Advanced Surveying Llc

Founded 2009 • With Angi since January 2012

1 Katy Ln

Norwalk, CT 06851

Advanced Surveying LLC is provider of all types of land surveying services in Connecticut for both general public & commercial businesses, small and large.Advanced Surveying, LLC is located in Norwalk, serving also Westport, Weston, Easton,Fairfield, Wilton, Stamford, Darien, New Canaan & all of Connecticut. We provide: Boundary/Property Surveys, Staking Property Lines, Construction Surveying & Staking, Topographical & Site Surveys, As-Built Surveys, Elevation Certificates (see "Services" page for more services )...

03/04/2021

Joseph L.

We wanted to get an Elevation Certificate to determine whether we could remove our home from the required FEMA Flood Insurance map. Gregory responded immediately, and performed the work in a professional, pleasant manner. He explained how we could submit his Elevation Certificate to FEMA to request the LOMA, but we preferred for him to do it on our behalf. He prepared the materials, submitted them, and we received the hoped-for revision to the map, removing requirement for flood insurance. Definitely recommend him!

Description of Work
Elevation Certificate and FEMA Submission

08/03/2020

Diana P.

We just recently bought a home and wanted an accurate marking of our property so we could install a fence. After looking around for a few quotes, I came across Advanced Surveying, LLC. Gregory responded to my quote request within the hour. He clearly communicated the scope of services, different options, etc. Gregory remained responsive through all email communications during the planning, staking, and sketch completion of our project! He was so efficient (came out within a handful of days, project completed in about 2 weeks from quote request) and took the time to make sure we understood everything. It was truly a pleasure to work with him! I would highly recommend Gregory/Advanced Surveying to anyone in need of these services.

Description of Work
We needed to have our property surveyed and staked so we could properly determine our property line.

06/10/2020

PeterandKate D.

still in progress, but Gregory's level of service is impeccable - thorough, professional, and expedient.

Description of Work
A-2 property survey

06/02/2020

Wayne R.

I recently used Advanced Surveying for a unique survey project to clarify property lines between neighbors where specific boundaries were only generally guessed. Gregory Kogan provided effective and efficient communication to clearly define the scope and objective of the survey. He demonstrated careful diligence in the accuracy of all measurements including the location of a boundary stake a foot beneath the ground in an area well off from any of our ‘guesses’. My property is one acre residential, wooded, with wet-land areas, shared long driveway, and sections of heavy under-growth. The survey was rolled out smoothly, staking was visual with consideration to various obstacles, survey work schedule and expectations were discussed and communicated with no issues or misunderstanding. My expectations were met and everybody is happy.

Description of Work
Residential property survey

01/30/2020

Robert V.

I can see why Advanced Surveying /Gregory gets such amazing reviews. I left a message for Gregory to call me to discuss a proposed land project. My call was returned within 3 hours. He spent about 30 minutes on the phone with me trying understanding my project. After he asked a number of questions, and I shared the needs that I had, he explained that he would not be the right person for the job for various reasons. Even though he was not able to do the project, he still agreed to offer me guidance and put me in touch with another surveyor who he knew would also came highly recommended. He reviewed all my documents and then did a formal intro to the new surveyor that he was recommending over email. He went above and beyond for me, even though he knew he was not getting my business. I can only imagine how he treats his customers. Thanks very much for your help Gregory !

Description of Work
Advice of New Home Lot

01/14/2020

Betzi C.

Great experience! I did not know anything about surveys however I knew I needed one for the town to show my proposed project. Gregory responded to my inquiry almost immediately. He did an amazing job, staking and marking my property lines clearly and helping me with the building permit process, he is very professional, knowledgeable and went beyond what I asked him to do. I highly recommend Advanced Surveying, LLC

Description of Work
Land Surveying

12/21/2019

Jerry K.

Greg provided outstanding service start to finish. He was the shining star during our just completed major remodel. Always prompt, courteous, honest and professional he is someone you can trust. One would expect to pay a premium for this quality service; but his pricing was very competitive. Without hesitation I can recommend Advanced Surveying - you will not be disappointed.

Description of Work
Surveying Services

12/01/2019

Andres G.

If i could give an A+, Advanced Surveying LLC deserves it. I dealt with the owner, Greg throughout the surveying phases needed and it was delightful dealing with him. Greg was very professional in all aspects from scheduling, submission timeline, and coordination. He went above and beyond explaining the process and experience he's had with similar work, and with the Town of Greenwich where the service was provided. I highly recommend this company if there is any surveying work needed.

Description of Work
Surveying for new construction and existing lines

09/11/2019

Roberto U.

The first time I contracted Gregory’s service a few years back he was very professional, performed the work diligently and as promised. I did not hesitate to contract him again for an additional job. Gregory maintains his high degree of professionalism along with outstanding customer service – as he replied promptly both in writing and in a visit spending the necessary time to assure understanding to follow up questions after the completion of the work.

Description of Work
survey , staking

08/28/2019

Lisa D.

A total professional. Responded quickly to my inquiry and presented a fair quote. Educated me as to what his process entailed and kept me informed as he progressed. Completed the job as requested. Would use him again.

Description of Work
Stake property lines

10/30/2018

andrea B.

Gregory was fantastic! We did an addition and I was responsible for getting all the permits. Gregory was so patient with all of my questions and very knowledgeable. I highly recommend him!

Description of Work
Property survey for an addition

07/29/2018

Eve L.

Excellent company! Very professional. Would recommend and use again.

Description of Work
Staking property and making map

11/29/2017

Bob W.

Gregory is extremely professional with great attention to detail. He took considerable time to answer all my questions. Work was done promptly and he kept me advised through each step of the process. The final map was like a work of art with meticulous detail. Would definitely hire again and would highly recommend him to others.

Description of Work
Prepare zoning location survey map

11/08/2017

Leslynn J.

Gregory is the BEST! He is very customer service and detail orientated. We had several questions via email and phone (both before and after we hired Gregory), and were amazed at how quickly he responds. Gregory is very meticulous and takes great pride in his work, and definitely aims to please his customers. It all showed throughout our initial contact and project completion. We will not hesitate to recommend Gregory's services as he delivers A+ quality workmanship at a very reasonable price.

Description of Work
Zoning location land survey with property stake out and map.

09/23/2017

Alexander S.

Gregory did a great job. I would highly recommend him for your surveying needs. We have a large dog and he always gave us notice when he was coming to the property to do the work. This was a challenging job and he completed it above our expectations. Upon completion of the work he spent as much time needed to explain everything. I would certainly hirer him again and am happy to make a positive recommendation.

Description of Work
Property lines surveyed and staked.

06/19/2017

Christopher L.

The service and product are excellent. Gregory helped us meet a tight deadline and did an extraordinary job.

Description of Work
Had a complete survey of our property with stakes put down and a map created

06/06/2017

Shoshana L.

Gregory was responsive and timely. His pricing was materially less than the quote we received from another larger competitor. He provided us with a number of copies of the embossed survey maps so we can use them as needed. He completed the project within the expected time frame and kept us up to date as the project progressed. I would definitely recommend Advanced Surveying LLC.

Description of Work
Survey map and staking of property lines for a new home.

03/28/2017

Christopher S.

Last October, I retained Advance Surveying. I needed a survey for a building permit and variance for a new deck. I dealt with Gregory Kogan, the owner of Advance Surveying. Working with him was a pleasure. Moreover, he was a consummate professional. Of the several surveying companies that I contacted, Advanced Surveying was the most prompt in replying to my inquiry, reasonably priced, and immediately available (within two weeks). Indeed, some of the larger survey companies in the Greenwich/Stamford area failed to return my calls, quoted prices significantly higher, or were unavailable for 4-6 weeks. Shortly after I retained Advanced Surveying, Gregory called to let me know that he was actually able to start my project sooner than I had expected, which I appreciated. While Gregory was at my home, he explained the surveying process in detail, and answered my many questions patiently. He also did the survey quickly and without any inconvenience to us or the neighbors. In fact, he spoke to the occupants/owners of the surrounding properties to let them know he was conducting a land survey. Within a few days of the survey's completion, Gregory provided drafts for my review. He followed-up with a call and emails to ensure that they were what I needed, and he provided advice on the town's application process for a variance. With Gregory's support, I successfully obtained the building permit and variance. I would highly recommend him.

Description of Work
Survey property in order to obtain permit for new deck.

01/18/2017

allen K.

Highly profession, conscientious completion of onsite work, using what is apparently the most up-to-date surveying equipment, enhancing the accuracy and efficiency of the work done for us. Moreover, sent draft drawings and incorporated changes as requested. Delivered final product in very timely fashion. Would not hesitate to use this survey company again as the need arises.

Description of Work
Provided a surveyor drawing of proposed room addition, relocated deck in relation to wetlands boundry.

06/02/2016

Noriaki M.

Gregory completed the job very quickly. He is a real professional. I contacted two other surveyors who were recommended by a realtor before contacting him. Other surveyors were slow and I had to wait for at least two days to get a call back after I left a voice message. And I had to wait another two days to get estimates. I was so frustrated about the slowness. I found Gregory's name on Angie's list. I called him and left a voice message. After 30 minutes, I received a return call from him even he was middle of field work. I could communicate with him by texting and email, and I got an estimate from him in two hours. His estimate was most competitive. He finished the job before the scheduled day as he promised even though it was over the memorial day weekend. Also he did walk through and made a detailed explanation to me when he gave me the survey. He is very knowledgable to zoning regulations. I definitely recommend him and I will ask him in the future if I need another survey.

Description of Work
Zoning location survey.

03/29/2016

Aileen E.

Gregory went above and beyond. We were very impressed with his attention to detail as were our neighbors. He is very knowledgeable and a pleasure to work with. He delivered his services ahead of schedule and was very prompt to answer any questions we had.

Description of Work
Survey Map and staking property lines.

02/13/2016

Edward M.

Gregory lives up to the positive recommendations here. He goes above and beyond the job, answering general questions about the situation. Example: He performed the work for an elevation certificate on my property. He was open to answering questions about the LOMA certificate. Most surveying companies will say the LOMA application has a fee attached (hundreds). Gregory told me strait out that it is an easy application that can be done by the homeowner, which it is. He is honest and not to mention incredibly responsive.

Description of Work
Elevation certificate

02/11/2016

Brian D.

Gregory is an excellent and attentive businessman with an obvious commitment to performing his service at a top level. This experience was excellent for us and his knowledge was very helpful. All work was done quickly. I appreciate this level of service!

Description of Work
Boundary stake out and elevation certificate

01/08/2016

Chetanprakash H.

Outstanding service. Very punctual, delivered the survey on time for a rushed service. Gregory is man of his word. Very very impressive. You want A2 survey done for construction or fencing... look nowhere else. Gregory is the goto person for this.

Description of Work
A2 Survey for our property

11/19/2015

Don P.

How does one go about writing a rave review? In the beginning, Gregory Kogan was quick to respond to our request for an estimate for the surveying work we needed to have done. His quote for the job was very acceptable and he proceeded in short order. During the process, he was very helpful in guiding us with respect to siting and installing an electrical generator and propane tanks, especially given the problem of having wetlands on the property. I think the readers of this review can form a good idea of the kind of service Gregory Kogan provided us if I relate what happened at the end of the job. At 9:45 in the evening I sent Gregory an email requesting a couple of minor changes which would finish the work and let him produced the final survey. I wrote "At this time, I don't see how I could get the application in by Friday morning unless you could get the plans to me by tomorrow (a Thursday) afternoon. I realize you have other work to do, so I will have to be content with getting something from you by mid-day Sunday at the latest. If it will help, I will be happy to pick up the plans from your office and save you a trip over here. Just let me know." Folks, when I went to get the paper the next morning, the completed plans were in my paper box! It does not get any better than that!

Description of Work
Advanced Surveying performed a complete survey of our property and included the "flags" marking wetlands as performed by a soils scientist. Proposed placing of an electrical generator and accompanying propane tanks were also included on the survey map.

LSX.0070112
    Connecticut
    Department of Consumer Protection
    01/31/2017
    PayPal, Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover

Boundary & Property Surveys, Staking Property Lines, Construction Surveying & Staking,Topographical & Site Surveys, Elevation Certificates