A trusting homeowner-contractor relationship is essential, and, unfortunately, that’s not always the case. We’ve listed some telltale signs that may indicate a bad contractor.
Get matched with top home remodeling contractors in Providence, KY
There are 6 highly-rated local home remodeling contractors.
Recent Home Remodeling Reviews in Providence
- Empire Construction & RemodelingJob went excellent! Had a full remodel rip out old, in with new kitchen and dining area project. Empire took it head on and done an amazing job, I had an island, counters,cabinets and a pantry put in aswell as 8 floor trusses replaced and new hardwood. Shawn and the guys really exceeded my expectations. finished the job under budget and in a timely manner. will be a returning customer for a patio sun room. Great company great people very trustworthy never felt any unsettlement
- Empire Construction & RemodelingMy family and I couldn’t have found a company to do a more thorough and quality job. Every detail exceeded our expectations. The craftsmanship done has brought so much to our home. We highly recommend Empire Construction & Remodeling.
- Domain Construction LLCI've worked with these guys for years, and truly enjoy the experience every time. They care about the work that they do, and their clients home. They approach any unforeseen problems as an opportunity to create solutions. They have very positive, professional attitudes, and do quality work at a very fair price. I've worked with a lot of other companies over the years but once I worked with them they're one of the very few that I feel confident in recommending
- Envision RemodelingVery prompt, neat, and clean. Didn’t even know the installers were on the premises. Would highly recommend. Love my new walk in shower!
- Williams Quality Construction LLCNoah is very professional. And he cares about his work . He is a perfectionist so you can always expect a great job!
- Williams Quality Construction LLCNoah & his crews are very professional. A joy to have such a responsible & professional person do almost anything you need done
- Dixon Designs and ConstructionGreg really set himself apart from other contractors in my book because he really listened, he came out and listened as I explained what it was that I wanted and then delivered exactly that. He finished everything in a very timely manner which was great. He explained everything along the way which made the whole thing a very pleasant experience. I would definitely use Dixon Designs again and would recommend to anyon
- Envision RemodelingWonderful experience! Brian is an awesome guy, he was on time and got the bathroom done quickly and it looks great! Would highly recommend.
- Envision RemodelingBrian and Leigh were so incredible to work with!! 10/10 would recommend using Envision Remodeling for your next bathroom remodel!
- Envision RemodelingSteven and Tyler were great workers. They were very clean throughout the process. Much less mess than we thought. Very thorough and found further issues that we had fixed that saved us issues in the future. The job timing met our expectations. We are very grateful for a job well done and wish we had done it earlier. Thank you for two wonderful bathrooms
Home Remodeling Contractors in Providence
- Business Description:Counter Culture Plus is Lexington's most personal surface contractor. We have every award in Central Kentucky, including multiple Super Service Awards here, as well as the highest rating on Google, Houzz, Facebook and seemingly everywhere in our area for consistently and comprehensively delivering a superior experience. In 2018, after over a decade of service to the company, GJ Gerard purchased Counter Culture and his wife Jena, joined the already amazing team, including the legendary Lesli..Recent Review:I am beyond impressed with the work and customer service provided by Counter Culture! They truly went above and beyond to ensure that we had a exceptional experience. We visited quite a few different granite/quartz showrooms in Lexington and found that Counter Culture had the best selection for white quartz and was reasonably priced. What really made our experience so great was that after the counters had been installed, that evening we realized we needed our dishwasher bracketed to the counters. We texted GJ (the President of Counter Culture) and he came out at 7:00pm that same night. We were not expecting him to drop everything and come out that night and were blown away by the level of care and customer service he provided. While the counters and workmanship is beautiful, I think our experience speaks volumes to the overall experience and attention you will receive as a customer hereRebecca D.
- Business Description:We have the experience and dedication to bring your dreams to reality! We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won’t leave until the job is done right. Call or click to schedule a free estimate today!Recent Review:7/10 for quality of work. 10/10 for quality of service. Some flaws were found in the drywall, however James quickly came back to the job site to fix them, even after payment.Jacob H.
- Business Description:By providing our clients with professional and knowledgeable specialists, we’re able to add beauty and enjoyment to their kitchens and bathrooms. Delivering custom countertops from the simplest kitchen/bathroom vanity to large intricate projects Pyramid is able to do it all. When incorporating stone products throughout the home or office, Pyramid adds the perfect finishing touches every time! At Pyramid we have the expertise to provide our service to the commercial industry as well. With a re..Recent Review:It went so well!! We heard about Pyramid through a trusted friend and will definitely use them on our next project. They had a better price than the other places we were looking at and had more selection that to me, seemed to be better quality! The installers were clean and respectful. If you want a classy and stunning job use this companyDeanna B.
- Business Description:Classic Copper Works uses time honored German copper smith techniques handed down from father to son and passed on to our highly skilled artisans. We specialize in the fabrication of custom copper & bronze products and other metal specialties. WE DO NOT OFFER REPAIR SERVICES OF ANY KIND. Additional phone number - (888) 908-5339Recent Review:They was out of state and was not able to do work. Could not find someone in my area.L S.
- Business Description:ARCBAZAR provides online architectural design. Services include: New Residential, Remodeling, Interior Design, Landscape, and Commercial Spaces. Clients launch a competition for a project online at ARCBAZAR.com by providing a brief description and images/dimensions. Several Architects & Designers participate in the competition. By the end, Clients receive multiple design packages and choose the best solution. To view completed projects, please visit www.arcbazar.coRecent Review:Good for initial idea generation - will not replace an architect familiar with local Building CodesJeffrey P.
- Recent Review:It went very well! Tim came to the apartment and looked at the issue. He told me that he will place the order for the new and more efficient unit than the old boiler and install asap. Tim's crew came the following Monday to demolish the old boiler and installed the new boiler on the same day. The new boiler was up and running on the same day. It was a smooth startupAngie L.
- Business Description:I am Randall with 1st Class Countertop Company. We specialize in fabricating granite to meet your kitchen's exact needs. NO ONE in the state of Tennessee has the will or desire to save you money and obtain your business like we do! We do not require a 50% down payment like these other companies. You can pay us at the end of installation when you are completely satisfied. Please give us a call to set up a free in home estimate today, and let me see what deals I can provide you and your family,..Recent Review:1 out of 5 stars. First, we want to briefly commend the quality of the actual workmanship of the granite countertops installed by Randy Shores, owner of 1st Class Countertops. They are beautiful and we are pleased with them. There was only one seam, and the granite was so well matched by Randy that it appears almost seamless. The work ethic of Randy and his son Randy, Jr., and their working relationship, are highly commendable. We actually visited Randy’s shop to deliver our signed contract, pick out our new sink, and leave the required 50% front-end deposit. We genuinely like him, and we were initially quite excited about doing business with him. The second and most important part of our review is about the clean-up fiasco that came afterward, the unbelievable demo and installation mess left behind for us to deal with. This was due to Randy’s cutting the opening for the stovetop inside the house with no protective barrier. Absolutely nothing was cleaned up after the installation by Randy and his son. It’s now almost three weeks after their installation as I write this review, and we’re still cleaning up, hiring outside help, and dealing with the toxic granite dust that settled into and on literally everything. The fine dust covered not only everything in the kitchen itself where the new counters were installed, but also — with our home’s open floor plan — in the entrance area, the music room with a grand piano, the dining area, an open hallway, our living room, and the den which has a vaulted ceiling. Only the three bedrooms with closed doors were spared; every other room in our home and literally everything in them were covered in a thick layer of toxic granite dust. Everything from the ceiling fans and chandeliers, down to the Oriental rugs and hardwood floors, and everything else in between, were totally covered with a thick layer of the fine, toxic granite dust. All the door frames and baseboards, valuable works of art, a rare books collection, the grand piano, an acoustic guitar, and more than 20 pieces of heirloom furniture (including 13 upholstered chairs and sofas), were covered with the toxic dust. All the curtains and drapes for eleven windows were totally permeated with the dust, requiring removal, cleaning, and re-hanging. The damage to our home is overwhelming! Randy had received a very high recommendation from a trusted source where our slabs of granite were purchased, and we read every review on his website from previous customers. Almost all of the reviews were glowing, and the parts we were particularly interested in and most impressed by were the consistent reports of his thorough clean-up afterward. Here are few verbatim quotes from those reviews: The Team of Randy and Randy Jr. came in and took out the old countertops without making a big mess; . . . they even clean up everything before they leave; They did an excellent job cleaning up after the job; I expected to come home to a mess, but everything was as clean as it was when I left this morning. I couldn't be happier. I was completely satisfied with every detail. They cleaned up every little mess . . ., etc. We had every reasonable belief and expectation that these glowing, excellent reviews reflected the quality of what we were to expect from Randy and 1st Class Countertops. Nothing could have been further from the truth! In addition to already hiring six men to assist us, we’ve personally spent more than 150 total man-hours on the massive clean-up over these past three weeks, and there is still considerably more to do. Christmas is just three days away as I write this, and there is no way we can possibly complete the huge clean-up. We’ve already spent more than $1,000 out-of-pocket on this clean-up, more than half of it paid to immediately have our duct work and all vents cleaned out, because it was quickly determined that the granite dust was continuing to circulate throughout the entire system and into every room of our home. Randy, in fact, did not even cover the vents in the immediate work area when he was cutting the granite opening for the stovetop. The colossal mess Randy left us with hit us, as we approach the holidays, at the worst possible time! We are 75 years old and have a number of serious health issues, including lung problems and chronic heart failure. And both of us tested Covid19-positive back in November; and even though we’re well beyond the time to quarantine and thankfully seem to be on the road to recovery, the virus took a physical and emotional toll. We’re still not fully back to normal, and the health implications of what Randy did are beyond staggering. When you inhale the silica dust particles, they scar your lungs causing a disabling, irreversible, and incurable lung disease called silicosis. Randy and his son wore state-of-the-art masks and gear to protect themselves as they were cutting the granite! But nothing whatsoever was done to protect our home, our furniture and possessions, and — most importantly — our physical health. We and our home were not protected in any way; and we were egregiously violated by Randy’s decision to cut the stovetop opening inside our home while doing absolutely nothing whatsoever to contain the thick, toxic dust cloud that erupted. We sincerely hope this review will be constructive for Randy and for all who read it. Communication is the key, we believe, and we see in retrospect that sufficient, honest and open communication was almost entirely lacking. There was nothing at all in the contract we signed about cutting the granite inside our home and providing no protective barrier. We were only told to clear out all the kitchen cabinets, which we did. And we covered everything in the kitchen with protective sheets. But we had no knowledge whatsoever that a thick cloud of toxic granite dust would be generated and allowed to settle throughout six rooms of our home! Because of a business insurance matter, Randy showed up for the job three hours later that he originally told us he would start, and night had fallen by the time the job was completed. And then they just left, and no clean-up took place. Fortunately, the opening for the stainless steel sink we purchased from Randy was cut off-site; but the opening for the stovetop was cut right in our kitchen and that’s where and why this huge problem occurred. A sister had new granite counters put in earlier this year, and the workman built a tent of heavy-mill plastic sheeting 360 degrees around him from floor to ceiling as he cut a similar opening inside. When we discussed this protective measure with Randy, after he’d returned to deal with a couple of other important issues that had to be addressed, he kept referring to the “industry standards” insisting he always follows those standards. But the “industry standards” for installing granite countertops clearly say to cut all openings either off-site or outside; or, if they must be cut inside, all necessary protective measures to completely contain the toxic dust must be taken. Randy said he’d never heard of such a thing, so we showed him pictures of what’s required, and he told us he’d never seen anything like that before! But every single source we’ve read or spoken with says you must never allow a thick cloud of toxic granite dust to be generated and settle on everything, as he literally did in our home. Randy should have carefully explained his process to us in complete detail ahead of time, and he should have completely warned us in full detail about the inevitable outcome. It is definitely not the “industry standard” to leave the toxic mess behind when he leaves. Randy provided no protection whatsoever for us, our home, and all our belongings. None at all! And we’ve been left, at age 75 in a weakened condition, to literally pick up the pieces and clean up this huge mess. Randy, to his credit, eventually rebated $200 to help cover the costs of our massive clean-up; but as those costs continue to mount, that sum while sincerely appreciated, seems, quite honestly, a drop in the bucket. Never having gone through anything like this before in our life, we tried to do the research and ask all the right questions on the front end. But we simply and ultimately placed our trust in the experience and professionalism of this young man and his company. And we have paid a very great price for doing so -- for his cutting the stovetop opening inside our home with no protective measures taken and his total lack of communication with us about that. The complete lack of understanding which resulted from that poor communication left our home and our property and our health terribly violated. All potential customers of 1st Class Countertops, or any other installers, who read this should learn from our most unfortunate experience and only go with a company that will take all the professional measures necessary to protect you and the integrity of your home.maryjean m.
- Business Description:Family owned. Additional Phone - (859) 553-4246. Additional contact names - Tania Orihuela, John Orihuela.Recent Review:I would not recommend Kentucky Marble and Granite. This is long but explains why. Multiple issues. Selecting countertop was good - big selection and staff helpful. We came back a second time to look at another sheet of the same granite and specifically told them we were buying it so the large interesting vein would be at the end of the peninsula. This was written down. The man who came out to measure was rude, rushed and dismissive. I reminded him that the vein was to go at the end area. I tried to show him our kitchen plans but he said he didn’t need them. I told him we wanted a counter overhang so we could sit on one side of the peninsula and he entered that on his IPad. He was here for 15 mins. He did mention that the cabinets were not level and I told him we would have them fixed. He complained about our sink choice, house access. Very irritable. The installer came - very nice. I was so excited to see the counters especially the dramatic vein (overall the background was fairly bland so the vein added a lot of character. Counters were brought in - vein was at the wall end - exactly where our countertop counter was going. Called the shop - was told the granite cutters “get to make the last decision on how to lay it out”. No call, no heads up. Over $4000 countertop. Nonfunctional kitchen without them. So they installed them. The peninsula was not cut square so there’s an uneven overhang. Called office - the measurer “must have noticed the cabinets were off square”. Never mentioned it - only the level being off which we fixed. AND the barn overhang was only 6 inches. Our plans (which he “didn’t need” was for 12 inches. Called office - “this is what he entered and you agreed to”. Explained above - didn’t matter. Trying to fix the shallow knee room, we had the idea of buying part of the remaining piece at 10 inches wide and use decorative risers to elevate it off the counter and then tall legs to support the counter extension - this would give about 12 inches of knee room. Called and asked about piece. Was told that this would be a “new order” and they couldn’t price it associated with our initial purchase. No price break - in fact MORE per sq. ft. than for the original larger order because of this! $1295. Ask her to check with manager - no change. Asked to speak with owner - given number, left message, no call back. Be warnedLaura J.
- Business Description:Welcome to Cabinets.com, one of the largest online retailers of assembled discount kitchen cabinets and a growing resource for all of your kitchen needs. Purchasing kitchen cabinets online is something new to a lot of home owners and renovators. At Cabinets.com, our team strives to build trust over the internet, provide the best quality service and products, as well as care for our community and environment. Cabinets.com was started in 2009 as Kitchen Resource Direct, one of the first compani..Recent Review:If I had it to do all over again, I would have went with another company. The cabinets took 3 months to get to me which that is what I was quoted so that's fine but I ordered all white cabinets and was shipped some that were blue. Also many of the cabinets were broken and several the paint was scratched off. When I contacted them I was told I would have to wait for them to be put back into production and replaced which would take another month or longer. I can't be without a kitchen that long. Also, other components were scheduled like countertops and my contractor. In the end they gave me a small discount for the broken cabinets and the blue cabinets and sent me paint to paint the blue white. The otherbroken cabinets they told me ask the things that were broken were just for shipping purposes yet all the other cabinets I looked at while I was shopping around had these corner braces in place and some were more expensive depending on the type of corner bracket. One of the drawers is completely falling apart and I was told that my contractor can fix it by installing hardware. In the end, the small discount I got wasn't enough to pay my contractor to fix many of the issues I've had with the cabinets and he also didn't have a spray gun for the paint so you can see the brush strokes with the blue I had to paint whiteRob H.
- Business Description:American Tubs designs and manufactures a complete line of premium quality Walk-In Bathtubs that are ideal for people with Limited Mobility, Seniors, Disabled and people with pain, arthritis, stress and other debilitating conditionsRecent Review:This company is nowhere near where we live. Hundreds of miles away. BAD algorithm. Almost as bad the one that put us in the Tenderloin area of San Francisco. If your algorithm can identify districts in a city it ought to recognize an address that was located +30 miles away from it as NOT being part of itL. B.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful home remodeling contractor articles
Making your house more accessible is a must for many homeowners, especially those with disabilities or older adults. This guide gives a breakdown of what you can expect to pay when you are considering options for accessibility improvements.
As much as we'd love to treat our beloved hardwood floors like art in a museum, it's impossible to keep them damage-free over the years. Thankfully, the cost to refinish your floors is far less than the price tag to replace them altogether.
Find home remodeling contractors in
- Dawson Springs
- Mortons Gap
- White Plains
home remodeling contractors in Providence
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- 1st Class Countertop CompanyPO Box 1506
- 1st Class Countertop Company
- BAILEY FLOOR COMPANY, LLC2833 1/2 Blackburn Ave
- BLUE RIDGE MOUNTAIN PROPERTY PERSERVATION SERVICES2854 ASKA RD.
Blue Ridge, Georgia
- Bobby's Drywall429 West Noel Ave
- Brothers and Odum Electric
- BAILEY FLOOR COMPANY, LLC
- C. Swope Enterprises LLC7341 HIGHWAY 144
- Cabinet Giant Kitchen Cabinets by Cabinet Giant7600 Gardner Ave
Kansas City, Missouri
- Cabinets.com701 S Howard Ave Ste 106-238
- Carter's Painting & Remodeling454 Rowletts Cave Springs Rd
Horse Cave, Kentucky
- Celtstone Surfaces4219 Woodward Road
- Classic Copper Works9443 Cossey Road
- Concrete SolutionsPo Box 1413
- Cost Flooring, Inc.2755 Greasy Ridge Road
- Counter Culture Plus944 National Ave
- Cox Interior1751 Old Columbia
- C. Swope Enterprises LLC
- DIVEN FIRE & WATER RESTORATION116 King Rd
- DIVEN FIRE & WATER RESTORATION
- Extra Mile Painting211 E. Pike Street
- Extra Mile Painting
- G & S Painting and Remodeling159 Barrett Lane
- G&L Construction3026 State Route 181 N
- Gary Crowe Tile123 Tammy Branch Road
MOUNT STERLING, Kentucky
- Geiler Home Services6561 Glenway Ave
- Global Granite & Marble10800 Linpage Place, Bldg 1
Saint Louis, Missouri
- Golden Rule Vinyl Products Co1152 Spring Rd
- Green Leaf Inc.230 Paradise Dr.
- Gutter Helmet by Classic1824 Cargo Ct
- G & S Painting and Remodeling
- Hampton Enterprise LLC254 W Lawrence Harris Hwy
- Handyman Abraham260 Caroline St
- Hargis Home Improvement550 Gunnell Pike
- Harrison Remodeling570 Meadowlake Dr
- Harvels Construction & More LLC297 Powell Branch
- Hayes Construction Roofing And Remodeling LLC534 Tom Hill Rd
- High Tech Home Warranties4208 Six Forks Rd, Suite 1000
Raleigh, North Carolina
- Hampton Enterprise LLC
- Isaacs Exterior Specialist2053 Bond Pike
Stamping Ground, Kentucky
- Isaacs Exterior Specialist
- J&H Construction Co.367 Cardinal Cir
- J&M Repairs LLC.3213 Fickas Rd
- J&R Construction Co.14 Savannas Way
- J.T. Robinson Construction LLC.PO box 84
- James Merideth Drywall1204 Fairdale Rd
- Jones Home Repair & Construction1339 Osborne Fork Rd
- J&H Construction Co.
- Lawhorn Electric, LLC140 Garden Avenue
- Lee Barroll at SWBC Mortgage, Inc5055 Maryland Way Suite 200
- Lees Construction136 Harrisburg ave
- Low-Bid Home Alterations & Repairs198 Dantley Dr
- Lowe's3131 Irvin Cobb Dr
- Lundy Construction, LLC833 W. Gordon St
- Lawhorn Electric, LLC
- marrosso Contracting197 Massey Lane
- MIDWEST CABINET SUPPLIER INC23355 LOUISVILLE NASHVILLE Building H
West Point, Kentucky
- Miller Remodeling & Painting703 Lancaster St
- Mitchell Construction LLC342 Calvert Dr
- Moreland Homes LLC7462 Energy Rd
- marrosso Contracting
- ogle's roofing & remodeling120 A street suite 4
- ogle's roofing & remodeling
- Safe Harbor Construction LLC424 Salem Pike
- South Central Woodworking2166 Summer Shade Rd
Summer Shade, Kentucky
- Stanley Contracting12516 State Rt 175 S
- STEVEN BAILEY DBA TRI-STATE ROOFING & REMODELING,1151 WAMPLER BR
- Stone Gallery of Lexington Corp2156 Lexington Rd
- Summit Home Improvement, LLC442 Old Mt Eden Rd
- Safe Harbor Construction LLC
- VanMeter Contracting1106 W Indian Trail
- VanMeter Contracting
- Young & Sons Construction250 Elm St.
- Young & Sons Construction