Cleaning and repairing a crawl space is a big task with many potential hazards. Find out how much it costs to bring in a remediation to make your home safer.
Get matched with top waterproofing contractors in Waukee, IA
There are 9 highly-rated local waterproofing contractors.
Matching on Angi
Recent Basement Waterproofing Reviews in Waukee
- Foundation Recovery SystemsLee, Ryan and Jeremy did fantastic work and they were very knowledgeable. They answered any questions i had. The best installers I've dealt with lately. I would recommend them to friends and family anytime.
- Midwest Foundation RepairEverything went as explained, diagramed, and promised by our System Design Specialist, Mr. Nicolas Hruska. We initially contacted just the top two Foundation Repair Experts listed on Angie's List because we can't afford to have our home repaired by anyone who lacks the proper credentials, staff, tools, training, techniques, supplies, 25 year transferrable warranty, and the hands on experience to deliver all services as promised. We are extremely pleased with the final results to take back our homes basement from poor workmanship done by the original builder and owner of our home back in 1979 We purchased the home in 2001 and unknown to us the foundation had been placed on top of clay based sub-soil which was an acceptable building practice back in 1979. Today's building codes prohibit this careless and costly practice of home site preparation for the homeowner. A word to the wise, do your home work first and then protect the biggest asset that most Americans have, their home. Respectfully, Kenny L. Hutcheson, CMSgt, USAF/USN, Ret. Indianola, Iow
- Friend LandscapingMy basement got flooded couple of years ago due to heavy rains over july 4th weekend. It’s due to my home seller’s poor landscaping work. Bill worked on this project in April 2020, and fixed this grading issue around my window well. He also did a really nice landscaping work around it, installed drain tail, catch basins, grounded gutters, and adjusted grading to improve drainage, reseeded the area. Bill and his crew is very professional and they finished the project couple of days early. He kept us in the loop throughout the project, answered lot of questions and made this expensive project less stressful. I been wanting to see how his grading project is going to work during heavy rains. Finally yesterday evening we got some heavy rains in Ankeny and I could able see the project in action. My sump pump hardly ran during the rain. I didn’t see any rain water coming into my window well. Water was nicely flowed into the drain tail and towards street. I am happy and satisfied with Bill’s work. Bill and his crew is very thorough, professional and I would highly recommend them
- Professional Contracting IowaI am very impressed with my service. We are remodeling a home for my parents and needed to ensure the basement wouldn't take on water. Chris is very knowledgeable and dedicated. He and his crew are hard-working and detail-oriented, it is obvious they take pride in a job well done! I highly recommend this company for all your concrete needs
- ANCHORED WALLSFrom the initial meeting all the way through installation, I cannot say enough about the quality and professionalism of this company. They were on time, on budget, clean and very professional.
- Iowa Foundation RepairIowa Foundation Repair, Winterset, is definitely the best in the business. Justin Porter lazer measured the basement walls and determined exactly how much they had moved over the years. After checking the cracks in the block walls, he proposed anchoring the walls without installing sump pumps. Three other companies quoted me sump pumps which included jack-hammering the basement floor. Justin's crew also installed egress windows and did a great job on those too. This was no easy job. Even though the crew had to dig in the front yard to install the anchors, when they left there was no indication they had even been there. Wow. In and out in one day. Since then no leaks even during the worst of rains. Can't say enough good about Justin and his professional crew. These guys are the best
- Standard Water Control Systems IncThey installed this system over two days in September of 2017. It was amazing to watch these professionals work. On the first day, four men broke up and removed the concrete. Then they dug up the dirt and removed it bucket by bucket. They installed the drainage system and sump pump. By the time they were done, they had completely filled a dump truck with the dirt and concrete that was removed bucket by bucket. The four were all very courthouse and hard working. They never stopped. They cleaned up their work so that the basement was ready the next day for the cement crew. The second day the cement crew came and in a few hours completely sealed the drainage tunnel. It looked great. This crew was exactly like the first crew: courteous and very hard working. I cannot say enough about the job they did. The proof of the quality of their work will come next spring but I could not have been happier with the work they performed for me
- Iowa Home Restoration & Repair, LLCGene was responsive and professional. I really appreciated that he clearly explained what he observed and offered suggestions that I might do to correct some things. I asked him if he could also recommend the things that need immediate attention and the things that could wait. His estimate included exactly what I asked for. My situation changed, and I'm unable to pursue a plan at this time. I am definitely interested is working with him in the future
- Standard Water Control Systems IncStandard Water Control Systems, Inc. provides the highest quality product at a decent price. We did extensive research on various companies. The drain tile system that Standard offers is the best in our opinion. The sales rep started the process by examining our entire basement and the troubles that were occurring. He did not oversell his product... very professional. The owner/President contacted us a few times during the process to make sure all was well. The crew of seven workers completed the project in one day... amazing, there was a ton of work to do. We can't say enough good things about this company... our best experience with a contractor by far
- Iowa Home Restoration & Repair, LLCAt first we thought there was a leak in the foundation requiring basement water proofing. It turned out that there was a pipe leaking behind the wall in a basement room. After doing demolition on the first day of work, air scrubbers and dehumidifiers were setup in the basement and main floor to contain any airborne mold and dry out the damaged area. Those were left in place for a week. A mold abatement substance was also applied to the problem areas at the same time. The leak had caused the sub-flooring in the affected room to rot and disintegrate. It was also discovered after pulling up the carpet that the builder had used a sub-standard sub-flooring material (MDF) in the entire basement. We decided it was best to completely replace it all since there were other affected areas of rotted sub-flooring in the basement. I later added a long list of other repairs to the contract to replace screen doors and a few other things around the house and garage. Gene Maire was great to work with and was patient with all the additional things I added to the list of repairs in my home. The work was complete way before my expectations, 2 months from first estimate, and was of good quality. They left the site clean. Each time I added something new to the repair list, he was very prompt with sending a revised and reasonable estimate for the work. I would highly recommend Iowa Home Restoration and Repair, Gene and his crew to anyone needing any kind of repairs on their home but especially if you have a basement water proofing issue in your home. Gene was honest in his assessment of the problems, kept me up to date and sent pictures of newly found issues. He was professional to work with. He instilled a sense of trust when I first met with him which is why I chose his company over a cheaper competitor
Basement Waterproofers in Waukee
- Business Description:Anything concrete Concrete driveways Patios Steps Colored decorative concrete New construction basements , garages. Additional phone number - (515) 986 - 0879Recent Review:After getting estimates from 5 different companies, we decided to go with Chris and the team at Professional Contracting Iowa. While they didn't come in as the lowest cost bid, they were VERY competitive. Also, our neighbor used them 6 years ago for his driveway replacement and their previous work (next door) and the recommendation spoke for itself. We are so happy we chose them. The crew lead, Bob, and his team were professional and had excellent communication with us the entire day they worked to remove old driveway and pour the new driveway. Bob pointed out several different things that concerned him as they worked...our original driveway was only 2" deep so he let us know that he'd need to take several inches of dirt out of the drive before they could pour. And after they removed the old cement, he noticed that there were issues with the foundation of our house near the garage that were original to the home. He suggested a solution and helped us remedy this before they moved forward. It meant a lot to use that they obviously wanted the work to be done the RIGHT WAY even if that meant a few extra steps. They were very detailed about their work yet efficient. They completed the removal of the driveway and pouring the new cement in one day. They came back the second day to cut and power wash the cement. It's the 4th day now and it looks great. I had a couple of follow up questions (nothing too concerning) and Chris texted me back promptly to answer them (even after I had already paid the bill:)) I would highly recommend them to anyone! They are a family-owned business and I had a great experience working with themAnn K.
- Business Description:Wet Basement or Foundation Problems? Call Midwest Basement Systems. For over 16 years, Midwest Basement Systems has served the Central Iowa area fixing/repairing over 10,000 homes just like yours. We take care of "All Things Basementy!" Whether it is Basement Waterproofing, Basement Structual Repair, Mold and Odor Control, or simply a Nasty Crawl Space call us today. Our estimates are free, our standards are superior, our workmanship is the highest quality, and our warranties are the best in ..Recent Review:I had multiple companies who come out and they were the one who had the best presentation. The price was very comparable and the work was great. They did a great job completing the work within the time frame and cleaning upMatt G.
- Business Description:Foundation Recovery Systems, founded in 1992, is a subsidiary of Groundworks, a family of companies that offers superior, proven solutions for your foundation repair, structural repair, crawl space encapsulation, dehumidification, and concrete leveling needs. They currently maintain offices in Kansas City, Moberly, Springfield, and St Louis. Foundation Recovery Systems is a recognized accredited member of the Better Business Bureau and devotes its years of experience, industry knowledge and s..Recent Review:Lee, Ryan and Jeremy did fantastic work and they were very knowledgeable. They answered any questions i had. The best installers I've dealt with lately. I would recommend them to friends and family anytime.Jacob M.
- Business Description:At DCD Garage Floors, our mission is to give our customers the best service possible, so when we head home after a hard day’s work we can rest easy. We apply the most innovative and cutting edge designs in today’s market. You can rely on our professional team to make recommendations that fit your taste and style, but will always give you the final word. FREE estimates – Contact us todayRecent Review:Joe and DCD Floorings are top notch and do amazing work! When I needed a little touch up work, they fit me into their busy schedule and made the repairs needed. I would highly recommend Joe and DCD Flooring!Tim R.
- Business Description:Angie's List Certified. Since 1977 we have been waterproofing basements. Our water control and wet basement repair services have given homeowners greater peace of mind. We have worked on more than 40,000 homes and businesses and installed more than 2 million feet of drain tile. Our award winning and experienced team -- 50 employees, many with 20+ years of experience -- know how to get the job done right. May contact through email, firstname.lastname@example.org or 800-978-7867Recent Review:We have a small very old basement with steep steps. The crew did an amazing job getting all the dirt and concrete out and the rock in. I was impressed with how clean it was afterward, given the nature of the work. They were very knowledgeable and took time to explain whatever I didn’t understandJustin B.
- Business Description:Here at Iowa Mold Removal, we sustain our business on quality and integrity. With over 20 years of experience we are experts in our trade and are committed to quality from the beginning to the end of your project. Whether is removing water from the house, to killing mold and making sure it doesn’t come back, simply getting rid of those pesky odors, or cleaning up hoarding situations we love working with customers on jobs of all sizesRecent Review:We called Vince and he came to our home about 2 hours later. He checked out our entire basement with an infrared camera. We were delighted to hear that what we thought was mold was NOT mold. He told us how to clean it up, then we asked him to check a spot in an upstairs room. Again, NOT mold. We were so relieved to have this same-day inspection at a time when much of the metro area is clamoring for services after torrential rains. Vince was very professional, and even complimented us on how well we'd dried out our basement following a four-inch storm sewer backup. Next time we have a suspected mold problem, we'll definitely call IA MOLD REMOVAL--that's how it's spelled on Vince's business card. Vince gave us peace of mind during a stressful time. We'll sleep well tonight, thanks to Vince at Iowa Mold RemovalBonnie E.
- Business Description:Stapes Grading offer a wide variety of service for you. From getting a new drive way to pouring a new slab for your hot tub. Stapes Grading also has services in dirt work from grading the yard of your house to digging the foundation to your new homRecent Review:They showed up sooner then we thought they would. They was very thorough when meeting with us and was very helpful. They drive way was taken out and replaced with in a week and they did a grate job cleaning up and finishing they job. I would highly recommend them to everyonelan v.
- Business Description:Iowa Foundation Repair has been providing residential and commercial construction repairs in and around Des Moines, IA for over 16 years. From bowed walls, to cracks and leaks, to settling foundations and basement waterproofing, we provide quick and expert repairs, at prices you can afford. We provide free on-site estimates to provide the best repair recommendations, and will match or beat any competitor's pricingRecent Review:Iowa Foundation Repair, Winterset, is definitely the best in the business. Justin Porter lazer measured the basement walls and determined exactly how much they had moved over the years. After checking the cracks in the block walls, he proposed anchoring the walls without installing sump pumps. Three other companies quoted me sump pumps which included jack-hammering the basement floor. Justin's crew also installed egress windows and did a great job on those too. This was no easy job. Even though the crew had to dig in the front yard to install the anchors, when they left there was no indication they had even been there. Wow. In and out in one day. Since then no leaks even during the worst of rains. Can't say enough good about Justin and his professional crew. These guys are the bestSteve H.
- Business Description:We have been in business since 2001, serving central Iowa. We started as a roofing only contractor. However, at the request of our clients, we have expanded to become a full service exterior remodeling company. This includes; siding, soffit, fascia, and gutters! We frequently work with our clients on insurance claims. We offer maintenance deals. We also offer financing options with third party vendors. We are a Certified Owens Corning contractor and Certified GAF contractor. Our team is train..Recent Review:After having a few negative experiences with contractors, what a surprise to work with a company that seems to do everything well. Albert came out to my house to give an estimate and I was sold almost immediately. Albert told me about my current shingles and that there had been a class action lawsuit. He offered to help me if I wanted to go after the company and then proceeded to tell me that I could probably get by for a couple of years if I wanted to go that route. I was so impressed with his knowledge and honesty that I decided to just pull the trigger and have them replaced. Albert told me that it would take three days. The first day there were 30mph winds so it wasn't safe for the crew to start work. Albert kept me in the loop and said they would start the next day. The job ended up taking two days including cleanup. The crew probably spent 3 hours cleaning up and left the yard looking better than when they arrived. Albert then followed up and spent an hour or so checking on their work and also doing another pass of cleaning up the nails. Replacing a roof is expensive and not an exciting way to spend your money but Action Roofing did a great job and I would highly recommend using them for roofing issuescurtis g.
- Business Description:Friend Landscaping has been providing exceptional landscaping services to residential and commercial customers throughout the Des Moines area since 2001. Locally owned and operated, Friend Landscaping can take any lawn and turn it into a work of art. Owner is on most jobs. We understand that customer satisfaction starts with dependable services. We will provide quality workmanship to every project, every time. Attention to detail and quality as well as doing good business are some of our cor..Recent Review:The folks at Friend Landscaping did extensive work on an extremely shady, ¼-acre yard that had almost no grass, inappropriate plantings in the middle of the yard, and had been dug up for various repairs and remodeling. Work included tearing out old, rotted landscaping and plants, grading, adding to a retention wall, rock landscaping and extensive seeding. Bill Friend, the owner, is generally onsite throughout the project and is an absolutely, outstanding person with whom to work. He offered suggestions to hold costs down as well as ideas for problem areas. He is an excellent communicator, keeping us apprised of the project status at all times. He is also very conscientious about daily clean-up. Bill is a very kind man who takes pride in his work and cares about his customers. The change in our yard's appearance from messy, muddy and plant-cluttered to green and lush is nothing short of a miracle. I would not use anyone else for landscaping needsKathy S.
Deals in Waukee for Basement Waterproofing
Explore our Solution Center for helpful basement waterproofer articles
Crawl space encapsulation can reduce your energy consumption and prevent a wealth of costly issues, but is it necessary? Depends on what’s hiding under your home.
Whether you live in a flood-prone area or are someone who likes to have a plan, this checklist can help you get your home and community ready for a water-related emergency.
Find waterproofing contractors in
waterproofing contractors in Waukee
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- Foundation Recovery Systems2401 SE Creekview Dr
Ankeny, Iowa 50021
- Foundation Recovery Systems
- Grip-Tite Foundation Repair115 W Jefferson St
Winterset, Iowa 50273
- Grip-Tite Foundation Repair
- Hauser Plumbing & Piping1111 N C St
Indianola, Iowa 50125
- Hauser Plumbing & Piping
- Kinzler Construction Services2335 230th St
Ames, Iowa 50014
- Kinzler Construction Services
- Midwest Foundation Repair9850 Douglas Ave
Urbandale, Iowa 50322
- Midwest Foundation Repair
- Professional Contracting Iowa 767 NE Broadway Ave
Des Moines, Iowa 50313
- Professional Contracting Iowa
- Standard Water Control Systems Inc
, Minnesota 55429
- Standard Water Control Systems Inc
- Terry's Quality Concrete1032 5th St. NW
Altoona, Iowa 50009
- Terry's Quality Concrete