When safeguarding your basement, regrading your soil can protect your foundation from unwanted moisture and big problems down the road. Consider these five tips as you explore how to regrade your yard to help your foundation.
Get matched with top land surveyors in Rye, NY
There are 6 highly-rated local land surveyors.
Matching on Angi
Recent Land Surveyors Reviews in Rye
- Advanced Surveying LlcWe wanted to get an Elevation Certificate to determine whether we could remove our home from the required FEMA Flood Insurance map. Gregory responded immediately, and performed the work in a professional, pleasant manner. He explained how we could submit his Elevation Certificate to FEMA to request the LOMA, but we preferred for him to do it on our behalf. He prepared the materials, submitted them, and we received the hoped-for revision to the map, removing requirement for flood insurance. Definitely recommend him
- Olivos Property Perfection, Inc.Very well, the employees of Olivos Property Perfection did amazing work on the house. Thanks a lot. Very good workers.
- Olivos Property Perfection, Inc.Very fast, they came to give a free estimate, the contract was perfect, I signed it, left a down payment so they can start and they did such a wonderful job. I really see the professionalism and experience. This company is great. Thanks Olivos Property Perfection for all the help. My family loves our new look
- Thomas C Merritts Land Surveyors PCOverall this project went well. I have a half acre property that straddles Scarsdale and New Rochelle. The property line was not very easy to identify. That's why I initiated the project. Everyone was professional, courteous and responsive. I was kept informed of steps in the process and also had a prompt follow-up after the work was completed. That is a map with the stake location was e-mailed to me immediately after completion. I would recommend Thomas C Merritts
- BUTLER SURVEYING AND MAPPING INC.Highest recommendation possible. Professional. Courteous. Reasonable. Better than on time. Will use for as built survey as well. Discount for Angies list customers.
- Advanced Surveying LlcWe just recently bought a home and wanted an accurate marking of our property so we could install a fence. After looking around for a few quotes, I came across Advanced Surveying, LLC. Gregory responded to my quote request within the hour. He clearly communicated the scope of services, different options, etc. Gregory remained responsive through all email communications during the planning, staking, and sketch completion of our project! He was so efficient (came out within a handful of days, project completed in about 2 weeks from quote request) and took the time to make sure we understood everything. It was truly a pleasure to work with him! I would highly recommend Gregory/Advanced Surveying to anyone in need of these services
- Advanced Surveying Llcstill in progress, but Gregory's level of service is impeccable - thorough, professional, and expedient.
- Advanced Surveying LlcI recently used Advanced Surveying for a unique survey project to clarify property lines between neighbors where specific boundaries were only generally guessed. Gregory Kogan provided effective and efficient communication to clearly define the scope and objective of the survey. He demonstrated careful diligence in the accuracy of all measurements including the location of a boundary stake a foot beneath the ground in an area well off from any of our ‘guesses’. My property is one acre residential, wooded, with wet-land areas, shared long driveway, and sections of heavy under-growth. The survey was rolled out smoothly, staking was visual with consideration to various obstacles, survey work schedule and expectations were discussed and communicated with no issues or misunderstanding. My expectations were met and everybody is happy
- Thomas C Merritts Land Surveyors PCThe guys from TC Merritts did a professional job. They were on time, and when I ask them to stake out very specific spots they did it. In fact our property line runs behind a preinstalled fence full of some pretty thick plants and they waded into it drop a pin and a stake 50ft from the fence.
- BUTLER SURVEYING AND MAPPING INC.They were Top Notch! Very straight forward. Spoke with three (3) other providers before making the decision to go with Butler. Also, received positive feedback from attorneys and title people that I had spoke to that had knowledge of Butler and said they are good people and can be trusted. Provided a fair price. Addressed all needs in a timely manner. Took care of my concerns even after the job was done. Not everyone answers your call after the job is done, but Butler did. Returned the call right away and addressed my concerns. I never missed a nights sleep
Land Surveyors in Rye
- Business Description:We're a Land Surveying business located on Long Island. We specialize in a full range of surveying services including: title surveys, boundary surveys, topographic surveys, and site plans. We are able to complete land surveys in a shorter time frame and at a more competitive price because we utilize the latest in equipment/technology and are very diligent in our research practicesRecent Review:The service was very smooth and fast. They were very professional, on time and polite.amanda C.
- Business Description:Antonio Ciampa LLC is your local Veteran certified provider of Electrical services, home improvement and building science practices, energy retrofits and Solar renewable energy. We perform building improvement, restoration, renovation and remodel services, water proofing and drainage services, masonry services, energy efficiency retrofits, and the design and installation of solar thermal and pv energy systems. We feature a wide variety of services because we want you, the property owner, t..Recent Review:Gave detailed inspection, they're very good and very responsive, they even help out my boyfriend's air conditioning system.Maryann L.
- Business Description:A New York professional construction company that is fully licensed an insured since 1989. Free estimates, travel any where in the state of New York and customer service guaranteed. www.olivospropertyperfection.coRecent Review:Very well, the employees of Olivos Property Perfection did amazing work on the house. Thanks a lot. Very good workers.Patrick L.
- Business Description:Our firm provides professional licensed land surveying services as well as mapping services in New York and Connecticut. Our skilled staff provides a full array of professional cost-effective services to clients with the following surveying and mapping needs: • Title transfer surveys and boundary surveys for private homeowners • Property line staking • Topography and land feature surveys • Elevation certificates for FEMARecent Review:Overall this project went well. I have a half acre property that straddles Scarsdale and New Rochelle. The property line was not very easy to identify. That's why I initiated the project. Everyone was professional, courteous and responsive. I was kept informed of steps in the process and also had a prompt follow-up after the work was completed. That is a map with the stake location was e-mailed to me immediately after completion. I would recommend Thomas C MerrittsJames C.
- Business Description:Established in 1999. With over 25 years experience in the Westchester Area, our friendly team of experts will work with you on your landscaping and/or home improvement vision to make it a reality. Our Services Include but not limited to : Tree Removal & Replacement Spring Clean Up Mowing Mulching Edging Weeding Pruning & Trimming Stump Grinding Leaf Clean Up Gutters Planting Aerating Soil Testing Irrigation Systems Sprinkler Maintenance Sod Replacement & Removals Lawn Pest Control Insect Cont..Recent Review:They always did wonderful job every time. Very nice people. My property looks amazing because of them.Allyson M.
- Business Description:4 EMPLOYEES. NO SUBS. COST IS DETERMINED BY THE JOB. NO TRAVEL CHARGES. NO SERVICE FEE. EXTRA CHARGE FOR AFTER-HOUR SERVICE MAY APPLY. MAY CONTACT THROUGH EMAIL. ALSO SERVICE ROCKLAND, SUFFOLK, ORANGE & PUTNAM COUNTIESRecent Review:not very well, their survey did not correspond to the original survey performed on my home. they never contacted me to notify when they were coming so I could be present. I contacted them to notify that one neighbor had removed a stake to adjust it to his favor and needed them to return and rectify the placing of the stake. I was told they would need to charge me again to restake that one area. All in all I am not happy with their servicAlexandra W.
- Business Description:Lawn care, masonry, blacktop. Additional address: 573 Sunrise Highway, W. Babylon, NY 11704Recent Review:We got our quote from James on March 31st and choose our pavers at the showroom on April 1st. He promised to have the work completed by Memorial Day. Even told us to set up a nice party. What a joke this company is. We called and texted many times. So many no shows when he made appointments with us. The shipment of pavers sat in front of our house from June 28th until August 05th. On August 4th after yet ANOTHER no show he very rudely answers the phone and tells me he can’t deal with me and he’d stop by the next day. I told him that wouldn’t work for us and I expressed that I felt he was very unprofessional for the way he’s handled business with us. Not one time did he call us with an update. Not a single time did he reach out. After I expressed that I was unhappy with how unprofessional he was he asked me in a very rude way if I wanted him to just get his bricks and go. I couldn’t believe it. After waiting since March that’s how he chose to handle the situation because he was unhappy with my criticism. I told him that it was fine and he should just get his bricks off my property ASAP. By the silence on the other end of the phone I could tell that he didn’t expect for me to call his bluff. What a terrible businessman. Things happen for a reason and even though we waited so long, I’m glad we ended up firing him. We found a wonderful contractor and our yard will be done very soon! Do yourself a favor a stay away from this companyMonica R.
- Business Description:We are a multi faceted surveying company that delivers quality surveys for a wide range of applications. We acquired the records of Richard C. Drake, Lindenhurst, NY. We now have over 50 years of surveying records. We are dedicated to exceptional service. Our success is our client success. We fulfill all of our customers needs and strive to exceed their expectationsRecent Review:I don't know what I was thinking when I picked them. Because I used them for my title survey I wanted them to also come out and do stake outs for property. It has been two months now and they have failed to set up an appointment to do such a simple thing. They return phone calls when they want (most of the times they don't) and every time it is a new excuse for not being able to setup an appointment. Stay away! Not acting as professionals and are not responsiveSyed R.
- Business Description:For over 20 years, Griffin’s Landscaping has been a leading presence in landscape design, construction and maintenance in New York. Serving Westchester, Putnam and Southern Duchess counties, we are experts in creating and maintaining exceptional outdoor environments designed to fit any lifestyle, budget and timeframe. Our commercial and residential services are all completed with the utmost care and expertise, and our employees are all highly trained and extremely knowledgeable in a variety o..Recent Review:Avoid Griffin's Landscaping. I paid more and got less than we had agreed on in writing. I later discovered that much of the work was done improperly. The main work item was a 4-foot-high retaining wall of mortared stone. Glen Griffin's proposal gave a fixed price for it (not a price per foot). Without consulting me, Griffin added $1,125 to the final bill, claiming that the wall turned out higher than he expected. During later excavation on my property, I found that the wall lacks the required concrete footing and the base is only a few inches below grade (see the photo here). There is also no gravel backfill behind the wall for drainage. These defects mean that the wall is prone to premature failure. The work plan also specified a "curtain drain" (a buried, perforated pipe surrounded with gravel) along one side of the house. I wasn't around when the workers installed it. Later, when digging in that area, I discovered that they had simply buried a solid pipe. During the project, I asked Griffin what he'd charge to prune branches on a large maple tree. He said he'd get back to me with the price. It seemed odd that he wouldn't say on the spot. The next thing I knew, the work was done, and there was a steep charge for it on my bill. When I first interviewed Griffin, he told me he had built the house's existing walkway for the previous owner. Later I took up some of the pavers and found that they were resting on dirt. The normal layers of paver base and bedding sand are missingEric W.
- Recent Review:Horrible! I've actually used them before years ago, with no issues, but this time, they never responded to my email replying to their proposal that I'd like to move forward. Then when I followed up on the phone, the person went on vacation and someone said, we'll get back to you. They never got back to me, so I followed up again. At that point, they said they'd get the survey taken care of and gave me a date. The date passed, and I called again to follow up and again, no one called me back! I finally got a hold of someone, and they said that they wouldn't get out to do it until a week later than they proposed. They honestly could not have been more rude, disinterested in my concerns and told me to take it or leave it, we don't care. It's one of the worst customer service experiences I have ever hadBob L.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful land surveyor articles
Use this property line guide before building a fence, planting hedges, or installing a swimming pool. Be a good neighbor and find out where your property ends and theirs begins before starting a project that might infringe on their property.
How does a residential survey help buyers? If you’re thinking of buying property, you need a land survey to map what you're paying for—for various crucial reasons. Before buying, learn what a land survey is, why you need it, and how much it costs.
Find land surveyors in
land surveyors in Rye
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- 1st Equity Title & Closing Svcs538 Broadhollow Rd Ste 315
Melville, New York
- 1st Equity Title & Closing Svcs
- AM ENGINEERING PLLC244 5th Ave #
New York, New York
- American Environmental Assessment & Solutions, Inc679 Lafayette Ave
Brooklyn, New York
- AREK SURVEYING CO58 E BEVERLY PKWY
Valley Stream, New York
- AUTAR LAND SURVEYING, P.C.214-43 JAMAICA AVENUE
Queens Village, New York
- AM ENGINEERING PLLC
- Baby Bear Construction LLC18 Macculloch Avenue
Morristown, New Jersey
- Baby Bear Construction LLC
- DeRosa Land Surveyors301 FIELDS LN
Brewster, New York
- DeRosa Land Surveyors
- Energy Wise New York an Antonio Ciampa LLC Company60 Tunis ave
Bronxville, New York
- Energy Wise New York an Antonio Ciampa LLC Company
- Hudson Valley DronesPO Box 420
Gardiner, New York
- Hudson Valley Drones
- I Q LANDSCAPE ARCHITECTS31 Mamaroneck Ave FL 7
White Plains, New York
- I Q LANDSCAPE ARCHITECTS
- Jeffrey W. Donnellon LSPC347 East Searsville Road
Montgomert, New York
- Jeffrey W. Donnellon LSPC
- Olivos Property Perfection, Inc.260 Audubon ave Suite 7e
New York, New York
- Olivos Property Perfection, Inc.
- Scalice Land Surveying, P.C.1 S Bay Ave
Islip, New York
- SCANAPICO LANDSCAPING1151 AMERICA AVE
West Babylon, New York
- SHD LANDSCAPING CO. INC433 West st
Portchester, New York
- Steven Danzer PhD & Associates LLC16 Oxford Court
- Summit Land Surveying PC64 Virginia Ave
Dobbs Ferry, New York
- Scalice Land Surveying, P.C.
- Wicks Land Surveying417 Main Street
Center Moriches, New York
- Wicks Land Surveying
- YEZZI ASSOCIATES18 WASHINGTON ST
Toms River, New Jersey
- YEZZI ASSOCIATES
- Z Renovation Inc.92-09 172nd Street
Jamaica, New York
- Z Renovation Inc.