The cost to install or replace a liner depends on the height & diameter of your flue, how many units are connected to it, the material you choose & insulation.
Get matched with top chimney cap repairs in Hamden, NY
There are 2 highly-rated local chimney cap repairs.
Recent Chimney Cap Repair Reviews in Hamden
- Pond Roofing Co IncThey were here all day. They were very thorough. They have a good attention to detail. It did take a long time from the time we called them for them to actually come and do the work, but the roof hasn’t leaked since.
- Wheeler & Son's LLCWe first hired this "company" in February 2021 for some smaller projects: trimming windows, installing wainscoting, and then a complete bathroom remodel. It took him over 2 months to do the bathroom, and he chipped the enamel in the new tub, did a sloppy job with trim work and drywall, and cut into the floor tile when installing the register cover. We paid him, and asked him to finish some of the little things, like attaching the electrical outlets, and he would say "Oh yeah, I'm sorry. I'll do that next time." He never finished them completely, and we just discovered in August since he only duct taped the shower head and tub spout to the wall and my husband was sick of it wiggling, that he never sealed up under the plumbing. We could see daylight because it was open to the slab below. In April, before the bathroom project was completed, we hired him for a large garage and mudroom construction project, along with a new furnace and central air. He prepared a contract which outlined arbitrary draws throughout the project. He claimed this was so he had money to purchase materials for the next phase. We were told the project would be done by 7/4, permits were not issued until 7/15 even though Brandon said he ordered them in May. It wasn't until AFTER I called the code office on 7/9 to verify and then called Brandon out on it, that after making an excuse, he finally submitted the paperwork. It was about this time that he told my husband and I more than once that all of the materials were in and sitting in storage with the building supply company. He said he didn't want to get them delivered and have them rained on. He would not show up for weeks at a time, and then come and work for a couple of hours, sometimes for one day, sometimes for 2 or 3. Never did he put in a full days work for any stretch of time. In mid-August he emailed us to say he would not finish the job. He admits to owing us a refund, which he has not provided. He claims materials have been ordered and paid for, but the business does not have record of payment. We paid him over $20,000 in advance for certain stages of the garage project, in accordance with his terms, but he did not hold up his end of the contract. We had to hire someone else to do it. Materials are now more expensive, and some of what he did was not right and needs to be redone. It's very unfortunate since he seemed like such a nice guy read less
- SOLID ROCK MASONRYWhen my boss told me he had no luck finding anyone to inspect and correct the foundation issues on his older home, my 20 years experience working for a structural engineer in another state told me that my boss needed to find a contractor that basically no longer existed. What he needed was someone with the intelligence, ingenuity and integrity to do the job right: to save his home from imminent physical demise stemming from foundation issues by restoring structural integrity to a home which unaided was sure to collapse soon. What he wanted was a contractor to do the job - a dirty and physically demanding job - requiring load calculations encompassing more than average complexity to correct the weight bearing deficiencies of the original construction, in hot working conditions of less than 2 feet in places within which to maneuver oneself, heavy cement and wooden beams. What he hoped for was a reasonable price on the mammoth undertaking to save his home from imminent, if not immediate, demise. What he got far exceeded all my expectations. Lee Krom, the owner and operator of Solid Rock Masonry documented and delivered his remediation presentation via pictures of the existing structure, explained the outline of the remediation process for the job as stated in the contract and executed the task while documenting the remediation via pictures! He was clear and concise and easy to understand for both the more experienced homeowner as well as the novice. Beyond saving the home from foundation issues he solved a related retaining wall and water issue exasperated by gutter run off on one level and the water table as the wall descends into the basement from outside. When the gutter contractor dropped the ball, Mr Krom personally took steps until the outside stair basin at basement level is bone dry after torrential rains!!!! He replaced a badly needed chimney which an apparently dishonest “contractor” told my boss was in excellent shape because upon in fact he found that it really did have a hole in it that a cat could climb through! Mr Krom himself built my boss a new chimney and took the time to get some special brick to make the badly need chimney as charming as the house. HE DID NOT CHARGE FOR THE SPECIAL BRICKS AS WELL AS COUNTLESS OTHER THINGS. He could not have been more thoughtful. He also completed a demolition an regrading project and installed a slab for the screen house. When my boss could not round up enough hands to erect the screen house the owner of the company, Lee Krom sent his crew over on a Saturday to make it happen! My boss cannot say enough about this man and his company and it is readily apparent why. Mr Krom of Solid Rock Masonry possesses the education, tenacity and compassion that every home and business owner dreams of. The prices are heavenly while the crew was a pleasure to have around, The finished job(s) - beautiful! I have never worked with a more compassionate contractor!!! One would be foolish not to contact him read less
- Tri County Chimney BuildersI went great. I received estimates from 4 different companies. Tri County's estimate was at least $1600 lower than everyone elses for exactly the same work. The owner Frank and two of his guys came on the saturday of a holiday weekend and performed the entire job in 7.5 hours. They removed and rebuilt my furnace chimney from the roof-line, up and also installed a stainless liner to the basement. The chimney looks fantastic! I'm completely satisfied with the work, the price and the guys were courteous professioanl and very tidy read less
- Massena ChimneyMy husband and I had been looking for someone to take a look at our chimney, which wasn't drawing and needed some attention--cleaning etc... We had asked around and had a name ofone other person in our area who did this but we never got a call back from them so I was happy to find Massena Chimney listed on Angie's List. Merle returned our call the same day and was able to come out the next day. He was friendly, professional,competent and knowledgable. My husband and I were very impressed with him and would recommend him enthusiastically read less
- Top To Bottom Chimney Cleaners IncThis work was completed in the home of my 83 year old mother. The work was completed on time and Don and Steve were polite when interacting with my mother. They answered all of her questions and were respectful. They cleaned up after themselves. I highly recommend them.
- Top Hat Chimney SweepsThey provided a detailed estimate. Gave me an estimated time frame the work would be done and then called me when that time approached to let me know the exact day. Very professional. Had no trouble communicating with them - patient and easy to talk to - willing to explain. Gave me references immediately. Provided insurance information very quickly. They took care of the paper work I wanted. I had a liner put into the chimney that services the heating system and hot water heater. They provided a quality liner, insulated it and placed a rectangular cap in the chimney. They connected the heater/hot water exhaust pipes to the liner and completed the masonry work at the place the connection was made. They tested the heating system. They cleaned everything up and provided the warranty information I needed. They had enough help at the right times so that everything went smoothly and efficiently. They have a good interaction with each other and no profanity. Though not the lowest bid I had, they had the best quality product and made sure all the "i"s were dotted and the "t"s crossed. I would highly recommend them read less
- CLEAN SWEEP CHIMNEY & STOVEThey did the work in one day and it was perfect and they cleaned it up and have had no problems.
- SCOTT PAWLEYI have used him twice in this past month. He did some repairs at my current home and the estimate for my new home. I found him in the yellow pages. I then checked Angie's list and he was highly rated. He seems knowledgeable, dependable and seems to do good work His prices seem reasonable.
- Bayside Chimney & StoveFor each job, whether cleaning, installing the cap, or relining the chimney, Duane explained what needed to be done, what our options were, how much each option would cost, and told us the pros and cons of each option. Duane always shows up as scheduled, he is easily reachable by phone and/or email, and is always pleasant and professional to deal with. He is honest and up front about everything, and we have been completely satisfied with every job he has done at our house read less
Chimney Cap Contractors in Hamden
- Business Description:Astar Heating & A/C Inc is a customer focused heating and air conditioning company that was originally started in 1976. Located in Middletown, NY, we employ highly trained people whose goal is to make our company the best service company in Orange County New York. Our company specializes in designing, engineering, and installing complete comfort systems for owners of existing homes and buildings just like yours. We take special pride in the craftsmen we train and employ a fact you'll notice i.. read lessRecent Review:Very glad I did it. I need a new furnace. There's a lot wrong with it. Found out it's almost 15 years old and could die during winter. The tech will get me prices on different ones and will go from there.Cindy O.
- Business Description:Classic Copper Works uses time honored German copper smith techniques handed down from father to son and passed on to our highly skilled artisans. We specialize in the fabrication of custom copper & bronze products and other metal specialties. WE DO NOT OFFER REPAIR SERVICES OF ANY KIND. Additional phone number - (888) 908-5339 read lessRecent Review:They was out of state and was not able to do work. Could not find someone in my area.L S.
- Business Description:Owned & operated.Recent Review:James started and finished the work within 16 days, within the framework he quoted. He did meticulous work, efficient and worked with inspector to code.Rick M.
- Business Description:General Contracting
- Business Description:Mikalunas Builders LLC
- Business Description:We are a family owned and operated business , That have the right skilled professionals to get all you your contractor needs accomplished !! We have teams in multiple areas and we do use some subcontractors .. We do offer some payment options , we to offer promotions and discounts ! read less
- Business Description:We are a residential and commercial construction company. We build, design and engineer new construction projects as well as provide demolition, renovation, restoration, remodeling and servicing services.Recent Review:original projects went well- not perfect but acceptable- minor issues included sections missed when painting, railing in back not stable. <br /> reasonable satisfaction and good price led to more projects- the drywall was okay- minor issues- baseboards not removed so imperfect transition of drywall to baseboard including overhang of drywall. drywall has developed seams showing through. <br /> bathroom remodel went okay- however a few months later- discover/realized that latex sealer?caulk was used allowing water to escape from shower into adjacent areas to develop mold. also discovered i am allergic to mold. <br /> snow blockers/diverters came off from snow the following winter. <br /> The crew was nice but many were clearly not experienced. radio was quite loud at times. behind my shed was used as a toilet- i was advised by my neighbor that a man had been peeing back there. crew was critical of employer at times. <br /> when billed (over phone) for the last of the work some time later after the snow diverters came off the roof and the mold discovered- i advised i would not pay. <br /> did not hear anything for somewhere around a year when i received a written bill, the next day or two i received a collections bill- i advised the above and have heard no more. <br / read lessgrace h.
- Business Description:Free estimates fully insured and licensed "no job too big or small" 24 hour service references available
- Business Description:I charge a flat rate for all jobs. I will work with most situations.
- Business Description:We will build your dream home from the foundation to the roof.We specialize in custom masonry, USA Metal Roofing, log siding,and even log homes that are built in Europe and shipped to the US. Roofing Contractor, Deck Builde read less
Explore our Solution Center for helpful chimney cap contractor articles
When noisy birds, pesky squirrels or even bats take up residence in your chimney, one highly rated provider explains what you can do to get them out.
Cold weather has already moved into Chicago. Before you light that first fire of the year make sure to have your chimney cleaned and inspected.
Find chimney cap repairs in
chimney cap repairs in Hamden
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- Astar Heating & Air Conditioning Inc36 Wes Warren Dr
Middletown, New York
- Astar Heating & Air Conditioning Inc
- Hudson Valley Renovations184 Smithtown rd
Fishkill, New York
- Hudson Valley Renovations
- Mikalunas Builders LLC7553 State Highway 12
Sherburne, New York
- Mikalunas Builders LLC
- Preserve A Stone Masonry Restoration11022 Bowen Rd
Attica, New York
- Preserve A Stone Masonry Restoration
- Sarna Construction165 Black Forest Road
Glen Spey, New York
- Sarna Construction