Your front door should make a great first impression. This guide presents all the types of front doors available to purchase, from steel to solid wood to wrought iron, and also includes important tips to know before you hand over your credit card.
Get matched with top door installers in Hamden, CT
There are 79 highly-rated local door installers.
Recent Door Installation Reviews in Hamden
- East Bay Home RepairWe had an extremely positive experience with Adie Ashma and East Bay Home Repair. We enjoyed working with Adie because we could trust him, and we liked his calm, rational, easygoing personality. He is a good man and an honest man, and he really wants his clients to be pleased with his work. He was comfortable making suggestions and also patient with us when we wanted something done in a particular way – even if it meant redoing work already completed. When problems arose, Adie talked them over with us calmly, and together we decided the best course of action. He also willingly went beyond the letter of our contract, to add small touches to enhance the final outcome – and never nickel-and-dimed us, either. We are very, very pleased with the end result. We love our new bathroom (so spacious, so light!), and we enjoy our refreshed bedroom, too. Not everything went well, however. The carpentry and tiling were uniformly excellent, but the plumbing, sheetrock, and compounding were not always as skillful. The plumbing for the shower and tub went smoothly, for example, but the plumbing for the vanity had to be done three times before it fit just right. In the end, everything looks great and functions flawlessly; the shower, in particular, is gorgeous. Adie’s workers are all polite and friendly, too, but a couple of them are learning new skills by being trained on the job. They also speak only limited English, so communication was sometimes difficult when Adie wasn’t present. Even so, Adie always made sure we were pleased with the work (and redid it if necessary). Two problems, a small one at the end and a big one at the beginning, illustrate Adie’s sincere desire to make sure we were satisfied. Three weeks after the job was complete, the tub stopped draining properly, but Adie quickly returned to replace the drain hose that had become kinked. A more notable problem occurred early on. During demolition, a pipe was dislodged, causing a small water leak, and shortly afterward, a worker misstepped between the exposed floor joists, both of which damaged the living room ceiling below. Adie assured us that he would take care of the damage, and he was true to his word. After the bathroom was complete, he replaced the damaged sheetrock and repainted the entire living room ceiling, so now it looks even better than it did before. In our view, a trustworthy contractor is worth his weight in gold, and Adie is even better than that. He is intelligent, thoughtful, and friendly, too, which made working with him a pleasure. We would definitely hire him again, and will when we renovate our other upstairs bathroom next year. On top of the positive experience, his costs are very reasonable. His proposal was toward the lower end of our range of bids, and MANY thousands of dollars less than the highest one. We highly recommend Adie Ashma read less
- Gove Restoration LLCWe have heard many great things about Gove Restoration and then had an opportunity to use them. They did not disappoint. They are reliable and professional. After coming to our home to look at the job they provided us with a very detailed and clear estimate of what needed to be done with a few options. They were respectful of keeping the area they were working on neat and clean during and after days end. Their workmanship cannot be beat. They provide high quality work and great customer service. I would never hesitate to use them again and recommend them to anyone who is doing a home renovation project read less
- Highland Window & Siding Company LLCWorking with Marc and his team at Highland has been a dream. From start to finish Marc was professional, informative, accessible, and respectful. His pricing was fair and the quality of work was exceptional. I appreciate the level of skill and care his team has for their craft. They did an excellent job keeping us informed and went above and beyond to transform the exterior of our house. I was so relieved to find such a reliable and upstanding company to work on our house. I wish I could give more than five stars for this company! I cannot recommend them highly enough read less
- K Kovacs Construction LLCExcellent! The work that was performed at my house by Kovacs was excellent. I needed to buy a new front door for my house and once purchased I needed someone to install it for me. Kovacs was recommended to me by someone who works at The House of Doors in Cheshire. I called and the next day they came out to give me a quote. I was pleased with the professionalism and the very kind demeanor of the owner and he also helped me walk through the decisions I had make on choosing the color of the door and the stain for the inside. I tend to consider alot and ask many questions and he was totally accommodating. Once the door was put in I was amazed at how great it looked. I got compliments from many neighbors! (In addition the door was picked it up for me, then painted and stained and then transported it to my house for installation). The fine work done on the front door led me to hire them for a second project of replacing many other old doors throughout the house which likewise came out very well. I highly recommend Kovacs for any home improvement projects one might have. You will be very pleased on all levels read less
- Sensible Home ProductsMy wife and I walked by a house in our neighborhood on our walk each morning for two weeks noting how meticulous the crew was. Our siding project had been on our home improvement list for far too long and I snapped a photo of Sensible Home Product’s sign and gave Jeremy a call. He responded quickly and set up a time to come over to meet us and our house. He didn’t know it at the time, but it was already his “job to lose”. He did not disappoint and only confirmed what we believed was a company that took pride in their work and used high quality materials that would stand up to the test of time in our harsh New England weather. He checked in with us from time to time as our project’s start date approached and covered seemingly all possible details with the focused objective of ensuring we would be satisfied with the result. We couldn’t be more delighted with how he and his team transformed our house! It did sincerely feel like we were doing business with the Sensible Home Products Family. I don’t know how he does it frankly, but whenever we had a question, Jeremy was always responsive and ensured every detail was addressed. In a world where we often “get what we pay for”, Jeremy and his team far exceeded our expectations! A neighbor friend who was a spectator closely watching the progress from start to finish said, “they aren’t vinyl siding installers, they are artisans”. We agree read less
- K Kovacs Construction LLCJay was amazing right from the beginning! Great communication and in a timely manner! I was kept up to date on when the windows and door would arrive and installed! We had 20 windows replaced and a front door with storm door! The installers were respectful, quick and clean! It was obvious they had great work ethic and worked as a team! They were in and out in one day!!! I absolutely would recommend their team and would use them again for future projects! A list is started! Thank you KOVACS for the stress free large project read less
- Mitchell restoration llcPaul and his team are excellent craftsmen. They share the high standards that I require. As a Realtor in CT, I have also referred Mitchell Restoration to many of my clients. They are the best around.
- Bauhaus ConstructionOliver did a great job for us. He provided a quick and competitive quote for having two doors replaced. He did a great job installing them and even came back to install the self closing hinges that the manufacturer didn’t provide. He was polite and friendly and will use his services again.
- Erick Home ImprovementIt went great! Francisco was so professional and friendly. He offered me fair prices and went above and beyond. The final outcome is outstanding.
- Sensible Home ProductsI knew when the man dropping off our dumpster at the beginning of our project said “just wait until you see what Jeremy does with this house. It is going to look amazing. You’re not going to believe it,” that we chose the right guy. The DELIVERY man. This sentiment, that no one will do a better job than Jeremy, echoed throughout the process with every trade that was involved, from the roofers to the man installing our new garage doors. He took our home, which was nice but dated, and turned it into something that we are in awe of. Every time my husband and I pull up in the driveway we have an ‘I can’t believe this is our house’ moment. Before it was even completed we had neighbors stopping us while we walked our dogs to tell us how beautiful the house was turning out and asking for his information. Jeremy went above and beyond on our behalf with our insurance company, getting us the full and proper replacement value for the damage to our home after a tree fell during a storm. He misses nothing, and I mean nothing! His attention to detail is exceptional and he communicated with us about every minute detail throughout the renovation process. He was always available, day or night, and would take the time needed to make sure that our questions were answered and our needs were met. The workers showed up on time and always exactly when he said they would, a detail my husband especially appreciated. Jeremy is the consummate professional and his work, his skill, his vision, and his product are unparalleled in the market and you would be hard pressed to find any contractor that would do a better job. Sensible Home Products is the full package, and I cannot recommend them highly enough read less
Door Installers in Hamden
- Business Description:Budget Dry Waterproofing is family owned and operated, We also an Angie's List Super Service Award winner and have been since 2011. We offer free inspections and estimates to home owners and business owners. We also offer both 0% interest and monthly payment plans, accept all credit cards, personal and business checks. Mention Angie's List on your initial call and save 5%. Check out our services offered and call or click to schedule a free estimate today! 203-421-856 read lessRecent Review:Excellent Service, very informative & professional, Timely and bery neat with great clean up, Very satisfied with equipment installed and work donecharles s.
- Business Description:Our goal is to provide quick and professional service. With a team of experts with 20 years of experience you can be reassured that your needs will be met. We are a strictly mobile service locksmith company, with a total of 5 vans on the road that allows us to have same day services. . The prices range is based on the grade of the lock and quantity. We accept all major credit cards read lessRecent Review:Outstanding - was done quickly and professionallyTom H.
- Business Description:East Bay Home Repair provides professional handyman and home renovation services to its clients. We offer quality repairs and maintenance and take pride in our work with service you can trust. We have years of experience in home improvement and renovation services. We have established strong and lasting relationships with our clients through our professionalism, attention to detail and ensuring customer satisfaction is our top priority. Whatever your project, we'll make sure it is done rig.. read lessRecent Review:We had an extremely positive experience with Adie Ashma and East Bay Home Repair. We enjoyed working with Adie because we could trust him, and we liked his calm, rational, easygoing personality. He is a good man and an honest man, and he really wants his clients to be pleased with his work. He was comfortable making suggestions and also patient with us when we wanted something done in a particular way – even if it meant redoing work already completed. When problems arose, Adie talked them over with us calmly, and together we decided the best course of action. He also willingly went beyond the letter of our contract, to add small touches to enhance the final outcome – and never nickel-and-dimed us, either. We are very, very pleased with the end result. We love our new bathroom (so spacious, so light!), and we enjoy our refreshed bedroom, too. Not everything went well, however. The carpentry and tiling were uniformly excellent, but the plumbing, sheetrock, and compounding were not always as skillful. The plumbing for the shower and tub went smoothly, for example, but the plumbing for the vanity had to be done three times before it fit just right. In the end, everything looks great and functions flawlessly; the shower, in particular, is gorgeous. Adie’s workers are all polite and friendly, too, but a couple of them are learning new skills by being trained on the job. They also speak only limited English, so communication was sometimes difficult when Adie wasn’t present. Even so, Adie always made sure we were pleased with the work (and redid it if necessary). Two problems, a small one at the end and a big one at the beginning, illustrate Adie’s sincere desire to make sure we were satisfied. Three weeks after the job was complete, the tub stopped draining properly, but Adie quickly returned to replace the drain hose that had become kinked. A more notable problem occurred early on. During demolition, a pipe was dislodged, causing a small water leak, and shortly afterward, a worker misstepped between the exposed floor joists, both of which damaged the living room ceiling below. Adie assured us that he would take care of the damage, and he was true to his word. After the bathroom was complete, he replaced the damaged sheetrock and repainted the entire living room ceiling, so now it looks even better than it did before. In our view, a trustworthy contractor is worth his weight in gold, and Adie is even better than that. He is intelligent, thoughtful, and friendly, too, which made working with him a pleasure. We would definitely hire him again, and will when we renovate our other upstairs bathroom next year. On top of the positive experience, his costs are very reasonable. His proposal was toward the lower end of our range of bids, and MANY thousands of dollars less than the highest one. We highly recommend Adie Ashma read lessSteve C.
- Business Description:With over 30 years of experience, D.H. Radomski, Inc. is one of the leading home improvement contractors in the Greater Hartford Area. Started in 1976 by David Radomski, with the intention of offering quality home improvements at fair and reasonable prices, the company has grown into one of the most reputable and recognizable names in home improvements. Whether you're looking to make your home more energy efficient, or to simply improve the look, D.H. Radomski, Inc. can help you with all of y.. read lessRecent Review:The windows were replaced in one day with a little follow up work the next day. It was done very professionally with very little disturbance inside or out. The windows are Harvey Tribute and we are very pleased with the way the operate and with their tightness. The siding job followed right after the windows. We had a single installer and thus the job took about 4 weeks but it was done very nicely and again we are pleased with the result. Dave Radomski is a very knowledgeable and experienced contractor who does an excellent job of listening to the customer, making helpful suggestions and then overseeing the work read lessJohn G.
- Business Description:Visit us at our showroom! 719 Silas Deane Hwy, Weathersfield, CT 06109 Home Improvement Company. Award winning. Additional phone numbers - (203) 729-9576, (203) 732-2594, (203) 735-0537, (203) 735-8413, (203) 734-2370, (203) 734-2375, (203) 735-7601, (203) 367-3128 & (203) 481-8960. Additional DBA - D R S Remodeling LLC. Additional contact name - Charlie Marino read less
- Business Description:License # HIC. 0623968, All work performed by owner, Free Estimates, Senior DiscountsRecent Review:Great service, on time, neat, attention to detail.linda s.
- Business Description:Does your home need replacement windows, roofing, siding, doors, or attic insulation that is high-quality, energy-efficient, and comes with a lifetime warranty? We're the nation's largest full-service exterior home remodeler and over 500-time Angie’s List Super Service award winner. We can help transform your house into a beautiful and cost-effective home you've always dreamed of. At Power, you'll love our friendly, knowledgable, and professional remodeling consultants and be delighted by our.. read lessRecent Review:Everything went really smoothly from the initial quote to the installation. Everyone was very helpful and professional.Lynn V.
- Business Description:I remodel bathrooms, install attic gable fans, to assembling furniture. I am diligent and motivated to do the best job possible. I am a owner-operated small business, which means, you will be directly work with me, the owner. I look forward to working together and bringing the project to life read lessRecent Review:Chase from Fix It Home Services was professional, knowledgeable, and installed our gable attic fan quickly and without any issues. Highly recommend!Katelyn B.
- Business Description:Free Estimate With No Trip Charge For Angie's List Members!! Welcome to Alliance Home Improvement, a trusted company with a truly personal approach that has helped people of all walks of life achieve the space of their dreams. Our Company provides free estimates with no obligation and home energy saving audits. Rated as an “A+” by the Better Business Bureau and member of prestigious builder associations. We are a 3rd generation contractor offering professionals with a combined 20 years of exp.. read lessRecent Review:My choices were a little limited due to COVID crisis, but contacted 2 highest rated companies on Angie's. First was a small firm who was booked thru the Fall. Alliance has several crews and were able to get to us quickly. First visit was great (David), who provided the quote, alternatives, samples, pictures & addresses of previous work. Price was reasonable. Crew started a couple of weeks later. Very professional and courteous crew of three. Once they show up, they stay to finish the job. Separate gutter crew came shortly after siding was done. Cost was $28,000 for a 2 story cape with shake siding. We love the shake look compared to traditional horizontal siding, esp for a cape house. We highly recommend Alliance read lessDavid N.
- Business Description:Russell Building & Remodeling LLC has been satisfying our customers since 1988. We value old time ethics as well as a one on one relationship that you just don't find today with the big box stores or the mega sized home improvement companies. Visit us at RussellBuilding.com to learn what makes us different and find our current online specials read lessRecent Review:I can't thank John Russell enough what a outstanding job he did on our bathroom. Our house is 95 years old and was last updated in early 1970. John from the very start explained issues we would run into with the house leaning and walls that by todays standards are no longer up to code. John had a very hard job with just trying to get supplies up the steep narrow stairs and sometimes he needed to bring them in via the bedroom windows. John was on time, on budget and respected our property as if it was his own. We turned our keys over to John and what a beautiful job he did. John from the very start communicated what supplies we needed and he stayed at the house for deliveries to make sure everything was correct. John was flexible with our schedules and other contractors in the house at the time. Every time we visited the house it was broom clean and tools and parts were all neatly organized. John is a very friendly and easy going person that reassured us that he would correct other contractors mistakes that we had found. I wish I could give John 100 stars because both my wife and I are so pleased with his work. We have many more projects for the house and are looking forward to working with John again in the near future. From the bottom of our hearts thank you John Russell we love our bathroom! read lessMark S.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful door installer articles
There are many types of door locks available to homeowners, and each has their own benefits, drawbacks, and uses. This guide breaks down the most common types of door locks, what their attributes are, and in what cases you should consider using them.
The front door is the first thing most people will notice about your home, which is why even small upgrades can give you curb appeal a big boost. This guide lists seven changes you can make to your front door that will have a big impact.
Find door installers in
- New Haven
- North Haven
- East Haven
- West Haven
- Beacon Falls
- North Branford
door installers in Hamden
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- 24H Garage Doors91 Shelton Ave Suite 110
New Haven, Connecticut
- 24H Garage Doors
- A ferrucci Building and Remodeling L.L.C.26 South Main St.
- A Jack of All Trades and Master of One Carpentry58 Rainbow Ct
- A Just Improvement LLCPO Box 459
South Windsor, Connecticut
- A&M Home Improvemnt50 Stratton Court
- A-1 Windows & Doors LLC7 Herman Drive
- A-Z home improvement contractor13 forest road
- AA All American LocksmithsPO Box 746
- AAA Builders LLC177 Monticello Drive
- AAA&B Locksmith Llc 203-217-6494 24hour Locksmith33 N Main St #6
- AAF RemodelingPO Box 1094
- ABC Supply Company INC / Bradco / Wickes (Check Pa260 Bradley Street
East Haven, Connecticut
- ABC Supply Company INC / Bradco / Wickes (Check Pa18 Dover ST
- Absolute Garage Doors57 Longo Dr
- Ace Handyman Services Orange 233 Boston Post Rd
- Action Windows & Siding LLC220 South St
West Hartford, Connecticut
- addco doors & more73 Henry st
East Haven, Connecticut
- Advanced Window Systems14 Alcap Rdg
- Advantage Overhead Door85 Christian Hill Rd
- Affordable Handyman of CT LLC58 Green Street
- Affordable Home Solutions1257 Southord Rd.
- Affordable Painting & Construction234 Morro St
- Agile Construction and Home Improvement84 Galpin St Fl 1
- AK Carpentry LLC19 Jude Rd
- Aladdin44 Arch St
- Alberts Home Repair44 Chasse Rd
- ALCO HOME IMPROVEMENT CONTRACTOR LLC37 Manila Avenue
- Ales Renovations321 Main St.
- Alfred W. Ivan Painting Power Washing76 Atwater Ave
- ALL PRO WINDOWS LLC994 Federal Rd Suite 2
- All Products Painting1651 Tolland Turnpike
- All Saints Remodeling LLC135 Rockwell Abe
- Allbello Carpentry7 Sheffield St.
- Alliance Home Improvement Inc375 Chicopee St.
- Allied Building Contractors, LLC174 South Main Street
West Hartford, Connecticut
- Allstate Windows LLC1275 Cromwell Ave Suite B4
Rocky Hill, Connecticut
- Alterio Construction LLC78 Williamsburg Dr
- American Cleaning & Restoration, LLC375 Mather St
- American Excellence LLC Garage Doors & Awnings15 Center St
- American Remodeling19 Green Field Ln
North Haven, Connecticut
- Amity CarpentryPO 3624
New Haven, Connecticut
- Anchor Overhead Door Sales Co24 Wooster Rd
- Anderson Building & Remodeling Inc.206 Thayer Rd
- Andy's Home Improvement Center32 Wintonbury Ave
- Apple Hill Construction LLCPO Box 206
Beacon Falls, Connecticut
- AR Renovations LLC25 Murray Rd
- Arrow Window Home Improvement Co55 Tunxis Vlg
- Artisan Remodeling & Construction LLC255 Bear Hill Rd
- Artisan Renovations, LLC59 Golf Street
- Artisan Stairs & Millwork63 Slater St
- ARTitectual Builders LLC47 Turner Ave
- Ash Creek Remodeling5 Ash Creek Rd
- Atlas Overhead Door Sales105 WINDERMERE AVE
- Attention To Detail Construction28 Marlson Rd
- Automatic Door Co.100 Corporate Drive Unit B-107
- Automatic Door DR, Inc.121 North Plains Industrial Road Unit B
- AWC Energy11 BOYSEN DR
- A ferrucci Building and Remodeling L.L.C.
- B&B Overhead Door LLC16 Progress Circle
- BA Builders LLC114 Richard St
- Bartlett Brainard Products Co75 Talcott Rd P. O. Box 330037
West Hartford, Connecticut
- Basement Solutions LLC37 Main St # 1388
NEW MILFORD, Connecticut
- Baybrook Remodelers Inc824 Boston Post Rd
West Haven, Connecticut
- Beard construction25 pequot rd
- Begnoche Construction36 Carroll st
- Bencar Building Systems, LLC210 N Plains Industrial Rd
- Bentley's Home Improvement LLC99 Murray St
- Berkeley Exteriors121 Bridgeport Ave
- Bernier Building & Remodeling Inc167 Cherry St # 405
- Better Built Basements LLC229 Christian Ln
- Better Business Services118 Main St
- Better Homes Siding & Improvements LLC72 Carson Ave
- Bi-Glass of Connecticut, Inc1033 Prospect Ave
- BIGGINS AUTO REPAIR LLC1071 Main St.
- BILL'S AUTO PARTS844 TOLLAND STAGE RD
- Bird Enterprises1036 Spindle Hill Rd
- Bishops Home Services9945 Buice Rd
- BL Remodeling LLC659 Camp Street
- Blake James Construction123 Edson Ave
- BLM Construction llc458 Middle Tpke
STORRS MANSFIELD, Connecticut
- BLT & Dao properties2461 Berlin tpke
- Bova construction46 wolcott rd
- Branford Building Supplies1145 Main St
- Bruno Baroni & Son Constr185 Pershing Ave
New Britain, Connecticut
- Budget Dry Waterproofing Inc158 Route 81
- B&B Overhead Door LLC
- Callaway Design141 Grove Street
- CareFree Home Pros136 Simsbury Rd. Bldg 16
- Carlson Garage Doors Inc67 Maiden Ln
- Carolla Construction LLC229 Branford Rd
North Branford, Connecticut
- Caron Building & Remodling llcPO Box 150
South Glastonbury, Connecticut
- Caruso Construction LLC1840 Morrill St Apt 207
- Casanova Remodeling Company LLC655 Main St
- CD BUILDERS INC100 WEST RD
- CD Property Services LLC50 Maxine rd
- CertaPro Painters® of Danbury & Ridgefield CT51 Sugar Hollow Rd Suite203
- CHAJEC CONSTRUCTION LLC539 Andrews St
- Champion Windows and Home Exteriors of Providence362 Elm St
- Chandler Home Improvement LLC1224 Worthington Ridge
- Charles Abatement, LLC91 Shelton Avenue
New Haven, Connecticut
- Charlesworth Remodeling LLC24 Edgewood rd
North Branford, Connecticut
- Charm's Security Hardware Inc886 Campbell Ave
West Haven, Connecticut
- Callaway Design