Moisture issues in your basement can lead to major problems with your home and your health. This guide will go over both interior and exterior waterproofing methods to help you determine the best solution for your home.
Get matched with top waterproofing contractors in Taos, NM
There are 0 highly-rated local waterproofing contractors.
Recent Basement Waterproofing Reviews in Taos
- Cleaning And Restoration ExpertsWe had a little trouble with the service but overall they were pretty good. I originally called them to ask if they could do everything from start to finish. I asked if they could re do the floors and the bathroom. They said they could do it but it turned out they did not have the proper license or permits to get that job completed. I was frustrated because I wish they would have told me this up front. As opposed to doing the work and then later telling me they could not do the work. I was across the country at the time and I had to go through the process again of finding a provider for that particular project. I could have started looking for someone a lot sooner. However, they did a good job and the price was right. Everything went pretty smoothly
Basement Waterproofers in Taos
- Business Description:Paul Davis Restoration of Northern New Mexico is part of a national franchise organization that provides services to repair damage and cleanup to residential, institutional and commercial properties from storm, water, mold, fire or other disasters. We also focus in remodeling kitchens, bathrooms, new additions. Founded in 1966, Paul Davis is a rapidly growing network of more than 300 independently owned and operated franchises. History of Innovation Paul Davis has helped shape the property..Recent Review:badly. Did not live up to their promise to remodle home as was prior to fire. Did not complete or in some instances install doors, medicine cabinets, door bell, vanity, etc. Over billed ins. co, had me pay for alot of the workYolanda C.
- Business Description:I am a self-taught artist, initially drawn to experiment with pastels and colored pencil, and now working with acrylic on canvas. My art speaks for itself.Recent Review:Good job, reasonable given the cost. My only complaint was less than meticulous clean up of the siding debris. <br />Wanda H.
- Business Description:Advance Concept Group is your one stop shop for contractor services. We will get your project done on time and on budget. We have designers, engineers, and craftsmen and we are self-performing – no subcontractors and no hassles. We pass the savings on to you. We do projects of all sizes, from changing light bulbs and fixing cabinet drawers to complete building demolition and new construction! We are licensed in construction, plumbing, mechanical and electrical – we do it all. And we are bond..Recent Review:<p>One word for this contractor...unprofessional. I purchased a deal through Angie's list for 4 hours of electrical work for $149.00 based on their reviews on Angie’s List. I contacted the company prior to the purchase to confirm if they would be able to perform the work I needed. The person I spoke to was Kurt Bowker, the owner. I sent him an email detailing the work I needed performed. Below is the exact text of the email I sent him.</p> <p><em>“</em><em> On your Angie's list special, would 4 hours be enough time to install 3 ceiling fan braces and one exterior security light? For the fans, there are light boxes there now and I've purchased the braces that get installed between the ceiling joists. For the security light, I have an external conduit at the roof line feeding other outlets and lights on the exterior of the house, I was hoping to tap off of that for the additional light, I've already purchased the new light, box and wiring for that. “</em></p> <p>Here is his exact response:</p> <p><em>“A couple of questions</em></p> <p><em>1. Is the drywall open to install the ceiling all braces or did you get the remodel braces?</em></p> <p><em>2. The security light is going to be installed how far away from the end of the current conduit? Is it flex conduit or rigid?</em></p> <p><em>Depending on how far we would need to run the conduit the 4 hours might be a little on the light side but would not be more than an 1 hour more I think.”</em></p> The conduit he referred to in his question did not have to be run at all. The electricians simply opened the existing junction box and installed the light in its location. <br /> <br /> <br /> <br /> <p>So here is what happened. Mr. Bowker sent two gentlemen to my home, they arrived 30 minutes late. They each started in different locations. The first one did the outside security light and that took about 30 minutes. The other started taking down the ceiling fan in the living room. By the time he got it down the first gentlemen came in from outside to help. In this room they discovered that the box was already attached to a stud and they said it just needed a screw added on the other side to make it more stable. They added three screws and reinstalled the fan. They went on to the master bedroom and removed the fan, added the brace and put the fan back up. At this point they had been there for just over one hour.</p> <p>My thoughts at this point were that they should have no issue completing the last fan within the 50 minutes remaining. Boy was I wrong. They took the fan down and started to install the brace. At this point they damaged the drywall in the ceiling leaving a big hole. While I understand that accidents happen I offered to purchase a medallion to cover the hole if they would deduct the cost to which they agreed. I felt this was a fair compromise. So I proceeded to leave and make the purchase. What I didn’t realize was that they were charging me to sit there and wait, which is ridiculous as the delay was due to their damage. When I got back they started to replace the fan and while one gentleman sat there trying to figure out how to rewire it the other just watched. When they left they told me that the owner would get in touch with me regarding what had happened.</p> <p>On December 17th I received an invoice for $655.38. I was shocked. They billed me for an additional 8 hours at $76.57 per hour. I contacted him right way by email questioning the excessive amount. Then I followed up with a phone call when I didn’t get a response. When I spoke to Kurt he apologized and said that he had incorrectly billed me and not to worry about it. </p> <p>On May 6, 2014 a year and a half later he sent me an invoice for $484.18 where he took off $20.00 for the medallion and two hours of labor at $70.00 per hour.</p> I explained to him that he had billed me in error and that this was resolved a year and a half ago and he is now threatening me with legal action. <br /> <br /> <p><br /></p> <p>To top it all off, the first ceiling fan in the living room that they claimed to have secured dropped out of the ceiling. I had a qualified electrician come out and he stated that the screws used by Advance Concept Group were too short and that I’m lucky this fan didn’t fall on my head!</p> <p>I would never use this contractor again, nor would I recommend them to anyone. They claimed they were sending two journeyman electricians, but it is clear from what I observed that these men lacked training and had difficulty wiring a simple ceiling fan.</p> <br /Gwendolyn G.
- Business Description:Casa De Colores Painting and Repairs Inc. All phases of interior and exterior painting and special coatings We repair Stucco and Drywall, faux painting We have spring and summer specials going on right now book early to get a free estimatRecent Review:He said he would come by every year to check on the work. He never came. The work came with a 20 year guarantee but 6 months after he did the work the paint started cracking. I tried to call him to look at it and he wouldn't answer his phone. It took me almost 2 months to get a hold of him. He also did the coating on our roof and two years later it is peeling off as well because he didn't put a primer on it.mike S.
- Business Description:Our mission at Hampton Enterprise LLC is to provide clients with superior customer service, quality work and speedy service in all aspects of their home improvement needs. Licensed, insured and trusted since 1989; come discover the Hampton difference today! We specialize in the installation and repair of Windows, Doors, Flooring, Sinks, Bathtubs, Showers, Sprinkler Systems and much more. We also offer Interior and Exterior Home Painting, Custom Welding Fabrication and Carpentry.Localy in you..Recent Review:Showed up and did not fix or repair any work that was needed. Just covered up with tiles. left in the middle of the job and never returned. Never returned emails or phone calls.mando c.
- Business Description:Owner Rick Wilson has been in the polyurethane foam insulation business since 1981 when he was part of the first company to do this business in New Mexico. He has over 32 years of experience in all aspects of the business and is a hands on owner. Free consultation and estimates
- Business Description:The company was organized in July 1987 by its Founder/CEO Thomas L. VanDyk. We know you have many choices when shopping for a mortgage lender. We are proud of our Company and staff and will strive to deliver you great service at a great rate ! We would appreciate the opportunity to earn your business
Explore our Solution Center for helpful basement waterproofer articles
Flooding is devastating for homeowners, but you need to act quick to minimize water damage and mold. Contact your insurance company, grab protective equipment, and follow this flood remediation checklist to restore your home after a flood.
There’s no worse feeling than seeing water in your basement. But a little prevention, from sealing to drainage, can help avoid a wet disaster. Learn the best ways to waterproof your basement, and which method is the right one for your home.
Find waterproofing contractors in
- El Prado
- Ranchos De Taos
- Arroyo Seco
- Angel Fire
- Red River
- Ojo Caliente
- La Junta
- La Villita
- Los Luceros
- Santa Cruz
waterproofing contractors in Taos
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- Advance Concept Construction3167 San Mateo NE Ste 114
Albuquerque, New Mexico
- Advance Concept Construction
- Casa De Colores Painting and Repairs234 Ledoux St.
Taos, New Mexico
- Casa De Colores Painting and Repairs
- Dorian Visionheart Dyer3560 South Brandon Street
- Dorian Visionheart Dyer
- Hampton Enterprise LLC254 W Lawrence Harris Hwy
- Hampton Enterprise LLC
- Paul Davis Restoration of Northern New Mexico12 Bisbee Court
Santa Fe, New Mexico
- Paul Davis Restoration of Northern New Mexico
- Rick Wilson's PFI, Inc.39 RANCHO ALEGRE RD
Santa Fe, New Mexico
- Rick Wilson's PFI, Inc.