matthew was very safe going into this situation creating a trusting a environment. Not knowing what he was walking into, Matthew quickly learned that my nephew’s academic inabilities were far more important than preparing for an high school entrance exam. Immediately Matthew begin working on creating a plan of action. He is very patient, yet intentional about holding my nephew accountable. Moreover, he follows up and send reminders for my nephew (I.e. don’t forget to bring your book home from school, remember to work on your math). Although we have a long way to go, it’s safe to say that we are seeing some progress. Thanks MatthewTyrone G.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful window treatment service articles
Estate shutters are extremely durable, energy-efficient window coverings that are optimal if you live in a warm climate. Here’s everything you need to know about their cost, materials, and benefits before you install them in your home.
Buying new or replacement windows is a big decision that affects several different aspects of life in your home. Follow this guide to keep track of everything you need to consider, from security to energy efficiency to installation.
Find window treatment in
- New Franklin
- Cuyahoga Falls
- Munroe Falls
- Silver Lake
- Sharon Center
window treatment in Akron
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- A+ Furniture Upholstery30405 Solon Rd Unit 4
- A-1 Home Repair1414 E.133RD.ST
East Cleveland, Ohio
- ABBOTT'S WINDOW COVERINGS4437 WHIPPLE AVE NW
- ADORN LIMITED5543 DRESSLER RD NW
North Canton, Ohio
- Akron Glass Tinting867 Moe Dr Unit A
- Al's General Building Contractor LLC.1336 Cascade Cir W
- AM + Design Lab11711 Lake Ave
- AMERICAN SHUTTER19199 Temple Have a wonderful day !
- ART WINDOW SHADE CO3620 Perkins Ave Ste 4
- Audio Video Interiors7204 Pearl Rd
- A+ Furniture Upholstery
- BARNETTS BEST FOR LESS PAINTP.O. Box 80074
- BELAIR DRAPERY & BLINDS879 BROWN ST
- Bell Construction5138 State Rt 43
- Beyond the Fringe6287 Promler Ave NW
North Canton, Ohio
- Blindsgalore5744 Pacific Center Blvd Ste 306
San Diego, California
- Boak & Sons Inc75 Victoria Rd
- Budget Blinds Of Brecksville21132 Creekside Dr
- Budget Blinds of Green and West Akron4132 Meadow Wood Lane
- BUDGET BLINDS OF NORTH CANTON8627 Cleveland Ave NW
North Canton, Ohio
- BARNETTS BEST FOR LESS PAINT
- C D MICHAELS INC5408 B BEDFORD ST
- C&B CONSTRUCTION CO.#1 LTD17325 EUCLID Avenue
- Candace Sveda Interior Design Inc34 Ravenna St.
- CARMEN'S DRAPERY INSTALLATION2865 MAYFIELD RD
- Certified Restoration Drycleaning Network620 E Smith Rd W12
- Chris Roblin Interior Design, Inc.6471 Cady Road
North Royalton, Ohio
- Christine's Floors Home Furnishings & Design8897 State Rte 14
- CLE Home Staging18848 Maplewood Lane
Chagrin Falls, Ohio
- CLE Roofing15806 Mina Ave
- Cleveland Artisans4870 W 12th St
- COACH CONSTRUCTION992 LANG RD
- COIT Cleaning and Restoration Services of Akron1141 Tower Dr
- Complete Window Fashions14645 Erwin Dr
- C D MICHAELS INC
- Fabric Gallery8880 Darrow Rd
- Fabric Gallery
- H Everson Designs3867 Medina Rd
- Hansen Restoration Inc6050 Stone Rd
- Herman Textile Window Fashions Inc14 Alpha Park Access drive # 25
- HOME DEPOT26241 BROOKPARK RD
North Olmsted, Ohio
- HOME DEPOT21000 LIBBY RD
Maple Heights, Ohio
- hometownconst3734 dotwood st nw
North Canton, Ohio
- H Everson Designs
- KASNERS WINDOW FASHIONS INC28760 CLARK DR
- KASNERS WINDOW FASHIONS INC
- Mark's Cleaning Service325 S Elmwood Ave
- Matteucci Interiors24203 Lake Rd
Bay Village, Ohio
- Matthew Horwich LLC14 Bristol Lane
Rocky River, Ohio
- Metropolitan Cleveland Blinds5581 Saxon Dr.
- Mic's Remodeling2244 Emerald Drive
- MILES PARK WINDOW TREATMENTS23570 MILES RD
- MRE Ulimited LLC752 Ventura Blvd
New Franklin, Ohio
- Mark's Cleaning Service
- Parma Windows6895 Grant Dr
Westfield Center, Ohio
- Patio Enclosures700 East Highland Road
- Premier Home Theatre, LLC33565 Bainbridge Rd Ste 102
- Pretty Panes2780 Goldleaf Dr
- Price Rite Roofing & Siding15110 foltz industrial parkway
- Pro Systems5279 Sandy Ave SE
- Pucher's Decorating Center50 Park St
- Parma Windows
- SCOTT'S INSTALLATION SERVICE766 PASDENA AVE
Sheffield Lake, Ohio
- ScreenItAgain6680 Parkland Blvd
- SelectBlinds.com7420 S Kyrene Rd #119
- SOLAR TECH SHADE SYSTEMS944 GRAHAM RD STE 80
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
- Stanek Windows700 East Highland Road
- STOCKS DRAPERIES2725 FULTON DR NW
- Sunray® Window Films Llc2174 Lost Nation Rd
- SCOTT'S INSTALLATION SERVICE
- TCI Cleveland387 Medina Rd Ste 1500
- THE BLIND COMPANY3849 BAY PATH DR
- The Deck Doctor House Medic & Painting Too16853 Howe Rd
- THE DRAPERY SHOWCASE392 State Rd
- The Painting Pros4666 Ledgewood Dr.
- TIMAN WINDOW TREATMENTS INC4533 Willow Parkway 30
- Tint Pros1486 Medina Rd. Suite 205
- Tint Pros5261 Commerce Parkway West
- Trim Solutions, LLC7105 Union Ave
- TCI Cleveland