Find out if you really need a chimney to install a fireplace in your home. This guide helps you understand your options, such as a ventless fireplace, when choosing the right fireplace for your home if you don't have a chimney.
Get matched with top fireplace companies in Junction City, KY
There are 2 highly-rated local fireplace companies.
Recent Fireplace Services Reviews in Junction City
- JOE WELLS-Professional Masonry & Chimney CareIt did not go at all. Mr. Wells stopped by on 3/1 and looked at the job, taking pictures, etc. He then quoted a fee of $1,200.00 ($200.00 higher than his competitor), and I told him I would write a check. He then told me he would do the work in one to two weeks from then. On 3/14 Mr. Wells called on Sunday evening to tell me he could not do the work for the money he quoted. Goodbye. I will let this chimney Rot To **** before I would ever recommend this pirate to anyone local or distant. BUYER BEWARE read less
- Jaimes Masonry LLCVery Satisfied. Prompt Estimate. Began work when they said they would. Completed work in very timely manner. Did a wonderful job and cleaned up nicely when done.
- Scott Baird Plumbing & Heating Co IncThey arrived and spent a long time trying to find out why the gas fireplace would stay lit. He finally thought he knew the answer. Returned to the shop and ordered the part. It was expensive.about $120. When the part arrived, they returned,serviced the heating units, and installed the part.
- Karl Mattes Co IncWe needed the work done quickly prior to closing on the sale of our house. The company called us back very quickly with an estimate of the cost of the work based on the phone description. They scheduled an appointment within a couple of days. We had some miscommunication at first as the repairman thought he was only giving us an estimate of the work to be done after seeing the damage. We explained we needed repair quickly and thought he was there to do the repair. He got on the phone with the company office, explained the situation, and was able to have a replacement refractor part ordered right away. The company then rescheduled the repair appointment for a few days later. They were on time and the work was done well and quickly. They also sent us a receipt for the work done more quickly than their usual time frame so we would be able to provide proof of the repair to our buyer. We appreciated the company working with us to quickly resolve the miscommunication about the purpose of the initial appointment read less
- WARM HEARTH CHIMNEY SWEEPSThey said it does not look like it has been used much which is correct. Suggested I add some more rock and glow stuff inside to cover up the gas holes and I could get what I needed at my local hardware store. They got on the room and verified there were no obstructions and that all was in good shape and it met all fire codes. I usually do not write reviews except for when I was looking for a Chimney sweep company they were few and far between and all wanted to charge way to much. I am very impressed they were very friendly but most important honest. I would of never know if it needed to be cleaned or not. but they were honest and only charged me for the inspection. If you end up using them off this review please let them know you saw this on Angie's list from the guy with the bad back in Shelbyville. Its always good for people to know someone appreciated their time. read less
- Olde Towne Chimney Sweeps Fireplace SalesWe had a gas fireplace that was not working properly and outside air blew into the house. We had plastic covering the fireplace and preferred a wood burning fireplace over gas. We had several companies look at making repairs but none of them seemed as knowledgable as this company. It was a 3-day job and everything went well. I have used the fireplace 5 times in the last 2 weeks and especially enjoy the blower. We no longer have a draft in our living area and the fireplace does a great job of warming our room. Our living room looks very nice with the new stone and I highly recommend this company to others read less
- HousewarmingsAnswered by someone who didn’t know the name listed on the website as the customer service manage. Asked for credit card before any work or service call would be made. Sounded like a scam.
- Williams Comfort Air of KentuckyThe owner came over, looked at both projects and assured me he could do them and was very interested. He went over some the the things he would check out then promised me an estimate in a couple of days. I never heard from him again. I emailed his office numerous times, each time being assured that part of the estimate was complete or they were waiting on a vendor or that I would hear back by the next day or...........this went on for weeks. Williams had a good reputation and this is a small area so I waited. Finally, after numerous weeks and emails I got a note that he decided he didn't want the job. A total waste of time which put me way behind schedule. The good part is that I found really good providers and they completed the projects under budget. Williams showed no respect for me at all. I have heard numerous stories of similar conduct since then read less
- Dynamic Services LLCAfter never coming out to even check to see what he did I called someone else to come out. They came out and check out the lines and said it just needed cleaning. When I ask the new guy if the pilot lite looked like it had been worked on or replaced he told me now it was the original pilot lite or at least it looked like it to him. It was old looking and burned. After the new guy cleaned the lines it has worded ever since. Never hire this man to do any work for you. He is not honest and he will rip you off read less
- Rod Layman MasonryTo begin with, three men arrived at my house without any tools. I had to provide saw blades, a shovel, hoe, buckets, a wheelbarrow, plastic, scaffolding, etc. The job was supposed to take three days. Owner Rod Layman and I agreed on $5,400. He tried to raise the price even before the job began, but he reluctantly agreed to stick with original estimate when I told him more money was not in my budget. I simply didn't have any more money. At the end of day two, Rod said it would take another day to complete work, plus he wanted me to pay overtime, $1,800 more. Mason was only 1/3rd of the way through. There days later, on day five, Rod Layman stated I owed him an additional $2,962 This was a gross injustice because one of the men were hardly working during the last three days while the mason Sunny was laying the bricks painfully slow. Two days after the completion of the job, when we finally removed a board covering the granite hearth (per Sunny's instruction), we discovered that a huge amount of mortar had seeped out overtop of the granite hearth and dried. Rod's mason named Sunny came back and attempted to remove the mortar. He was able to remove most of it, but the granite is now permanently damaged. Unfortunately, the mortar he replaced on the back side of the granite is crumbling at the slightest touch. The luster is gone and specks of concrete cover the surface. While Sunny was removing the mortar (that he acknowledged was his fault), he repaired some other areas that were problematic. Unfortunately, his mortar mix was not right and I ended up with mortar that was crumbly, plus his corrections didn't match the original terra cotta color. Sunny came back a second time to make corrections to the mortar color. While he was at my house, he redid 17 half bricks that were grossly misaligned. Most of these bricks were where the brick meets the ceiling. He greatly improved the alignment but again, the mortar ended up being crumbly to touch and the color of the newly repaired bricks were way off. I discovered, after he left, four cracked bricks that were damaged as a result of his hammering. Evidently, when he was removing some of the bricks by knocking them out with a hammer and chisel, some of the bricks cracked. If that wasn't bad enough, the mortar splatter and holes the men left all over the ceiling and walls was beyond comprehension. It's now been two weeks, and my mortar from his third visit has completely dried. The color of the mortar ranges from pink to bright red. The mortar joints are not consistent. In some places they are concave and other places they are protruding. Some joints are an inch in thickness and in other places they are 1/8th of an inch. My fireplace is literally a disaster. I contacted the owner Rod several days ago. He offered to send Sunny out yet again. I declined. We've moved two steps backwards for every step forward. I asked the owner Rod Layman if he would consider sending out one of his other masons. I never heard back yet. In final, Rod and his workers are nice people, but the quality of their work is terrible. The mason's skill level is low. If you are going to remove brick from a fireplace everyone knows you can't hammer cemented (S-Mortar) brick out with a chisel and a hammer without doing serious damage to the rest of the brick. Plus, the men never had the proper tools to do the work. They were upset themselves that Rod sent them to my house without any equipment or tools. I wish I had seen Rod's F rating when I looked him up on Angie's list. His rating varies based upon how you look him up. . One search has him coming up with a B rating, but much of that is attributed to work he did along time ago. All I have to say is be forewarned. I wish I had searched harder. Now, I'm paying a very costly price read less
Fireplace Companies in Junction City
- Business Description:Counter Culture Plus is Lexington's most personal surface contractor. We have every award in Central Kentucky, including multiple Super Service Awards here, as well as the highest rating on Google, Houzz, Facebook and seemingly everywhere in our area for consistently and comprehensively delivering a superior experience. In 2018, after over a decade of service to the company, GJ Gerard purchased Counter Culture and his wife Jena, joined the already amazing team, including the legendary Lesli.. read lessRecent Review:I am beyond impressed with the work and customer service provided by Counter Culture! They truly went above and beyond to ensure that we had a exceptional experience. We visited quite a few different granite/quartz showrooms in Lexington and found that Counter Culture had the best selection for white quartz and was reasonably priced. What really made our experience so great was that after the counters had been installed, that evening we realized we needed our dishwasher bracketed to the counters. We texted GJ (the President of Counter Culture) and he came out at 7:00pm that same night. We were not expecting him to drop everything and come out that night and were blown away by the level of care and customer service he provided. While the counters and workmanship is beautiful, I think our experience speaks volumes to the overall experience and attention you will receive as a customer here read lessRebecca D.
- Business Description:By providing our clients with professional and knowledgeable specialists, we’re able to add beauty and enjoyment to their kitchens and bathrooms. Delivering custom countertops from the simplest kitchen/bathroom vanity to large intricate projects Pyramid is able to do it all. When incorporating stone products throughout the home or office, Pyramid adds the perfect finishing touches every time! At Pyramid we have the expertise to provide our service to the commercial industry as well. With a re.. read lessRecent Review:It went so well!! We heard about Pyramid through a trusted friend and will definitely use them on our next project. They had a better price than the other places we were looking at and had more selection that to me, seemed to be better quality! The installers were clean and respectful. If you want a classy and stunning job use this company read lessDeanna B.
- Business Description:Family owned. Additional Phone - (859) 553-4246. Additional contact names - Tania Orihuela, John Orihuela.Recent Review:I would not recommend Kentucky Marble and Granite. This is long but explains why. Multiple issues. Selecting countertop was good - big selection and staff helpful. We came back a second time to look at another sheet of the same granite and specifically told them we were buying it so the large interesting vein would be at the end of the peninsula. This was written down. The man who came out to measure was rude, rushed and dismissive. I reminded him that the vein was to go at the end area. I tried to show him our kitchen plans but he said he didn’t need them. I told him we wanted a counter overhang so we could sit on one side of the peninsula and he entered that on his IPad. He was here for 15 mins. He did mention that the cabinets were not level and I told him we would have them fixed. He complained about our sink choice, house access. Very irritable. The installer came - very nice. I was so excited to see the counters especially the dramatic vein (overall the background was fairly bland so the vein added a lot of character. Counters were brought in - vein was at the wall end - exactly where our countertop counter was going. Called the shop - was told the granite cutters “get to make the last decision on how to lay it out”. No call, no heads up. Over $4000 countertop. Nonfunctional kitchen without them. So they installed them. The peninsula was not cut square so there’s an uneven overhang. Called office - the measurer “must have noticed the cabinets were off square”. Never mentioned it - only the level being off which we fixed. AND the barn overhang was only 6 inches. Our plans (which he “didn’t need” was for 12 inches. Called office - “this is what he entered and you agreed to”. Explained above - didn’t matter. Trying to fix the shallow knee room, we had the idea of buying part of the remaining piece at 10 inches wide and use decorative risers to elevate it off the counter and then tall legs to support the counter extension - this would give about 12 inches of knee room. Called and asked about piece. Was told that this would be a “new order” and they couldn’t price it associated with our initial purchase. No price break - in fact MORE per sq. ft. than for the original larger order because of this! $1295. Ask her to check with manager - no change. Asked to speak with owner - given number, left message, no call back. Be warned read lessLaura J.
- Business Description:We here at Moreland Homes, LLC offer a complete home improvement, there is no job to big or to small we do it all, there are some financing available an we do accept all major credit cards, we have four employsRecent Review:Horrible. 7 months past projected completion time and still not completed. Had to hire another contractor to complete +$17,000+. MH paid in full except for $4,000 and wanted paid that prior to final county inspection. Didn't do work he said he did. sub-standard work, cheaper materials than was promised, wanted draws before due, only worked 20 hours a week instead of expected 40 hours a week. Has a different job he works during week when he was supposed to be working here. No sense of urgency at all. Looks to cut expenses & materials at our expense. Less than honest. WATCH OUT!! read lessLinda P.
- Business Description:Additional DBAs - Layman's Masonry Estimator, Rod Layman Mason Contractor.Recent Review:Totally unprofessional. I regret using this company. Rod quoted the work, but the kid doing the job seemed to have never done it before. The chimney needed repair to the top 15 or so brick rows. I had to point out from the ground bricks that still looked (and were) loose after he was "finished". He failed to tuck point one whole side of the chimney. The chimney still leaked after they finished. I went up on the roof to inspect where water might be coming in. The poured concrete cap looked like a someone just spilled a whole bucket of concrete. It slopes toward the chimney vent and water pools on top. Completely useless. The work was "guaranteed" in word by Mr. Layman, but he has not kept his word. I have been calling about the continued leaking for two months and no one has come out. I also found a broken 6 ft extension pole in the gutter which they were too careless to remove after dropping it read lessAlex K.
- Business Description:The end product will be your Blue Prints, Floor Plans, Notes or drawings (non-technical nor artistic required) designed and converted digitally into 3D (Isometric) full color digital images. (animation available). The purpose and value of my service is convey ideas and purpose of my Clients (Architects, Designers, Artists, Contractors, Home Owners etc.) into images from 8.5 to 11" to Large format such as Poster Board or Bill Board size for advertisement or demonstration, Video 3D animation al.. read less
- Business Description:MasonryRecent Review:Very Satisfied. Prompt Estimate. Began work when they said they would. Completed work in very timely manner. Did a wonderful job and cleaned up nicely when done.leslea j.
- Business Description:We are a Hearth and patio store, offering products for your indoor fireplace and outdoor living, including patio furniture, umbrellas, rugs and other accessories, grills and grill islands, pergolas, firepits and outdoor fireplaces. We have 17 employees. Our service techs and installers are full-time employees and either are NFI certified or are working on their certification. We offer financing thru Wells Fargo financing for purchases over a minimum dollar amount read lessRecent Review:Answered by someone who didn’t know the name listed on the website as the customer service manage. Asked for credit card before any work or service call would be made. Sounded like a scam.BECKY & GARY K.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful fireplace company articles
Some homeowners want to remove their fireplace but don’t want to tear apart the chimney completely. This guide describes the reasons for removing a fireplace, what is involved in removing a fireplace, and how much it may cost.
Knowing how to use a creosote sweeping log for additional maintenance in between your annual chimney sweep can help keep your home safe from fires. Here is what you need to know about creosote logs and how they work.
Find fireplace companies in
- Crab Orchard
- Paint Lick
- Science Hill
- Mount Vernon
fireplace companies in Junction City
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- Batesville Monument464 N Township Line Rd
- BLUE RIDGE MOUNTAIN PROPERTY PERSERVATION SERVICES2854 ASKA RD.
Blue Ridge, Georgia
- Batesville Monument
- Field To Finish Construction6746 US-68
- Field To Finish Construction
- Greenscape Enterprises366 Blue Lick Road
- Greenscape Enterprises
- Housewarmings2312 Palumbo Dr
- Kentucky Marble & Granite1050 Elizabeth St Ste 11
- Kentucky Marble & Granite
- Pyramid Marble & Granite1303 McGrath Ave
- Pyramid Marble & Granite
- Rod Layman Masonry321 Stonegate Way
- Rod Layman Masonry