3rd Rock Plumbing LLC

Founded 2008 • With Angi since June 2008

Thank you for your interest in 3rd Rock Plumbing. With over 12 years of plumbing experience, we are confident that we can help you with your plumbing needs. Our professional, punctual, and experienced staff look forward to hearing from you today! Also, check out our special promotions on Angie's List!...

3rd Rock Crew

+3 more images

plumbers (147)water heaters (25)drain pipe installation (3)sewer cleaning (2)gas leak repair (2)well & water pump repair (2)gas fireplace repair (2)water softeners (2)drain cleaning (27)

11/05/2020

judith M.

this company responds immediately, is very respectful of property taking great care not to damage, expertly completes service and in a timely manner. Pricing is reasonable and very friendly agents.

Description of Work
secure steel vent pipe to ceiling that had dropped, replace all sink connections with proper updated fittings

Category plumbing, drain pipe

Work Completed On 11/05/2020

Thank you very much! So glad you were happy with our service.

10/15/2020

michael P.

Great! Came in, did the job quickly and at a decent price. Cleaned up afterwards.

Description of Work
Drain Cleaning

Category drain cleaning

Work Completed On 10/16/2020

Thank you for the great review!

10/12/2020

Marilyn B.

The folks at 3rd Rock are prompt, professional, easy to work with, respectful, and do a good job. I am grateful for their reliable service! Alon, Kyle, David and the lady dispatcher/receptionist were all especially helpful.

Description of Work
Replaced hot water heater, installed new kitchen faucet, replaced a toilet, repaired plugged overflow valve in another toilet,

Category plumbing, water heater repair

Work Completed On 10/12/2020

Thank you very much for the resoundingly positive review for several of our staff. We appreciate that! That just made our whole week!!

09/25/2020

Mark T.

Mike from 3rd Rock Plumbing replaced the garbage disposal unit. He did an excellent job and I am very pleased with his work. Especially nice was that he cleaned up everything when finished and left no mess behind (so rare these days!). I would highly recommend 3rd Rock Plumbing.

Description of Work
repair/replace garbage disposal

Work Completed On 09/22/2020

Thank you for the review. We'll be sure to let Mike know!

07/14/2020

Scott F.

Great! Kept me up to date with arrival schedules, etc.

Description of Work
Spicket leak repair and replaced lavatory faucets

Category plumbing, drain pipe

Work Completed On 07/13/2020

05/15/2019

Jade Y.

**Beware the business has unloyal employees and will take advantage of older people*** Prior to the job, my dad had shown Zack exactly what he wanted done. There were two leaking pipes. My dad also spoke to Zack's upper management to make sure the job was what my dad needed to be done. Communication seem cleared and my dad proceeded with the job. Zack and David came out to my parents house on 5/14/19 to fix the leaking pipe in the crawlspace. My mom kept an eye on the guys to see if they were putting in new pipes, there were no pipes in sight. From 9am-12:30pm Zack and David acted like they were fixing the leaking pipes. At 12:30pm they inform my parents the job was completed. My dad gave Zack and David $1200 CASH for their work. Afterward my parents went to the crawlspace to check on the pipes. There was no signs of new pipes and the same leaks were still there. My dad informed me the work was not done correctly and the guy took my parents hard earn money. They tried to reach out to the company but no one answer their call. I called there business number and I asked to speak to the owner. 3rd Rock uses a call center to type your message and than send it out via text to their employee. I was not able to reach a person and I told the call center to let 3rd Rock know that they did not fulfill their job duties for what they got paid they can come back to fix it or explain it to authorities for falsifying their work. I ask that the guys come back to fix their work or they can explain to law enforcement why they falsified their work and took my parents money. Zack and David could NOT defend themselves when they came back around 3:30pm why they did not do the job the first go around. I told the guys that they took advantage of my parents because they are an older Asian couple who could speak some English but not perfect. Zack and David went to the store and bought pipes and came back to replace the leaks. The guys said 3rd Rock Plumbing guarantee their work for 1 year, we'll have to see. The guys did not apologized but blamed it on their dispatcher and upper management. This was an awful experience with 3rd Rock Plumbing. If you want a honest and loyal company to get the work done do not choose 3rd Rock Plumbing. Their employees took advantages of my parents and especially those who don't speak English fluent and are older. If I was did not reached out as much as I did those two guys would had pocket the cash. The company has yet to reached out or apologized for their dishonest and lying staff. I'm glad your family operated company stand behind dishonest worker and liars. I do not recommend this plumbing company.

Description of Work
New pipes in crawlspace

Work Completed On 05/14/2019

We are terribly sorry that was your perception and experience, I can understand a level of frustration but can't agree with the situation as it has been portrayed here. Let me explain. Firstly, Zack is a junior plumber and isn't yet experienced enough to fully quote jobs such as that, which is why the quote was delivered a few days after he initially came by that weekend. The quote came from one of our more experienced plumbers, Mike, who unfortunately placed a number on the work from what Zack told him instead of going by to see it. The job was done by David and Zack, which is a breach of policy since the one who supplied the quote does the job in 95% of cases. David, who is a lead plumber, was working on something that he didn't quote so he was not completely sure of all included. There was a second quote as well, the first being for a spot repair and replacement, and the other being a total home re-pipe. So, they did what they believed was covered in the quote and went on their way to another job. Then, I fielded a call from the gentleman of the home and understood there was a problem. I told him we would get back there when we could, the conversation being at about 1:40pm, and that I would let him know when I knew when that would be. I then was unable to answer the phone for about an hour, during which time I saw the phone ringing and messages being left at 1:50, 2:04, 2:12, and 2:30pm. I could not call, so I texted the following at 2:17pm ... "Hi, this is Gabriel with 3rd Rock Plumbing. We are aware of the leak, but I cannot get plumbers back right now because they've moved on to another job. Calling us over and over will change nothing, I am unable to answer, but we will get back by when we can. Be patient, I will let you know what to expect." Upon the ringing of the phone even more, and having texted Zack to see what was going on, I texted this at 2:20pm: "I believe our plumber suggested a full re-pipe, because there are many leaky pipes apparently. They will come back by when they're finished with the job they are on now, however we cannot replace every pipe. The quote for the full re-pipe was $3800. If that is what you want we can do that at a different day." Then more calls and threats of calling the police, even though we had communicated clearly we would be back. Then, after they finished the job they were on, David and Zack came back to the home and saw what was expected and not done ... and they did it. It was all completed by 4pm. There was no intention to defraud or take advantage of anyone, there were, however, mistakes and botched procedures on our part that lead to it. Also, the language barrier caused some confusion I am sure. The point is, we take pride in our customer service and that was a bad situation that we have now trained on to prevent in the future. We are sorry it happened that way, and hope you can understand that it was a simple miscommunication that we rectified quickly and not any intentional slight deserving of what you have written here. We offer a one year warranty on all jobs, yours included, so if you all have any problems in the future with that work let us know please. Thanks for your business, and we regret the experience was a poor one for you.

05/09/2019

Jerome S.

Everything went well. Spoke with Gabriel on May 6th. He had Mike come out on May 7th after and emergency plumbing job. Mike gave me the estimate and told me what could be done but he would have to come back either later that day or the next day because he didn't have what he needed at the time. Mike called me back the same day and said that he couldn't make it back and would it be ok for him to come the next morning. I said sure, just call me after 10 am. Gabriel kept me updated with when and who was coming to the house because Lucas came the next day. He finished the job within 2 hours. The guys were very professional and courteous. I would hire them again if needed. Awesome job!!

Description of Work
Leaking Pipe in basement

Work Completed On 05/08/2019

10/28/2018

Richard W.

Did not hire way over priced. Only contacted me through Facebook.

Description of Work
Minor plumbing issues

Work Completed On 10/28/2018

Thanks Mr [Member Name Removed] for giving us an opportunity to serve you. Sorry you were unhappy with the price, its expensive to run a business. We are licensed, have a comprehensive general liability policy, pay workman's compensation, help our employees with health care, not mention marketing, inventory, giving free estimates, and paying our employees a livable wage etc. etc. Not to mention the particular employee that came out has 20 years experience doing plumbing, we are not a handy man service, and we offer a 1 year warranty with our work. We have been around almost 10 years and plan on at least another 10 so we'll be around to stand by our work. Best of luck on your project.

10/01/2018

Randy T.

Excellent customer service. They came out once to perform the work on my drain and seem to be working well for a couple of weeks and then it became clogged again. They came out within hours of me calling them back and took care of the problem. Great company and great customer service. I really admire when a company stands behind its work

Description of Work
Our kitchen drain was clogged, and we had standing water in the sink

Category drain cleaning

09/26/2018

Rachel E.

Very quick response. Very professional. Very personable. Would definitely recommend 3rd Rock Plumbing.

Description of Work
Install touch kitchen sink faucet

Work Completed On 09/20/2018

08/12/2018

Jerwyn J.

It was a protentionally complex job and was handled efficiently and professionally. The plumber was understanding, friendly, provided explanations, and thoroughly cleaned up the work area.

Description of Work
Commode installed.

Work Completed On 08/06/2018

07/11/2018

Warren R.

Incredible job with 3 guys over 4 hours. Very pleased and will use again for sure. Jim, the owner, gave me a solid estimate and stuck with it. Gabriel provided great follow-up. The 3 plumbers were very professional

Description of Work
Needed old cast iron drain replaced, bathroom sink fixed, and two outside faucets replaced

Category drain pipe

07/02/2018

Ray H.

great! diagnosed the problem, got the part, and had finished in less than 2 hours

Description of Work
bad preasure reduction valve

Work Completed On 04/13/2018

06/13/2018

Matt T.

I had an emergency situation where the pipe had frozen and cracked and when it thawed out it flooded my basement over night. They were very quick to respond and had everything fixed for me within a few hours of calling.

Description of Work
Repaired two cracked pipes that were frozen during the winter.

Work Completed On 01/22/2018

[Member Name Removed] thanks for the nice review, happy we were able to help.

04/02/2018

Al S.

Good job. All work well with no issues

Description of Work
drain pipe rerouted and install garbage disposal

Work Completed On 04/02/2018

03/19/2018

anthony L.

good work done very professional although they have not got back with me on another project

Description of Work
water heater

Category plumbing, water heater repair

Work Completed On 03/20/2018

Hi [Member Name Removed] ... what did we miss? Please let us know, we are moving so fast, it happens sometimes. So sorry.

03/07/2018

Deb D.

Performed task quickly and effectively

Description of Work
Leaking faucets

Work Completed On 03/06/2018

12/28/2017

John C.

I contacted 3rd Rock Plumbing via a form at their OnLine site on 12/16/2017 at 1:00 pm re a plumbing problem I am experiencing. To date, 12/27/2017, I have not received a response from 3rd Rock.

Description of Work
Sulfer smells from hot water taps.

Work Completed On 12/16/2017

12/16/2017

Douglas B.

Perfectly, I couldn't have asked for better. Mike was punctual, informative, friendly and extremely professional. I will certain call on 3rd Rock again.

Description of Work
installation of new main water valve.

Work Completed On 12/15/2017

11/11/2017

Thomas M.

We have used 3rd Rock several times after moving into a 76 year old house and have always been happy with their response times, punctuality, and service. They are a small outfit with true professionals. Highly recommended.

Description of Work
General plumbing

Category plumbing, wells, drain cleaning

Work Completed On 09/01/2017

09/26/2017

Mackinzie M.

The person testing our water was very late but he text me and kept me up to speed about his day. He came out was super nice and professional, tested our water and said he would call us in 2 days. I didn’t hear from him after 3 days then text him. Made an appointment for the “plumber to come out” and he didn’t show up for 4 days straight. Then when he did finally come out he didn’t do anything! I text the manager back questioning him about things, asked for an estimate it took almost 2 weeks to get the estimate. It was supposed to include various types of filtration systems so we could pick the one we wanted. We are still waiting for the estimate we were supposed to have 4 weeks ago! The plumber told us one price for the plumbing and the estimate from the office was three times the price!

Description of Work
I called them because we have a well and were having issues with our water. As soon as I called them they made an appointment to come out and test our water.

Category plumbing, water softeners, wells

Work Completed On 08/29/2017

We regret the problems faced, and are sorry we couldn't offer better options. We try our best to service all of our potential and existing customers with efficiency and professionalism. With all due respect, there were other circumstances as well...such as the customer delivering a child, hope he is doing well, the day after the testing. Labor Day holiday weekend, hard rain kept us busy, also because the property was outside our usual zone of service, we tried to save the customer money by having one of our plumbers, that lived close by stop by after work instead of charging for a trip fee to come out. There really was no other option we could find, based on our tests, our trips out there to your beautiful but challenging lot...and perhaps our mistake was not being more blunt, instead of trying to accommodate. Best of luck, we hope you find some great solutions, sorry we couldn't be apart of it.

09/16/2017

David I.

We have used them an number of times before and have been given outstanding service. They are always on time and do the work in a very professional and efficient manner. Were we not moving from the area, they would always be our first call for plumbing work.

Description of Work
Called them to work on due diligence items from an inspection for selling our home.

Work Completed On 09/15/2017