5 STAR WINDOW DETAILING

Founded 2002 • With Angi since November 2013

21515 hawthorne blvd Ste 200

Torrance, CA 90250

WE ARE A COMMERCIAL AND RESIDENTIAL WINDOW CLEANING COMPANY...

03/13/2018

Joy W.

Hector was thorough and fast in washing all my windows. Since he was new to my house, He asked to see all the windows, and proceeded to tell me where he would start first. He let me know when he finished the outside, so I could let the dogs out as he washed the windows inside. He checked each window for any necessary redos. I will be using them every 6 months!

Description of Work
Semi annual washing of my windows inside and outside

Category house cleaning

08/05/2017

Valerie B.

They were wonderful. They were incredible. They were the best window cleaning company I've ever seen. It was worth three times what I paid. There was a little bit a trouble on scheduling but they came through for me. I've moved, but if I was still in the same area I would sure use them again.

Description of Work
Window and screen cleaning for three stories.

06/30/2017

Cassandra S.

They were fantastic, friendly and did a fabulous job!

Description of Work
They washed 32 windows

06/02/2017

Charlotte G.

I purchased deal in feb and called the company to set up an appoint ment right away. I called the service provider to confirm the appointment the day before and he infomred me at that time in a matter of fact way that they were going to have to resecdual the appointment. Things do happen and I understand that but we have been going round and round trying to nail down a time only to have the company change the date (in most cases it is because I am reaching out to them not beacuse they are calling to inform me of the cancelled appointment). Please don't waste your time calling this company

Description of Work
Window cleaning for 10 windows

Category window cleaning

We accidentally sent this particular customer the wrong email that was meant for another customer or guys showed up on the day scheduled but the email said we wanted to reschedule her this email was sent in error but our crew did show up on the day to which should have shown her it was an error our crew offered to do the work that day but she refused which I understand her being upset about the email but once she saw it was sent in error she should have understood and we did not reschedule her 4 times it was 1 maybe 2 times due to schedule conflicts which are big in this business this customer gave us an f in everything out of spite clearly

05/26/2017

William O.

Great company. Worked with me on scheduling. Very friendly customer service.

Description of Work
Window washing

05/26/2017

Lorenzo V.

Initial contact from the vendor took far longer than expected. I purchased the deal through Angie's List on 4/23. I left a voicemail and also an email but did not receive a reply email until 4/29. The email was only to inform me that they would contact me later to schedule service that I paid for. Then finally on 5/2 I was given an appointment of 5/18, almost a full month after I purchased the deal. On the morning of my appointment I reached out to contact the vendor to confirm our appointment and received a reply 2 hours before my appointment that everything was good to go. Then, 30 minutes into my appointment window, I receive an email stating that their first job of that day ran long and they would not be able to service me after all!! After expressing disappointment about the cancellation , I receive a reply stating that "these things happen all the time in this business and that I shouldn't be mad", not at all empathetic about wasting my time and delaying my service. I was then rescheduled for 5/25 and to my relief, they showed up as expected. The workers were nice and went about their business as expected. My only concerns about their work come from their attention to detail. Usually when we hire anyone to perform work on our home, they take care to try and leave our home as they found it and clean up after themselves. The window cleaners left dirt and hairballs that they pulled out of my window tracks all over my floor and didn't even attempt to pick up the mess that they caused. The work overall is just ok, not at all impressive or leaving me with the desire to hire them again. When combined with the hassle of scheduling the appointment, and the reliability, they aren't worth the time.

Description of Work
Paid for window cleaning for my home.

02/07/2017

thomas J.

Total nightmare

Description of Work
Window cleaning

Category window cleaning

We haven't even done this customer home at all its been raining and we have not been able to reschedule

12/10/2016

Irene S.

It took more than 48 hours to hear from the provider after I purchased the deal, in fact, I called them. I was able to make an appointment fir later in the week, which was fantastic...only if they actually showed up. I called when the arrival window lapsed. The owner called back to say they were running late on an earlier appointment and would not be able to keep my appointment. The owner says he tried calling me but never left a message to reschedule. I was going out of town so I didn't call until I returned. By then, they were booked up until almost a month later. I took the first available appointment, which was almost a month later. No one ever called to confirm the appointment and when the day came, no one showed up and no one called. I left a message and so far, have only received an email to call and reschedule. I'm not going to call. No one has ever answered the phone and if anyone calls me back, they don't leave a message. You either want my business or not, and I shouldn't have to keep calling to make an appointment, only to be stood up. At this point I've gone past the 30-day refund period but I will apply the amount I paid to a different deal.

Description of Work
Purchased a deal for cleaning up to 13 window, including 2 and 3 stories, which is exactly what I needed.

12/07/2016

Joy W.

I was very pleased with it, it wasn't a hundred percent perfect but I was very pleased. They were very quick, very efficient, very personable and they missed a window I would have missed it myself and they just immediately went to fix that so they actually they cleaned the window, it's a hidden window.

Description of Work
I use 5 Star Window Detailing for interior and exterior window cleaning services.

10/30/2016

Lori C.

I was so pleased with this service I've recommended it to friends and neighbors. Five Star Window Detailing was on time, efficient, tidy, and they left me with beautiful sparkling clean windows. I am very happy.

Description of Work
Window cleaning - interior and exteriors

10/21/2016

John S.

**Ray of 5 Star Window Cleaning wants everyone to know I am "vindictive" because I wrote this negative review.** So I am making sure everyone knows how "vindictive" I am because the work was not performeee. Here's the story: We paid the full price for the Angie's List deal and tried scheduling the service but it was on a day we were out of town. We settled on a second date, Friday, Oct. 21. Ray from Five Star Windows was polite, professional and courteous in this. He assured me that they had an appointment on Oct. 21. At 8:30 a.m. on Friday, when we were wondering when the crew would arrive, Ray called me but didn't leave a message. I finally called him back only to have him say that they would have to reschedule because they had taken another job in Beverly Hills that was paying them $1,000. It wasn't an Angie's List job, and that they couldn't be at our house at the appointed time. My spouse took a day off of work to be at home when the work was taking place, so this was a MASSIVE inconvenience. Ray asked, "Is it OK for us to reschedule?" When I told him no, it wasn't, that we expected the work to be done at the promised time for the promised price, he started telling me that I was being unreasonable. He said that they have 2,500 clients and none has ever been unhappy. He explained that when his crew arrived at the other job, the client asked for more work to be done, and since that job was paying $1,000, there was no way they could do our windows. I told Ray I wanted a refund and/or to talk to the owner, and he said he would not do either. When I told him I was going to post a poor review, Ray told me, "Come on, man, that's what a WOMAN does. I expect a WOMAN to get vindictive and write a bad review online." I told him over and over that I would refrain from posting the bad review and complaining to Angie's List *IF HE COULD GET THE JOB DONE TODAY.* He said they had four trucks in L.A., but because we lived in the Valley and "Valley traffic is just so bad," that they could not do the work at the promised time. He said he would not do the work, and that he could come on Saturday. I explained that we were expecting guests in the morning, and that we scheduled a lot of things around this window work being done. He said that I obviously didn't understand the window-cleaning business and that rescheduling was normal. Over and over, I asked for one of three things: 1) To get the work done today *as promised*; 2) To get a refund; 3) To talk to the owner about the service I was receiving. He said none of those things would happen, that I would have to go to Angie's List to get a refund and that they would NOT do the work today. Ray said I was being unreasonable and that even though he made a mistake, I should be the one who helped him out and was understanding -- that this was just the way business happens sometimes, and that it wasn't his fault that his crew had taken another job AFTER they were scheduled to be at my house. He also said, "We don't need your money, we make a million dollars a year, so we don't need your money." After the initial discussion, he called me BACK to ask me not to write a bad review, and said that if I wrote a bad review, he would respond to it and tell everyone that *I* was unreasonable and that *I* was not being fair in this situation -- even though he said over and over that he could not do the work at the appointed and promised time because they accepted another job DESPITE having my house scheduled for the work. So, the long and short of it ... an incredibly unprofessional, horrible experience. Angie's List was very understanding and cooperative when it came to getting a refund from this company, though, so that's one positive aspect of this. As a final note, when I texted Ray to tell him Angie's List was providing a refund and that I didn't want to deal with his company anymore, he wrote: "Hope u get your windows cleaned and I'm still gng to go on there and respond to your review u r vindictive make sure u put that I said tht Now tell them that." So, I am making sure everyone knows that *I* am vindictive because I expected a business to honor its commitment to get the work done. Also, for what it's worth, I don't think women are vindictive, Ray. I don't think a customer who expects to get the work they paid for done at the promised time is being vindictive, either. I'm sorry you made a mistake, and I'm sorry that you decided a $1,000 client was better than a $140 Angie's List Client.

Description of Work
Window cleaning. We were very excited about getting this service at such a great price. Money was paid. Services were not performed. Please read the full review! And note: Ray from Five Star Windows wants everyone to know I am vindictive.

09/16/2016

Shana S.

Went very well. They showed up on time and did a great job cleaning the interior and exterior windows.

Description of Work
window cleaning

09/15/2016

Henry W.

5 Star came out with a 2 man team and cleaned my windows before I sold and moved out of my house. Great job!

Description of Work
Provided window cleaning

09/15/2016

Bryan S.

They showed up on time with a 2 man team one person inside and the other out they had a great team plan to get my project completed

Description of Work
Window Cleaning

01/14/2016

Marienne R.

Description of Work
They did excellent work. Speedy and cleaned up.