Adding a bathroom to your basement can be a difficult and costly process, but it can add convenience and boost your home value. Weigh the pros and cons of installing a bathroom in your finished basement.
Get matched with top basement remodeling contractors in Sedgwick, ME
There are 2 highly-rated local basement remodeling contractors.
Recent Basement Remodeling Reviews in Sedgwick
- Upright Building ServicesI had a water leak that damaged the flooring and sections of drywall and I had made an insurance claim for the loss. I had another company give me an estimate for repairs and it appeared as though their estimated costs were quite high. I contacted Mr. Hilchey who had done work for me in the past and he gave me a very reasonable estimate to cover the basement walls with new drywall and to install laminate flooring. The work was done quickly and meticulously. The basement looks great! Mr. Hilchey was very good about letting me know when he would be working and about how the job was progressing. I find him to be an honest and very hard worker and I would absolutely hire him again
- Upright Building ServicesI had Upright Building Services come look at my project and he wrote up a projected cost plan for me and we set a time frame for him to come and start the remodel of our downstairs basement. He helped me with finding the type of ceiling tiles I had been trying to find. I had him build a wall unit in this room also and I gave him my design and he figured out the measurements for it. The project took more time then we had thought, but he had extra time figured in the contract , and it didn't cost me anymore then projected. I have had lots of compliments on the room and it is exactly as I pictured it would look like
- New Leaf ConstructionNo job is too large or small. All jobs are treated with the same care and attention. His estimates are accurate and detailed, with no surprises. This is the best contractor we have ever had. We had a leak into our porch. He took a lot of time researching the problem, and called for assistance from a state of the art energy company. He received no money for this job, but stayed around so that he could learn for future projects. We received new insulation and properly vented fans, as well as, a new energy audit and insulation. Ian did not just jump into an unfamiliar situation. He is extremely picky about who he hires. He only uses the best sub-contractors. They are friendly, courteous, respectful, neat, and clean up each day. The agreed to deadline is met. No callbacks are needed, everything is done right the first time. The quality of the work is absolutely superb
- Bragg BuildersThe first day on the job, Greg and his sub-contractor, Tobey Simpson, came early to set up their equipment. They were early which is always important to me. They worked on the job from 7:30 am until 3:30-4:00 for the next 3 days. At the end of every day, they always cleaned up the area (which was my back yard) to make sure that my 2 dogs would not step on any nails or get hurt while doing their business in the back yard. Whenever Greg or Tobey entered my home, they also took their boots off. This was shocking to me... how nice and professional is that to not get my home dirty. Lastly, they finished the job on time and under budget. The finished product is beautiful, functional, and more then I could have imagined! Bragg Builders was so professional, timely, and clean. Not to mention, they were great with my 2 dogs! I will ALWAYS use them for any jobs! *** Also Greg requires that all of his sub-contractors be insured and that they don't have a criminal record because Bragg Builders is a company that thrives on professionalism and the happiness of their clients
Basement Contractors in Sedgwick
- Business Description:Basement Waterproofing, Crawl Space & Foundation Repair experts since 1991. Free estimates & inspections.Recent Review:To start, this was our situation: our basement has three "rooms", one of which is predominantly a crawl space area. In this section, there is a lot of ledge in the basement, and a LOT of water worked its way into our basement with every rainstorm. On top of this, the crawl space section was closest to the stairwell, so the mildewy smell kind of permeated throughout the house. TC Hafford was extremely easy to work with. Our initial estimate was fast, easy, and informative. They will actually send you detailed brochures and outlines of how they're going to waterproof your space. From there, it became obvious that the customer service and workers really cared about the quality of their work, and in making sure we were happy every step of the way. The service was fantastic, and we always felt "in the loop". The job took slightly longer than expected (it was not an easy job), but the end results were exactly what we had hoped for. What we ultimately had done was this: the team encapsulated our entire crawlspace with the CleanSpace and Waterguard system, then installed a single sump pump to replace the two we already had. To do this, they needed to install Waterguard drainage piping with crushed rock throughtout the basement (which was later cemented over again so it's unobtrusive). Then they covered the ledge and unfinished parts of the basement with CleanSpace with Waterguard underneath, which keeps the moisture separate from the rest of the basement and allows the piping to carry any water down to the sump pump. They then installed a drainage system that led away from the house (again, as unobtrusive and well-done as possible). Given our experience as a whole, we plan to call TC Hafford in the future with any needs, and would definitely recommend themSean H.
- Business Description:ARCBAZAR provides online architectural design. Services include: New Residential, Remodeling, Interior Design, Landscape, and Commercial Spaces. Clients launch a competition for a project online at ARCBAZAR.com by providing a brief description and images/dimensions. Several Architects & Designers participate in the competition. By the end, Clients receive multiple design packages and choose the best solution. To view completed projects, please visit www.arcbazar.coRecent Review:Good for initial idea generation - will not replace an architect familiar with local Building CodesJeffrey P.
- Business Description:We are a division of NWS inc EPA and HUD licensed for lead testing and abatement
- Business Description:New Leaf Construction is the best small contractor that helps home owners take care of their homes. We are a company built on the core values of Integrity, Service, and Excellence, with a focus on quality and open honesty. Our work comes with a guarantee and we stand behind it every day. All of our services are provided under the umbrella of a full insurance policy (available in writing to any client upon request) and we are pleased to offer free estimating as well. We feel the rapidly-increa..Recent Review:Our experience with New Leaf Construction in December led us back to hiring them again for a few additional projects we wanted completed outside this spring. The remodel of our firm over the winter was very successful and it was a pleasure to work with their crew. Their professionalism showed throughout the entirety of the project, from the quality of their work, sensitivity to our timeline, accommodating the needs of our business with as little interruption as possible, cleanliness of their work area, attention to detail, and staying on budget. I highly recommend New Leaf ConstructionSarah G.
- Business Description:Owner operated. Uses subs for plumbing, heating, electrical & foundations. Cost is determined by the job. No travel charges. No service charges. May contact through email.Recent Review:<p>Very Professional Company. Entire job went very well. Job took only 6 working days (during 1 1/2 week) to complete. I would rate the shingle work an A, but I had a few issues with some of the drip edges but they were immediately addressed to my satisfaction. I paid a premium price for the work, according to past bids, but Pearl has a great reputation, I was surprised they needed to be called back, but they quickly resolved my concerns, not leaving until I approved. I am looking forward to years of life from my new roof!</p> <br /Dick R.
- Business Description:Remodeling and new home construction In the central and Mid Coast maine area . we specialize in interior finish, Kitchens and bathrooms
- Business Description:WARMZONE is a national company designs and sells radiant snow removal systems for heated driveways and walkways, radiant floor heating and roof deicing. We have a trained staff of professionals that will learn about your project requirements and perscribe the best solution possible to heat your driveway or home. We have a network of subcontractors across the United States. Our consultations and designs are free and we have one of the largest selection of proven products to choose from. Call o..Recent Review:They were absolutely wonderful. Will sure recommend themjorge d.
- Business Description:in business sent 1986.Recent Review:The rood was shingled. Looked good. Now it leaks. Has been for two years. I have called him several times and he keeps saying we will be out and fix it.Never came back.Now i have mold on sun room ceiling where it leaks.I had my insurance company look at it now I am losing my insurance because of the mold. When they put the windows in they did not caulk the bottom of the windows. Left many cracked or broken trim board around the interior of the windows. The deck has started to sag by about 10 inches on one end.I submitted a claim with BBB and he refused to respond to them.I am disabled and unable to perform or pay for repairs to be done. I will seek a court judgement for this.This man works through various state programs like WHCA in Maine. <br /Allen W.
- Business Description:Established in 2007 Sustainable Structures currently has 9 employees and enlists the services of a 6 sub contractors regularly. Residential energy efficiency is our business. We pride our selves in our customer satisfaction and our long term reduction of fossil fuel usage in our home State of Maine
- Business Description:Independent contractor, Sub-contractor, Discounts available for those who qualify. Quality/safety is #1 RRP certified Customer relations is the company's most valued asset
Explore our Solution Center for helpful basement contractor articles
Shaken or stirred, concoct your favorite cocktail at the most convenient spot in town—your basement bar. Transform this unfinished or finished space into a prime hosting spot with endless opportunities for customization and cost-saving solutions.
The cost of installing a wine cellar varies based on square footage, the type of wine cellar or wine cave, materials used, where it is located in the property, and where you live. Use this guide to find how much your wine cellar will cost.
Find basement remodeling contractors in
- Blue Hill
- Deer Isle
- Mount Desert
- Southwest Harbor
- Stockton Springs
- Northeast Harbor
- Bar Harbor
basement remodeling contractors in Sedgwick
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- done right construction2 sunrise cir
- done right construction
- Right Price Swinging23 third st
- Right Price Swinging
- Sargent Custom Building and Remodeling102 ME-3
Bar Harbor, Maine
- Soundrite-Acoustics, Inc.209 S. Stephanie Street Suite B-167
- Steuben Builders486 Smithville rd.
- Stevens Siding & Window Co Inc40 Benton Plz
- Sustainable Structures, Inc.PO Box 45
- Sargent Custom Building and Remodeling
- Unversal Home Renovations25 Melody Ln
Johnston, Rhode Island
- Unversal Home Renovations