Soapstone countertops are beloved for their rich, timeless appearance, but that great look can come at a cost. Read all about the pros and cons of soapstone countertops so you can figure out if they're the right choice for your house.
Get matched with top countertop kitchen installers in Providence, KY
There are 3 highly-rated local countertop kitchen installers.
Recent Countertop Installation Reviews in Providence
- Domain Construction LLCI've worked with these guys for years, and truly enjoy the experience every time. They care about the work that they do, and their clients home. They approach any unforeseen problems as an opportunity to create solutions. They have very positive, professional attitudes, and do quality work at a very fair price. I've worked with a lot of other companies over the years but once I worked with them they're one of the very few that I feel confident in recommending read less
- SUNSHINE MAINTMy husband and I were very satisfied with all repairs as well as the cost. There were many more over the 25 years we have known Clarence and Lynette. I have since sold my home and continue to use Sunshine Maintenance in my new location.
- Signature Stone Design, LLCSsd is the best in the business. Justin is absolutely amazing. He is very knowledgeable and extremely conscientious when it comes to each detail. He relentlessly worked hard to help me find the exact color & style granite for my home. I had my countertops installed within 10 days of picking them out. SSD & Justin are definitely the way to go! My countertops are stunning! Thank you Justin & SSD for making my dream kitchen come true! read less
- Counter Culture PlusHe provided me with other options that were more cost effective. I wish I had not moved so far away. The first job he did for us was exceptional quality at a reasonable price.
- Counter Culture PlusDJ and crew made our kitchen! The value of the service far surpassed the cost! It upgraded our home. When you walk in our front door, into the great room, the Kitchen will blow you away! Thanks so much!!
- LCW Cabinets and CountertopsHe did quite a bit of work on our cabinets that had previously been done by another company several years ago. He added a couple of shelves and cabinets for us and matched the paint perfectly. He does excellent work. He does all sorts of work- big and small. I am so happy to promote him to anyone. I highly recommend him to anyone in need of work read less
- STIDHAM CABINET INCCountertops were purchased through a home improvement store. Stidham was the sub-contractor to them. I experienced some difficulty but most was due to the home improvement store. Stidham was on time and performed their work greatly. The price through the home improvement store was about 2 dollars a square foot cheaper which was why I chose to go through them instead of going directly to Stidham read less
- Granite AmericaThey were wonderful from start to finish. Kitchen remodel was a night mare. This was the only company that I had no complaints with all. I would recommend to anyone.
- Do It All ConstructionDo-it-All has completed several projects for me, including window installation, hardwood floors, and a face-lift remodel of bathroom and kitchen in my 40+ year-old house.
- Square Deal Millwork & CabinetsMy husband and I just purchased a new home and several things needed repaired or updated. The Kitchen was the worst and we contacted Square Deal for an information on what they could help us do. They were very friendly and came that week to do measurements and plan out what we would like to change in our kitchen. They installed new counter tops and a sink which went great with our decore. We also had the bathroom counter top and sink replaced too. They did a great job, prices were good, and I would recommend them to anyone read less
Countertop Installers in Providence
- Business Description:Counter Culture Plus is Lexington's most personal surface contractor. We have every award in Central Kentucky, including multiple Super Service Awards here, as well as the highest rating on Google, Houzz, Facebook and seemingly everywhere in our area for consistently and comprehensively delivering a superior experience. In 2018, after over a decade of service to the company, GJ Gerard purchased Counter Culture and his wife Jena, joined the already amazing team, including the legendary Lesli.. read lessRecent Review:I am beyond impressed with the work and customer service provided by Counter Culture! They truly went above and beyond to ensure that we had a exceptional experience. We visited quite a few different granite/quartz showrooms in Lexington and found that Counter Culture had the best selection for white quartz and was reasonably priced. What really made our experience so great was that after the counters had been installed, that evening we realized we needed our dishwasher bracketed to the counters. We texted GJ (the President of Counter Culture) and he came out at 7:00pm that same night. We were not expecting him to drop everything and come out that night and were blown away by the level of care and customer service he provided. While the counters and workmanship is beautiful, I think our experience speaks volumes to the overall experience and attention you will receive as a customer here read lessRebecca D.
- Business Description:By providing our clients with professional and knowledgeable specialists, we’re able to add beauty and enjoyment to their kitchens and bathrooms. Delivering custom countertops from the simplest kitchen/bathroom vanity to large intricate projects Pyramid is able to do it all. When incorporating stone products throughout the home or office, Pyramid adds the perfect finishing touches every time! At Pyramid we have the expertise to provide our service to the commercial industry as well. With a re.. read lessRecent Review:It went so well!! We heard about Pyramid through a trusted friend and will definitely use them on our next project. They had a better price than the other places we were looking at and had more selection that to me, seemed to be better quality! The installers were clean and respectful. If you want a classy and stunning job use this company read lessDeanna B.
- Business Description:Surface Link specializes in repairing, restoring and modifying countertops and upgrading or replacing sinks, in commercial and residential settings, all over the United States and Canada. Replacing a countertop can be costly and timely — Surface Link offers a low cost alternative to restore your countertop to like-new condition in less than a day. Why choose Surface Link over another company? At Surface Link, we focus exclusively on repairing countertops (Corian, Granite, Quartz and Solid Sur.. read lessRecent Review:The contractor never acknowledged the request. I never heard from them at all.Jay W.
- Business Description:Family owned. Additional Phone - (859) 553-4246. Additional contact names - Tania Orihuela, John Orihuela.Recent Review:I would not recommend Kentucky Marble and Granite. This is long but explains why. Multiple issues. Selecting countertop was good - big selection and staff helpful. We came back a second time to look at another sheet of the same granite and specifically told them we were buying it so the large interesting vein would be at the end of the peninsula. This was written down. The man who came out to measure was rude, rushed and dismissive. I reminded him that the vein was to go at the end area. I tried to show him our kitchen plans but he said he didn’t need them. I told him we wanted a counter overhang so we could sit on one side of the peninsula and he entered that on his IPad. He was here for 15 mins. He did mention that the cabinets were not level and I told him we would have them fixed. He complained about our sink choice, house access. Very irritable. The installer came - very nice. I was so excited to see the counters especially the dramatic vein (overall the background was fairly bland so the vein added a lot of character. Counters were brought in - vein was at the wall end - exactly where our countertop counter was going. Called the shop - was told the granite cutters “get to make the last decision on how to lay it out”. No call, no heads up. Over $4000 countertop. Nonfunctional kitchen without them. So they installed them. The peninsula was not cut square so there’s an uneven overhang. Called office - the measurer “must have noticed the cabinets were off square”. Never mentioned it - only the level being off which we fixed. AND the barn overhang was only 6 inches. Our plans (which he “didn’t need” was for 12 inches. Called office - “this is what he entered and you agreed to”. Explained above - didn’t matter. Trying to fix the shallow knee room, we had the idea of buying part of the remaining piece at 10 inches wide and use decorative risers to elevate it off the counter and then tall legs to support the counter extension - this would give about 12 inches of knee room. Called and asked about piece. Was told that this would be a “new order” and they couldn’t price it associated with our initial purchase. No price break - in fact MORE per sq. ft. than for the original larger order because of this! $1295. Ask her to check with manager - no change. Asked to speak with owner - given number, left message, no call back. Be warned read lessLaura J.
- Business Description:I am Randall with 1st Class Countertop Company. We specialize in fabricating granite to meet your kitchen's exact needs. NO ONE in the state of Tennessee has the will or desire to save you money and obtain your business like we do! We do not require a 50% down payment like these other companies. You can pay us at the end of installation when you are completely satisfied. Please give us a call to set up a free in home estimate today, and let me see what deals I can provide you and your family,.. read lessRecent Review:1 out of 5 stars. First, we want to briefly commend the quality of the actual workmanship of the granite countertops installed by Randy Shores, owner of 1st Class Countertops. They are beautiful and we are pleased with them. There was only one seam, and the granite was so well matched by Randy that it appears almost seamless. The work ethic of Randy and his son Randy, Jr., and their working relationship, are highly commendable. We actually visited Randy’s shop to deliver our signed contract, pick out our new sink, and leave the required 50% front-end deposit. We genuinely like him, and we were initially quite excited about doing business with him. The second and most important part of our review is about the clean-up fiasco that came afterward, the unbelievable demo and installation mess left behind for us to deal with. This was due to Randy’s cutting the opening for the stovetop inside the house with no protective barrier. Absolutely nothing was cleaned up after the installation by Randy and his son. It’s now almost three weeks after their installation as I write this review, and we’re still cleaning up, hiring outside help, and dealing with the toxic granite dust that settled into and on literally everything. The fine dust covered not only everything in the kitchen itself where the new counters were installed, but also — with our home’s open floor plan — in the entrance area, the music room with a grand piano, the dining area, an open hallway, our living room, and the den which has a vaulted ceiling. Only the three bedrooms with closed doors were spared; every other room in our home and literally everything in them were covered in a thick layer of toxic granite dust. Everything from the ceiling fans and chandeliers, down to the Oriental rugs and hardwood floors, and everything else in between, were totally covered with a thick layer of the fine, toxic granite dust. All the door frames and baseboards, valuable works of art, a rare books collection, the grand piano, an acoustic guitar, and more than 20 pieces of heirloom furniture (including 13 upholstered chairs and sofas), were covered with the toxic dust. All the curtains and drapes for eleven windows were totally permeated with the dust, requiring removal, cleaning, and re-hanging. The damage to our home is overwhelming! Randy had received a very high recommendation from a trusted source where our slabs of granite were purchased, and we read every review on his website from previous customers. Almost all of the reviews were glowing, and the parts we were particularly interested in and most impressed by were the consistent reports of his thorough clean-up afterward. Here are few verbatim quotes from those reviews: The Team of Randy and Randy Jr. came in and took out the old countertops without making a big mess; . . . they even clean up everything before they leave; They did an excellent job cleaning up after the job; I expected to come home to a mess, but everything was as clean as it was when I left this morning. I couldn't be happier. I was completely satisfied with every detail. They cleaned up every little mess . . ., etc. We had every reasonable belief and expectation that these glowing, excellent reviews reflected the quality of what we were to expect from Randy and 1st Class Countertops. Nothing could have been further from the truth! In addition to already hiring six men to assist us, we’ve personally spent more than 150 total man-hours on the massive clean-up over these past three weeks, and there is still considerably more to do. Christmas is just three days away as I write this, and there is no way we can possibly complete the huge clean-up. We’ve already spent more than $1,000 out-of-pocket on this clean-up, more than half of it paid to immediately have our duct work and all vents cleaned out, because it was quickly determined that the granite dust was continuing to circulate throughout the entire system and into every room of our home. Randy, in fact, did not even cover the vents in the immediate work area when he was cutting the granite opening for the stovetop. The colossal mess Randy left us with hit us, as we approach the holidays, at the worst possible time! We are 75 years old and have a number of serious health issues, including lung problems and chronic heart failure. And both of us tested Covid19-positive back in November; and even though we’re well beyond the time to quarantine and thankfully seem to be on the road to recovery, the virus took a physical and emotional toll. We’re still not fully back to normal, and the health implications of what Randy did are beyond staggering. When you inhale the silica dust particles, they scar your lungs causing a disabling, irreversible, and incurable lung disease called silicosis. Randy and his son wore state-of-the-art masks and gear to protect themselves as they were cutting the granite! But nothing whatsoever was done to protect our home, our furniture and possessions, and — most importantly — our physical health. We and our home were not protected in any way; and we were egregiously violated by Randy’s decision to cut the stovetop opening inside our home while doing absolutely nothing whatsoever to contain the thick, toxic dust cloud that erupted. We sincerely hope this review will be constructive for Randy and for all who read it. Communication is the key, we believe, and we see in retrospect that sufficient, honest and open communication was almost entirely lacking. There was nothing at all in the contract we signed about cutting the granite inside our home and providing no protective barrier. We were only told to clear out all the kitchen cabinets, which we did. And we covered everything in the kitchen with protective sheets. But we had no knowledge whatsoever that a thick cloud of toxic granite dust would be generated and allowed to settle throughout six rooms of our home! Because of a business insurance matter, Randy showed up for the job three hours later that he originally told us he would start, and night had fallen by the time the job was completed. And then they just left, and no clean-up took place. Fortunately, the opening for the stainless steel sink we purchased from Randy was cut off-site; but the opening for the stovetop was cut right in our kitchen and that’s where and why this huge problem occurred. A sister had new granite counters put in earlier this year, and the workman built a tent of heavy-mill plastic sheeting 360 degrees around him from floor to ceiling as he cut a similar opening inside. When we discussed this protective measure with Randy, after he’d returned to deal with a couple of other important issues that had to be addressed, he kept referring to the “industry standards” insisting he always follows those standards. But the “industry standards” for installing granite countertops clearly say to cut all openings either off-site or outside; or, if they must be cut inside, all necessary protective measures to completely contain the toxic dust must be taken. Randy said he’d never heard of such a thing, so we showed him pictures of what’s required, and he told us he’d never seen anything like that before! But every single source we’ve read or spoken with says you must never allow a thick cloud of toxic granite dust to be generated and settle on everything, as he literally did in our home. Randy should have carefully explained his process to us in complete detail ahead of time, and he should have completely warned us in full detail about the inevitable outcome. It is definitely not the “industry standard” to leave the toxic mess behind when he leaves. Randy provided no protection whatsoever for us, our home, and all our belongings. None at all! And we’ve been left, at age 75 in a weakened condition, to literally pick up the pieces and clean up this huge mess. Randy, to his credit, eventually rebated $200 to help cover the costs of our massive clean-up; but as those costs continue to mount, that sum while sincerely appreciated, seems, quite honestly, a drop in the bucket. Never having gone through anything like this before in our life, we tried to do the research and ask all the right questions on the front end. But we simply and ultimately placed our trust in the experience and professionalism of this young man and his company. And we have paid a very great price for doing so -- for his cutting the stovetop opening inside our home with no protective measures taken and his total lack of communication with us about that. The complete lack of understanding which resulted from that poor communication left our home and our property and our health terribly violated. All potential customers of 1st Class Countertops, or any other installers, who read this should learn from our most unfortunate experience and only go with a company that will take all the professional measures necessary to protect you and the integrity of your home. read lessmaryjean m.
- Business Description:We here at Moreland Homes, LLC offer a complete home improvement, there is no job to big or to small we do it all, there are some financing available an we do accept all major credit cards, we have four employsRecent Review:Horrible. 7 months past projected completion time and still not completed. Had to hire another contractor to complete +$17,000+. MH paid in full except for $4,000 and wanted paid that prior to final county inspection. Didn't do work he said he did. sub-standard work, cheaper materials than was promised, wanted draws before due, only worked 20 hours a week instead of expected 40 hours a week. Has a different job he works during week when he was supposed to be working here. No sense of urgency at all. Looks to cut expenses & materials at our expense. Less than honest. WATCH OUT!! read lessLinda P.
- Business Description:DBA Home Services & A CutAbove Handyman. ACA Handyman Solutions, brings to our well appreciated customers of the mid-south, prompt, reliable, courteous service. We offer affordable solutions to all your repair and construction needs read lessRecent Review:He initially quoted me the job at $45 but by the end charged me $80.00. Additionally he tracked dirt all over my home. Worst of all when he left, I checked his work and the doors would not close or lock read lessJeannie H.
- Business Description:My business is any kind of home/farm construction. It ranges from repairs, remodeling, flooring, roofing, appliance repairs or instillation, building. I am open to small projects as well. I am a skilled mechanic will many years of experience there is no vehicle I can't fix. Just give me a call and set up an appointment read less
- Business Description:Kitchen and Bathroom Remodel. Professional tile installation, hardwood installation, painting, marble and granite.
- Business Description:Custom FurnitureRecent Review:Could not have went better. Tim was very professional and understanding. I asked for a labor only quote as I wanted to use some local black walnut that I had cut and dried. Although there was some concern as to whether or not there would be enough material, it all worked out and we are very pleased with the outcome. The quality of the craftsmanship far exceeded our expectations. <br / read lessCharlie C.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful countertop installation articles
Have you always daydreamed about a kitchen island but were scared of the price tag? Opt for these simple, budget-friendly DIY kitchen island alternatives that make your kitchen look like you've completed a major renovation
Knowing how to clean different types of countertops is essential to having a sparkling surface (without damaging it). Learn how to safely clean and remove stains on marble, tile, quartz, stone, granite, and other kitchen or bathroom surfaces.
Find countertop kitchen installers in
- Dawson Springs
- Mortons Gap
- White Plains
countertop kitchen installers in Providence
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- 1st Class Countertop CompanyPO Box 1506
- 1st Class Countertop Company
- ACA Handyman Solutions2146 Porter Pike
Bowling Green, Kentucky
- adams contracting and handyman120 apache dr
- ADVANTAGE CUSTOM CABINETS INC59 PERKINS LN
- All Precision Construction3821 Sunbeam Rd
- All Surface Resteration180 Pennington Drive
East Bernstadt, Kentucky
- ACA Handyman Solutions
- Brazilian Direct1076 Kile Cir
- Brazilian Direct
- Hargis Home Improvement550 Gunnell Pike
- Hargis Home Improvement
- ogle's roofing & remodeling120 A street suite 4
- ogle's roofing & remodeling
- Rose Custom BuildersLLC144 Granite Dr
- Rose Custom BuildersLLC
- Solid Concepts141 Pearce Industrial Rd
- South Central Woodworking2166 Summer Shade Rd
Summer Shade, Kentucky
- STEVEN BAILEY DBA TRI-STATE ROOFING & REMODELING,1151 WAMPLER BR
- Stone Gallery of Lexington Corp2156 Lexington Rd
- Surface Link4200 Lafayette Center Drive Suite R
- Solid Concepts
- Tiffany England - Advertising332 Bates Rd.
- Tiffany England - Advertising