Hawthorne Plumbing, Heating & Cooling

Founded 2003 • With Angi since October 2008

Hawthorne Plumbing Heating and Cooling has been proudly serving the Las Vegas and surrounding areas since 2003. We work with residential and commercial customers, ensuring the highest quality work and 100% customer satisfaction. At Hawthorne Plumbing Heating and Cooling it’s fixed right or it’s free!! We stand behind our 100% satisfaction guarantee, we won’t collect a dime if our customer is not happy with the quality of work or service that we provide. Our professional technicians undergo extensive ongoing training so that they have the most up to date information and skills necessary to handle any job. Our technicians are back ground checked and drug tested and carry the Technicians Seal of Safety. Hawthorne Plumbing Heating and Cooling is your one call for any plumbing, furnace or air conditioning needs. We look forward to serving you!...

plumbers (116)water heaters (35)HVAC Companies (29)drain cleaning (8)water softeners (6)drain pipe installation (5)air duct cleaning (1)

05/27/2020

pamela C.

It went well. He recommended a particular faucet after listening to what I wanted. When he did the install, it was quick, efficient and professional.

Description of Work
Diagnosed problem and replaced kitchen faucet.

Category plumbing, air duct cleaning

Work Completed On 05/27/2020

06/24/2019

RITA R.

it went well, only to find another problem in another area! although i called them to return, my brother was here and the guy told him he was doing a good job on the other area. I was sooo glad because at that time I did not have money for this. Very nice and professional company to deal with!!!

Description of Work
pipe near water hose had a small leak

Category plumbing, drain pipe

Work Completed On 05/23/2019

05/17/2019

Wally G.

The technician, Charles B. was courteous, knowledgeable and performed an excellent work. I recommend this company and Charles to any in a heart beat. W.

Description of Work
Annual a/c maintenance.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Work Completed On 05/13/2019

05/04/2019

Bruce W.

The diagnosis was difficult, as the

Description of Work
One of my A/C units was non-functional.

Work Completed On 01/13/2021

12/31/2017

GLORIA W.

Both were replaced. Called the plumber to return to tighten the new faucet stem and hose head.

Description of Work
Leaking kitchen faucet and under the sink turn-off valve.

Work Completed On 12/28/2017

11/07/2017

Carla G.

Fast and efficient service. Work was done in a timely manner.

Description of Work
Replace coupling to fix water leak in the main box on the street.

Work Completed On 11/03/2017

10/27/2017

R G.

What a relief to have Hawthorne Plumbing Heating Cooling come to my house (on time) access the situation, and replace the unit all in the same day. They all discussed finance options, how to maintain the unit, etc. I was most impressed with Hawthorne's service technician Jake. What an incredible young man, respectful, honest, and knowledgeable of his trade. I 100% recommend this company.

Description of Work
My former plumbing co The Water Heater Man came out to review the Water Heater they had installed 3 years ago, they stated they would not service unit because of rust & condition But they would install a replacement unit. They never followed up so I contacted the Manufacturer to find out they never registered my Water Heater. The Manufacturer registered my unit and stated that it was under warranty until 2020. They also shared a list of service companies to do the install.

Category plumbing, water heater repair, water softeners

Work Completed On 10/20/2017

Review for Hawthorne Plumbing, Heating & Cooling - 4570 W Post Rd, Las Vegas, NV - 36485716

10/24/2017

Linda T.

We reached out to Hawthorne Plumbing Heating Cooling and they were able to get out to our home within a few hours. They even honored an old coupon we had for $25 off and gave me an additional percentage off because I had used them in the past. The plumber did an excellent job, thoroughly explained what he was doing/fixing, and did a great job of cleaning up after the work was done.

Description of Work
Two of the hoses underneath our bathroom sink broke off. Hawthorne Plumbing Heating Cooling came out to replace the hoses.

Work Completed On 08/01/2017

09/02/2017

DIANE B.

Cory from Hawthorne came out, and tightened the valve, fixing the leak for approx $100.00. Now I can have a cozy Thanksgiving! I was so grateful! Cory was great, and everything was so professional. I am SO happy!

Description of Work
My gas fireplace was leaking gas from the turn on valve. Another firm quoted me $1,000 to fix.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Work Completed On 08/31/2017

05/31/2017

Sharon S.

We have had a standing contract with Hawthorne for 5 years. No more. We have no issues with the work performed but rather with Hawthorne's customer service. After having a standing contract for 3 years...all of a sudden a couple years ago, they stopped calling us for appointments. Once we realized we had not had our maintenance done, we called and they said that the credit card we had given them had expired. We asked why they hadn't contacted us...so we could provide an update, but got no satisfactory response. Once again last year and again this spring, no one contacted us to set up our normal maintenance. We had to remember and call them. What is the point of prepaying for an annual contract if they don't automatically schedule the service? Finally, a couple weeks ago after we called them to service our air conditioners, they gave my wife an estimate to replace them for $2000. When I saw the estimate, I called and said I had some questions. They noted my questions and told me someone would contact me. Well...it is now two weeks later and no call. I'm sure I can find a firm that will provide the same quality of work and reasonable customer service. That is what I plan to do.

Description of Work
We have had a standing contract with Hawthorne for 5 years to perform annual maintenance on our heating, A/C and water heater. This latest appointment was for maintenance for our A/C.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, water heater repair

Work Completed On 05/19/2017

12/14/2016

GINGER L.

Ivan was terrific. He did a thorough search for water leaks in the plumbing including a search in the wall. He determined the issue was not due to plumbing and the only cost was for an evaluation.

Description of Work
Evaluate possible leak in laundry room.

Work Completed On 12/14/2016

09/29/2016

Jennifer M.

I have a deal where if you get a loyalty club, what ever it is, they come out twice a year and make sure your A/C is working good and they clean it. They also come out and drain your water heater and all that because I had both of them replaced by them. So that is the deal if you pay like, I don't know how much it is, 50 a year. You get that, so I have them do that.

Description of Work
Test water heater and A/C

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, plumbing, water heater repair

Work Completed On 04/13/2016

02/23/2016

Larry F.

It turned out but their extra upcharges and stuff were kind of exuberant. I kind of scratched them off my list. They probably did a good job. They got everything down on a book. I mean, it was not per hour. You wouldn't mind paying $65 an hour but they got them all listed out in a book. They had big charges. The workmanship was good but their prices were high. I would not use them again. They tried to sign me up on some maintenance agreement but what I've done is I've got this national home warranty. The workmanship was fine but the prices were pretty high. They were out really quick. The plumber knew what he was doing. He did a good job. He was neat and orderly. I wouldn't use them because of the pricing.

Description of Work
I purchased a big deal for Hawthorne Plumbing Heating Cooling. I had a leaking. They worked on my 3 way valve. I had them install my garbage disposal.

Work Completed On 10/30/2015

02/23/2016

Jan G.

It had to be redone and it's working fine now. Two weeks later, they did the same thing again. One day, it was fine. The next day, it was back the way it was. They came right away when the first call was made. The service was fine but the cost was F. The guy who came to do the work was very nice. He knew what he was doing. He was clean and tidy. I had no complaints. They did a fine job. I didn't realize when I paid the $49 that that didn't include the service. I paid the $49 and I thought I was going to get the repair.

Description of Work
I purchased a big deal for Hawthorne Plumbing Heating Cooling.

Work Completed On 01/02/2016

12/01/2015

Darlene Q.

he was punctual, personable, helped me with directions, etc. could not be happier. I signed up for their maintenance program.

Description of Work
he drained the hot water, replaced pressure cap, etc.

Work Completed On 11/17/2015

11/23/2015

William B.

Quick professional service had to come back (leaking) due to faulty components in the spigot

Description of Work
Replace 1 hose spigot Drain hot water heater Inspect Advised

Category plumbing, water heater repair, drain pipe

Work Completed On 11/12/2015

11/05/2015

Cynthia M.

It went great! Scott arrived on time.. really nice and professional...he replaced our outdoor hose bib water faucet and also flushed our water heater. He replaced our water heater amode rod with a buy back two year guarantee...we joined their home protection club which we think is well worth the price to give us expert maintenance with professionals making sure our plumbing, heating and air conditioning keeps us safe and working properly all year...:)

Description of Work
Replaced outside water faucet. flushed water heater and replaced amode rod with new...we joined their home protection club also.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, plumbing, water heater repair

Work Completed On 11/05/2015

09/24/2015

Darren M.

I called this company for a service for valve replacement and they were able to schedule for same day service! The plumber arrived soon after and gave a price after he inspected the problem. The cost was somewhat high but he nevertheless did a great job in replacing the valves. Very professional in his work and efficient as well. The drywall behind the washer had to be removed to access the valves. However, he took care not to cut a big hole. Will use this company again with future issues.

Description of Work
Replaced Hot & Cold Water Valves in the Laundry Room

Work Completed On 09/12/2015

07/15/2015

Joyce C.

The service was okay. He found other problems, I agreed with that and he charge for 60 other things was ridiculous. He over charged me for the metal rod in the water system. Now I am done with Hawthrone.

Description of Work
I used the big deal purchased for Hawthorne Plumbing Heating Cooling. He replaced the metal rod in the water system.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, plumbing, water heater repair, water softeners

Work Completed On 03/21/2015

05/06/2015

Douglas M.

Both procedures went very well. They have a monthly service plan which sounds interesting. I will use them again in the future if necessary.

Description of Work
Flushed water heater and checked anode codition and venting. Weeks later, I had them replace a leaking toilet inlet valve. .

Category plumbing, water heater repair

Work Completed On 04/20/2015

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our work. We are glad to be of service!

12/13/2014

Jeannine C.

I went to my kitchen and heard loud noises coming from the garage, went out and saw water coming out of my water heater top like a fire hydrant. Went running to my neighbors to find someone to turn off my main line and called Hawthorn. This was on a Friday night. I was told I they could come out that night and take a look. Service tech was very nice, gave me an estimate and turned the water on so I would at least have cold water until the next day. He also told me not to worry, he knew a company that would come out and clean up the water damage and bill the insurance directly. He gave me an estimate of 1800.00 and when I barked at that he brought it down to 1140.00. I now had a new best friend that was going to take care of me. I was getting one of the best water heaters made, a Bradford White and he would be back tomorrow. No sooner did he leave, his clean-up friends showed up. After a long song and dance, found out that no, the insurance wouldn't take care of it because there wasn't my deductible worth of damage, and if I cleaned out the room, he could come back and dry it out for 250.00. Bummer number one. I went from free clean-up to 250.00 on top of the 1140.00. I told him i'd get back to him. That night, I had the chance to go online and study up on water heaters. They come with 12, 9, and 6 year warranties. Well, I'm sorry but after all the water damage, trauma, and expense a 12 year warranty machine was what I would have liked. I saw a great one with great reviews at Lowe's for under 600.00 plus a little over 500.00 to install from Lowe's. Also checked Sears. Sears charges under 300.00 for an install. My tech had mentioned bad things about all the other brands of water heaters and talked so highly of the Bradford White. Problem is, there are hundreds of great reviews on several other brands and they have all kinds of new, cool features. I read TONS of bad reviews about the Bradford White. They have a quick heat now, where they heat up the tank in a fraction of the time and also are more efficient. I did feel pressure at this point. I really did. When the tech showed up and brought out the water heater I asked if it had the new feature that heats the water fast, he said "no". I said is this one more energy efficient. He said "ya, because this one is new" This one also had a standard 6 year warranty. At this point., I'm really feeling like I'm getting the shaft because I was being over charged in my opinion. This was a basic, cheap model that I was paying 1140.00 for. I also noticed that this new one looked smaller. Although both 40 gallon, my old one was 2 inches taller and 3 inches wider. I told my tech that I really wasn't feeling comfortable with this water heater because it either doesn't hold as much water OR it isn't insulated as well which will mean it will cost me more money to run. Even though I told him before that my converted garage, (done by the previous owner) was going to be a regular garage, he told me that I didn't need as much insulation because the room was insulated. He and the woman also told me that they are giving me the same type of water heater as the one I had. Here's the problem. My old water heater was 10 years old. Why would I want the same quality, energy efficiency as a 10 year old one. I wasn't given options on what warranty I would want, what features....nothing. Also there is no way to look up any kind of reviews on this water heater because there aren't any. The model number doesn't show up at all online. I did feel uncomfortable with this purchase and I did feel pressured. I got the tech to say that the unit was guaranteed and I could have it replaced if I wasn't happy with the "heating" . The unit looks ridiculous. It's way to small for the pedestal it's on. It has a HUGE pan underneath it and it has straps that going across it and bolted into the wall. All in all. I am not comfortable with this transaction. I do know that I paid as much if not more for a unit that I could have gotten double the warranty on and I have no idea what is heating up my water because I can't research it. By the way, isn't in a plumbers best interest to sell you things that will break requiring more service calls? Next time I will by a really nice, top of the line, 12 year warranty one at Lowes and either have them put it in or hire a handyman. I feel I was taken.

Description of Work
Water heater replacement.

Category plumbing, water heater repair

Work Completed On 12/13/2014

10/30/2014

Debra J.

Great we had 3 other companys over and none could fix it. But they could fix it.

Description of Work
fix a toilet

Work Completed On 05/13/2014

08/26/2014

Daniel A.

The bathtub was unclogged. The Service Manager was very helpful and provided excellent customer service.

Description of Work
The technician unclogged a bathtub.

Category plumbing, drain cleaning