S N Peck Builder, Inc

Founded 1982 • With Angi since May 2006

1647 W Fulton St

Chicago, IL 60612

www.snpeck.com

For more than a quarter of a century, S. N. Peck Builder, Inc. has provided Chicago area residents the very finest in service and craftsmanship in the industry. At S. N. Peck Builder, our obsession with quality, value, and impeccable client service is the result of our desire to produce the finest work possible at a reasonable price. We are here to assist you (and, if desired, guide you) through every stage of the process. We will take the time to really understand your needs and your vision, create a detailed project plan, adhere to a carefully planned work schedule, select and source the ideal materials and finishes, and help you to maximize your remodeling investment. We enjoy a well-earned reputation for sharing intelligent and sensible advice with our clients, and we have the knowledge, experience, and foresight to anticipate the unexpected, identify and resolve potential problems before they occur, and manage the entire project with the utmost skill, dedication, and professionalism at every stage of the process. Our commitment to excellence extends to the community and the environment. Chicago is our home, and our roots here run deep and strong. Our LEED AP certified founder, Neil Peck, is honored to serve as President of the Windy City Habitat for Humanity, and our entire staff is dedicated to supporting community enrichment and promoting mindful sustainable living. We are always excited to share our expertise regarding innovative energy-saving options and green building techniques with our clients. Also formerly known as: Case Handyman & Remodeling. ...

woodworking (25)door installation (16)decks & porches (14)home remodeling (10)plumbers (8)lighting (8)electrician (8)tile installation (6)window replacement (5)hardwood floors (3)countertop installation (1)closet design (1)

02/26/2022

Laurie D.

SN Peck did an excellent job on our bathroom and we are very pleased with the result. Marcia made much appreciated design suggestions and was straight forward with costs and time frame. It was a pleasure working with her, the project manager, and the other professionals working on the project, who were very considerate. We especially appreciated their patience and skill in working with an older building that often comes with surprises. We highly recommend SN Peck and will be working with them again.

Description of Work
Bathroom remodel

Category ceramic tile,drywall,electrician,flooring contractor,lighting,plumbing,remodeling,water damage restoration,woodworking,home remodeling,interior painters,doors

Work Completed On 02/26/2022

02/11/2022

Diane S.

Mostly, very well. Not knowing what needs to be done in the beginning [with leak investigation], scheduling is tedious and somewhat unpredictable, as is the final cost. Patience is a virtue and appreciated by all parties. SNPeck is very respectful of the contents and finishes inside and outside the home - always careful to cover and protect a wide radius beyond the construction areas and are forthcoming with communication of findings and remedies. The end result is perfection. [although we are plagued with leaks from varying sources]

Description of Work
Forensic investigation for leak discovery, repair and refinish - off and on over 6 years and counting.

Category ceramic tile,decks,drywall,handyman service,remodeling,roofing,water damage restoration,replacement windows,chimney repair,deck cleaning,interior painters,doors

Work Completed On 02/11/2022

01/28/2022

Christine G.

SN Peck was very good. The GC and Project Manager were very attentive and checked on the work multiple times per week. The subs were polite, kind, respectful of my house and property, showed up when they said they would. All did quality work and were flexible with change orders and had a great attention to detail to get everything done. All issues brought up were addressed to our satisfaction. We would highly recommend them and will be using them again.

Description of Work
Two bathrooms, 1st floor remodel, window replacments

Category ceramic tile,closet systems,drywall,electrician,hardwood floor,lighting,plumbing,remodeling,replacement windows,woodworking,home remodeling,interior painters

Work Completed On 02/01/2022

Thank you [Member Name Removed]! It was a pleasure to work with you and to make your home a more beautiful space. We love breathing new life into an older home such as yours! Marcia, General Manager

10/29/2018

Matthew C.

SN did a good job with the project. I would recommend them.

Description of Work
Deck stairs replaced

Category decks,woodworking

Work Completed On 10/29/2018

Thank you [Member Name Removed]! We appreciate the great review! It was a pleasure to serve you.

04/19/2018

Shawn D.

Very well, everything turned out fine. I probably had 5-6 different guys in over two weeks. They were professional, friendly, and cleaned up after themselves. They did it on short notice and got my project squeezed in.

Description of Work
Interior remodel, added a closet, and extended a closet by the main area.

Category decks

Work Completed On 01/08/2018

Thanks [Member Name Removed]! We're happy that we could take care of you! We look forward to working with you in the future! Marcia Hundt, General Manager

03/13/2017

Rob R.

All contracted tasks were completed. It was a smaller project than originally anticipated, because I decided to keep the existing sound insulation of carpet and not install hardwood flooring in two rooms. I loved their old world personability and nearby location (my general contractor Tammy replied to emails by driving over to my place and talking to me in person, and their veteran President is a Habitat for Humanity exec), as well as their thoughtful pointers on my own DIY projects (painting, floor installation, etc.).

Description of Work
A range of handywork, as a first-time homeowner: 1) repairs to electrical subpanel and wiring 2) anti-tip for dishwasher 3) mantel installation and tile removal 4) caulking 5) drywall gap repair

Category electrician,handyman service

Work Completed On 03/13/2017

02/18/2017

Justin A.

The first time they came the woman was pretty late but I think that is unusual for them and she apologized a lot. It was higher then I wanted.

Description of Work
I used S N Peck Builder, Inc for a walk through but did not use them. It was for various carpentry work.

Category woodworking

01/03/2017

Anwer S.

terrrible. I called and person answered were not knowledgeable.

Description of Work
Called and were very unhelpful

Category handyman service,woodworking

Work Completed On 01/03/2017

10/08/2016

estelle S.

NO COMPLAiNTS work done in a timely manner excelient workmanship clean personal care and consideration I have hired the company to do additional work.

Description of Work
remove and replace wall and double door remove and replace decking and roofing remove and replace building sideing secured interior of house from further damage

Category decks,handyman service,water damage restoration,doors

Work Completed On 09/23/2016

07/26/2016

Shanele M.

Tammy came out to my home and was very nice and seemed to be very informed. I showed her the work I wanted done and she took measurements. It took a while to hear back with an estimate and then when I finally did hear back from someone in their office, I was informed that they refuse to give estimates via phone, email, or mail. They stated that it was not enough that I took time from work to have her come to my home to see what I needed done, but that I would also need to take additional time from work so she can come back to my home just to give me the estimate because they "need to explain it to avoid misunderstandings." They refused to give me any sort of estimate (to even know if it would be worth the time for them to come back) without this second visit.

Description of Work
Work was not done but I needed some doors rehung and work on my stairs and a railing

Category handyman service

Work Completed On 05/20/2016

Home repair and remodeling services, renovating, remodeling, building, constructing, repairing & redesigning of:apartments in high rise buildings, corporate headquarters, new single family homes, lobbies, apartments & condominiums, retail stores, additions & interiors, loft conversions, warehouses & business offices.

Appliance Repairs