Oronoque Home Improvement LLC

Founded 1980 • With Angi since July 2010

Your home is the most important investment of your life. It is our job to protect that investment through our extensive experience, addressing all your needs to maintain the value of your home. Together with our outstanding staff, we provide quality home improvement services to the area. We encourage a lasting relationship with our customers, as our satisfied customers are our best advertisement. We offer no obligation estimates dealing directly with the owner. With your estimate you will receive local references and our certificate of insurance. We would be happy to consult with you regarding every aspect of your project. Certified Lead Renovator. Additional phone number: 1-866-775-1920...

Veteran Owned & OperatedVeteran Owned & Operated
LGBTQ+ FriendlyLGBTQ+ Friendly
Se Habla EspañolSe Habla Español
Eco FriendlyEco Friendly

A Service Provider's profile image

+16 more images

decks & porches202106614
New composite deck and railings
Russo Deck project

decks & porches

202106614

4.4

woodworking (19)decks & porches (19)interior painting (18)door installation (17)window replacement (17)home remodeling (12)snow removal (10)roofing (10)gutter repair (10)house painting (8)siding companies (8)handyman (8)

04/15/2022

Maureen C.

We have hired OHI for multiple projects over the last 10 years for shower repair, new window installation new garage roof and for a completely rebuilt roof on our house. Jim is quick to respond to requests for estimates and he and his crew are always on time, courteous and thorough and the clean up is perfect. All of the projects have been exceptional and we have had no issues afterwards. We highly recommend Oronoque Home Improvement!

Description of Work
Roofing, window installation, shower installation repair

Category gutter repair, plumbing, roofing, replacement windows, home remodeling

Work Completed On 04/15/2022

08/12/2021

CARL R.

It went exceptionally well. Work was just what we wanted. Job looked great. Workers were pros. Cleaned up every day and never left a mess. I would give them 5 stars.

Description of Work
replace an existing deck

Category contractors, decks

Work Completed On 08/12/2021

03/08/2021

Kerry M.

Jim and this company are amazing. From the time they come for the estimate until the job is complete you get very personalized care. They are meticulous while they work. Very clean and neat and put everything in place every day before they go home. Their work is unbelievable! They built us a beautiful window seat and then built a whole new banister and railing for our complicated staircase. I have never come across a more reliable, honest, hard working company. I would never call anyone else to do any of the projects in my house. The workers are efficient, timely and so pleasant to have around. Honestly this is the best company I have ever hired and I look forward to more projects with them. Kerry McCabe

Description of Work
built a window seat and made a new banister for a very long catwalk

Category remodeling, woodworking

Work Completed On 03/07/2021

02/21/2021

DIANE S.

Fantastically! We need snow removed with snow blowers and shovels because our property's surfaces are pavers and stone so you can't use a plow. They've cleared us out three times in the past two weeks. James Faris and his crew are first rate. I'm so glad I found them!

Description of Work
Snow removal

Category contractors, snow removal

Work Completed On 02/19/2021

12/07/2020

Norman S.

Excellent! We were very pleased with the work that was done. The workers were very conscientious and paid attention to detail. After the job was completed they cleaned up and left the areas immaculate. Each of them were friendly and professional. We highly would recommend Oronoque.

Description of Work
Replace entry door and storm doors

Category garage builders, doors

Work Completed On 11/23/2020

08/23/2020

Chris C.

The Oronoque team did a superb job and showed their versatility, handling multiple projects simultaneously. They are real professionals and craftsmen. Jim, the owner, is an industry veteran who takes your problems to heart. The main project, a new TimberTech deck, came out beautifully!

Description of Work
Built new deck, replaced gutters, repaired damaged sills and shingles, painted exterior.

Category decks, gutter repair, pressure washing, woodworking, house painters

Work Completed On 08/23/2020

01/23/2020

Germano G.

It went Great! With Jim Faris and his crew at Oronoque we felt we were dealing with true professionals. They handled the multiple, diverse projects to our complete satisfaction. They were prompt, efficient and left the work area clean and tidy. I give Oronoque 5 stars without reservation. In fact, we will be using them again later this year for other projects.

Description of Work
multiple projects which included restoration of the entire front of our Tudor style home which suffered significant damage, new wider gutters to handle prior overflow which caused much of the problem, new windows, new front door, restored balcony with door, interior painting, lighting, and more.

Category gutter repair, remodeling, replacement windows, woodworking, interior painters, doors

Work Completed On 01/23/2020

06/19/2019

Leonid A.

Excellent custom service, easy scheduling. Team assembled at my house at exactly scheduled time and did great work. The estimate vs actual differed 28% so I am not too thrilled about it. But they did a very thorough job. Gutters were cleaned, disassembled where needed, installed and sealed. Will have to wait till first rain to confirm the quality of work and accuracy of the pitch.

Description of Work
Re-install gutters after roof replacement

Category gutter repair, remodeling

Work Completed On 06/19/2019

05/18/2019

Douglas G.

Jim Faris quoted to replace our 30-year-old wood porch deck and railing with composite material. The price seems a bit high but we were ready for a change. His crew were excellent; they remove the old deck boards, installed the new material, minimized waste, and left us with a beautiful deck with excellent fit and finish. The job took a bit longer than expected due to weather and a couple miscalculations but he stuck to the price. Faris also pointed out a gutter and a gable issue with the home which his crew also repaired at a nominal additional cost.

Description of Work
Replace wood deck and railing

Category decks, gutter repair, siding, deck cleaning, pressure washing, woodworking

Work Completed On 05/11/2019

Review for Oronoque Home Improvement LLC - 1130 James Farm Rd, Stratford, CT - 37882444

04/03/2019

Maureen C.

Jim and his crew worked on our house over a three week time period. They were always prompt and notified us of any change in the schedule due to weather. Opening the roof revealed extensive water damage which significantly added to the cost but Jim provided photos documenting the structural conditions and explained the rebuilding process and the materials needed. We are also pleased with the replacement windows and the finish work on both the interior and exterior. Jim's crew were exceptional. They worked non-stop and always left a clean work site.

Description of Work
Roof and windows.

Category home builders

05/02/2018

joanne P.

Terrific! We discussed what I wanted first and we were able to keep the cost close to my original budget. During their work, a leak was found behind the siding which they brought to my attention. This was an extra charge, but I'm glad they caught the problem before it developed into a larger one and they repaired my windows. The crew was clean, friendly, and did an excellent job. When I first saw the completed project, I thought to myself, "I couldn't have asked for anything better." I'll definitely recommend OHI to others and call them again myself for future services needed.

Description of Work
Wanted a pergola on my deck

Category decks, masonry, remodeling, siding, replacement windows

Work Completed On 04/28/2018

Review for Oronoque Home Improvement LLC - 1130 James Farm Rd, Stratford, CT - 37033206

04/25/2018

Jeb S.

OHI did a great job on my music rehearsal studio. They had to follow very detailed plans from the acoustical engineering company for how to install all of the sound-proofing components for the ceiling and walls and did a great job. Always showed up on time and kept the job moving along very quickly. Also paid a lot of attention to keeping the "construction mess" to a minimum. Final result is a beautiful place for my band(s) to rehearse in with minimal noise flowing through the rest of the home. It's pretty much my favorite part of the entire house now! I would use them again without hesitation and would also recommend them to anyone.

Description of Work
Remodel of Basement Rehearsal Studio

Category drywall, remodeling, woodworking, interior painters

Work Completed On 03/14/2018

04/02/2018

Lillian M.

They did not do a good job at all, were over priced and unprofessional. He even plowed our driveway after we asked him not to; plowing a mound of rock solid snow right up to our door step. He also dug up some of the grass by getting stuck in the driveway. He did not due our sidewalk or turn around. He used elements on our driveway that are harmful to our animals which we did not ask for. We had to pay someone else to complete the service and correct what he had done.

Description of Work
Snow Removal

Category snow removal

Work Completed On 01/06/2018

As the owner of this company I feel I must respond to this incorrect review to my Angies List account. I have been an Angies List provider for the last 7 years . This is the first time I have responded to a customers review . My company did not provide any snow removal services to this customer on 1/6/2018. I do recall a customer on [Member Information Removed] av contacting my company back in the blizzard of 2014. Upon arrival I observed approximately 4-5 feet of drifted snow in a severely down sloping driveway to a front facing garage. I told them we would do our best to get them out which we did and were paid for our services Why this Customer waited 3 years to attack my Services with a poor rating is beyond reasonable thinking. If they were unhappy with the service why did they pay us? They should have called or reviewed us back then and we would have corrected any problems at our expense or refunded their money I would ask my account manager to ask this customer to provide a bill from my company or a canceled check to validate their date of work. OHI

03/03/2018

Gail J.

It went wonderful. The people are phenomenal, kind, unbelievable and trustworthy.

Description of Work
They did repairing on my garage.

Category garage builders

Work Completed On 10/01/2017

09/29/2017

Jeri Ann C.

Fantastic! We have trusted OHI since we bought our house in 2004 and have not been disappointed. Jim and his crew take care of everything and are delightful to work with. Highly recommended!!!

Description of Work
Bathroom remodel and repair, interior painting, exterior painting, kitchen repair, driveway sealing, plumbing work, electrical work, snow removal

Category ceramic tile, decks, drywall, gutter cleaning, handyman service, plumbing, remodeling, deck cleaning, pressure washing, roof snow removal, snow removal, woodworking, home remodeling, house painters, interior painters, doors

Work Completed On 09/29/2017

09/29/2017

Dave H.

Ornoque's pricing isn't the lowest, but I always feel like I get value for every penny I spend. The crew is punctual, respectful, and pleasant. I feel like they treat the job like the home was their own. Jim follows-up -- either on site, or with a frequent check-ins -- and is always available to talk about work they've done, even if months later, and has come back a few times to tweak things that were above and beyond what he was responsible for.

Description of Work
We've used Oronoque Home Improvement (aka "Jim") for everything over the past 15-20 years... house painting, roof and window replacement, interior painting, a new deck, siding repair and replacement. Name it, and I'd have Oronoque come and give us a quote, at the least - and most likely would select them. The most recent job was replacing all our windows and some interior painting.

Category remodeling, replacement windows, interior painters

Work Completed On 10/31/2016

09/27/2017

janet G.

never showed up for estimate took day off waited

Description of Work
none..never showed up for appointment

Category doors

09/26/2017

Lindsay K.

The job took longer than I expected but attention to detail was phenomenal. Every small detail was looked at and the workmanship was excellent. To be fair the roof and door were added during the project and the inconvenience was well worth the result.

Description of Work
Replaced cedar shakes with vinyl shakes replaced roof replaced all trim on house and windows replaced 2 doors new gutters plumbing repair replaced outside lighting

Category gutter repair, plumbing, remodeling, roofing, siding, replacement windows, doors

Work Completed On 09/01/2017

Thanks for the great review [Member Name Removed]. Keep us in mind for winter interior work. Jim

08/28/2017

Lisa P.

Jim was very punctual and seemed to understand what we wanted. He gave his estimate very quickly. When I asked for the Angie's List discount, he said it was applied, although the quote did not mention any discount, which was not a good feeling. I agreed to use his services anyway. I was very specific in my request that I wanted a door that was primed white. He assured me that the trim and door were primed white. When he arrived I saw that the door was not primed white. I had to prime and sand it myself which was several hours more work. Basically, wasting one more day of my weekend than I would have, if I just had to paint. Installation itself was not bad and they were pretty neat. (Although they forgot to bring grout.) All and all skill level is high, but I would be hesitant to let them supply materials. Not getting what I agreed to was key driver in my overall review.

Description of Work
Replace rear entry door

Category remodeling, doors

Work Completed On 07/26/2017

08/07/2017

Robert E.

It went very well and pretty much on schedule.

Description of Work
Demolition of old deck and built new deck, Great job.

Category decks, remodeling

Work Completed On 04/07/2015

06/05/2017

Ron M.

Everything went well and Jim was a pleasure to deal with. I would definitely use again.

Description of Work
Siding installation

Category remodeling, siding

Work Completed On 06/05/2017

02/10/2017

Joseph F.

Responded after a major storm to clear 11 inches of now from my home. It was done quickly, professionally and, given the amount of snow, a reasonable cost

Description of Work
sidewalk and driveway snow removal

Category remodeling, snow removal