Refinishing a bathtub can save you a lot of money compared to installing a new one. But how much will it cost you to strip it down and cover it with a new glaze? This guide breaks down the costs and how much you could save by doing it yourself.
Get matched with top bathtub refinishers in Plantsville, CT
There are 18 highly-rated local bathtub refinishers.
Recent Bathtub Refinishing Reviews in Plantsville
- Mr. Resurface LLCBefore hiring Ernest, I requested an appointment to see how the finished product would look. I met Ernest at his showroom in Wolcott and I was pleased with how the finish product would look. Ernest answered all my questions. Prior to the job, he sent a list of what to do in order to prep the items for resurfacing. He estimated that the job would take two days to complete. He was able to complete the job in one day. In addition, he was on time, properly covered all appropriate areas before refinishing, and cleaned up when the job was done. I noticed a defect in the finishing a few days later. I called him and he came to repair the defect in a timely manner at no charge as per his warranty. I am very happy with the result, however, it took a day or two for the fumes to go away
- Mr. Resurface LLCTub had been painted black (and done poorly) and had lots of surface damage. Tub is now bright white and looks almost brand new. Was also able to do some repair work to the tile surround. Great work.
- Mr. Resurface LLCAs all the reviews i read say, you will not regret calling on Ernest. Very professional and breathes new life into the tub and tile. This is a great value in my opinion compared to other options which won't last long from all the research I did. ..should buy me another 15 years. Also I recommend for a little extra having Ernest pre caulk as it gives it a nice finished look. Great price too considering all the preparation work and major league equipment being used here. Should have done it years ago! See the before and after for yourself
- K Kovacs Construction LLCThey came and took pictures, measurements ect. on July 12 2021, after calls and texts, follow up- I got no response. Today, nearly a month later, after I questioned if this man actually worked for this company and tried to correspond with this company did I get a response that they were not interested... which I found peculiar since they spent so much time in my home. I would absolutely use caution if asking these folks into your home
- Ace Handyman Services OrangeI had a great experience with Handyman Matters. I knew they were a new company in our town but I had some work at my home which needed to get done which I could not fit into my schedule. I called them and, from the beginning, thought it was a very professional experience from the person who took my call and coordinated/scheduled my appointment to the talented, skilled and polite craftsman who came to my home and did the work with exceptional care and attention to detail. From beginning to end, I was very satisfied and am looking forward to using Handyman Matters again in the future. I will be recommending them to others
- Heritage Kitchen & Bath Center IncFantastic, the guys were very clean, knowledgeable and articulate. I can really tell they take pride in their work. Any small problems that arose (which always do) they quickly and easily adjusted to make my project move forward at a fast pace. They constantly kept me in the loop as to what was going on, and recommended minor changes to accommodate the finished look that I was after. The owner George Jay went above and beyond to meet my expectations, I have nothing but good things to say about them , BRAV
- Heritage Kitchen & Bath Center IncTheir quote came in high, so we didn't go with them. They were very professional. The guy was very friendly. It was just more than we were willing to spend. We wanted to spend more like $15000 to $20000. We didn't need something that high-end.
- Heritage Kitchen & Bath Center IncGeorge the owner is a very busy guy, but there's a staff of great full-time people. In fact, they only sub out electrical work. I worked with their designer to pick out all the parts & pieces and colors before I even got with George to do the contract. They are the opposite of the ''hard sell''. They use top quality. They even talked me out of the high priced toilet I'd wanted because they felt the quality wasn't up to par (they'd had call backs for repairs on ones they'd installed). The job would have taken under 2 weeks, but I was going on a month long business trip and just left them a key and returned to find everything completed, cleaned up and looking and working perfectly. The workers called me a few times to ask me details that hadn't been covered in the contract (placement of things) instead of just doing what they wanted to do, which was really nice. I hope to someday have my kitchen renovated when I have the money. They're not cheap or cut-rate, but top quality is worth it
- Mr. Resurface LLCWhat a great experience! My current shower/tub is tan and i wanted it to be white. I was originally going to replace the fiberglass shower/tub unit to achieve this but based on the high cost to do this and the invasiveness of cutting out the old unit, installing a new one, plumbing, etc i decided to just refresh my existing unit (which was in good shape; i was only going to replace it to change the color) . I texted Ernest the photos and he got back to me with a quote - about 1/3 less than replacing the unit! I setup a date to do it; all very easy with Ernest. He arrived on time, put down clothes and taped up the bathroom. He was very courteous and very professional; i asked him a lot of questions and my impression is very positive; he knows his craft very well and takes pride in his work. The job took a few hours and when done he meticulously cleaned up and gathered all his equipment. The shower/tub looks fantastic and I am really glad i chose to resurface it versus taking it out and putting a new one in, especially when all i wanted to do was freshen it up and change the color. I would definitely hire Ernest again
- Mr. Resurface LLCI feel very lucky to have discovered Ernest. What a great service! His quote was accurate; he was very professional in sending the preparation details ahead of time; he arrived on time despite a long drive; he was able to repair the cracks in the tub so you wouldn't even know they were ever there; the job came out great. I would definitely recommend him to family and friends. I wouldn't hesitate to hire him again. (P.S. It is helpful to schedule the job when outside doors and windows can be opened.
Bathtub Refinishers in Plantsville
- Business Description:Text me pictures of your job to 203-578-5260 and let me know where in the Connecticut the job is located to get a price for your project. I personally do every job myself, I don't send out a less experienced technician or try to bait you with an incredibly low price just to get your job or take any shortcuts to reduce the price. I'd rather do the job right the first time as my reviews on Angie's List speak for themselves. I take pride in my work and and value my customers and give them the be..Recent Review:Very professional job. The tub looks 100% better than it did prior to the reglazing,Elieen W.
- Business Description:Call "The Tub Man" at Matt's Pro Plumbing for quality work and competitive pricing- no job too small! We offer full plumbing service and tub/shower conversion specials. If you're not home during the day we make evening calls, by appointment. We're a family run business with over 17 years of experience, and will ensure your plumbing project will be done right the first time. Customer service and satisfaction are our top priorities. Thank you for your consideration, we look forward to working w..Recent Review:As soon as I requested a quote, I got a call from Matt within 24 hours. We walked through all of the problems in detail so he was able to give me a variety of cost options. We set up a small window a few days later for the workers to come by and they were right on time. They fixed all my issues quickly and were extremely kind and respectful. I would absolutely use Matt and his team againLyndsey A.
- Business Description:Budget Dry Waterproofing is family owned and operated, We also an Angie's List Super Service Award winner and have been since 2011. We offer free inspections and estimates to home owners and business owners. We also offer both 0% interest and monthly payment plans, accept all credit cards, personal and business checks. Mention Angie's List on your initial call and save 5%. Check out our services offered and call or click to schedule a free estimate today! 203-421-856Recent Review:Excellent Service, very informative & professional, Timely and bery neat with great clean up, Very satisfied with equipment installed and work donecharles s.
- Business Description:When you work with C&M Construction you receive comprehensive services specifically designed to cater to YOU. We have been serving the Connecticut Community for over 25 years. All of our work is guaranteed to ensure a quality job at a fair price! We offer a 5% discount for all public servants including teachers, firefighters, law enforcement, & all branches of the military. We also offer 0% interest financing upon approval to all of our clients! Give us a call or send us a message today. We w..Recent Review:Just a fantastic experience. Al was quick to get to my house almost immediately after I called for help. Top quality work and above average customer service. I will use C&M over and over again!Jacki P.
- Business Description:The Baybrook Remodelers Inc. philosophy is simple:Offer only quality products with outstanding workmanship. We provide remodeling services throughout the state of Connecticut and our goal is always to make you satisfied so you will consider us for all of your home improvement needs. Our accomplishments speak for themselves. Throughout your neighborhood we have designed and built additions, dormers, kitchens, bathrooms and decks. We have beautified your neighbors’ homes with the finest vinyl s..Recent Review:Very well. It's a good job and very professional.Peter O.
- Business Description:At Carson Richard Kitchen and Bath Design, our goal is to help you design your project and to visualize it before its completion. To make the process easy and stress-free for you, we are a full-service total home renovation company with access to many resources with a wide range of experience. We can help you with all phases of new home construction or remodeling in every area. We have access to all the products to suit your needs along with designers to help you with your color and design ch..Recent Review:The work was done meticulously and With attention to details. They met my expectations with my design, and even went beyond the call of duty. Bravo, and thank you!Sima B.
- Business Description:We understand that construction is more than simply following drawings and making sure a structure is up to code. It’s about making your vision come to life. This means that details are as important as the end result – the way joints are placed together, the careful installation of materials to showcase their beauty, the final brush stroke that finishes a project. From concept to completion, we take the time to make sure each milestone is met with the highest level of craftsmanship and profes..Recent Review:Henry's Construction did an excellent job on my deck. They were professional, punctual and responsible I am extremely satisfied with my new deck. I will recommend the company in the future.Sandra W.
- Business Description:Our goal is to make our customers happy by having a caring and trusting company, working with you and within your budget. Any services we are unable to offer, we will subcontract and act as General Contractor to make sure you get the completed job for the right price. We want to be able to stand by you through an entire projectRecent Review:I was so lucky to find Zoe's ProEdge! Kelly, one of the owners, saved the day on several last minute projects that arose when selling my home. She arrived promptly at the scheduled time each day, was kind, considerate, focused and her work is impeccable. Especially important to me, Kelly offered creative solutions to problems throughout. At the end of each day, the areas she occupied were cleaned and spotless. I would use Zoe's again without hesitationBarbara H.
- Business Description:During the COVID19 pandemic, we are taking the proper precautions to ensure your and our safety during this unprecedented time. We are a full service home-improvement company specializing in kitchens and bathrooms. We have a design studio with our own cabinet lines, tiles and countertopsRecent Review:It was excellent. They were very thorough. They were knowledgeable. They did an excellent job.Jean S.
- Business Description:CGS REFINISHING LLC TUB AND TILE REGLAZING OFFERS QUALITY WORK AT AFFORDABLE PRICES IN ALL CT...DONT HESITATE AND CALL US.....SMALL BUSINESS! GREAT PRICES! CHECK US OUT CGSREFINISHINGTUB.COMRecent Review:Carlos was on time as promised. Estimated 4-5 hours for the work. Completed in little more than 4 hours. The tub looks great and is usable 24 hours after completion. Punctual polite and excellent work. Recommend highlyJim T.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful bathtub refinisher articles
If your bathtub has become uncomfortable due to cracks or unsightly stains, you don’t have to replace it or pay for an expensive relining. Instead, you can resurface your bathtub using a DIY epoxy kit, a relatively easy process.
If you want to update your bathroom on a budget, changing up your tub could make a big difference. Which option is better for your bathroom: a refinish or a new liner? Keep reading to determine who wins in the battle of bath fitter vs. rebath.
Find bathtub refinishers in
- New Britain
- West Hartford
bathtub refinishers in Plantsville
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- A Great Alternative appliance refinishing503 Powder Hill Rd
- Advanced Coatings & Restorations16 Meadow Dr
- All Surface Restoration550 New Haven Ave
- American Construction & Maintenance LLC.45 Putter Ln
- American Tub Resurfacing LLC25 Brookridge Dr
- American Tubs17940 Ajax Cir
City Of Industry, California
- Arthur Dionne Remodeling Contractor, LLC838 Hillstown Rd
- Artisan Building & Remodeling LLC.1348 Berlin Tpke
- A Great Alternative appliance refinishing
- C & M CONSTRUCTION88 Medford St
- CAMERON HOME IMPROVEMENT & CARPENTRY215 COUNTRY CLUB RD
- CareFree Home Pros136 Simsbury Rd. Bldg 16
- Carson Richard Kitchen And Bath Designs1275 Cromwell Ave Suite B13
Rocky Hill, Connecticut
- CGS REFINISHING LLCPO Box 1992
New Britain, Connecticut
- Charles Abatement, LLC91 Shelton Avenue
New Haven, Connecticut
- Creative Communities Builders61 S Main St. Ste 300
West Hartford, Connecticut
- Cronus Construction321 Ellis St Ste 1
New Britain, Connecticut
- C & M CONSTRUCTION
- FixtUre plumbing & heating507 prospect street
- FixtUre plumbing & heating
- Quality Built Basements142 Pheasant Run
- Quality Built Basements
- The BullBagPO Box 978
North Branford, Connecticut
- The Multi-Service Office, LLC205 N. Elm Street
- Tile America - Manchester1165 Tolland Turnpike
- Tile America - New Haven105 Hamilton Street
New Haven, Connecticut
- Tile America - Torrington261 Oak Ave
- Total Mechanical Systems LLC140 New Britain Ave
- Trademark EnterprisePo box 153
- The BullBag
- Vista Home Improvement2003 Riverdale Street
WEST SPRINGFIELD, Massachusetts
- Vista Home Improvement
- Yankee Home Improvement Inc82 Industrial Dr
- Yankee Home Improvement Inc