House Doctors

12/26/2023

9 Bartlett St

Andover, MA 01810

www.housedoctors.com

House Doctors is the professional handyman service you can trust for all of your home improvements and repairs. We provide the highest level of professional workmanship, that's why all of our technicians are screened, licensed and insured. Our uniformed staff will show up on time and complete your projects to your satisfaction, providing you with the kind of reliability, quality and service you deserve. Our mission is to make home repair and improvements easier for you. We promise to treat your home like it's our own. You can trust House Doctors to take care of all of your home improvement needs. Our goal is for complete customer satisfaction on every job, that's why our labor is GUARANTEED for one full year. Give us a call today to help you transform your home into the one you've always desired!...

handyman (46)window replacement (7)woodworking (6)drywall (6)interior painting (5)house painting (5)door installation (4)deck cleaning (3)siding companies (3)home remodeling (2)flooring (2)tile installation (2)

10/24/2021

Margaret D.

It went very very polite they took the books away ang pull up the new one and he knew what he was doing, very professional and very good.

Description of Work
Moving out piece of furnitures.

Work Completed On 06/24/2020

08/17/2020

Amy W.

House Doctors did an amazing job! They are professional, hardworking and the quality of work was excellent. I will definitely be calling them for all my future projects.

Description of Work
Installation of tile flooring and wood flooring

Category ceramic tile, flooring contractor

Work Completed On 10/11/2019

06/14/2020

Eric L.

We received a quote for the deck. The gentleman was very nice and the only issue for us was the price. We had multiple quotes and this was certainly the highest

Description of Work
Deck build

Category decks

Work Completed On 06/14/2020

06/03/2020

Mary Ellen C.

Great, very efficient at his job. On time

Description of Work
Several plumbing issues and installing oh handicap. Bar.

Work Completed On 06/03/2020

05/07/2020

Paul Y.

we appreciate the estimate but decided to go with other options.

Description of Work
assembly of shed

Work Completed On 05/06/2020

11/14/2019

James D.

Excellent. The guy who did the repairs (Ted) was a retired housing authority maintenance repairman. Perfect person for handling various jobs. The price was very reasonable. Will use them again.

Description of Work
Stair repairs, ceiling repairs, painting, back splash caulking, difficult bulb replacement, lattice installed under deck.

Category handyman service, deck cleaning, woodworking, house painters, interior painters

Work Completed On 11/12/2019

07/10/2019

Nancy T.

Excellent - the repair was done, with improvements to avoid a repeat of the damage to the door. The repairman was prompt, polite, and very tolerant of my nosy dog.

Description of Work
Storm door repair

Category handyman service, doors

Work Completed On 07/08/2019

06/12/2019

Susan M.

It was horrible. The painters was fantastic , they did an excellent job. But the Owner was extremely rude,he was a bully and threatening a senior woman like me.He didn't wanna hear that there was reverse mortgage waiting be paid though them. He was yelling at me, threatened me with lawyers and threatened me that he would take me to court. .

Description of Work
Hired to point the trim and garage. He noticed that my windows needed to be re glazed and painted so he suggested to do it and charge me another dollars for that.

Work Completed On 05/13/2019

Wesley A.

It was amazing! They are reliable, on time, super clean and very trustworthy.

Description of Work
They installed a range hood, dishwasher, closet and garbage disposal.

Category drywall, handyman service

Work Completed On 03/05/2019

Beverley B.

I've been using them for the last 8 years. They're fantastic. They were out here, had more people than I expected but they went through many obstacles to find the leak. They fixed it and replaced all tiles that needed to be replaced. I've received good feedback from people I've recommended this company to so far. Twice in the last 8 years they said I didn't need the work I asked them to do which saved me money.

Description of Work
They fixed a leak on my roof which came through the ceiling which they fixed as well.

Category drywall, handyman service

Work Completed On 11/30/2018

Chris S.

It went great. They're very consultative and communicative. They always called if they were running late. Their prices are competitive as well.

Description of Work
They helped re-frame a cabinet around a small refrigerator space in my kitchen.

Work Completed On 02/06/2019

01/17/2019

Deborah R.

Contacted business, explained my need, whoever I spoke to on the phone did not know if they could do the job. I was called back later and told they do not do carpeting work.

Description of Work
I was looking for a section of carpet padding to be replaced, and the carpet to be reinstalled.

Category flooring contractor

Work Completed On 01/17/2019

03/23/2018

Marco B.

Responded but said “...we do not currently service your area”. Even though their website mentions having helped clients all over the U.S. My town is about 20 miles from their location.

Description of Work
Roof repair and ceiling replacement

Category handyman service

We are a national franchise with Franchises all over the US. The territories are defined by the corporate office in Ohio. Unfortunately Angie's list does provide our name to customers outside our territory

08/24/2017

karen M.

It went excellent !!!! I called Doug on Wednesday morning, he returned my call Wednesday afternoon, made an appointment for the following Wednesday at 9:30 AM, right on the nose he was there, we did the walk-through of everything that this large home needed. Within a day I receive the estimate, we agreed on the price, said he would be there on the 11 September, and they were. Very professional!!! Doug would call to make sure everything was going well. When I decided to put on a new garage door I showed him a photo and he took it from there, next thing I knew the garage door was up. I have been raving about Doug and his business "House Doctors" since they started the work. When ever I need more work done on my home I will definitely call Doug in a heartbeat. Thank you so much Doug.

Description of Work
All three of my porches in certain areas were rotting, I needed the risers replaced and painted. The mahogany in areas replaced and stained. My three porches painted and stained. A new garage door

Category handyman service, deck cleaning, house painters

Work Completed On 09/12/2017

Review for House Doctors - 9 Bartlett St, Andover, MA - 36314686

07/25/2017

Maurits G.

They had also repaired a leak in the ceiling actually, the same leak that another company came back and repaired again, but it was from another. The cause was different, so we had to have it done at the ceiling fixed again. It was definitely a lot less because all they did was the ceiling. They didn't repair the leak, that was done by a plumber that we already had been working with before we bought this house. They just cut away all the damage ceiling and put in plaster, wood, then painted and sealed it. I probably disliked the painting part; they sprayed, not just painted and it got on the wall and they had to come back and paint the wall.

Description of Work
They repaired a leak in the ceiling.

Category drywall, interior painters

Work Completed On 04/15/2016

03/08/2017

Edward C.

The House Doctors crew did a very good job on work that turned out to be more difficult than originally projected. & the cost was below the original estimate.

Description of Work
Replace 4 basement windows (including one that was broken) with enery-efficient windows.

Category handyman service, replacement windows

Work Completed On 03/08/2017

02/13/2017

Tammy G.

They responded and they were fine they were pleasant but it just didn't work out.

Description of Work
I think they came out and gave me an estimate and so they were fine. They were absolutely more than I was looking for.

Category interior painters

07/07/2016

Matthew N.

All went well. It took about 3 days to complete. They showed up on time, cleaned up all messes and did an overall good job. I plan to use them down the road.

Description of Work
Replaced a rotting outside support beam and siding.

Category handyman service, siding

Work Completed On 06/20/2016

03/31/2016

Susan B.

The partial tear out became a complete tear out due to safety reasons. I was ok with that. However, I was asked to accompany the owner to Menards and purchase the materials myself. For some of the materials he didn't seem to know what he needed...wood and paneling were cut inside instead of outside - leaving a layer of heavy dust everywhere. Debris was left at my home for me to dispose of. Trim work was poor and will need to be redone.

Description of Work
I hired them to redo a closet in my attic bedroom. We agreed that it would be a partial tear out, add paneling to the walls, install flooring that was available - left from doing the bedroom floor - and basically turn it into a usable, prettier space. They quoted a price for the labor and stated that materials would be extra and I would be billed for them when they provided a receipt at the end of the job.

Category remodeling

Work Completed On 03/28/2016

We are based in Andover MA. We have never done work in or visited Cedar Rapids IA. We do not know nor have ever met [Member Name Removed] Obviously This review is directed at the wrong company. We cover sections of Massachusetts. Iowa would be quite a commute!

09/30/2015

Richard G.

The materials used were very low quality. The project was left unfinished. Had several issues after the job was done.

Description of Work
He re-did my floor, ceiling pannels, painting, door knob, and some other remodeling in my bathroom.

07/07/2014

Christine D.

I went with this provider because of the high ratings on Angie's List. The mistake I made was that I had not met with them in person nor was I there when the work was done. I put my entire trust because of the rating on the List. Wrong...folks make sure you are there when work is done and meet with the person. The railings were completed in about 2 hours which would make it impossible for the work to be professionally done. My railings still have bumps where the rusting was not scraped properly...unfortunately it is now painted over. I also found them to be very expensive for the work. I think this is a company that employes people as handymen...the best thing is to go with someone who works for themselves and can provide personal service.

Description of Work
They were to scrape wrought iron railings of rust and repaint

Work Completed On 06/04/2014

11/17/2013

Jaime Q.

Got rid of a birds nest that was in my chimney.

Description of Work
Odd jobs around my condo unit. All worked the entire time and was very helpful.

Work Completed On 11/11/2013