Brick and stone are some of the strongest construction materials. With proper maintenance, your masonry might even outlive you. Here’s how to get started.
Get matched with top masonry contractors in Oakland, IA
There are 4 highly-rated local masonry contractors.
Matching on Angi
Recent Masonry Reviews in Oakland
- Allen Masonry ContractorThe building was is sorry shape and we had searched for a while for someone to come and fix it. We had several other bids. All were out of our price range. Then some one recommended Allen masonry. He came down and gave us a reasonable bid. We liked him right away. Very easy to talk to. He's very knowledgable. We agreed to the bid and he was there early the following monday. It took approx. 2 weeks for completion. It looked better than i had anticipated. The final price was 2 thousand $ cheaper. Tj and his crew were Fantastic. They went above and beyond what was expected. They cleaned up every day and when they left it was like they were never there. I will highly recommend them to everyone i know, i would call them again. You won't find a more hard working, fair, excellent quality of work, anywhere. I cannot say enough good things
- Allen MasonryHe also did the job for less then he quoted. The Crew was hard working and professional. I can not say enough good things about Tj and his fantastic crew. I will recommend them to every one i know. We have decided to hold off on selling it for now. Because it looks Wonderful and we want to use it for ourselves now
- McElmeel Plastering & Masonry IncI contacted Dennis well in advance of the build start. He talked me through what he needed to get started and at what point he entered the build process. He showed up on schedule. He worked with me on the stone I had picked out. The stone distributor I picked the stone from was not very motivated to get me samples. Dennis worked with them to get them to ship me samples and then later to get the appropriate tonnage shipped to the site. He said it was some of the hardest stone he had worked with, but he got it done and the stone and masonry is beautiful. Several months later (after the drywall had been installed and there was water available inside) they started the mudding process on the drywall. They worked so hard and brought in bullet heaters to get the mud to dry more rapidly. I really wanted to move in before Christmas and they helped me accomplish that goal. They had to bring in scaffolding to do the pitched ceilings of the the great room, but It was really amazing to watch them up on stilts mudding the ceilings and higher sections of the walls in the other rooms
- Custom Brick and Stone Co., IncWe are 100% satisfied with Custom Brick and Stone. The don't just come in and do minimum work. They explained in detail what needed immediate attention and what could wait a year or two but definitely needs to be done within that time frame. The workers were fast and efficient. They were very polite. I was quite concerned about getting the chimney flue in the living room cleaned -- I had never seen it done and had visions of brushes being vigorously used with soot flying into the living room!!! Little did I know! The work was done from the top of the chimney with a cover placed in front of the fireplace opening to prevent any soot from escaping. If I hadn't been standing right there while the chimney was being cleaned, I would never have known it had been done. Except that it was absolutely amazing to see individual bricks in the fire box that had been covered with years and years of soot! I highly recommend Custom Brick and Stone. Be sure to visit their website to view the work they have done on several historic houses in Keokuk, the Rand Park Pavilion, and the Chief Keokuk Monument in Rand Park
- JOHN'S TUCKPOINTINGI talked to John and he suggested I come by the job he was completing to view his work. He had just completed the tuckpointing of an apartment building and I was impressed with his attention to detail and hard work ethic.John stopped by the day after I called and gave me an estimate to do the tuckpointing on my house. John is very earnest and friendly with an easy going confidence in his work. He said that if we had to replace some bricks there would be an additional charge depending on how many bricks had to be replaced. My 1923 bungalow has wire cut bricks which are hard to find. John went around to local brickyards to find suitable replacements. However, I was able to find some spare bricks in the basement and garage which John used in the process. He replaced about 20 bricks. Before tuckpointing John suggested a powerwash of the bricks for an additional cost. This made a huge difference! I found out that my house has red/orange brick, not chocolate/brown brick. The wire cut bricks get dirty and made the house look very drab. John's crew was professional and very friendly. I bought them a bucket chicken upon completion of the job for which they were very appreciative. The house looks great! Their job was professional and completed ontime despite the inclimate weather. I would highly recommend John's Tuckpointing
- Built Right MasonryBuilt Right Masonry (Dan Wietzke) does professional, beautiful quality masonry. They did all the masonry work on a big addition to our house. They also poured our garage floor, built a fantastic stone BBQ on the deck and created a feature, stacked stone wall in our diningroom. They give 100% accurate bids, show up on time and clean up when they leave. I've used them a number of times & have been totally satisfied each and every time
- BOECKER'S MASONRYThese bigger contractors throw the little guy (me) a inflated price and hope you bite. They gave me a quote for 1650.00. I had the work done for 275.00 to my satisfaction.
- Dave Walker ConstructionThe stairs initially looked great, until the cement started chipping away a couple of months later. I had contacted him numerous times to come take a look at the faulty stairs and gave him plenty of chances to stand by his work and repair it. He continued to give me the run around and kept telling me "next week, maybe". Well, "next week" never came around and my stairs have never been fixed. When I told him that I was thinking about taking legal action, he replied, "Go ahead, it's nothing new.". I would NOT recommend him to ANYONE
Masonry Contractors in Oakland
- Business Description:Thrasher services Nebraska, Western Iowa, Central and Western Kansas* and Northeast Missouri, providing foundation repair for settling and wall stabilization, basement waterproofing, concrete lifting and leveling, radon testing & mitigation, crawl space encapsulation, egress window installation and electrical services. At Thrasher, we work every day to challenge the status quo and provide an unparalleled experience for each of our customers. With over 45 years of experience, you can rest easy..Recent Review:The Thrasher crew, headed by Adell McKinney, was terrific. Polite, professional and their cleanup was nothing short of amazing. Great guys who went above and beyond. Even moved the washer and dryer for an old couple who couldn't do it themselves and then hooked it back up before they left. Great bunch of guys. Thanks Adell, Hector, Mike, Martinez and TyrellRyly Jane H.
- Business Description:Our past projects include both new construction and repairs/restorations. We specialize in Waterproofing Basements, Painting, Concrete,Egress Windows, , Stabilize foundations, Siding etc. We offer an end-to-end client experience that includes seamless communication, on-site organization, and solid, quality handiwork every time. We have worked with homeowners and designers to produce work we think you'll love. Call us today for a Free EstimateRecent Review:The team was prompt and showed up when they said they would. Everyone was very friendly and professional. They cleaned up after themselves and when the job was complete. All of my questions got answered and they were very helpful to understand the process. I am very glad and relieved to have this work finally done, the pricing was reasonable. Thanks to all the team for their hard work and pleasant and professional demeanor.Cerah H.
- Business Description:Our mission is simple, provide premium products and the highest level of craftsmanship guaranteed. No money down, free estimates, free inspections.Recent Review:Everlast Exteriors did an exterior renovation for us and we could not be happier. They do quality work. We have used them before on other investment homes. They are very skilled and knowledgeable. Make the right decision and Hire Everlast Exteriorantonio a.
- Business Description:GRAB THIS DEAL!! If we are visiting your home to perform any chimney or fireplace service YOU CAN SAVE $50 OFF DRYER VENT CLEANING. The Chimney Doctor was started in 1990 by Randall Redding. It is family and veteran owned and operated. When we started in 1990 we ran the business out of a maroon Chevy Astro cargo van. We have grown into a professional chimney sweeping service with 31 year of experience. For 31 years we have provided superior service to our customer that keeps them comin..Recent Review:Great! This is the second time we’ve worked with these guys. They’re always professional, informative, and quick to get here. Even in the busy season when we previously got quotes 1-3 months out, we’ve heard back and had them to our house within a week. Highly recommendMatt & Jesse H.
- Business Description:Behncke construction has been serving the Quad Cities for over 60 years.Recent Review:Behncke has completed a half dozen jobs for me in the past. The work team walked through the area double checking the jobs that needed to be done. They covered the ground where they would be working so when they finished, they left nothing behind except the fine work they did. They broke open the cracked areas of the stucco, and in most cases on the north, they were able to apply 1 layer of hand mixed concrete. The south and west sides had large patches of of cracked concrete. When they were removed, I could see the wall of the original wood house built 103 yrs. ago. The crew had to replace rusty wire; they filled the areas with several layers of concrete. Fortunately the weather was with them all 3 days. I like the way the guys worked together and kept me in the loop. They were on hourly wage, even so they worked quickly but carefully and deserved every hour of pay. I like Behncke Construction: small group of seasoned workers, reasonable rates for QUALITY work, and nothing left behind but a surface ready for siding. Over 35 yrs. I have always chosen smaller, local companies whose workers have been with the company for various lengths of time. Over the the long run, companies like Behncke Construction and their employees have improved my home and thus my neighborhood. I know the siding company will appreciate they can do quality work because the underlying surface was done with care. Hats off to another successful quality job completed by Behncke Construction, Inc.! <br /Kathleen O.
- Business Description:EHM is a structural moving and elevating company that also specializes in foundation repair and replacement. We have been working in the Midwest since the Great Floods of 1993. We specialize in severely comprised foundation issues. We can elevate, level, pier or replace a wall or your entire foundation. We do not do mudjacking, waterproofing or minor crack repairRecent Review:Previous piering companies had tried and failed to solve our sinking foundation problem with undersized piers. After researching available options and getting quotes from a few companies, we chose Expert House Movers to excavate around our foundation, install custom made piers to support the weight of our house (full masonry, stone foundation, slate roof and terazzo floos) and spray a rubberized coating on the below ground portion of our foundation to stop future water penetrations in our stone foundation. They showed up promptly, performed the necessary work in a timely matter and were careful of the landscaping we wanted to keep. The job itself took longer than anticipated mostly due to additional work needed once the foundation was exposed (tuckpointing, new window wells, etc). There was minor damage to the sprinkler system and the water service line, but we were compensated for the damage by EHM. My only complaint was the amount of old drainage pipes and broken concrete that was left on site during the work and not removed until the end of the job. <br /PERRON R.
- Business Description:Residential and Commercial Construction Steel buildings Hardscapes Landscaping and excavation Masonry Decks Fence Ponds Pool installation - Inground and above ground Retaining wall
- Business Description:I am a structural apprentice with the Air Force. I am in the structural field for 5 years now. My experience ranges from pouring concrete and repairs. I also do parcel lockers installation, security cameras ( homes/commercial), and anything that has to do with building structures.
- Business Description:We currently have no special promotions.
- Business Description:Professional Quality Concrete pumping for the last 12 years. We make sure the the job gets done right regardless of how big or small. Specialize in Residential,Commercial and agriculture - Basements - Block Grouting - Driveways - Short Walls - All Flat-work - Lite form walls Call Us Today
Explore our Solution Center for helpful masonry contractor articles
Brick steps are a timeless addition to your home with durable materials that can last a lifetime. We review your cost to replace brick front door steps here.
This guide will help you add up all of the cinder block wall costs, including materials and labor. The type of wall, such as a garden fence or retaining wall, and the dimensions of the wall change the total blockwork price.
Find masonry contractors in
masonry contractors in Oakland
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- Audino Frank Construction Inc2805 W 4th St
Sioux City, Iowa 51103
- Audino Frank Construction Inc
- Behncke Construction Inc.1009 W. 2nd St.
Davenport, Iowa 52802
- Behncke Construction Inc.
- Gam Structural lox.
Omaha, Nebraska 68111
- Gam Structural lox.
- HBCP.O. Box 8
Gretna, Nebraska 68028
- J M's Caulking1859 N 150th ct
Omaha, Nebraska 68154
- J M's Caulking
- Leading Edge Enterprises 12530 Westridge Rd
Gretna, Nebraska 68028
- Leading Edge Enterprises
- Premier Brick & Stone2769 Stonegate Ct.
Hiawatha, Iowa 52233
- Premier Brick & Stone