Deciding on a material for your next masonry project? Concrete blocks and bricks share some advantages but have key differences. This guide breaks it down.
Get matched with top masonry contractors in Lake City, FL
There are 1 highly-rated local masonry contractors.
Matching on Angi
Recent Masonry Reviews in Lake City
- Cutting Edge Construction IncScot's attention to detail was incredible!! I trusted his judgement in all aspects of repairs and the sub-contractors he used were on par with his professionalism and high skill level.
- Willy's Chimney Service, LLCDue to age and construction of original chimney, we had a fire which came through the fire box into the walls. The fire department took care of this but damage was so extensive that the entire fireplace and chimney had to be replaced. Willy's made every effort to protect our property during the removal of the old chimney and fireplace and the construction of the new chimney and fireplace and insert. Every step of the job was explained to us by Dan. All of the employees were thoughtful, courteous and careful with our property. They cleaned up after themselves every day. Also, in order to not inconvenience us there was a port a potty installed outside for their use. Their expertise shows in how great the fireplace, chimney and insert look and we have received many compliments on the work already. We would like to highly recommend Willy's to anyone considering a new fireplace or repair of an existing one. We plan on using him yearly to clean our new chimney
- Crossville Flooring CenterThey were excellent! Very good and very trustworthy. I felt like I could leave my home even while they were working.
- Jones MasonryTwo men with around 20 years experience cleared and leveled the land, then formed and poured the slab. Then one man finished the concrete to a smooth surface. This being my first experience with a concrete foundation for a building, I am glad this crew was so experienced. Mr Jones had the necessary knowledge about building codes and requirements that made him a valuable asset to me
- SIVELLS MASONRY INCScott was very quick to return my phone calls. He was able to give me an estimate within 24 hours of our initial call. Scott is very professional. They were able to get the job done the next day and finished in one business day. Very good experience!
- AMC Pavers Installation Restorations & Construction LLCContract read: "To be completed in 4-6 working days." Monday, Day 1: Pavers arrived. Crew of two arrived and excavated a few wheelbarrow loads before leaving within a few hours. Tuesday, Day 2: Crew of five showed up in the morning. Worked for eight hours and completed excavation. Wednesday, Day 3: Crew of five arrived in the morning. Began laying pavers on a minimal layer of crushed concrete/sand (thinner than contract dictated). Rain came around noon and ended after about an hour and a half. Foreman approaches me to tell me that the estimate of square footage was in error and I owed an additional $860 for two more pallets of pavers! I called the owner who stated that, "That's what the computer tells her." During the rain the crew covered work area with several tarps that I provided. Crew left around 1:30 p.m. stating, "We don't want to get sick." It didn't rain again for the rest of the day. Thursday, Day 4: Foreman stated that they would arrive by 8:30 a.m. At 3:30 p.m. I received a phone call from AMC office stating that the foreman was "just around the corner", and the crew was "on its way." At 5:30 p.m. the foreman called me to say that no one would show this day. I had stayed home from work, including several meetings, in order to be here when the crew arrived. Friday, Day 5: Crew arrived on time this day. Foreman called me at work to say that the fire ring could not be laid as per the drawing. The entire fire-ring plan had to be simplified due to this "misunderstanding." Saturday, Day 6: Crew of four came on time! They worked all day and completed the laying of the pavers. Crew was paid by foreman and left. Foreman tells me that the crew was told not to return to my property or else they would be considered trespassing. He aIso stated that AMC would not be using them again. I don't know why he told them this. Their work was very adequate, excellent in some areas . Monday, Day 7: Was told a crew would arrive at 8:30 a.m. I received a call at work from AMC office telling me that there was a death in a company employee's family and it would probably be another no-show day. At 5:30 p.m. a subcontracted crew showed up and finished sanding the joints and "sealing" the pavers. They were on the site until 9:00 p.m. Tuesday, Day 8: Foreman arrives, cleans up project area a bit and asks for final payment. The original contract and attached drawing was ignored in several important points. I was held responsible for the discrepancies, but AMC was not...even after taking 8 days to complete. I paid $860 more than the contract agreed. To be kind, I would say that I was mislead several times. My wife lost sleep during this time. We had planned and saved for this patio for fifteen years. Almost two weeks later I am still sweeping sand into unfinished paver joints that are 1" wide. The owners are very friendly people. We hired them because we interacted so well with them. The job is complete. It cost us much more than we had been told it would. It was a very disappointing and frustrating experience. The foreman left on the last day after apologizing several times. The job is complete. It cost us much more than we had been told it would
Last update on June 25, 2015
Masonry Contractors in Lake City
Explore our Solution Center for helpful masonry contractor articles
Question by Guest_9880981: How much does it cost to repoint a brick house in metro New York City?
Well-maintained concrete steps can last for decades—but cracks happen. Luckily, the cost to repair them doesn’t have to break the bank, especially if you DIY.
Find masonry contractors in
- White Springs,
- Lake Butler,
- Fort White,
- O Brien,
- High Springs,
- Live Oak,
- Glen Saint Mary,
masonry contractors in Lake City
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- Keith Kinard Construction and Roofing14301 Sweat Loop Rd.
Wimauma, Florida 33598
- Keith Kinard Construction and Roofing
- Suncoast Stone151 NW 18th Ave
Delray Beach, Florida 33444
- Suncoast Stone