Valerie Spencer Interiors LLC

Founded 2007 • With Angi since December 2010

Valerie Spencer Interiors LLC: Precision Window Treatment Installation and Handyman Service. Blinds,shades and interior shutter measurement,installation,repairs and sales. Small job specialty handyman service. Certified professional installer for Hunter Douglas, Kirsch/Levelor as well as Somfy

A Service Provider's profile imageA Service Provider's profile image

handyman (73)window treatment (29)electrician (13)door installation (10)plumbers (4)lighting (4)appliance repair (4)interior painting (3)home theater installation (3)closet design (3)home remodeling (2)small appliance repair (2)

07/25/2022

Susan M.

Very well!! Brian did a great job installing 4 custom blinds in my home. Brian measured the rest of our widows and offered sound advice on how to accurately order blinds for them. I highly recommend Brian for his handyman services.

Description of Work
Installation of blinds

Work Completed On 07/11/2022

11/04/2021

Dana F.

I can't say enough good things about Brian, who took care of this work for me. He returned my call promptly, listened carefully to what I needed, and was able to go out to my house within a few days to look at the space available for the two needed light fixtures. He then gave me excellent advice on the type of fixtures that would fit, and the exact sizees I needed to order, as well as what locations would work best for connecting them to the existing wiring. Using his advice, I was able to order the fixtures, which he then came out again to install. He obviously has good skills, but he was also prompt, efficient, honest, and very professional. I will not hesitate to contact him again when I need any further work done -- thanks Brian!

Description of Work
I needed someone to install 2 outdoor light fixtures at my house

Category appliance repair, electrician, handyman service

Work Completed On 10/15/2021

09/23/2021

David B.

I was visited by Brian Fialkoff on September 23, 2021. He was here exactly on time, was pleasant, efficient, effectively examined and fixed my problem - a binding power shade. Aside from leaving zero trace of his visit (aside from fixing what needed fixing) he left parting suggestions on how to avoid the recurrence of my problem. I would recommend Brian's services to anyone and would hire him again without hesitation.

Description of Work
A motorized shade was stuck and needed reprogramming.

Category appliance repair, window treatments

Work Completed On 09/23/2021

03/11/2021

Joe W.

Excellent!Brian was very professional and accurate he was knowledgeable of what I needed done.Brian ran into an issue while installing my faucet and needed to reschedule to come back and fix it he rescheduled in a timely manner even though he was very busy with other jobs Brian refused full payment until the job was complete Brian was a huge help with everything I recommend valerie Spencer interiors and Brian for all your home improvement projects I will be recommending him to all I know who need work done.

Description of Work
Kitchen faucet garbage disposal new light outside

Category electrician, handyman service, plumbing

Work Completed On 03/10/2021

11/13/2020

Nancy C.

hang mirrors, curtain rods, shelving

Description of Work
Brian was the ultimate handyman. Skillful, efficient, courteous and reasonably priced. Plan to hire him in the future.

Work Completed On 01/08/1970

04/02/2020

Mike L.

Brian was professional, clean, neat and pleasant. Showed up on time and performed the job in a quick and efficient manner. Would definitely hire him again.

Description of Work
Install hand bar for shower

Work Completed On 04/02/2020

03/24/2020

Ryan K.

Everything went fine. Prompt arrival.

Description of Work
Rip out vanity and toilets

Work Completed On 03/24/2020

03/22/2020

Lena O.

Brian arrived on time and was professional and pleasant. He seems very knowledgeable about his work and explained things when needed. I will definitely hire him again to work on the list of items to be fixed/updated in my new house. He did an excellent job and gave me a few tips.

Description of Work
Replaced dining room chandelier, kitchen sink, door locks, and dryer outlet in laundry room.

Work Completed On 03/20/2020

Review for Valerie Spencer Interiors LLC - 9 Woodlot Ln, Middletown, CT - 38455994

03/21/2020

Joseph C.

Brian performed an excellent job on our doors. He arrived when he said he would, charged us what he estimated the job would cost, and most important, fixed the doors extremely well.

Description of Work
Fix 2 doors

Category handyman service, doors

Work Completed On 03/19/2020

02/15/2020

Steven T.

Brian was incredible. He was on time, cordial, and did fantastic work. We are very excited to use Brian for more projects in the future.

Description of Work
TV mounted on brick, Nest installation

Category electrician, handyman service

Work Completed On 02/05/2020

10/01/2019

Von K.

Brian was awesome when it came to tackling our list of things that needed fixing/installing around our house. He was very professional, taking his time beforehand to ask the right questions about our projects, and giving his informed opinions on the best way to execute it. On his appointed days, he came in & got the job done quickly and expertly. His work looks great & we'd definitely hire him again!

Description of Work
Ceiling fan & appliance installation, other odds/ends around the house

Category electrician, handyman service, small appliance repair, ceiling fans

Work Completed On 09/23/2019

08/30/2019

Martha R.

One of the doors in my old house took longer than expected but all three are now working or have been replaced. Brian was easy to contact and available within a couple weeks.

Description of Work
I needed help with three doors. One needed trimming/rehung, one needed to be replaced and one needed a new lock.

Category handyman service, doors

Work Completed On 07/26/2019

08/15/2019

Damon C.

Brian and I arranged a day for the work to be done, and he showed up on that day. We arranged an appointment time the morning of. Communication was easy (by text). He showed up on time, completed the work very quickly (15 minutes or so), and did great work. I paid the originally quoted amount. I would definitely hire again and recommend to others.

Description of Work
Rehanging of vertical blinds headrail and re-attachment of vanes; large window

Work Completed On 08/15/2019

Review for Valerie Spencer Interiors LLC - 9 Woodlot Ln, Middletown, CT - 38055879

01/15/2019

Eugene P.

Brian Filkoff came and measured the skylight opening and provided an estimate promptly. Cost was IMO very reasonable and an order was placed. Delivery from mfgr was a couple of weeks longer than expected. Brian ret'd on a Saturday, installed the unit, programmed the remote and tested the unit's fit and response. He was professional and very capable. No complaints. Definitely recommend.

Description of Work
Install motorized blind on skylight

Work Completed On 01/05/2019

11/21/2018

Cinda M.

It went well. He showed up at the time he agreed to. Shutters Came In as scheduled.

Description of Work
Hung a large Mirror and purchased Plantation shutters. They look beautiful and the quality and installation are excellent.

Work Completed On 08/15/2018

10/19/2018

Tom G.

Brian arrived on time and quickly dispatched the work. Very satisfied!

Description of Work
Hang a light in the kitchen

Category electrician, handyman service

Work Completed On 10/18/2018

10/05/2018

Srinivasan T.

Clean & professional work. He is on time & good communication

Description of Work
Diswasher, lock & smoke detector install

Category electrician, handyman service, small appliance repair, doors

Work Completed On 09/30/2018

09/19/2018

ARLENE F.

Great!! Brian accomplished a very professional job on door lock and window shade installations. Very efficient and pleasant to do business with. Offers such a wide variety of handymen services, I would definitely consider his services for other projects as well. Nice workmanship!

Description of Work
Window shade installation and door lock.

Work Completed On 09/19/2018

09/06/2018

Tom D.

Brian was great! Very professional. Very responsive. Saved us from a lot of frustration and aggravation if we had tried to do these things ourselves. He worked quickly and tirelessly. Was solution-oriented for an issue we ran into with one of the projects. He's worth every penny! Before he left, we already scheduled another appointment for him to do more work!

Description of Work
Various handyman projects

Work Completed On 09/05/2018

09/01/2018

Richard B.

Did a very good job efficiently. Would hire again

Description of Work
Replaced mechanisms for casement windows, put an outlet in and moved light, removed screens on patio doors

Category electrician, handyman service, screen repair

Work Completed On 08/25/2018

08/31/2018

Sathya M.

Brian was great. Professional and a good handyman!

Description of Work
Sink replacement

Work Completed On 08/31/2018

07/31/2018

io M.

Very, very well. I have another job to ask him for an estimate. I will recommend him.

Description of Work
replace floor under Kitchen sink

Category handyman service, home remodeling

Work Completed On 07/31/2018

07/31/2018

Todd R.

Brian was excellent. He texted ahead of time to confirm the appointment, was on time, worked steadily for 3.5 hrs and charged us BELOW his estimate since we had to delay a bit of the work. Ours is an old house and he was very creative and resourceful in adjusting his approach based on what was behind each wall or (in the case of the coat-rack shelf) already on the wall, and what would require the least amount of repainting/caulking later. He advised us wisely on a host of other projects for no extra cost. Because his price was so reasonable and his work so solid we are already having him back next Saturday! We just bought this house last year and it's such a relief to find someone to take care of the many odd jobs required.

Description of Work
Installation/replacement of 5 light fixtures and repurposed coatrack shelf

Category electrician, handyman service, lighting