Proper lawn mower maintenance can keep it running longer. Whether it's sharpening blades or getting a professional mower tuneup, follow these maintenance tips.
Find top lawn mower repair services in Sherrills Ford, NC
There are 1 top-rated lawn mower repair services in your area and 2 to avoid
After 20 years, it's now free to join.
- More than 10 Million Verified Reviews
- Nationwide Coverage
- Trusted Ratings
Recent Lawn Mower Repair Reviews in Sherrills Ford
- SUPERIOR POWER PRODUCTSEven though I needed the repair in the height of his repair season, he got me in within days. His price for transport of the tractor was the lowest in the area. Not only was his personality warm, he took the time to be an 'instructor', even on things he was not repairing. He could have made more money on suggesting fuel filters or a fuel change, as my tractor was 'missing' as if it had a carb problem. He gave me some tips & tricks to make it through the summer. He also could have charged a full hour rate but instead charged me a 1/2 hour rate. I told him I had found the belt on the OEM site and it was $79. He assured me he could get a belt for much cheaper, and he did. When he delivered it, he gave me suggestions on maintenance that I could do myself. I recently bought this tractor, used, from one of his competitors. I could have probably called that competitor to complain about the condition of the belt when he sold it to me, but I just didn't want any more dealings with him so even though I knew I may have got the belt replaced for free, I chose to deal with someone else, even at a cost. I will keep this repairman for life if his service continues with such honesty and warmth
- MT VIEW HOME & GARDEN CTR INCOur 8 year old Sears LT1000 riding mower had been performing poorly this season. I had been changing the oil and doing PM on it (blades, belts, etc.) but it began running rough, cutting off. Then it began to be impossible to crank, but would after turning the engine past "top point" a couple times. I thought it was a bad starter, but then it began to blow white smoke, choke down and backfire. Checked the oil and there was gas in it. Thought gasket had blown. We checked Angie's List for small engine repair in the Hickory NC area and found only Charlotte businesses listed. A neighbor recommended Mt View Home and Garden. What a find! If you need work done in this area, this is the place. The mechanic in back was finishing my sentences before I was halfway through explaining the symptoms: Carbeurator. He promised it in a week, then finished it in 3 days (even though it was the week before July 4th!). A very detailed WRITTEN explanation from the mechanic on what exact problem(s) were and what they did to fix it. Emptied all fluids out of engine, pulled and re-built the carb and gasket and replaced oil all for less than $80! The clogged carbeurator was blowing by gas, causing the cylinder to flood and "lock up" hydraulically, then flood the crankcase. Good news is the starter was fine; These folks work on everything from large farm tractors to weed whackers. Quick efficient service, no slick talk or price jacking. Christian family owned business that is responsible to the community it serves. Add this one to the list Angie
- CAMERON'S MOWER REPAIRHe is very accommodating and will come to your home. He does the work that day and has very reasonable prices.
- M&D Small Engine RepairExcellent prices and excellent service. I sent my stuff to another guy and he said it would take a week and this guy knocked it off in about an hour and a half. I spent about $40. I saw them about 2 months ago.
- Burke OutdoorThe Company worked on our lawn tractor until they found the major problem. It was not as obvious as we had hoped. They did not give up and worked 4 times on the tractor and fixed it. I think they were very professional about the job and I salute them
- Bens Small Engine Service & RepairI have used Bens about 8 times so far. This last time was for a push mower we use for trimming around the raised garden beds. I would pull the cord 40 times and nothing would happen. Ben replaced the spark plug, drained off some overfill on the oil, and sharpened the blade. Works like new now, and starts with one pull. Very satisfied
- Fast Mobile MowerThere were zero providers on Angie's List (within a 30 mile range) so I had to 'take a chance'. I must first admit, I repeatedly told the guy that I was in NO hurry so I'm sure he was comfortable and assured in moving our first appointment out. What I liked is, when he had to move the appointment, he gave me plenty of notice and more importantly, asked if I wanted him to make other arrangements. Again, I had no rush so it was mutual. The week of our service, I then had to move my appointment out by a few hours. He was not upset (I explained my re-scheduling was due to charity work for a young man injured in Afghanistan the prior week) and assured me that if he could move other appointments up for the day, he'd still try to fit me in, which he did. He was responsive, well-mannered (without being a 'salesman'), efficient, and most assuredly, cleaned up after himself. He wouldn't even drive across my lawn, even though my own car was on the lawn while I unloaded heavy items. I did not tell him I was subscribed to Angie's List until the job was done. I wanted to see how he'd do. After the job, he took the time to explain many things about my mower. Considering I had caused him to change appointments resulting in me being the last appointment on a Saturday, I was impressed that he took the time. I do not like choosing someone who's not on Angie's List but I'm glad I did and I"m glad i get to put a positive review in for this business
- Bens Small Engine Service & RepairDid nothing I emailed him twice and left 2 voicemail's this past week for a mower he posted on craigslist the first call and email was less than 10min after he posted it. Never received any contact back if it was sold or not. Highly unprofessional
- Granite Machinery & EquipmentAt first, it went well, new blade, oil change/tune up. The mower needed a new drive disk and I had that replaced as well. John was very attentive and picked up and delivered my mower ($30 fee, but well worth it). However, when it was returned on Friday and I used it for about 30 minutes on Saturday, the lawnmower would stop moving until I placed it into a higher gear. I stopped using it and called John on Monday. He came and picked it up. When I checked on it on Thursday, I was told by the mechanic that part of the transmission needed adjusting. Once again, it was returned on a Friday and I used it for about 30 minutes on Sunday this time, the same thing happened. This time, I had my brother take me and the lawnmower to the place so that I could speak to John face to face, feeling that this was fairly frustrating, as I did not have this problem before. John assured me that they would take another look at it and call me back. I never heard from them, so I called on Thursday. John told me that the mechanic had found the problem, a seal in the engine was leaking, which caused oil to drip onto the drive disk, which, in turn made it slip. John told me that they would finish up that day and would call me. I never heard from them, so I called on Friday morning. John said that they were finished and had tested it several times, driving it 'up and down this small hill about 50 times' and could not get it to slip. When I asked how much, John replied that there would be no charge, since he felt that the aggravation and the fact that they didn't catch it the first two times was their fault. Well, they returned my lawnmower on Friday. The claim of driving it around has to be false. I got on my lawnmower and, just because of the trouble I'd had, decided to test drive it. I noticed it was a little sluggish and the throttle wasn't as responsive as before, but decided that I'd see if that didn't improve once it warmed up a little bit. I placed the mower into 1st gear and drove for a little bit, maybe half way around my house, changed to 2nd drove out to the mail box, got my mail and dropped it off on the porch. I throttled back, placed it into 3rd gear, throttled up after starting to move, and drove around the back of my house again. About 2/3rds of the way around the house, it made a horrible grinding noise, bumped a couple of times and slowed down. I had driven the mower MAYBE a total of 100 yards. The mower had been at my house about 30 minutes or so.... I immediately turned it off and called John right and reported it. His response was that it had him stumped (obviously) and the only thing that he knew to do was to get into the transmission (which we had discussed before but he had elected NOT to investigate) and see if that was the problem. He also swore that he had even mowed another customer's lawn with it to make sure that it was running right. He's going to pick up the mower on Monday and promised to make it right. Here's my problem with what he said. First of all, I don't believe that they drove it '50 times' anywhere, unless this is when they tore the transmission out of my lawnmower. Second of all, he's yet to knock on my door when returning the lawnmower or call me when he's told me he would. Here's an example of the above statement: On Friday, I had a contractor at the house and we were outside, but behind the house. My front door was open, there's two vehicles in the driveway. John came by, dropped the lawnmower off and left while I was outside. It was real quick too, the contractor and I weren't at the back of the house more than a couple of minutes. He had to hear us talking and walked around the side of the house or could have called when he was coming by to drop it off. Thirdly, why did he mow another customers yard with my lawnmower? He could have easily mowed my yard after contacting me to tell me he was on the way. In other words, I think he's lying to me. I don't trust him anymore. He's got one more chance to make it right and I'm going to let him try, but only because he said that he wanted to make sure it was fixed. If my lawnmower isn't fixed this time, I'm taking it to somewhere else. At that point, I'm also filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau, I'll update here with the results of his attempt to repair the damage that's done. Last but not least, I'll take him to small claims court for the refund of any repairs I have to pay for out of pocket, just because he doesn't ensure that the work is done right. Well, it's been a month - they finally delivered my lawnmower on Friday. Turns out it was the transmission. He left the gearing on my porch - it was clearly worn. I called to thank him and found out that it was a used tranny he'd salvaged from another Snapper mower that had a blown engine. He guaranteed it for a year, although I kind of doubt he'll honor it if something goes wrong. He charged me $50.00 for the part, no labor and no pick up delivery fees (which, at $30 a pop, would have been at least $90). I've test-driven it and even used it. It appears that they finally got it right this time. All this for a used transmission, 3 weeks without a mower, multiple phone calls and, except for one time, with no return call, shoddy workmanship and poor customer service. It's a good thing he doesn't work for my boss - he'd be out of a job and quite possibly the industry. Don't use this business, they don't know what they're doing and they're liars. The only thing that they've accomplished is to aggravate me to death, keep me from using my lawnmower and throw me a month behind in my yard work. If I had a choice between a bucket of used dry sweep and Granite Machinery and equipment, I'd take the bucket of used dry sweep any day
Lawn Mower Repair Services in Sherrills Ford
- Business Description:We are a local, family owned small engine repair business, with a passion for helping our neighbors. We are able to get your mower, weed eater, blower or any small engine up and running again. Our rates are very affordable and we tailor our services to your needs. Give us a call or send a text and let us get your equipment runningRecent Review:Nick went above and beyond. He’s very knowledgeable about engines. He was able to fix my mower in no time and at a reasonable price. I would hire again and recommend to anyone.Devon W.
- Business Description:RepairClinic is a retailer and distributor of OEM appliance, HVAC system, and outdoor power equipment parts. RetailClinic does not offer repair services; the company offers free repair resources including more than 5,000 how-to videos to empower DIY-ers and technicians to fix appliances and equipment on their own. RepairClinic.com® makes fixing things easy for millions of people. Founded in 1999, it is North America’s trusted online store with replacement parts for major household applianc..Recent Review:I have tried every possible way to get someone to help me, but no one has ever returned any calls or emails. I am at a complete loss. but one thing I have learned - Angies list is an absolute farce.Julie A.
- Business Description:Minton Small Engine Repair Is A 5 Star Lawn Mower Repair Facility. We Are Licensed To Work On Any Brand Of Mower & Engine. We Offer Mobile Repair As Well. Customers Are Our #1 Priority. We Also Offer Pick-Up & DeliveryRecent Review:Serviceman did not show as promised. Not even a phone call. Bad experience right out of the box.Michael P.
- Business Description:Sears Home Services is America’s #1 appliance services provider. Our thousands of experts based throughout the U.S. deliver guaranteed quality and workmanship. We work on most makes and models whether they were purchased at Sears or not. We take care of your house so you can enjoy your home. Only Sears offers 3 unique ways to save on appliance repairs! 1. Standard Repair Service + 90 Day Guarantee • Cost is provided after technician diagnoses the problem • 90 day guarantee on parts a..Recent Review:They charged me $639 for labor, to which the $169 service fee was applied. The repairman was here 1.5 hours, so that is $426 PER HOUR for labor. There was also a $30 part. So, total was $639 - $169 + $30 = $500. The repairman said the labor was built into the $30 part he replaced and he couldn't change it. I was already out $169 and was desperate for repair, so I paid itPatricia G.
- Business Description:"We do Anything and Everything" No job is too big or too small! Www.Facebook.com/LNHandyman
- Business Description:Design/Build/Maintain/Repair/Renovation Services
- Recent Review:We stumbled upon them a number of years ago and we have had such good luck with them for any work or service on the equipment. Their prices seem reasonable and it is the only place we would use for this service. We also call them twice a year to get the service done on the equipment.C.O. P.
- Business Description:We are a group of highly skilled men versed in many fields ready to take on any task that we fill we can complete safely while doing the best possible job. And if we can't get the job done we can get you to some one we trust to do the best possible job
- Business Description:Since 1981, family-owned Northern Tool + Equipment has grown into the ultimate destination for hard working do-it-yourselfers and professionals. Our selection of generators, pressure washers, power and hand tools, air compressors, welders, material handling equipment and more includes top national brands and our own world-class products, which we engineer and build in our own manufacturing facilities. We offer useful products at a great price and back them with product expertise and customer ..
- Business Description:Our company is based on the belief that our customers' needs are of the utmost importance. Our entire team is committed to meeting those needs. As a result, a high percentage of our business is from repeat customers and referrals. All work is completed by a 2 and 4 stroke certified technician in a timely manner. We are family owned and operated business. Our goal is quality service with honest and accurate repair knowledge. Most work is completed within 5 days of drop off or repaired while ..Recent Review:Did nothing I emailed him twice and left 2 voicemail's this past week for a mower he posted on craigslist the first call and email was less than 10min after he posted it. Never received any contact back if it was sold or not. Highly unprofessional <br /Bryan W.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful lawn mower repair service articles
If your lawn mower will not start, it may have a clogged air filter or bad spark plug. A lawn mower repair pro walks through how to fix and avoid problems.
Reel lawn mowers make a comeback over power mowers thanks to their operating ease and affordability. Learn if a rotary mower is a smart choice for you.
Find lawn mower repair shops in
- Iron Station
- Mount Ulla
- High Shoals
- Stony Point
- Mount Holly
- Paw Creek
lawn mower repair shops in Sherrills Ford
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- Charlotte Outdoor Equipment RepairPO Box 620381
Charlotte, North Carolina
- Charlotte Outdoor Equipment Repair
- Elevate Construction Inc1000 S Fairfield Drive Ste. 80
- Elevate Construction Inc
- Fast Mobile Mower4821 Sierra Dr
Maiden, North Carolina
- Fast Mobile Mower
- Ike's Small Engine Repair3225 24th St NE
Hickory, North Carolina
- Ike's Small Engine Repair
- Lowe Design and Construction86 Cheatham Ford Rd
Hiddenite, North Carolina
- Lowe Design and Construction
- NORTHERN TOOL & EQUIPMENT CO2770 US HIGHWAY 70 SE
Hickory, North Carolina
- NORTHERN TOOL & EQUIPMENT CO