Budget Landscaping & Construction

Founded 2008 • With Angi since January 2015

Budget Landscape construction Inc, we offer a variety of Mowing services, mulching, sod installation, yard grading, yard clearing, planting, sod installation, paver patios, retaining walls, dry stack stone, concrete work, veneers, flagstones, firepits, mailboxes, excavation and junk removal which caters to the needs of Washington DC, silver spring, Columbia, Ellicott city, and northern Virginia residents. For more information contact us today to schedule your appointment. Please note, when purchasing a Storefront or Big Deal offer, please contact us ahead of time to check date of next possible service....

Black Owned & OperatedBlack Owned & Operated

4.2

4.3

4.2

4.1

lawn & landscaping (204)lawn care (154)mulch delivering (53)leaf removal (46)hardscaping (25)tree service (21)lawn treatment (18)basement waterproofing (10)concrete repair (10)Patios (9)gutter cleaning (8)drain pipe installation (3)

05/26/2021

John V.

I claimed a deal for 5 cubic yards of Mulch delivery and spread and waited for Nelson to contact me. No one every reached out to me. I then called and left him detailed messages with no response. Not sure what this company is doing but they have failed on their side to perform a task that they had a deal for.

Description of Work
Some landscaping and mulch delivery and spread

Category landscaping, lawn service, mulch

Work Completed On 05/26/2021

04/20/2021

Mary W.

It went okay. They arrived shortly after 9 a.m. However they did not bring the lawn mower with them. So they worked on other things until the lawnmower arrived, about one hour later. They did all that I asked them to do and they had two hours remaining when they finished.

Description of Work
Grass cut and trimmed; flowers pruned; weeding and Mulching flower beds, rose bush, & shrubs; planting 5 hostas; hosing down deck.

Work Completed On 04/19/2021

11/23/2020

Ronald L.

I was given a Saturday service day by this company. I called them 3 times on that day, and the voicemail was full. I canceled some plans for that day, and they never showed. I would not recommend this company. I found another company and had the work done.

Description of Work
I needed leaves raked and bagged.

Work Completed On 11/21/2020

10/25/2020

Min K.

I purchased the 4 hour deal. 2 workers came and completed all the work I asked and since they had time left, they used the rest of the time to rake and bag some of the leaves in my yard that I hadn’t gotten around to yet.

Description of Work
Lawn and Yard Work

Work Completed On 10/24/2020

10/25/2020

Min K.

I had some bushes trimmed for the winter on an Angie's List deal. They finished that work and because I had time left, they raked and bagged leaves for the remainder of the time without me even asking for them to do the additional work! Highly recommend.

Description of Work
Lawn and Yard Work

Work Completed On 10/17/2020

09/13/2020

Sheila S.

Very well. I handed them a mess. It was $168 for 4 hours labor, $60 to haul away, and $58 for mulching three beds ($268 total). Getting an estimate for another project. I have a small townhouse backyard and it's tough to get people to come out for such a small job.

Description of Work
disastrous backyard cleanup and mulch three flowers beds.

Category basement waterproofing

Work Completed On 09/13/2020

06/06/2020

Doris E.

the crew was polite, friendly and professional. they did the work in the allotted time frame and cleaned up and hauled away all debris. i'd highly recommend Budget Landscaping & Construction and will use them again.

Description of Work
yard clean up

Work Completed On 06/06/2020

06/06/2020

Christa G.

They did a great job! I had shrubs trimmed, bamboo cut down, and several bushes removed. I will be hiring them again.

Description of Work
Yard clean up

Category landscaping, lawn service, basement waterproofing

Work Completed On 06/05/2020

05/23/2020

Jill K.

Fantastic work! The team did an exceptional job trimming around planted areas, pruning and shaping our shrubs, removed a rose bush gone rogue and eliminating ivy.

Description of Work
Yard clean-up

Category landscaping, basement waterproofing

Work Completed On 05/23/2020

05/05/2020

Greg C.

He did a great job and I have him coming back to finish my yard.

Description of Work
Yard needs a ton of work done.

Work Completed On 05/01/2020

04/12/2020

Lena E F.

Nelson and crew arrived on scheduled and completed the project as requested. I will not hesitate to contact him again in the future.

Description of Work
Landscaping

Work Completed On 04/14/2020

04/01/2020

Anthony C.

Deck torn down and patio installed

Description of Work
We had a scheduled appointment set up. I left work early to make the appointment. Unfortunately he never showed up. I reached out and was advised he forgot to place it on his calendar. He was apologetic and wanted to come out that day however it would not have been for several hours later. I declined I feel like if you can’t nail the estimate I can’t count on you for the actual project

Category decks, patios

Work Completed On 01/08/1970

Mr. [Member Name Removed]my apologies again, yes i agree i didnt put you on my schedule, you agree to meet i was an hour away from you and you cancel me when i had been on the road for 30 minutes on my way to you. mistakes all human makes and it looks like you dont want no estimate from us any more. also tried to reschudule for next day, but no second chance was allowed from you. thanks

01/31/2020

Robert B.

It was excellent and worked were very professional and on task. I would recommend this company to any one.

Description of Work
Lawn and Yard Work

Work Completed On 01/31/2020

09/25/2019

John Q.

Budget landscaping and construction was great. I was having leaks in a rowhouse porch. They removed the flagstone and sealed the porch. They performed on time and within budget.

Description of Work
Landscaping

Category decks, landscaping, basement waterproofing

Work Completed On 09/11/2019

09/17/2019

Robert J.

They never showed up but it would be nice if they could give me a call to inform me that they won't be able to come. I was just trying to understand why they didn't come so I called and texted them but no one answered me. So I ended up hiring another company.

Description of Work
They were supposed to show up on Saturday to cut my lawn.

Work Completed On 09/17/2019

07/31/2019

Keith D.

Showed up on time pulled 3 large bags of weeds by 2 people for six hours and 12 hours total. Was a hot day. Was hoping for more weeds pulled but hey.

Description of Work
Pulled weeds

Work Completed On 07/30/2019

06/01/2019

Cathleen S.

Never heard back from them after accepting claim in Angie’s list twice.

Description of Work
Weed removal and cutting limbs for weekly pick up.

04/22/2019

Scott I.

Overall everything went well and the end result looks very good.

Description of Work
We had a patio and fence built.

Category fencing, lawn service, patios

Work Completed On 04/19/2019

thank you Mr. [Member Name Removed] it was a pleasure working with you on your project.

03/29/2019

Timothy W.

Appointment scheduled for Mar 29 2019 , never showed up and never called. Horrible business. Wouldn’t ever call them again.

Description of Work
Needed some grading of my side yard

03/28/2019

Nicole J.

I got their information from Angie's List. Called a few times, no answer but I didn't leave a message. Received a phone call back asking if I called so I made an appointment for a landscaping estimate for the next day. The time came and passed, and he didn't show up. No call to cancel! I texted to let him know I waited for him to show up, and that we would no longer be needing the estimate, and he didn't apologize or respond to my text. Great business practice! Seems like we dodged a bullet. Thank you......next!

Description of Work
Landscaping estimate

Work Completed On 03/28/2019

03/03/2019

darsh P.

Nelson and his crew did a fantastic job completing our patio. It was done with quality and within our budget. Excellent workmanship, highly committed to the job and results look like a masterpiece. Would definitely hire again and recommend.

Description of Work
Patio with bricks and pavers

Category hardscaping

Work Completed On 11/05/2018

02/17/2019

Stephanie W.

Work was great. Came when they said they would. Sometimes slow or noo response when I had questions, I had to call several times. Think it maybe because they have so much business. But they always eventually responded.

Description of Work
Inside concrete repair & drain well

Category concrete repair, landscaping, basement waterproofing

Work Completed On 02/08/2019