Brick and stone are some of the strongest construction materials. With proper maintenance, your masonry might even outlive you. Here’s how to get started.
Get matched with top masonry contractors in Marshalltown, IA
There are 4 highly-rated local masonry contractors.
Matching on Angi
Recent Masonry Reviews in Marshalltown
- Built Right MasonryBuilt Right Masonry (Dan Wietzke) does professional, beautiful quality masonry. They did all the masonry work on a big addition to our house. They also poured our garage floor, built a fantastic stone BBQ on the deck and created a feature, stacked stone wall in our diningroom. They give 100% accurate bids, show up on time and clean up when they leave. I've used them a number of times & have been totally satisfied each and every time
- Allen MasonryHe also did the job for less then he quoted. The Crew was hard working and professional. I can not say enough good things about Tj and his fantastic crew. I will recommend them to every one i know. We have decided to hold off on selling it for now. Because it looks Wonderful and we want to use it for ourselves now
- Custom Brick and Stone Co., IncWe are 100% satisfied with Custom Brick and Stone. The don't just come in and do minimum work. They explained in detail what needed immediate attention and what could wait a year or two but definitely needs to be done within that time frame. The workers were fast and efficient. They were very polite. I was quite concerned about getting the chimney flue in the living room cleaned -- I had never seen it done and had visions of brushes being vigorously used with soot flying into the living room!!! Little did I know! The work was done from the top of the chimney with a cover placed in front of the fireplace opening to prevent any soot from escaping. If I hadn't been standing right there while the chimney was being cleaned, I would never have known it had been done. Except that it was absolutely amazing to see individual bricks in the fire box that had been covered with years and years of soot! I highly recommend Custom Brick and Stone. Be sure to visit their website to view the work they have done on several historic houses in Keokuk, the Rand Park Pavilion, and the Chief Keokuk Monument in Rand Park
- JOHN'S TUCKPOINTINGI talked to John and he suggested I come by the job he was completing to view his work. He had just completed the tuckpointing of an apartment building and I was impressed with his attention to detail and hard work ethic.John stopped by the day after I called and gave me an estimate to do the tuckpointing on my house. John is very earnest and friendly with an easy going confidence in his work. He said that if we had to replace some bricks there would be an additional charge depending on how many bricks had to be replaced. My 1923 bungalow has wire cut bricks which are hard to find. John went around to local brickyards to find suitable replacements. However, I was able to find some spare bricks in the basement and garage which John used in the process. He replaced about 20 bricks. Before tuckpointing John suggested a powerwash of the bricks for an additional cost. This made a huge difference! I found out that my house has red/orange brick, not chocolate/brown brick. The wire cut bricks get dirty and made the house look very drab. John's crew was professional and very friendly. I bought them a bucket chicken upon completion of the job for which they were very appreciative. The house looks great! Their job was professional and completed ontime despite the inclimate weather. I would highly recommend John's Tuckpointing
- Allen Masonry ContractorThe building was is sorry shape and we had searched for a while for someone to come and fix it. We had several other bids. All were out of our price range. Then some one recommended Allen masonry. He came down and gave us a reasonable bid. We liked him right away. Very easy to talk to. He's very knowledgable. We agreed to the bid and he was there early the following monday. It took approx. 2 weeks for completion. It looked better than i had anticipated. The final price was 2 thousand $ cheaper. Tj and his crew were Fantastic. They went above and beyond what was expected. They cleaned up every day and when they left it was like they were never there. I will highly recommend them to everyone i know, i would call them again. You won't find a more hard working, fair, excellent quality of work, anywhere. I cannot say enough good things
- McElmeel Plastering & Masonry IncI contacted Dennis well in advance of the build start. He talked me through what he needed to get started and at what point he entered the build process. He showed up on schedule. He worked with me on the stone I had picked out. The stone distributor I picked the stone from was not very motivated to get me samples. Dennis worked with them to get them to ship me samples and then later to get the appropriate tonnage shipped to the site. He said it was some of the hardest stone he had worked with, but he got it done and the stone and masonry is beautiful. Several months later (after the drywall had been installed and there was water available inside) they started the mudding process on the drywall. They worked so hard and brought in bullet heaters to get the mud to dry more rapidly. I really wanted to move in before Christmas and they helped me accomplish that goal. They had to bring in scaffolding to do the pitched ceilings of the the great room, but It was really amazing to watch them up on stilts mudding the ceilings and higher sections of the walls in the other rooms
- BOECKER'S MASONRYThese bigger contractors throw the little guy (me) a inflated price and hope you bite. They gave me a quote for 1650.00. I had the work done for 275.00 to my satisfaction.
- Dave Walker ConstructionThe stairs initially looked great, until the cement started chipping away a couple of months later. I had contacted him numerous times to come take a look at the faulty stairs and gave him plenty of chances to stand by his work and repair it. He continued to give me the run around and kept telling me "next week, maybe". Well, "next week" never came around and my stairs have never been fixed. When I told him that I was thinking about taking legal action, he replied, "Go ahead, it's nothing new.". I would NOT recommend him to ANYONE
Masonry Contractors in Marshalltown
- Business Description:Our mission is simple, provide premium products and the highest level of craftsmanship guaranteed. No money down, free estimates, free inspections.Recent Review:Everlast Exteriors did an exterior renovation for us and we could not be happier. They do quality work. We have used them before on other investment homes. They are very skilled and knowledgeable. Make the right decision and Hire Everlast Exteriorantonio a.
- Business Description:Behncke construction has been serving the Quad Cities for over 60 years.Recent Review:This company is the best! I was impressed from the beginning with how clear they were in the quote on what exactly was to be done, so there were no surprises. Everyone on the crew was courteous and professional. The work was completed ahead of scheduleAmanda C.
- Business Description:Buresh Home Solutions, Inc has been serving Iowa home owners for over 13 years. We are committed to earning your business by offering our customers more choices to meet their needs and budgets. We are pleased to offer all Angie's List Members a 5% discount up to $500.00 on their next home improvement project . We offer a variety of financing programs and in many cases can finance the entire project or offer no interest programs as well. Our team is made up of dedicated professionals committed..Recent Review:They are very knowledgeable and I felt very comfortable making the decision. They showed me the different windows they have and answered my questions to make sure I got the best windows for my home. The crew was on time and communicated with me through the install processBilly P.
- Business Description:Anything concrete Concrete driveways Patios Steps Colored decorative concrete New construction basements , garages. Additional phone number - (515) 986 - 0879Recent Review:Showed up on time for project review. Provided a documented estimate overnight. Had a project date. Sought permission and came sooner than originally planned. The crew was quick and methodical. The sidewalk repairs were accomplished without incident and the result was a work area that left no signs of ever having been done...except for excellent finished concrete. Will be sure to use them for future projects and most definitely will recommend them without hesitationRon M.
- Business Description:EHM is a structural moving and elevating company that also specializes in foundation repair and replacement. We have been working in the Midwest since the Great Floods of 1993. We specialize in severely comprised foundation issues. We can elevate, level, pier or replace a wall or your entire foundation. We do not do mudjacking, waterproofing or minor crack repairRecent Review:To Expert House Movers <br /> We wanted to let you know just how pleased we are with the work you did on our house. Before we contacted you, we had several other contractors look at our home. We actually had hired another contractor, who took such a long time, never returned our calls, missed meetings, and took months to even get us our bid. And when that contractor did get us our bid, it was more than doubled our previously discussed budget! <br /> That is when we called you, you came out immediately, was extremely professional, but more importantly, you had a personal interaction with both me and my wife throughout the entire process. You answered all our phone calls, all of our questions, and talked with us throughout the entire process. We felt extremely confident and assured through the entire lift. This house is our dream house and we are going to live in it until we die, and you knew how much it meant to us, and you took care of it as if it were your own. <br /> As you know, my wife ended up in the hospital with some complications with her surgery while you were working on our home, and you took such great care of our house. You knew she was very disappointed that she could not be there, as she designed the foundation window placements and had a big part in the doors and steps. Your crew was so kind and so professional and meticulous, that they knew that two particular windows were very important to my wife. Your crew wanted to get them perfect and asked me some questions about them, that I could not answer. My wife was feeling better, but still in the hospital, and I called her on the phone, while your crew waited for me, as she and I discussed for several minutes the exact placement of the windows. Some minor changes had to be made and your crew could have easily just slapped the two windows in the new location, which was only slightly off of the original plan, and be done with it, but they stopped and pointed out where my wife originally wanted them and the new location difference and wanted to be sure that my wife understood the change, and wanted me to talk to my wife first. I was so very impressed that they made the adjustments on the spot that my wife suggested over the phone. I don’t think any other company would have gone through this much trouble to please their customers! <br /> You also were very respectful of our property, neighbors, and your crew were always very willing to stop and explain the process of what was going to happen next. Not one time did we ever feel like we were in your way. Actually, it was the opposite, we felt like you and your crew were very excited to show us your equipment and how it worked and actually wanted us around so we could see how it all worked and so we could see for ourselves how everything was perfect - and it was! <br /> We will always remember you and think of you so highly. Thank you for making the beginning our home building so easy and off to such a perfect start. There are so many things that can go wrong when redoing a home, and having it go off with such a perfect start gives us such great hope. You have certainly set bar very high for the other contractors that will be coming in for the other parts of the home! Your company and its crew should be very proud of its work. You do a job that is very difficult, complex and tedious, but you do it with care, expertise, and perfection. We actually miss you guys and wish you were around. You are like family to us. We only wish we could rate your service and staff A++ , if there were such a rating. <br /> All our best and blessings, <br /> Randy and Elizabeth <br /Randy W.
- Business Description:Creative Home Renovations provides top quality services with competitive prices through our dedication to detail to each project assuring only the best for each of our clients. A business is only as good as its people and this is especially true in the construction industry. Whatever your dreams may be for your future project, rest assured it will be handled promptly, professionally, with 100% satisfaction with our company going and beyond the expectations for our clientele. Your home is pro..
- Business Description:Frase Construction Inc is a locally owned and operated business in the Ottumwa area since 1999. Business owner, Jeremy Frase invites you to come visit his showroom, complete with a large variety of retail products. Frase Construction specializes in new construction and remodeling. Serves include: - Roofing - Additions - Windows - Siding - Kitchens & Baths - Cabinets - Concrete - Electrical - Plumbing - Decks - Garages - General contractors - Designed build - Egress Windows - Casement W..Recent Review:Very responsive, showed up when they said they would and every day until the job was complete. Estimate was substantially lower than the other two we recieved. Windows are level, plumb and sealed well. They took no precautions to protect our carpet or hardwood floors, tracked mud an dirt in and didn't clean it up. the finish wood work (re-installing trim) is some of the poorest I have ever seen. Large gaps in corners, nail holes not filled, wood chipped, etc. Called and complained and they came right out and redid the trim, second try was marginally better but resulted in even more nail holes not filled. Spent several hours in the yard picking up screws, insulation, and chards of aluminum after job was completeKirk B.
- Business Description:Professional Quality Concrete pumping for the last 12 years. We make sure the the job gets done right regardless of how big or small. Specialize in Residential,Commercial and agriculture - Basements - Block Grouting - Driveways - Short Walls - All Flat-work - Lite form walls Call Us Today
- Business Description:Established in 1982, Skyline Roofing, Building Restoration and Construction is a company that upholds extremely high standards, providing you with the best services the industry has to offer, including: commercial and residential concrete and flat roofing, demolition and complete remodels and windows and gutters. Skyline works with your insurance companies to make the storm repair process pain free! We construct and restore buildings to admire! Now servicing the Midwest, including Nebraska, I..
- Business Description:General Contractor, in business since 1957. Total new construction commercial and residential. Remodel of all types commercial and residential. Rigid building pre-engineered metal buildings. Call Me!
Explore our Solution Center for helpful masonry contractor articles
Brick steps are a timeless addition to your home with durable materials that can last a lifetime. We review your cost to replace brick front door steps here.
This guide will help you add up all of the cinder block wall costs, including materials and labor. The type of wall, such as a garden fence or retaining wall, and the dimensions of the wall change the total blockwork price.
Find masonry contractors in
masonry contractors in Marshalltown
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- C & K Construction602 N. 4th Ave
MARSHALLTOWN, Iowa 50158
- C & K Construction
- Everlast Exteriors11319 P St Ste. 13
Omaha, Nebraska 68137
- Everlast Exteriors
- FRASE & CO CONSTRUCTION612 S Madison Ave
Ottumwa, Iowa 52501
- FRASE & CO CONSTRUCTION
- Professional Contracting Iowa 767 NE Broadway Ave
Des Moines, Iowa 50313
- Professional Contracting Iowa