Attic insulation can help keep you comfortable year-round, lower your energy bills, and provide cleaner indoor air. Find out how much attic insulation costs and learn answers to common questions about this household essential.
Get matched with top insulation contractors in Barnum, MN
There are 7 highly-rated local insulation contractors.
Recent Insulation Reviews in Barnum
- Outlast ConstructionThis company was excellent. They were fast, clean and very courteous! When they left it was completely clean around my house. I would highly recommend them. Their price was very reasonable!
- NORTH STAR INSULATING INCIt went great other than the fact that we found knob and tube wiring in the attic. The company was very helpful in cominng back to complete the job without charging me additional money because they had to come to my place twice.
- The Carpentry Works LLCThey did an excellent job. Dave was excellent about explaining what would be the best thing to do for my insulation, which I knew already from extensive research, but I was checking to make sure he knew what to do. He was excellent about explaining his estimate. They were arrived in a timely manner after I hired them, and completed on time. The workers were profession, completed the job to spec, and cleaned up after themselves. I had Dave give me estimates for a couple other jobs, but the prices were higher than competitors read less
- The Carpentry Works LLCIt went well. Masked windows and doors carefully. Filled stud cavities as full as possible. Removed protruding excess foam.
- DBS Residential Solutions, IncThis company was so professional, friendly, efficient, thorough, and did excellent work! They are a franchise of Dr. Energy Saver and often listed under that name. Ron came out and did a free inspection/estimate. He wrote up a clear and concise plan. They guys showed up and explained everything they were doing as they did it over the course of a couple days. Luke was especially good at keeping me informed of all decisions along the way and explaining the condition of our attic in detail. I feel like I learned a lot from him about my home. When previously unknown problems were discovered they stopped to discuss their solutions and cost overages with me before continuing with their work. I highly recommend this company! I also felt the cost was reasonable. They were able to assist with financing read less
- Homer TLC IncThe contractor that did the siding and insulation work was good. However, I wasn't happy with the contractor who installed the patio door.
- The Carpentry Works LLCI used another business for my landscaping and driveway and I would never recommend that business to anyone asking me. I would, however, tell everyone that they should contact David Joice at The Carpentry Works for their remodeling, insulating and building needs. You won't find a more knowledgeable contractor read less
- The Carpentry Works LLCRight from the beginning, David Joice and his crew did an excellent job on all tasks. They were professional, efficient, experienced, and very easy to work with. They started and finished right on schedule. David pointed out several special situations and proposed good solutions, for example insulating the location for a shower enclosure on an exterior wall. He also coordinated well with the drywall contractor so that attic insulation was done at the right point in the drywall process. David also helped with some small-scale carpentry work on very short notice. I would not hesitate to call David Joice for any construction task read less
- The Carpentry Works LLCThey are professionals, friendly and courteous. They ask you questions and listen to your requests. They ask you if you have any questions or concerns throughout the project. They clean up after themselves at the end of each work day. They suggest ideas that only comes with years of experience. I liked the work so much that I now consider them my and quot;handy manand quot; for all projects needing professional help read less
- Lakeview Masonry IncIt took me more than a year to find a good masonry company in Duluth. The first mason I called claimed that my foundation was collapsing and my house would fall down unless I hired him immediately. It took me a while to figure out what the house really needed. Then the mason for the company I thought I'd hired suddenly was no longer available. And the best-known masonry company in town wouldn't return my calls. So it was GREAT to work with Lakeview, once I finally found it. Ryan called back right away, came out exactly when he said he would and started work earlier than he said he could. Once he and his team started, they worked like gangbusters, and they left the place as neat as a pin. Ryan knows a ton about houses, not just masonry, and he always had creative solutions to the many problems an older house presents. He's a good listener and has a great command of detail. He was happy to install the things I asked for, anticipated problems that I hadn't thought about and added extra features that he thought I needed, such as a drainage pipe. He seems to really care about doing the job right. So now I have an extremely sturdy garage that will outlast me. I would hire Lakeview again in a heartbeat, but I'm pretty sure I won't have to read less
Insulation Companies in Barnum
- Business Description:Affordable Prices**22 years of experience, owner operated and on every job site! Outlast Construction is a professional roofing and siding contractor. Our goal is to create long-term trusting relationships with our customers. Outlast Construction is dedicated to delivering outstanding quality at competitive prices. Licensed and Insured we back our work with a Limited Lifetime manufacturing Warranty and a 2 year Installation Warranty. At Outlast Construction our relationship doesn’t end when y.. read lessRecent Review:It went really well. The crew was here at the agreed upon time. They have a really good relationship with coworkers. We are well satisfied with the work and workmanship. Would definitely recommend them to anybody. When removing the old shingles they made sure that there wasn’t any debris left on the ground. read lessBruce K.
- Business Description:Finding the right construction company to take on your project can be overwhelming. From small handyman repairs to full service new home construction, we offer you peace of mind up front. Whether that means providing materials, photos of similar work from our project gallery, or getting you directly in touch with one of our many satisfied customers, please do not hesitate to ask! We want you to feel as confident in our work as we are. read lessRecent Review:Three words: hire this company! I feel I got exceptional quality and price. Chad and his employees were very kind, hard working, experienced, knowledgeable and punctual. This company was recommended by the company that built me a new garage. Because my yard where the garage was build needed so much fill to bring it up above the level of the alley, it left quite a bit of dirt sloping away from the new garage. Initially, I were only going to have a ramp and stairs put in. I had thought we might just get some grass on the dirt, but after talking over with Chad, a retaining wall was decided on as a need rather than a must. My wife and I did not feel we were pushed into this decision and we had neighbors who said we should really have a retaining wall. Because our yard was so low, Chad asked if we thought about raising our sidewalk, which we had. So we decided to tackle that as well. Lastly, he asked if we wanted to remove the porch next to our house, in part because it had heaved out of position years previously. Initially we were reluctant, but decided to replace that as well. I am very glad I did. Even though the project grew in scope, Chad always talked with us before making changes and he explained why he thought the changes were necessary. He made us feel very much included in making decisions and his explanations made us feel confident in the choices we were making. Now that the project is done, I couldn't be happier with the workmanship and the end product. We are so happy with Chad's work and prices that we are going to have him side our house and we recommended him to a neighbor read lessMichael W.
- Business Description:ABOUT LAKEVIEW MASONRY Lakeview Masonry completes projects for General Contractors, Homeowners, and Architects. We are based in Duluth, Minnesota and have been involved in projects as far north as Grand Portage, MN to as far east as Solon Springs, Wisconsin. OUR EXPERIENCED STAFF Our Lakeview crew was established in 2005, giving us the experience and knowledge to create and carry out unique and personalized design projects. We are well assembled; selected only after careful consideration of .. read lessRecent Review:Professional and explained everything. I was given several options of how to fix chimney.Danette K.
- Business Description:We are here for the sole purpose of helping you keep your home in tip top shape. We will meet with you free of charge and go over your project list and give you an estimate for each item separately so you can get things done that are the most important to you when it fits your budget. We have a crew of ten and look forward to serving you to make your home a comfortable place to be with everything working the way you want it to. Give us a call today for a free review of your list read lessRecent Review:Have not heard from Marshall Handyman on my projectRon F.
- Business Description:Established in 2012, DBS has been providing expert services to areas of Minnesota and Wisconsin. Our highly trained team specializes in basement waterproofing, foundation & crawl space repair, concrete lifting & leveling, basement finishing, radon mitigation and whole-home energy solutions. DBS is committed to providing top quality service and products to our customers. In fact, it is this commitment that has been the cornerstone of our success. With over 30 years of experience and hundreds o.. read lessRecent Review:Zach Royer and his crew were very professional and prompt. They did an excellent job of minimizing dust and disruption from the work and cleaning up after. I was pleased with the communication from letting me know when they could fit my work into the schedule, to a call in the morning letting me know they were on the way, to communication throughout the day. I do have some aspects of the job (buried drain line ) which will need to be completed in the spring. once the ground has thawed. But I am very pleased with the work to date. The work was not cheap but worth the quality read lessMary K.
- Business Description:Call for a no-obligation estimate. Golden Hammer Award Winning Contractor. Quality is not Expensive - It's Priceless.Recent Review:Les Grumdahl Window & Siding did an excellent job! From the quote to the actual replacement of the windows, everything went perfect! I would highly recommend Les Grumdahl Window & Siding!Ron B.
- Business Description:Rhino Roofing specializes in roofing and exterior remodeling in the entire Arrowhead region and even farther out! Founders Ryan Nelson and Derek Nelson have been in the industry for over a decade and their main goal is to provide an amazing workplace which they believe will build the framework for providing amazing customer experiences. From initial contact to product presentation and material delivery to final inspection our team is there with you to make sure you have the best at your dispo.. read lessRecent Review:Well my roof is roofed and now it is insured and it looks niceMatt M.
- Business Description:Professional Exteriors Inc is a full service company with services ranging from siding and roofing to decks as well as snow and ice dam removal in the winter. With a wide range of capabilities PEI is able to meet all your renovations needs read lessRecent Review:After water was running into the house due to ice dams they were able to come out the next day and get the water to stop comming inside. Thats the good. The bad is we were gouged to the tune of one thousand dollars for two hours worth of work. They did very little to clear the eves off, they still had a heavy sheet of ice. Its a week later and dams are back. They tried charging even more saying they worked longer than they did. Id say we payed 5x the value for 2/3 job read lessBrenda A.
- Business Description:For over 40 years Litman Construction Inc. has specialized in residential and light commercial remodeling, repairs and maintenance. Litman Construction has a full time crew who provide professional, skilled services to take care of just about any home, apartment building or business; repair, maintenance or remodeling project. With just a call, you can arrange for a convenient estimate or scheduling of your next project. You'll find our company a dependable, affordable and an efficient way to .. read lessRecent Review:Litman Construction won a bid through St. Louis County to install a vertical lift (elevator) to make our home handicapped accessible for our son with special needs. We began the project in ample time to complete it by the end of our funding year. We completed our portions of the project and Sam assured us that the project would be done on time. Two weeks before our funding year ended, Litman construction began their work, assuring us it would get done. The lift had not been ordered, so our project was not completed on time. It lost our son $12,000 of county funding to use this year for a handicapped accessible shower and ceiling lifts to keep him and our caregivers safe during transfers. Litman apologized, but did nothing to make the situation right. They proceeded to blame us for the delays. My husband was up until 2 AM one morning removing a wall so Litman could begin their work. Had we known that Litman's delays would be that impactful, we would have done what needed to be done ourselves. We could have easily done what needed to be done in a weekend. Litman Construction essentially sheet rocked and painted a U-shaped "closet" that was 5 feet deep, 6 feet wide and 12 feet high. They added a 42 inch high wall on top of the 8 foot wall my husband had already built. They sheet rocked and painted 204 square feet and charged $5,145 for their labor (85.75 hours over 30 days). On-line estimates put sheet rocking at $1.50-$3.00 per square foot (materials and labor combined) which would put our project at $306-$612. Even though Litman did not touch the lift (Arrow-Lift the lift manufacturer installed it) they charged a 10% mark up on the lift, and the electrician they hired (TK Electric) wired the main circuit board incorrectly so it was destroyed the first time it was hooked up. Their response to that was "He's done them for us before, but I guess mistakes can happen." Litman construction did not even do their work well. They left sheet rocked seams for us to have to blend into a wall above (they painted up to bare sheet rock). The bottom door header was put in crooked (it is 36" wide) and the dimensions for the door were incorrect despite them having a plan. When the lift was installed, shims needed to be placed at the top so the door opened correctly. We had to fix all their shoddy work after we fired them from the project. There was no service recovery or effort to make their mistake right. When we knew that the project was not going to get completed before the waiver year was up, Sam, the project manager, told us that he has had funding extended (our social worker never had heard of that) and that my husband was handy so he could complete parts of the next projects to fit into the money we have left over this year. He blamed us for the delays. In the end, Litman was paid for their job and there was no accountability for them. I left a one star review and told our story on their Facebook page and they deleted all four of their reviews. They turned off the ability for people to post to their page except in the comments of their posts. Instead of responding to a complaint, they deleted it. That, to me, says volumes about their company. If you want timely, high quality work done, go elsewhere read lessNena J.
- Business Description:J. Benson Construction is a full service, fully licensed, insured, and bonded general contractor. We serve the Minneapolis/St. Paul metro area and greater Minnesota from three offices in Minneapolis, Rochester and Duluth. We are a preferred vendor for Contractor Connection, Code Blue, Travelers, Farmers Insurance, First Choice Repair, Innovation Property, Lionsbridge and West Bend Mutual Insurance, among others. Please see our website for additional service areas. Additional contact name - Br.. read lessRecent Review:Horrible The experience was awful with this people. I didn't know this company at all, my insurance company send me a list of 5 general contractors to take care of my house, so I pick J Benson because they were close to my house and I want it to keep the contractor local and close. So I went with them. They send an estimator like one day after the damage of the house, I signed the paperwork and two days later they send a different person because the first guy had previews commitments, so that was the first red flag. The second estimator took a lot more pics of the house and did he's first estimate, he submitted to the adjuster and it passed just fine. But then it took them almost one whole month before any one started to work in my house, not a single nail was removed or anything. Then I found out that numerous contractors were going in and out of my house with out me knowing it. Finally the work started and the job "foreman" got involved, this guy was even worst, he only called and picked up the phone when he need it something for me other ways good luck trying to get a hold of him. This guy should be FIRED and never allowed to work on the field again. One day I called him and he's answer was "what do you need, I am kind of busy right now" Awesome. Then I asked for an estimate to build a brand new bathroom in the basement. The estimator give me he's quote and we agreed on the price, so they started the project about one month after the paperwork was signed. About 80% of the work was done when I found out that the estimator "FORGOT" to add the toilet and the tub on the estimate!!!!!! How can any one do that????? So I had to came up with that $$$ And then there was the communication with office personnel. Since day one right after I signed the paperwork I offer to give them money, the estimator said "some one from the office will contact you" NO one ever did, weeks went by with out a single person contacting me about money. Finally some one did and every time we communicated there was a mistake with the numbers, every time there was an "I am sorry I forgot" Unreal this people. A couple of weeks before the project was done and I was super upset with every one involved at this point I requested a supervisor. He reached out to me and we meet at my house. He right away start asking me for money, I pretty much lost my cool there and I went off about all of the issues I was having with he's people. He's answer " I am sorry I wasn't aware of the issues" This shows how unprofessional this company is I can't believe how this people are in business not only in the twin cities but in southern Minnesota read lessCesar M.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful insulation contractor articles
Different types of garage insulation all come with advantages. The best option for garage insulation often comes down to price and existing setup. Learn the different types of insulation for your garage and choose the right fit for your home.
How much does insulation cost? The price you pay for insulation depends on a number of factors, including the type you choose, thickness, square footage of the area to be insulated, and more. Learn the average costs of insulating your home.
Find insulation contractors in
- Moose Lake
- Sturgeon Lake
- Willow River
- South Range
- Brook Park
- Lake Nebagamon
insulation contractors in Barnum
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- 1 call construction1109 prospect Ave W
- 1 call construction
- Bostad LLCPO Box 3318
- Bostad LLC
- Columbus Exteriors Inc18529 Hwy 65 NE
- Columbus Exteriors Inc
- DBS Residential Solutions, Inc5116 Jean Duluth Rd
- DBS Residential Solutions, Inc
- J. Benson Construction3230 Gorham Ave
- JAY LITMAN CONSTRUCTION REMODELING & HANDYMAN SERV5224 WASHBURN RD
- J. Benson Construction
- Marshall Handyman Services2415 W Superior St
- Marshall Handyman Services
- Outlast ConstructionPO Box 16813
- Outlast Construction
- Professional Exteriors, Inc5376 260th St
- Professional Exteriors, Inc
- Rhino Roofing 4413 Venture Ave
- Rhino Roofing
- The Carpentry Works LLC1330 Missouri Ave
- The Carpentry Works LLC