Get Connect Tech

Founded 1986 • With Angi since February 2017

1576 Smiley st.

Liberty, MO 64068

Providing complete IT, Network, WiFi, Audio/Visual, Television Mounting, Cable Management, Telephone, Cabling, Smart Home, Computer and Laptop Maintenance, Exterior Home Lighting and handyman services for homeowners and businesses....

home theater installation (13)computer repair (10)satellite tv (2)Pool Installers (1)home automation (1)cable tv (1)

06/14/2021

Debra D.

It went very good. Mr. Thomas the installer was very kind and took time and explained everything he had to do.

Description of Work
Starlink Satellite was installed at my home.

Category office equipment repair,satellite tv service,swimming pools

Work Completed On 05/11/2021

02/15/2021

Cheri K.

He responded right away and over the phone he helped me with so many suggestions, unfortunately he was too far away to fix the issue but he offered help. He was excellent, pleasant and knew exactly what he was talking about.

Description of Work
Computer troubleshooting

Work Completed On 02/15/2021

09/07/2020

Stacy S.

I was in need of a IT guy and didn't know where to start. Couldn't afford the Geek Squad, and who would of thought that I could find someone even more amazing than the top named companies? Well I did. This man was at my home with in 24 hrs and helped me not only hook everything I need up and set it up, he explained it all to me as he went. Which I needed badly. I couldn't have gotten anyone better. I am so glad I found him and know who to call anytime I need something. Thanks so much Bob. Your a God Send!

Description of Work
Installation of Windows on New Hard Drive, New Hard drive on iMac, network security and more...

Category office equipment repair,computer repair,computer training

Work Completed On 09/03/2020

08/26/2020

Patricia W.

Excellent! Inspite of difficulties with my Smart TV, Bob perservered, researched a difficult failure and left me with a much more organized, safer and faster home network

Description of Work
I needed my home network cleaned up by removing old equipment or relocating on the network, and then testing for a secure setup. ensure or create optimal, secure setup, etc) and tune it for better performance.

Work Completed On 08/26/2020

Thank you!

10/10/2019

Cambria M.

Bob exceeded our expectations when installing an outlet above our fireplace and installing our TV mount/TV. From our first communications to completing the install, his professionalism and quality of work was well worth it. I got several quotes and very few said they could actually do what we were asking for. The TV mounted is seamless and exactly what we wanted. Thanks Bob for your great work! Highly recommend.

Description of Work
Outlet Installed and TV Mounted above Fireplace

Work Completed On 10/09/2019

09/13/2019

Dave M.

I'm glad I hired out this project. The wiring was quite involved and the setup of all the setting and more-involved computer systems was beyond my capabilities. Good work!

Description of Work
Home office wiring and set up

Category home theater design,computer repair

Work Completed On 09/13/2019

02/03/2019

Sherry H.

I called to set up the appointment and Robert answered the phone. He was very outgoing and personable. He said he does this all the time and it is no problem. He told me to leave him notes to all that I would like done on the computer. So I hired him. I looked at other reviews and they all seemed good, so I took a chance. He got to my house with a partner. My mother was there to greet him. His partner did most of the transfer work while he answered phone calls. I had him put the hard drive from the old computer into my new one and put it as the secondary so my kids would still have their saved games. I also had him set up my printer since I also use my computer for work. He did look over the work his partner did. When I came home on my lunch period to paid him he told me what he did. He also said that we didn't need AVG or AVAST on the computer. Windows already had Windows Defender and it is free. He said my printer was installed, and he left shortcuts to the newly created D and G drives. The G drive he said was my old disk. He said I call him and he would walk me through how to get my kid's games on the computer if I had difficulty. So after I got off work I immediately came to see how many games and my kids's saves made the switch. Unfortuantey, the Steam games did not have the saved game information. The other games that was not on Steam, I had to redownload. So I called him and he did answer and respond quickly. I told him the problem and he said he just got home and he would call me back in a little while. So while I was waiting I googled how to find saved games on steam and what to do. And I did what they recommended and it didn't work. Shortly thereafter, Robert called and told me the same procedure. I told him I tried that, and so I allowed him to remote in so he can see what is going on. When he remoted in he saw that I put Avast back on this machine. For the next 20-30 minutes he was asking me why I did that, and how Windows Defender is made specifically for Windows. It was taking up so much resources. Then he moved on and focused on the problem. He tried the same thing at least 3 times with no successes. So he said he would have to research it and try again tomorrow. So the next day he tried many different things and it wouldn't work. When he went to the command prompt he said that it was very tricky and you can mess up your computer here if you aren't careful. When he typed in his line and hit enter it came back with a syntax error. He did that twice. I only know from watching other computer scientists code that you have to have your slashes, punctuation marks, spellings correct or it will not work right. I noticed that the slash was going the wrong direction and I pointed that out to him. I will admit by this point I had lost some faith in his work ability. He was persistant though. He worked for 1/2 a day trying to help. In the early afternoon, he said he got it fixed. He gave me directions to merge the files. He also said to call if more problems came up. A day or two later, I was trying to do work on my computer and could not find the old files. I sent him a text asking for help to find them. I was frantic, because I lost a lot of data. He didn't respond for over 2 hours. During this time I found it the data and sent him a text to never mind. I also discovered that the printer was not set up. I had to set it up. Also, my C drive is now critically full and so is the recovery F drive. I do not know what to do to fix it. My computer is less than two weeks old. It should not be full already. I have approximatly 2,000 GB of space. I am beyond frustrated!!

Description of Work
I got a new computer and I needed someone to come in and set it up for me and transfer information to the new computer from the old one.

Work Completed On 01/25/2019

01/02/2019

Shane W.

Have had 3 Get Connect Tech crews in over past two years to do home network installations and a 4K monitor and HDMI line put in over fireplace. The teams/crew were always friendly and did whatever it took to give us the functionality we were after. When glitches occurred post-install (and they inevitably do in houses as old as mine), they jumped on quickly fixing. And all for a very reasonable rate. Highly recommended!

Description of Work
Network line installs, home theater monitor mounting

Work Completed On 12/28/2018

11/26/2018

Deborah S.

Terrible. Work was not complete and he stole my Cameras

Description of Work
Tv mount repair and install and camera install

Work Completed On 11/26/2018

NOT FAIR AND NOT TRUE. I have been communicating with you to return your cameras for days. You were not home yesterday. Also I solved your immediate problem and have a more permanent solution ready for you. What more do you want? Please revise your review.

08/12/2017

Kyle P.

Personable and professional. I am very happy with the outcome of the service, and the expertise of the gentlemen at Get Connect Tech. I will rehire them, and would definitely recommend using them to anyone.

Description of Work
TV Wall Mounting

Work Completed On 07/24/2017

Thank you. We are happy to help.

Computer, Network, WiFi, Internet Access, Telephone, Printer, Audio, Television, Projector, Exterior Home Lighting, Laptop, Server, Router, Switch, Firewall, VIOP, Streaming TV Access, Backup systems Design, Installation and Maintenance. Including: Flat screen television mounting, complete telephone systems for small business, network cable and WiFi installation and more.

Cell phone screen repair