Chimney Rescue Squad

Founded 1979 • With Angi since March 2012

1860 S. Francisco Rd.

Grass Lake, MI 49240

Family Owned Business. No sub-contractors. We give complete Inspection Reports/Receipts with every cleaning, and Contracts and Invoices with every project. We offer seasonal discounts, military discounts, and senior discounts for chimney cleaning....

05/30/2020

Richard B.

Chuck from chimney rescue did a excellent job repairing my chimney. They are fair priced and they back up their work.

Description of Work
Repair chimney

Category basement waterproofing, chimney repair

04/27/2017

Scott T.

Chuck was the third service we had come out and give a quote; he was the only one who bothered to climb up onto our tricky-to-access roof to check the chimney. He confirmed that the roofers' work was excellent and that while eventually our cap will need to be replaced it isn't the source of the water and identified a ventilation vent as the likely source of the water. This meant no work for him to do, so we didn't hire him for a chimney job, but I would definitely hire him again to look at a chimney issue & trust that he'll give us an honest & thorough assessment.

Description of Work
We noticed water around the chimney in our attic; our roofers claimed their flashing was fine so the problem must be masonry.

Category chimney repair

01/27/2016

Bruce A.

09/04/2015

Tom D.

Description of Work
O K COULD NOT CLEAN THE GLASS DOOR

03/26/2015

Robert H.

Description of Work
A complete inspection was performed. Some repairs will be conducted once the weather moderates in spring.

11/01/2014

Jessica A.

They are very helpful over the phone, and Chuck was able to come out the day of to inspect and give me a quote for the work. He was able to get back for the project within a week and is also just a friendly man who I was very comfortable having in my home and around my small children.

Category chimney repair

06/27/2014

Clark S.

Description of Work
We had a chunk of flashing come loose on the top of our chimney and was blowing around in the wind. They came out the same day I called, fixed the problem in spite of it being a very windy day and our roofline and chimney placement being somewhat awkward.

07/23/2013

Thomas G.

The worker arrived on time and did his job efficiently without leaving any soot or dirt in my house. I can't see up inside my chimney so I have to assume it was well cleaned. He filled out a Condition Report and pointed out a number of places that needed repair. He told me that someone from their office would call me about getting the repair work done. This was exactly the same as the last time they came about a year and a half earlier (except that they had raised their price about 50% since then). That earlier time I thought it would be good to get the repairs done before the condition of the chimney got worse but they never called me and I eventually forgot about it. I told the worker about that and he said the this time I would get the call that same day. Several days later, when I had still not heard from Chimney Rescue Squad, I called another company and had them do the fireplace and chimney repairs. Now, about two months later, Chimney Rescue Squad has still not called me.

Description of Work
They cleaned and inspected my chimney.

05/11/2013

Gerri B.

He was friendly and very professional, explained what he would need to do and completed the work in a very timely manner. Upon talking with him I found out he also could do some repairs I needed done so he gave me an explanation of what material he would use, the cost for those and the repairs- and completed those while he was here. I am completely satisfied.amd would recommend him to anyone..

Description of Work
Mr. Haskell took the heat exchanger off my wood burning stove which i had to have removed at the request of my home insurance company.. He came, gave me an estimate and made an appointment at that time that would be sufficient to meet the time line set to have the article removed. Upon talking with him I found out he also could do some minor repairs I needed done so he gave me a cost for those - he completed those as we;; while he was here. I am completely satisfied.amd would recommend him to anyone..

Category chimney sweep, chimney repair

02/27/2013

Linda W.

Description of Work
Chuck cleaned out our chimney pipe and the inside of our wood stove then he examined it to have it verified with someone else to see if it is the proper height. Haven't heard back on that. This nice man was here approx 1.5 hours and that brings his charges to more than $125.00 per hour, which we thought was on the high side.

12/29/2012

Jerry Y.

Professional, good value, and quality work. I would recommend them without reservation.

Description of Work
Install Gas Fire Logs.

Category gas logs

12/08/2010

AUDREY & Jerry B.

They did a fine job on the chimney sweep part, but we didn't go with them for the tiling.

Description of Work
They cleaned our chimney and then gave us an estimate on retiling that was hundreds of dollars more than the other companies.

Category chimney sweep

Although I can appreciate price shopping, it is not accurate to downgrade a rating because an estimate given was not within other estimate ranges. Many factors come into play when multiple estimates are received. Hundreds of dollars do not reflect much information when thousands of dollars are in play. There are often many variables between estimates. They liked our work that we performed at their home . That is where the rating should occur.

10/01/2006

VLAD W.

It was the second time I called this one-person company to perform this job, and both times I was very satisfied. Very friendly, clean, not only does the job well, but offers advice.

Description of Work
Inspect and clean my wood-burning fireplace and chimney.

09/26/2006

JEAN B.

Chimney cleaning puts dust into the home, rough if you have allergies. The company was good. I liked the serviceman's top hat! I was scheduled quickly. They clean from inside the house.

Description of Work
Cleaned chimney.

03/23/2006

JOYCE J.

I USUALLY HAVE THE CHIMNEY CLEANED EVERY OTHER YEAR. I HAVE BEEN USING THEIR SERVICES FOR ABOUT TWENTY YEARS NOW. I AM EXTREMELY SATISFIED WITH THE WAY THAT THEY TAKE CARE OF MY CHIMNEY. THEY NEVER LEAVE A MESS.

Description of Work
THEY CLEAN THE CHIMNEY FOR ME.

W.M.G.B. Inc

30 employees. Uses some subs for digging, everybody else is an employee of WMGB Inc. Cost is determined by the job. Financing is Available, Travel charges may apply. No service fee. May contact through e-mail. Additional phone numbers -Lansing area (517) 371-7023,Kalamazoo area (269) 385-5930, Muskegon area (231) 755-0826 and 800-766-0500 everywhere else. Additional contact name Julie Cowan

Offers by W.M.G.B. Inc on Angi
    Faith over Ego

I'm a subcontractor painter who's been painting 7 years plus commercial residential interior exterior of liability insurance and have all my tools

Painter1 of Mid-Michigan

Painter 1 paints interior and exterior residential housing.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, PayPal, Financing Available
    $10.00

Fireplace, Damper, Metal & Clay Liner, Chimney, Crown, Flashing, & Cap Repair & Build. Sell, Install, Service Wood & Gas Stove. Insert Logs & Fireplaces. Stone, Brick, & Concrete Repair & Build. Build, Repair & Clean Decks & Patios. Soft & Hard Landscape Design, Build & Lighting. Design, Build, Service & Repair Outside Kitchens, Brick & Stone Ovens & Fireplaces. Sweep Chimneys.