Building a new home can be a money suck. But if you’re on a budget, you can still build your dream home with these tips to save money when building a house.
Get matched with top home builders in Grangeville, ID
There are 2 highly-rated local home builders.
Recent Home Builder Reviews in Grangeville
- DaBella - PortlandThe first appointment went really well. Both Brian and Caleb were wonderful with listening to what we wanted for our house and the new windows to replace our old cracked ones. The technology is amazing and I can't wait to get those windows in my house!!
- Guardian HomesWe were drawn to the style and thought we had found a builder who was a cut above the rest. Sadly, this was not our experience. Building with Guardian Homes felt like we were constantly being punked. The poor project management, dramatic lateness and repeatedly botched execution of home features is only paled by the jaw-dropping disrespect with which we were treated throughout the long, arduous, and hellish building process. The only consolation in all of this is that word about their reputation is finally getting out in the community. The slogan amongst neighbors in our development is “friends don’t let friends build Guardian homes.” Never again
- Anderson Family Construction LLCAnderson Family Construction is building our custom home in Moscow, Idaho. From design services and planning to its (almost!) completion, I've been impressed with the quality of work, work ethic of every crew member, and the beauty of the home (which we call Foucachon Farmhouse) they're building for us on our plot of land north of Moscow! They incorporating a few special elements into the house, like the cornerstone (literal, 400+lb stone) that was part of our proposal story 11 years ago, as well as a butcher block island that used to be in our family business. It will be a new home with an old soul, thanks to the care and attention of every worker on the AFC crew. We feel the crew genuinely loves the home they're building, and are proud of their work. Anderson Family Construction knows how to build smart, with intelligent designs that are architecturally beautiful and classic, and also highly efficient. I highly recommend AFCs services! #AFCBuil
- Unique BuildersEverything went very good,The contractor is very knowledgeable,hard working,trustworthy, and a joy to be around.Unique builders charge very fair rates and it felt like we actually got more work done then what we had to pay for...top notch builder all the way!!We will definitely call him back..very nice man
- COMFORT CONSTRUCTION INCHad a Great experience! We have built once before and had a really bad experience. Comfort Construction did more for us before even breaking ground then our previous builder did over the course of the entire build. No joke! Avoid all the horror stories you've heard about biluilding and build with Comfort Const. They are honest and caring. I've seen the good and bad contractors in this town and Comfort is one of the best
- TNG ExcavationOutstanding. I had a guesthouse put on our property and TNG Excavation was the most professional business I worked with during the whole project. They will try to accommodate you anyway they can. They help you plan the project, problem solve, and see it through to completion. I recommend this outstanding company to anyone who wants the job done right the first time
- Wolverton Development & Construction IncWe ended up going with another builder but they have been nice and they definitely would have been our second choice. The person that we worked with was excellent during the estimation process. He had a good proposal. We only ended up going with somebody else because we liked their design since it was a little bit better than theirs and the price was a little bit more reasonable too. But their price was fairly reasonable as well. They were also the very first ones who called us. The man was prompt in his communication and he followed up on all the questions that we had. I would go back to them again if I need another bid
- KARTCHNER HOMESWe are looking into building and contacted Kartchner homes. They responded very quickly and met with us the same day to show us spec homes and give some price estimates. We were impressed with the quality of their homes, the timeline in which they're completed, their reasonable prices, and friendly, helpful and professional staff. We will definitely consider having them as a builder if we decide to go that route
- Fall Creek HomesFall creek was accomodating in every way that we could think of. They let us build where we wanted, and they even purchased the lot for us. They also made many changes to the design of the home plan we selected, which gave us the personal touch we were looking for. Not only did Fall Creek allow us to have our dream home as our first home, they went above and beyond. Their standard of workmanship is already high, which was very nice. We didn't have to ask for any upgrades that a high end home should have, like nice carpet, tile entry way and kitchen, granite, and custom cabinets. They come standard. Because the nice workmanship is standard for them, they can offer it at a much lower price than other, who upcharge for all of those things. We had Bruce Jolley as our Sales Rep, and we would strongly recommend him! He is not only kind and fun to talk to, he gets things done- and makes sure those he's working with get what is needed done. If you're interested in working with fall creek, talk to Bruce first. Now for unforseen problems. Quite a few things came up that no one could have known. For example, the spetic company wasn't able to get our septic tank up to our house due to weather- they tried three or four times but had to turn around. Due to that, the bill to Fall Creek for the septic tank came in about $1500 more than was budgeted for. Fall creek ate it for us- we didn't have to incur those costs. Another unforseen issue was our driveway. It was a slick mud path at the start- because I wanted to do the driveway myself, so they gave me- for free- a full pallet of plywood as a temporary walk path to our front door (about 80 feet long up a steep slope!) And, one more item- we purchased an additional half acre next to our property to extend our property line. Long story short, I put our driveway out through that half acre to our home. The road inspector denied or certificate of occupancy due to that (Lame) so Bryson (owner of fall creek) came and personally talked to me about it. He offered his crew to come and cut the driveway through the other side of our property for free! So, their excavators came up and gave me a full horse-shoe driveway loop, for free! They also put in a drain culvert under the driveway (another $300) for free as well. You can tell that Fall Creek is very concerned with ensuring you are happy. We are! And, in fact, in a few years you might see our home on the market- so that Fall Creek can build us another home
- Crist & Sons ContractorsThe roofers, who are part of the Crist and Sons company were prompt in providing the Seller of the home with an estimation of cost and also an estimation of the time required to replace the roof. They arrived on the designated day, took the three days to strip and haul away the old roof, and placed the new roof in less time that estimated. They also recommended several additional roof vents and some soffit work, and added those with only a small increase in the total estimated cost
House Builders in Grangeville
- Business Description:We do not manufacture windows or doors for homes nor do we use Insulated glass. Strafford Window Mfg. manufacturers custom wood windows for barns, sheds, stables, pool houses, cabin, porches and interior applications in the home. Our windows are made of all wood and single strength glass. Call for pricing on Tempered glass. Strafford Window MFG. manufactures Sashes, Transoms, Single Hung Window Units, Hopper Window Units, Fixed Window Units and ScreensRecent Review:These windows are solid, well built and look great. I will be ordering more for my house.Don P.
- Business Description:Locally owned & operated since 1985. We’ve built our business on great customer service, quality craftsmanship and exceptional communication. Creekside Construction builds quality custom homes and is a direct repair contractor for insurance companies. Additional DBAs - Creekside Construction LLC, Owner- Dave Adams and Derek Adams Additional contact names - Mike Gray/Supervisor, Steve Cates/Project Manager & Estimator, Paula Merk/Marketing-Sales/New Construction Advisor. Additional emails -pau..Recent Review:We had our restoration project set up with them, the day we got approval from our insurance adjuster, they bailed on us due to “too much work from the windstorm in January”. When I asked Dave why there was a sudden declination of the project and how poor of an excuse that was...I then got two more excuses: “I’m not sure we can effectively communicate with you on this project “ and then “I don’t think we can be successful”. I asked him what that meant...as he was having trouble explaining. This came after I pointed out the changing story we got from his estimator and how the carpet restoration was going to work. We were told a process and the exact opposite happened, I have it documented on what we were told. Dave said “he’s worked for me for a long time, I don’t think he would say that..” It was one of the strangest interactions I’ve had with a contractor. They aren’t honest, Dave couldn’t even tell me the reason without stuttering and stammering on the call. Go elsewhere..Douglas P.
- Business Description:At Guardian Homes, we’re devoted to building your dream home. Our new homes and custom homes are built to your exact specifications. We build your home, your way - and just for you!Recent Review:We were drawn to the style and thought we had found a builder who was a cut above the rest. Sadly, this was not our experience. Building with Guardian Homes felt like we were constantly being punked. The poor project management, dramatic lateness and repeatedly botched execution of home features is only paled by the jaw-dropping disrespect with which we were treated throughout the long, arduous, and hellish building process. The only consolation in all of this is that word about their reputation is finally getting out in the community. The slogan amongst neighbors in our development is “friends don’t let friends build Guardian homes.” Never againJordan H.
- Business Description:*******24 HOUR EMERGENCY SERVICES *******Home,property, and building services. ALL PHASES, large or small remodels, FREE ESTIMATES, Accept ALL major credit/debit cards, 25 years experience. ****Lowest Prices In Town GAURANTEED***Recent Review:They never showed. Not at the original time or the rescheduled time. I was billed for work that was never done. The work was not even started let alone completed and I was billed in full. Do not use this company. Extremely unprofessional!!Charlie M.
- Business Description:ETR Laboratories in an analytic laboratory with a broad range of commercial, industrial and individual clients. We provide analytic services using a wide variety of scientific methods including GC/MS, IC/MS, GIR, NMR and SEM equipment. We can do particle analysis, organic and inorganic chemical analysis and micro analysis on biological and other materials. Private water analysis is our specialty. Award winning. Additional DBA - Environmental Testing & Research Laboratories Inc, ETR Labs, ETR ..Recent Review:The whole process was easy. ETR were quickly responsive to questions. Professionally discussed in related terms test results over the phone. Highly recommend!Kevin F.
- Business Description:Tines Up was established in 2016 by Zach Radke, a construction professional passionate about his work. The number of employees fluctuates throughout the season to meet the needs of the client. There may be promotions throughout the year, please call for more information. Tines up does require 40% payment upon start of the job and the balance is due upon completion
- Business Description:DZ Home Improvement LLC does all kinds of home improvement: Basement Finishing, Patios, Decks and Extensions, Room Additions, Siding, Soffit & Fascia, Replacement Windows, Storm Doors, and interior upgrades such as molding. We are a local, family-owned business and have been doing home improvement projects in Utah and its surrounding states for more than 30 years already. We implement the highest standard possible in delivering services to clients who desire nothing but the best in home remo..
- Business Description:Pacific Northwest Builders (PNB) is a General Contractor specializing in the construction custom residential and commercial structures/ facilities. Additionally, PNB is licensed with the State of Washington with federal certification in conducting AHERA building inspections for asbestos, Lead (Pb) Assessments for HUD commercial and residential projects, "Mold" remediation/ abatement, and Hazardous Material cleanup and remediation/ demolition projects. In addition to its construction services..
- Business Description:Designer and Manufacturer of custom and pre-engineered Red-Iron Steel Frame Homes & Components. Our steel home kits with bolt-together red-iron framing assure your family the strongest, safest, and healthiest choice in new home building today! A Kodiak home is engineered to withstand the average tornado, hurricane, wildfire, earthquake, and with steel, there is no wood for termites to eat or rot. Using steel also provides for a very healthy home with minimizing organic material for mold to gr..
- Business Description:Hauer Homes, Inc. is a full service, owner operated company serving the Lewiston-Clarkston/Idaho-Washington area with quality craftsmanship. We thank our new and repeat customers and pride ourselves in meeting the type of personalized service you deserve. Our missions is to be sure your home perfectly fits the way you want to live and with your familys safety and comfort in mind. Whether you are building a house from the ground up or finally renovating the home of your dreams, contact us
Explore our Solution Center for helpful home builder articles
If you’re a fan of the Victorian era, a Queen Anne home may be perfect for you. Learn more about Queen Anne’s romantic, revival architecture and how to incorporate key pieces into your home for a regal and unique decor style.
Building a new home is thrilling for sure, but don’t let avoidable mistakes get in the way of hosting the perfect housewarming party. Learn about common mistakes owners make during the entire building process so you can look forward to move-in day.
Find home builders in
- Clearwater County
- New Meadows
home builders in Grangeville
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- E & G Contractors Inc.11461 N Rio Vista
- Energyseal Systems Consultants106 Mission St
- Environmental Testing & Research Laboratories, Inc60 Elm Hill Ave. Suite 1
- E & G Contractors Inc.
- Hauer Homes Inc.3711 11th St E
- Hauer Homes Inc.
- Ideal Construction Inc1251 Freeman Ln #18
- Ideal Construction Inc
- Nailed It Premier Services325 Ruth Ave.
Idaho Falls, Idaho
- Nailed It Premier Services
- Pacific Northwest Builders90 Rankin Road
- Paul J. Winger Electric, Inc.4120 West Homestead drive
- PLEW'S HEATING & AIR CNDTNG235 5TH AVE W
Twin Falls, Idaho
- Premier Doors & MillworksPO Box 2411 4771 Hwy 200
Thompson Falls, Montana
- PRIEST CONSTRUCTION131N N 3772 E
- Pacific Northwest Builders
- Satisfaction PaintingP.O. Box 816
- Shells construction215w siphon Rd appt 3
- Silkwood Interiors9230 S 1st E
Idaho Falls, Idaho
- Sterling Breen Crushing Inc887 State Rte # 507
- Strafford Window Manufacturing, Inc.168 Roller Coaster Road
Strafford, New Hampshire
- Satisfaction Painting
- Wellard Constructors Inc.# 9 Three Mile Lane
- Wellard Constructors Inc.