Defense Pest Control

Founded 2005 • With Angi since March 2010

5457 Pine Ln

Solon, OH 44139

For over a decade, Defense Pest Control has been the Residential and Commercial Pest Control Company of choice for homeowners and businesses in Greater Cleveland area NE & NW Ohio. We offer thorough pest inspections, Wood Destroying Insect (WDI) inspections for real estate and expert insect control

06/20/2015

chad A.

The service was perfect. They were very prompt. The workers were perfect. They are a great company.

Description of Work
For pest control, I had Defense Pest Control.

09/17/2014

Clark H.

The treatment did not solve the problem. I had no further communication with them. Initial communication and scheduling were both fine. I feel like the $139 was spent solely on traps.

Description of Work
He set a few traps in the crawlspace and went around the foundation of the house and plugged up holes where mice could possibly get in. He told me to check the traps every week.

07/14/2014

Paul & Susan J.

It was a fine experience and we had no more spiders after the treatment. I have no complaints with the service.

Description of Work
I purchased a Big Deal for a spider prevention and one-time pest treatment.

06/26/2014

THEA Z.

i was very late in contacting Defense Pest, but Scott was very generous in fitting me into his schedule. I appreciated the time he took to explain the options for treating the areas where ants invade, the environmental impact of various products, and how often i should plan to contact him.

Description of Work
Checked house for ant damage, treated interior cracks that were suspicious, spread granular insect treatment outdoors near foundation, discussed options for controlling ants.

04/10/2014

Cherrie S.

He came once and never came back for the other two. I called to follow up on the 2nd appointment and they never responded to me so I did not continue. The technician seemed very nice when he was here. He was good at coming for the appointment the first time.

Description of Work
I purchased the big deal for $223 for Seasonal Pest Control (3 Treatments).

03/12/2014

chad A.

It was good. They were very customer friendly. It all worked out. I think the price was good.

Description of Work
I used the "Big Deal" that I purchased for the services of Defense Pest Control. It was for a season of pest control.

10/14/2013

Cheryl P.

it went well. can't recall all the details at this point now but know I had no complaints.

Description of Work
sprayed for summer insects

10/14/2013

George B.

It went well. The package was for three treatments. I think the third has yet to be done.

Description of Work
seasonal extermination service

10/08/2013

Phil P.

The initial contact with this company, after I had paid the $199, was a clear indicator of the experience I was going to have with this contractor. I had to REPEATEDLY email and trade voicemails before I finally got the first treatment...SIX WEEKS after I had made payment in full. Perhaps it was a coincidence, but only after I threatened, in an email, to demand a refund from Angie's List due to lack of performance, I finally got the first treatment. Since it was very late, we were already having issues with ants coming in. It took a few weeks but the ant activity did finally subside. Our second treatment was supposed to be in July, so on July 27, I again emailed Scott to inquire when the second treatment would occur, as I had not heard from him. Probably another coincidence that he came out the following Monday (July 29). Our third treatment was supposed to be in September. As I wrote this review, I still had not heard from Scott. I wrote an email on 10/2, which happened to be towards the end of that nice long stretch of sunny, warm weather. AGAIN, ONLY AFTER I CONTACTED HIM DID HE FINALLY PROVIDE THE FINAL SPRAYING TODAY. In fairness, the treatments were effective, but the delays seemed to coincide with (ant) activity. I imagine it will be another week or so until the activity subsides. (that's how long it took after the second treatment. I had a treatment program last year and never had to chase the contractor down to provide the service and it was timely to the extent that there was never any activity due to waiting too long for the next spray. I don't feel that I should have had to "remind" Scott that he had an obligation to uphold. I am so disillusioned with this experience, I will think long and hard before I ever use another Angie's List Big Deal, since it seems to me that they don't vet their contractors very well.

Description of Work
Sprayed exterior for pest control. This was an Angie's Big Deal. Three exterior pest treatments for $199.

09/30/2013

Sujata E.

Additionally he gave feedback on other sorts of issues like spiders and insects. He placed extra precautionary traps to make sure that we didn't miss any potential mice. Great work and hope not to have to call him again, but if I do I will! He was courteous and pleasant. He was very informed and his experience made me feel confident that the vermin would not be returning.

Description of Work
Defense Pest Control did a great job. He checked the perimeter of the house and gave suggestions on places around the flower beds and tree-trimming that might prevent digging and potential vermin entry to the home.

09/26/2013

James K.

Very economical price for summer insect control around the house (Cedar House = bees). The technician found other things that should be addressed (Bats) and recommended another company to assist with this. Big difference from last summer to this summer in the amount of bugs/bees around the pool / house. Great service...

Description of Work
Outdoor insect protection - three sprays

09/16/2013

L W.

The first treatment went well. He sprayed very thoroughly and gave us follow up instructions. We were to be covered by this initial spray for up to six months. I phoned him in early July that our outdoor wasp and bee problem was back (carpenter bees in front of our home). I left a voicemail and did not hear back from him. I also attempted to contact him on two other occassions with no return phone call. My young son (2 yr old) was stung at least 4-5 times by yellow jackets in our back yard. I indicated to Scott this was the circumstance and we needed a spot treatment around the house ASAP. I did not get any return phone call. I hate to leave a poor review but it definitely seemed he wanted our money that weekend he did the initial treatment. I would not use the provider again given how we've been disappointed.

Description of Work
Sprayed exterior of house, backyard, kids play area, an old stone barn and our unfinished basement.

08/12/2013

Karen H.

It went fine - he came and sprayed the baseboards and basement.

Description of Work
the service was performed some time ago - I am guessing on the date - interior insect repellant application.

08/03/2013

Robert W.

We brought in Defense Pest Control. He identified some issues. There were some he was not able to able to address directly. He was certainly able to identify some issues. Following up on that, one of the things he found was that we had a bird infestation in an open fan port that should have been screened and was not. Having identified the issue, that was a specialty that somebody else did. He arrived promptly and did a professional job with the inspection. The follow-up was done by someone else. We've been pleased by the overall product of both the initial person and the follow-up person.

Description of Work
I purchased an Angie's Big Deal to get some pest extermination done.

07/29/2013

Sheryl H.

Well, since you asked: I delayed in contacting the vendor but finally did so on 7/15/13. Vendor chose Tues, 7/23 between 11 and 12. Received a phone call early on 7/23 that vendor had two other customers in the Medina area and those customers booked Fri 7/26 and, in the interest of gas conservation, would it be okay to change our appointment to Fri at 4 PM. Accepted vendor's chosen appointment. Received a phone call on Fri 4'ish that the vendor was in Bay Village on a horrific job and being late in the day could the vendor change our appointment to Mon 7/29 before noon. Vendor now has several customers in my area and he would just make it a day in our area. Again, we accepted vendor-chosen appointment. It is now 12:25 PM on Mon 7/29. We're still waiting for vendor to arrive or at least expect a phone call. Wouldn't you?

Description of Work
So far, has made contact and booked and changed appointments. Otherwise, nothing.

Category pest control

Job was completed on 7/29. Thank you for your patience.

07/26/2013

Daniel R.

Defense Pest Control failed to honor our agreement. I left many voice mails late June to set up appointment for July 5th or 8th. He finally called back, and the dates I wanted were unavailable because he was on vacation. After that, he failed to contact me to set up another date and his "Last Chance: Rodent Exclusion Package" was expiring on July 19, 2013. My wife contacted the corporate office sharing our frustration with this company. The Angie's List representative said that she would contact him. A few days later Scott the owner contacted me and we set up July 16th but he cancelled on the 15th. He later contacted me to reschedule and we decided on July 22. Well, I am still waiting for services I paid for. He did not have the professionalism to notify me that he could not keep the appointment. I have not heard from him since July 17th.

Description of Work
Absolutely nothing! I wasted a lot of time and energy trying to work with Scott. He never answers his phone and extremely slow to return your calls.

Category pest control

[member name removed] I did contact you. Although both of our schedules are busy you could not do Thursday or Friday. You were to call me on Monday unless I misunderstood. Your coupon had expired and I still was going to honor it. scott Defense Pest Control

07/11/2013

DEBORAH N.

The service went quite well. They were very nice and professional gentlemen.

Description of Work
They quickly found the nest of carpenter ants. They sprayed around the house. He gave me additional information that would be helpful since I am surrounded by large trees.

Category pest control, lawn treatment

07/09/2013

Sharon A R.

The service has been going great so far.

Description of Work
I purchased a big deal for $223 for Seasonal Pest Control (3 Treatments).

06/18/2013

Christopher B.

I was vey pleased with the work Scott did. I have already scheduled him for my next treatment.

Description of Work
Spider Treatment

06/18/2013

Susan C.

He offered to do some spraying for me, it was additional and he did do that. I haven't done it before so I didn't really have anything to compare it to. What I called them for was to get rid of the smell. There was like a dead rat smell or something and they didn't get rid of the smell but they did prevent further incidents.

Description of Work
I used the "Big Deal" that I purchased for the services of Defense Pest Control. I called them to do rodent prevention. What they did was plug up a lot of holes outside where they thought maybe they would be getting in. They also checked the attic area to see if there was anything and set up a couple of traps.

Nancy W.

I purchased the rodent exclusion package from Angie's list. First, let me state that I am aware that our house is in bad shape outside and didn't expect he could plug all the holes, but I hoped that he could give some advice on the outside conditions, and maybe plug up the lesser mouse entrances, and that he would help us deal with the inside mice. I began trying to reach Mr. Mulcahy shortly before Easter. I got his answer machine and he did return the first call to let me know that he was on vacation and I should contact him when he got back. After that is was very hard for us to connect. He had a number of pressing personal issues. We had one appointment set that had to be cancelled because it was raining that day (hard). He said he would call back the following Monday to reschedule. He did not call back. I did call him back the following day--more telephone tag--He set up another appointment for a Friday but never showed up that day. More telephone tag. We then finally talked and he said that he would come out May 17th. I told him I had an appointment that morning and he said he would come out sometime after 1:00 PM. When I arrived home that day from my appointment I found a card stuck in the front door--he had come early. I called him and he said the house was in too bad shape for him to do anything, although he did plug up the mouse entrance from our heat pump, and blocked one other hole. He said he couldn't be expected to go under our deck (which I never expected and hadn't mentioned). I tentatively asked about the inside mice and he said nothing could be done about them until the outside of the house was fixed. He did offer to talk to my husband about what needed to be repaired on the outside to prevent the mice from getting in. The low score is because I did not get to see him in person, especially after I told him I would not be there that morning and set up an afternoon appointment. I had questions that I would have liked to ask him on site. As I said previously, I know the house is in bad shape and that he would not be able to block all entrances.

Description of Work
Assessed outside of property for rodents.

Jennifer M.

They did it while we were gone. It was a lot more affordable than who we used in the past.

Description of Work
They did a preventative treatment for ants and crickets.

sue ann D.

Used steel wool in some entrances, Suggested a person to help with intruding birds.

Description of Work
Closed holes where pests could enter my basement

JANET M.

Scott came promptly on time for his appointment. He listened to my complaints and walked with me to the locations where I was finding mice in my basement. He took the time to look completely around the basement, and then went outside and covered the perimeter of the house to look for entry points for the mice into the house. He found one way behind some shrubs where I never would have discovered it. He then filled in the entry with steel wool and then caulked over it to seal up the hole. Scott then came back in the basement, set some traps for mice that may have already been in the house and were not now able to get out. He also found a spot in the floor, behing a drain pipe by the base of the wall. Again he filled in with steel wool and caulked over the hole. Scott then left a few extra mouse traps with me and told me to give him a call in about a week to see if he had stopped the mice from getting in.

Description of Work
Looked for entry points both inside and outside of my house that mice that were using to get into my basement. He found two entry points and filled them in with steel wool and caulking. He also set up several mouse traps in the basement in case there were mice that were already in the basement and couldn't get out.

06/16/2013

Jerry K.

Very well - very smoothly, from beginning to end. Owner, Scott, is a very nice person and very professional!

Description of Work
Treated home for spiders - indoor treatment.

Akron Pest Control

Akron Pest Control is a family owned and operated company that has been servicing the Akron area since 1945. We are now in our third generation of ownership! We have 5 Licensed pest managers certified through the State of Ohio Department of Agriculture. We give free estimates over the phone. All treatments come with a guarantee!

A.G.I. Pro Services

Formally A "G.I." Window Cleaning. We Specialize in Window Cleaning, Gutter Cleaning, Gutter Guard installation, Soft Washing of Houses, Roof Treatments (removes black streaks over time), Pressure Washing, Deck Restoration, Driveway sealing, Dryer Vent Cleaning, Handyman Services, Painting, and Now are offering Pest Control.

Heights Pest Control & Termite

As everyone knows, pests that live outside of your home don't belong in your home. Heights Pest Control is prepared to tackle those invasive pests in an effective, family friendly manner because we know that a safe home is important to you. Our “Green Band Protection System” is designed to get rid of any pests inside your home and then make is so they can never get in again by securing the outside perimeter of your property. Each of our highly skilled technicians are trained in the latest application methods, proper equipment use and maintenance, and will answer any questions you may have about the materials being used to treat the areas around and inside your home & business. As your local Green Pest Solution provider, we stand behind our Money Back Guarantee, because we will respect your home as if it was our own, and your peace of mind is important to us. But don’t take our word for it! Read our Angie’s list reviews. We have been an Angie’s List Super Service award winner THREE years running due to our exemplary ratings !

2022 Super Service Award

bed bugs, general pest control & exterminating, seasonal power spray - exterior, bedbugs, rodents, wood destroying insect inspections, pest control - ants, slab ants, sugar ants, carpenter ants, spiders, centipedes,bees, wasps, carpenter bees, termites, drain flies, house hold flies, roaches

Termites