Building a new home can be a money suck. But if you’re on a budget, you can still build your dream home with these tips to save money when building a house.
Get matched with top home builders in Elmira, NY
There are 5 highly-rated local home builders.
Recent Home Builder Reviews in Elmira
- Lord Glassworks and General ContractingMr. Loweth did **** of a great job. He was very professional, kept me informed of the progress, consulted me whenever decisions needed to be made, provided valuable advice, and carried out the work in the best possible way. Being a fantastic artist in another life, he had a sharp eye for detecting problems and creative ways for solving them. I found him to be extremely hardworking and he had great work ethics. The awesome part of having him do all these things was that he ended up doing far more than he had promised. I wasn't expecting all the things that he did to make my deck and porch look fantastic. In addition, he even fixed things that he saw needed small repairs without me even asking him to fix them at no extra charge. He paid attention to details and aesthetics. His work was of excellent quality. He is easily the best professional I have employed at my house. I highly recommend him. Super guy!!
- Crown Construction IncThe design and construction went very well. We were very pleased with the result. Crown Construction has done many projects for us over the years and we are always satisfied with their workmanship.
- Keuka Construction CorpThe retaining wall turned out great. Looked good and will probably last forever. They added a safety fencing to it that I didn't even think about so my kids didn't fall through it. It's built like a battleship. I would hire them again and have recommended them to others.
- DRAKE CONSTRUCTIONIt was a nice experience overall. We have flower all the way around,the house and not one was damaged, instead they carried a lot of the shingles in the back if the house. They also made double sure that they picked up any nails or staples that may have fallen to the ground. Bob Drake Const. did a beautiful job and should be commended for it
- Hopgart Construction LLCWe were staying with my (wonderful) mother in law while the work proceeded and were anxious to avoid delays. After the project had begun, we approached Peter Sedlak (contractor) and added a lot of additional work including the excavation of an old walkway and the construction of an elaborate dry laid stone walkway with steps. Peter and his crew were at the site every day and were friendly and professional. Their work was perfect and believe it or not, despite the extra work, the job was completed ahead of schedule. I wouldn't consider anyone else for home construction or remodeling
- IQS CONSTRUCTIONI was very pleased with the estimate from Jim Yarbrough (owner) - it was full of detail (he asked questions to be sure he was giving me what I wanted) and much less expensive than a similar quote (with much less detail) from another contractor. The work they did was fantastic - solid, professional quality - and the extra touches are really nice. For instance, Jim found some copper caps for the posts that matched the solar lights I already had in other areas. He also made some really nice railings, took the time to sand down the edges of the deck planks to give them a nice finished look, and he raked the soil back in around the sidewalk after the concrete set. The project took a bit longer than I'd hoped - there was a break in the middle where Jim got caught up in other stuff - but I was more than satisfied with the apology he gave me, and the quality of his work is so high that I would absolutely hire him again
- Hammond Jon BuilderHe built our house and has been available for any modifications, home repairs (very few needed because of excellent work that lasts), consultation on questions, etc. Recommend without reservation.
- Travers ConstructionI was planning to use Wood-Tec company, when a neighbor suggested Rich. I got an estimate, and Rich gave me an estimate for a much better product that was within 1% of wood-tec's cost estimate. Rich made some suggestions for me (make walls 2x6 and space rafters right so it would be easier for me to insulate later) that I really appreciated. Rich worked with the local excavation guy to make sure the job was done right for me. He started a couple of weeks later than I had hoped, but he stuck with the job once he started. We waited a couple of weeks to complete past his estimate because of problems his supplier had getting all the metal roofing and insulated overhead door parts, which is quite understandable. When the inspector wanted hurricane clips on the rafters and I wanted a lockable knobs on the overhead doors, Rich didn't balk at all, but added these extras at no charge, completing them after he was paid. I trust Rich- very honest, professional and capable
- Keuka Construction CorpKeuka was fantastic to work with. We had a very, very difficult time finding anyone who was willing to tackle our window replacement job. We ordered the windows from Corning Building Company (CBC), who doesn't install them, so we had to find a separate business to handle the install. We went through several, who either balked at taking the job or gave us an exorbitantly high quote ($30,000) so they would be assured of not getting the job. The problem they didn't want to tackle was that the walls and windows of our house, circa 1914, are full of lead. With the new lead abatement rules, carpenters informed us that it wouldn't be cost effective for them to take the job. We went back to CBC and explained our predicament, and they assured us they'd find someone willing to install. They introduced us to Keuka, and we were very grateful. Working with Keuka and Mike Hogue was a pleasure. They assured us that by taking the windows out from the outside, next to no lead exposure would occur within the home, and they would ensure that all was done safely and within the guidelines. I wanted to donate the old windows to Significant Elements in Ithaca, so they made sure to save all the windows and put them aside for me. They did a great job with that, and not a single window was broken, and all relevant parts were retained. This job took about two weeks. All the workers checked in with us regularly, showed up at the times we'd discussed, cleaned up so the house and yard were immaculate each day, and were a pleasure to interact with when we were home. They were trustworthy and did quality work. Although some of the parts for the windows didn't arrive on time or weren't correct (a problem on the manufacturer's end, which was quickly and efficiently dealt with by CBC), and that required Keuka to come back twice (1 month after install and then, again, three months after install) to install the last few pieces of hardware and the screens, they did so without complaining and completed the work quickly and efficiently. Keuka communicated with us many times along the way, and we were thoroughly impressed with their work and their organization. We asked them to work for us again the next year because we were so pleased. We recommend them without hesitation
- Hopgart Construction LLCIf you are looking for someone who stands by his work and keeps his commitments, hire Peter Sedlak and his crew at Hopgart Construction.
House Builders in Elmira
- Business Description:With over 17 years of experience we pride ourselves on our high quality work and customer satisfaction guarantee! We Specialize in Interior or Exterior home Renovations, Including Bathroom and kitchen remodeling, garages and more! *Call us today for a FREE estimateRecent Review:It was excellent. They were super friendly, professional, and knowledgeable. They have good ideas for doing things better.Gina E.
- Business Description:We are a local family Owned and Operated business looking to fulfill all our customers needs.Recent Review:TLR contracting & Lawn care did a amazing job on my fence. They were their on time and ready to roll everyday!! Tyler was very understanding and met my expectations to the T. I would recommend TLR contracting and lawn care to anyone. I have gotten alot of complements on my fence already, I absolutely love the job they did. If I need anyother work done i will have themShelby B.
- Business Description:We do not manufacture windows or doors for homes nor do we use Insulated glass. Strafford Window Mfg. manufacturers custom wood windows for barns, sheds, stables, pool houses, cabin, porches and interior applications in the home. Our windows are made of all wood and single strength glass. Call for pricing on Tempered glass. Strafford Window MFG. manufactures Sashes, Transoms, Single Hung Window Units, Hopper Window Units, Fixed Window Units and ScreensRecent Review:These windows are solid, well built and look great. I will be ordering more for my house.Don P.
- Business Description:Norb Miller General Contractor of Dundee, NY specializes in remodeling services for over 30 years. We have an exceptional reputation in the Finger Lakes Region for exceeding our customers' expectations. From kitchen additions, bathroom additions, remodeling and basement conversions to windows and siding, we are here to see your vision to a beautiful end result. Our fully insured company also helps in guiding and overseeing our valued customers' design process. When you want quality and afford..Recent Review:Norb quoted $500.00 to install a new kitchen sink. Then he has an “employee” call saying cost has gone up to $650.00 Would not recommend this company to anyone for anythingMario R.
- Business Description:24hr emergency Service, board up from fire and wind damage, basement and attic cleanouts, also apartment cleanouts, fire damage cleanups, water damage cleanups, home and office cleanups, rough and finished carpentry, all phases of sheet rock and taping, all phases of priming in painting interior and exterior, flat roofs and shingles repairs and replacing, gutter repairs and replacements, residential and commercial door repairs and replacements with servicing, window replacements and capping, ..Recent Review:Mr. Loweth did **** of a great job. He was very professional, kept me informed of the progress, consulted me whenever decisions needed to be made, provided valuable advice, and carried out the work in the best possible way. Being a fantastic artist in another life, he had a sharp eye for detecting problems and creative ways for solving them. I found him to be extremely hardworking and he had great work ethics. The awesome part of having him do all these things was that he ended up doing far more than he had promised. I wasn't expecting all the things that he did to make my deck and porch look fantastic. In addition, he even fixed things that he saw needed small repairs without me even asking him to fix them at no extra charge. He paid attention to details and aesthetics. His work was of excellent quality. He is easily the best professional I have employed at my house. I highly recommend him. Super guy!!Farhan R.
- Recent Review:Owners are very punctual, efficient and friendly people. They did a great job decent price. I spoke with the wife she was great person to work with ! They showed up on schedule. Will use again in the future.Ashley C.
- Business Description:NVR, Inc. operates in two business segments: homebuilding and mortgage banking. The homebuilding unit sells and constructs homes under the Ryan Homes, NVHomes, Fox Ridge Homes and Heartland Homes. As a corporate entity, NVR, Inc. provides various support functions for each of its sub-entities. These include sales and marketing support, vital human resource specialists, and an advanced information technology department, which provide a network of resources utilized by NVR, Inc. holdingsRecent Review:The customer service is poor, and they lack follow through. Our garage door does not work properly and sounds like it's going to fall. In every inch of the sod, the grass is dead. I wish we had chosen a different builderChristian R.
- Business Description:To provide quality construction services with honesty, responsibility and integrity performed in a safe environment by skilled craftsmen in a manner exceeding customer expectations. Additional email- info@KeukaConstruction.comRecent Review:They stopped work part way through the project by no fault of my own. My new contractor told me he would have to go back and do things differently from what they did, to do the project right. He explained in detail why what they did was not the way he would have done things in order to do the project correctly. The code enforcement is coming tomorrow to see if Keuka did the LVLs correctly as my contractor thinks they weren't. Robert the owners son was a great salesman, to bad I had to learn the hard way that I never should have hired themKyle H.
- Business Description:fully insured, 14 skilled carpenters and roofers, licensed autocad draftingRecent Review:Excellent job on replacing roof on 100+ year old home. Conscientious and dependable. Follows through on projects and makes sure customer is happy. Would gladly use them again.Bennett H.
- Business Description:ETR Laboratories in an analytic laboratory with a broad range of commercial, industrial and individual clients. We provide analytic services using a wide variety of scientific methods including GC/MS, IC/MS, GIR, NMR and SEM equipment. We can do particle analysis, organic and inorganic chemical analysis and micro analysis on biological and other materials. Private water analysis is our specialty. Award winning. Additional DBA - Environmental Testing & Research Laboratories Inc, ETR Labs, ETR ..Recent Review:The whole process was easy. ETR were quickly responsive to questions. Professionally discussed in related terms test results over the phone. Highly recommend!Kevin F.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful home builder articles
If you’re a fan of the Victorian era, a Queen Anne home may be perfect for you. Learn more about Queen Anne’s romantic, revival architecture and how to incorporate key pieces into your home for a regal and unique decor style.
Building a new home is thrilling for sure, but don’t let avoidable mistakes get in the way of hosting the perfect housewarming party. Learn about common mistakes owners make during the entire building process so you can look forward to move-in day.
Find home builders in
- Pine City
- Elmira Heights
- Big Flats
- Van Etten
- Painted Post
- Columbia Cross Roads
- South Waverly
- Beaver Dams
- Montour Falls
- Watkins Glen
home builders in Elmira
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- 1treehouse3204 Twinberry Cv
- Eco Electrical Contractors LLC829 Ringwood Rd
Ithaca, New York
- Eco-Built Custom Homes179 Graham Rd
Ithaca, New York
- Environmental Testing & Research Laboratories, Inc60 Elm Hill Ave. Suite 1
- Erickson Building & Design9340 County Rd 142
Interlaken, New York
- Eco Electrical Contractors LLC
- Independent Installations11 Tioga Street
Waverly, New York
- Independent Installations
- Moravec Construction Service2632 N Triphammer Rd.
Ithaca, New York
- Moravec Construction Service
- PATYKULA'S GENERAL CONTRACTING424 PHOENIX AVE
Elmira, New York
- PATYKULA'S GENERAL CONTRACTING
- SAVERCOOL & SONS CONTRACTING243 DESMOND ST
- SB Construction56 Bert Little Rd
Lowman, New York
- Severance Construction38 Forest Rd
Massena, New York
- Slavin Construction2366 Corning Rd
Elmira, New York
- Snap Construction, Llc7894 Springfield Rd
- Strafford Window Manufacturing, Inc.168 Roller Coaster Road
Strafford, New Hampshire
- Swann Construction
Angelica, New York
- SAVERCOOL & SONS CONTRACTING
- Unlimited Development Property Improvement245 Flint Ave 101
Corning, New York
- Unlimited Development Property Improvement