The garage floor supports your vehicle in your home, so when it starts to crack or stain, it’s something you’ll want to address ASAP. Using this guide, you’ll learn about how the cost to replace a garage floor depends on a few key factors.
Get matched with top garage builders in Portland, MI
There are 11 highly-rated local garage builders.
Recent Garage Building Reviews in Portland
- EsserbuildersIIAlbert was extremely helpful throughput the process from initial review and quote to updates on the project timeline. We were willing to wait due to the impact of Covid and they were communicative with the understandable delay everyone is experiencing in availability of materials. They kept us informed throughout the process. The project consisted of removal and installation of new siding, new garage doors, outdoor light fixtures, new front door and garage entry door. Michael and Josh were on site and very professional and helpful with our questions or any concerns through the process. The workmanship was excellent and you could see their attention to detail. I have had other remodelers where communication has been a nightmare but not with Albert, Michael and Josh. I also want to mention Barry who was very diligent in figuring out a wiring problem with one of our light fixtures to ensure it worked properly. They were very meticulous in every detail and it shows. Will definitely use them for future projects
- EsserbuildersIIProfessional team that can handle wide range of projects. Employees are extremely accommodating and respectful. Owner honors warranty on all projects. Originally hired for roof replacement on 2 residences. Subsequently, hired as the main maintenance team for our commercial properties. Would highly recommend
- Tim Lea BuildersThis company is very professional. Punctual. They are willing to go the extra mile to get the job done right.
- EsserbuildersIIOverall I am very happy with the build. We had a two car garage built from the ground up. We had really good advice on the location, style of garage, and size. The price was reasonable too. There were a few problems with the garage door which caused it to get stuck while open quite a few times. That issue was resolved to my satisfaction as they sent out a third party company who fixed some minor installation issues. The bedroom is great, we are really happy with the way it turned out. We had a two car garage converted into a bedroom, bathroom, and walk-in closet. The only part I was not happy about was the timing. We signed the contract and paid for the deposit on the garage in April 2019 and construction didn't start until November 2019. The remodel did not start until January 2020 and finished at the end of March 2020. We are still waiting on the driveway which has already been paid in full. The most frustrating part is the only time you get an update is when you call or text repeatedly and it should not be like that. It should be the builders job to call and give you updates. I've now been waiting since July 2019 for a gravel driveway. Understanding COVID shut things down, but everything opened in June 2020 and it's now October 2020 and it's not done. After texting several times for over a month the gravel was finally delivered. I asked when the driveway would be done and was told "no timeframe". I asked the owner to call, no response. So I posted a Facebook post as I no longer had his number and that was the only way to get a response. I had a text from him that he would call today, and it never happened. I would hire him again but I would make sure the contract specifies a completion date. I will post an updated review and pictures as soon as the driveway is done
- Byrum BuildersWonderful! Every person who worked on our jobs was excellent. Everything was completed on schedule and perfectly. Pro was extremely responsive. These folks are the best I have ever hired.
- EsserbuildersIIWe hired Esser Builders ii (EBII) to do a large project back in the fall of 2019. We needed our driveway replaced, an outbuilding removed, large concrete steps demolished, a new covered deck entrance replaced on the side of our house, and a small multi-level deck & stairs to our backyard installed. Through the entire process, Esser Builders ii, and their owner Albert, have been wonderful. I cannot recommend highly enough this company and I am confident I will contract with them again for future projects. Here are some major facets of process that I think are valuable for prospective customers to know: 1) Bidding Process: With the exception of EBII, the other bids were vague and did not have a lot of detail – especially regarding what was included/excluded. EBII provided a very detailed bid that carefully laid out the work that would be done, the materials that would be used, and everything was included in the estimate. That is, when they price a project (e.g. a door), they don’t come back to you to ask for more $$ if they run into a problem. This happened on our job and it was worth it. Moreover, when the initial visit occurred, the owner Albert came to do the bid himself. He was knowledgeable and had good ideas about how to improve the project given our budget. No pressure or hard sell was applied. Their prices were somewhat higher than the other bids – but I have no regrets! 2) Communication: Whenever I have had questions about the project, such as the expected timeline, materials, or other details, the main office and/or Albert himself contacted me very quickly – often later the same day – even on weekends. I never once had trouble getting information or answers to my questions. This type of communication is comforting when you are spending a lot of money. 3) Flexibility: Part of our project overlapped with the COVID-19 pandemic and the associated business shutdowns. EBII’s workers worked within the law to complete our open project since it was unsafe if incomplete (i.e. dangerous drop-offs). They had the proper legal permissions and acted professionally throughout the period. In addition to the COVID-19 issues, EBII was also comfortable adjusting the project after we decided to do something slightly different regarding deck design as well as add a few odds and ends to the work. It was not a problem – they simply modified the bid slightly and added the modifications to the work. Easy-Peasy. 4) Follow-through: With any large project, often you notice a bit of stuff here or there where you think that a small repair is needed, or a detail was missed. It happens. What impressed me with EBII is that they are committed to making sure that their customers are satisfied. They are happy to send people back to your job and make things right. In other words, after they are paid, they still are happy to return free of charge to make sure the work is completed to the customer’s satisfaction. Laudable behavior. 5) Quality: The crews show up when they say they will and respect your property. I found the crew to be professional, courteous, and devoted to their work. Every day the site was cleaned up until the next day of work. Moreover, the products use in the construction and the quality/sturdiness of what is built is top notch. Our old deck was poorly constructed and falling apart. The new deck uses serious 4”x6” post construction in poured concrete with fine attention to detail (i.e., sanding corners so that everything is smooth, etc.). It is a major bummer to pay thousands of dollars for shoddy work – I have had that happen earlier in my life. It is nice to see the opposite with EBII – especially when you know that they stand behind their work long after the end date of the build. All in all, you can’t go wrong with Esser Builders ii. They are competent, professional, fair, honest, and respectful. This was my first experience with Albert & EBII – and I know that I won’t be the last
- Heavenly Homes and RenovationsBuilt in good time quality is beyond excellent friendly and personable crew very knowledgeable and excellent communicational skills to ensure desired finish product
- Teachout Builders Inc & Teachout Roofing IncThe process was involved, no denying that however they did a great job. They worked long and hard and the finished result was worth all the pain and time. They paid close attention to what I needed and wanted. They gave advice when needed and finished all jobs with perfection. They are thorough, they are thoughtful, they are clean, they are skilled, and even better yet when you invite a crew of people into your home they become like family. Thank you Taylor and crew, job well done
- Teachout Builders Inc & Teachout Roofing IncFrom start to finish everything went great. I'm very happy with the finished project. This is the third time ive had them back and will always use Teachout Builders. I tell everyone about how honest they are and about the quality work they do.
- Teachout Builders Inc & Teachout Roofing IncI had an excellent experience. My family members who have seen the house are very impressed. So, everyone - friends and family - who have seen the work are very impressed and they know how happy I am with that all, so they know I recommend them.
Garage Builders in Portland
- Business Description:full service licensed and insured home remodeling contractor, that is equipped to handle any project big or small. we are a small local owner operator company that is driven in the community,Recent Review:It was excellent. They've done it real quick, they were very professional, on time, and did everything they said they would.Josh P.
- Business Description:JLM HOME SOLUTIONS is a full service design/build licensed and insured residential general contractor with an emphasis on quality craftsmanship, fair pricing, communication, and customer service. Specializing in all facets of residential construction to include, but not limited to, new homes, additions, full renovations, exterior spaces, kitchens, bathrooms, garages, pole buildings, decks, siding, windows and doors, historical renovations, flooring, tile, roofing, structural renovations, b..Recent Review:It was outstanding, he was very punctual, everything was taken care of and finished quickly. He was extremely easy to work with, very conversational and done work we wanted him to do.Tad V.
- Business Description:Family Owned Business. No sub-contractors. We give complete Inspection Reports/Receipts with every cleaning, and Contracts and Invoices with every project. We offer seasonal discounts, military discounts, and senior discounts for chimney cleaningRecent Review:Chuck from chimney rescue did a excellent job repairing my chimney. They are fair priced and they back up their work.Richard B.
- Business Description:We are a full service home improvement company currently serving the West Michigan Area - Including Grand Rapids, Holland, Muskegon, Kalamazoo, and even Lansing. We believe in a strong commitment to customer service and a non-compromising level of quality across the board for your next home improvement projectRecent Review:I waited a year to post this. People in TC said: "No way can their crew do a good job at that price." Say what? They came in and did the whole tear down, re-roofing, and clean up in a day and a half. "No way is it a good job." People said. Well guess what? After a year, no leaks, no problems. I am totally satisfied. I highly recommend them. Even though they are in GR, they came all the way to TC. Super impressed. Super happy. So glad I got it done last year before prices skyrocketed. But they are a super good company. All of my questions were answered and taken care of. Just super happy. Barb Lardie. Stoneridge sub in TCBarb L.
- Business Description:Cost is determined by the job.Recent Review:The project was not an easy one. Our screen porch screens had to be replaced in place. They could not be removed. This was a small project, but EB was willing to do it. Big companies will not touch a small job like this one. EB had to come back to make some adjustments, but they made sure everything was correct. We are pleased with the work and appreciated them wanting to make sure everything was done wellLaura A.
- Business Description:We are a family owned construction company in Mid-Michigan. We strive to provide every customer with amazing service, regardless of how big or small the job may be. From roof replacements to deck designs, kitchen remodels to handyman services. Esser Builders II is truly a one stop shop for any home owner. We are always available to answer any questions you may have, so please don’t hesitate to reach out to us. We are sponsored by CertainTeed who offers warranties on their products for the com..Recent Review:Esser Builders did excellent work replacing my privacy fence. I am very pleased with their work. They were professional, polite, on time, and addressed all my concerns. This is the FIRST company that I have ever let come work at my home without me being there. I hope to use them in the future when I replace my deck. This work was done 2021Irene E.
- Business Description:Jim Halm started Halm & Perkins when his two daughters were still in pigtails. Today, nearly thirty years later, he owns and operates this family business with his two sons in law, Jonathan and Joseph Dannenberg. Together, they offer decades of experience in every aspect of residential home construction and remodeling, and light commerical construction. Halm & Perkins has cultivated business relationships with trusted electricians, plumbers, and other specialty contractors to make your proj..Recent Review:There wasn’t one thing that we didn’t enjoy and appreciate about hiring Halm & Perkins to do a complete renovation of our East Lansing condo. Joe and Lisa and their entire team were very professional and thoughtful and went above and beyond to help us with every detail. Originally, we were anxious about being able to find people that we could trust to create a design and suggest ideas that would work best for us and the space. From the first interview meeting Joe & Lisa our fears were assuaged and we liked them immediately. They made the entire process from start to finish easy. Both Joe and Lisa even got my husband’s quirky sense of humor and ran with it, keeping us all laughing. We did not expect to have so much fun with a renovation! We appreciated how well they listened to our ideas and questions and they never let us feel that anything we thought or asked was silly or stupid, communicating often with us via text, calls or emails and directing us to websites for ideas or clarification as needed. Joe and Lisa are a great team and often when we were stuck on a decision one of them would come through with photos or thoughts that helped what the other was suggesting so that we could understand. They both did a fantastic job guiding us through the myriad of decisions that were needed, or choosing something for us when we asked them to do so. They came up with ideas we would not have thought of like bricking some of the walls and we are so pleased with how that, and other ideas we trusted them with, turned out. We asked for more storage space and they made sure we had that in every room with ways we could not have thought up ourselves. We wanted more light in the combined kitchen-living area and they exceeded our expectations in providing that in new ways. We had some dreams we weren’t sure were feasible, like making room for a two person jacuzzi tub and they made it happen, thanks to Joe’s expertise and Lisa’s design ideas. When they didn’t know the answers they had experts to consult. I often felt like we were on an episode of HGTV’s “Fixer Upper” with Chip & Joanna Gaines. We now walk into our condo and have happy sighs that we get to live here. Thanks, Joe & Lisa and the whole Halm & Perkins teamMarjorie S.
- Business Description:Licensed and insured Concrete provider of all flat work and decorative stamping. We have the experience and the dedication to bring your dreams to reality! We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won’t leave until the job is done right. Call or click to schedule an estimate todayRecent Review:Just perfect. Excellent work and very reasonable on pricing! Details they were all about the details! Very fortunate to have found this highly recommended business for concrete.Jeremy K.
- Business Description:We do not manufacture windows or doors for homes nor do we use Insulated glass. Strafford Window Mfg. manufacturers custom wood windows for barns, sheds, stables, pool houses, cabin, porches and interior applications in the home. Our windows are made of all wood and single strength glass. Call for pricing on Tempered glass. Strafford Window MFG. manufactures Sashes, Transoms, Single Hung Window Units, Hopper Window Units, Fixed Window Units and ScreensRecent Review:These windows are solid, well built and look great. I will be ordering more for my house.Don P.
- Business Description:Builder contractorRecent Review:This company is very professional. Punctual. They are willing to go the extra mile to get the job done right.J P.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful garage builder articles
It’s time for a new garage door, but between styles, types, and width, you might be a little lost. Using this guide, you’ll understand how garage door installation costs will vary based on several factors, like materials, labor, and how it opens.
If water is coming up through the garage floor after heavy rain, there are a few steps that you should take to protect your home. We’ll cover what to do in case of flooding, along with steps you can take to prevent it from happening in the future.
Find garage builders in
- Lake Odessa
- Grand Ledge
- Saint Johns
garage builders in Portland
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- A to Z Renovation45331 Northport Dr. Suite 106
- Advanced building and renovation3030 Section Rd
- Advanced Property Maintenance35105 Markey St
- ALEX CONSTRUCTION & SERVICE LLC5513 JOSHUA ST APT 11
- All in One Builders Inc1950 Waldorf St Nw
Grand Rapids, Michigan
- A to Z Renovation
- Bel CompanyPO Box 710
Birch Run, Michigan
- Bilt-Rite Construction Co3120 N EAST ST
- BKH Development527 W Grand River Ave
- Bob Fox Home Improvement1126 W Rundle Ave
- Boss Construction8254 Lockerbie Rd.
- Brand Builders1525 W Kinsel Hwy
- BRC Construction Co.410 N University Ave
Mount Pleasant, Michigan
- Bel Company
- FED Design/Builders777 West Cedar Avenue
- FED Design/Builders
- J & A Construction Inc.5768 Leland Rd.
- J Wrozek Roofing & Home Improvements5290 Stoney Lake Rd
- JACK'S CARPENTRY AND REPAIR INC.1231 E Nye Hwy
- JLM HOME SOLUTIONS5200 Tillotson Lake Rd
- JLS BUILDERS INC16675 S BAUER RD
Grand Ledge, Michigan
- J & A Construction Inc.
- Rajala Construction Company Inc.10789 Judd Rd.
- Ralph Thelen Construction476 West Musgrove Highway
Lake Odessa, Michigan
- RDK CONTRACTING818 W MAIN ST
Grand Ledge, Michigan
- Redman Construction708 South Wight Street
Saint Johns, Michigan
- Rick VanFossen Builders429 Pearl St
- ROZEN CONSTRUCTION1915 Wilderness Dr
- Rajala Construction Company Inc.
- TAG Building & Remodeling7972 Knox Road
- Tanner Construction435 S Francis Ave
- THOMAS MANUFACTURED HOMES8557 LANSING RD
- Tim Lea Builders10398 Apple Blossom Dr
Grand Ledge, Michigan
- Tom Motz Homes11920 Murano Dr
- True Built11672 W. Herbison Rd.
- Tylers Construction Services LLC6580 Spring Arbor Rd
- TAG Building & Remodeling
- USA INNOVATION CONSTRUCTION1232 POMPTON CIRCLE
- USA INNOVATION CONSTRUCTION
- Yerman's Custom Construction4090 Ellis Rd
- Yerman's Custom Construction
- Zischke Builders5325 Park Lake Rd
East Lansing, Michigan
- Zischke Builders