Aylor Construction & Remodeling

Founded 2012 • With Angi since March 2012

NOT accepting business until July 2019. Family owned and operated, Aylor Construction & Remodeling has always been about the highest level of care for our customers and their homes. In keeping with this we have been very proud to work with Angie's List over the years, knowing that our Angie's List clients contact us based on our observable merits. Contact us, and give us the chance to show you why so many of our clients wouldn't call anyone else....

+28 more images

handyman (63)interior painting (20)home remodeling (19)plumbers (14)woodworking (11)drywall (10)tile installation (9)house painting (6)door installation (5)lighting (5)electrician (5)countertop installation (5)

11/20/2018

Pat C.

My initial review was all negative. I wish that I could withdraw it, I was a little upset at the time. I was given a quote that I accepted and I didn't hear back from them for about a week, so I was obviously annoyed when I made my review for the "No Show". As it turned out they had a legitimate reason why they didn't get back to me sooner. I accept the reason 100%. Anyway... They spent on what I thought would have been a 3 hour day "tops" to nearly an 8 hour day. Anthony who was running the show as it turned out is a perfectionist. He pointed out minor things (to me) which I said not to worry about it on more than one occasion, and he worked on those things until he was completely satisfied. Folks, you don't see that these days! Everybody is in a hurry, not these guys. These imperfections was due to a warped door frame from flooding that we had 4-5 years ago. They quoted me for the door and door jam replacement, so this was to be expected. They finished well past sunset and the door worked and looked fantastic! Due to the darkness we did overlook a gap that I noticed the next day under the door. I took a picture, sent it to Robert Aylor, within 1 hour, Anthony was back at the house, made a quick adjustment and the problem was solved. I was blown away on how fast he came over. I live 30 minutes from Palmdale. I am very, very happy with these professionals! They are strongly recommended!!

Description of Work
Front Door replacement - UPDATE

Category handyman service, woodworking, doors

Work Completed On 11/20/2018

10/24/2018

EDWARD H.

I had two bathrooms remodel and I got 5 estimate and I got Price's from 13k to 32k. Robert from Aylor was 19k. When Robert gave me his estimate is was detailed and was broken down. The payments were also broken down on how much to pay and when what work was done vary nicely done. Project was done on budget and quality of work was better then I was expecting. The only problem I had on the second bathroom Robert had to find a new tile guy for the second bathroom. This only took a couple of days with all the headaches you can have on remodels this was a vary small problem. I will reuse Aylor for my next project. A+ service.

Description of Work
Remodel two bathrooms

Category ceramic tile, handyman service, home remodeling

Work Completed On 05/01/2018

08/13/2018

Joy D.

As promised! On time, professionally done, no surprises. Great communication, too.

Description of Work
Fire door and door frame replaced

Category handyman service, doors

Work Completed On 07/25/2018

08/06/2018

Cherie W.

It went well, took a long time to assess & write up his notes. Then we never heard back from him. Received nothing in the mail, email or cell phone.

Description of Work
Quote for demo & re-tile of a bathtub/shower & replace window

Category ceramic tile, handyman service, plumbing

Work Completed On 08/06/2018

04/10/2018

Michelle B.

Painters were very nice and did a great job. It took three coats of paint for the ceilings, but they still finished the whole project in two days. They were courteous and professional. Robert Aylor is very nice, I have used him for a couple of other projects too. He was willing to work with me to find a compromise between price and project level. He doesn't always respond to emails right away, but overall I enjoy working with him.

Description of Work
Painting ceilings in the master suite and walls and ceiling in another room.

Category interior painters

Work Completed On 03/14/2018

01/17/2018

Martin P.

I am very happy with the work that Aylor Construction did at my home. Robert was very prompt, courteous, knowledgeable and efficient. The job was actually completed sooner than he had estimated.

Description of Work
Wood frame structural repair, exhaust vent for gas dryer (through roof)

Category woodworking

Work Completed On 01/17/2018

02/11/2017

Yvonne W.

Robert and Anthony really made a point of making sure I was happy with the services rendered at every step. They have high standards and asked for the same from every person the contracted with. It helped a great deal to feel they were advocating for us, even if problems came up. They worked hard to make sure everything was worked out. And kept the schedule and budget discussed.

Description of Work
Hired to redo the flooring in bathrooms, drywall repair from several water leaks, including a mold remediation, complete redo of kitchen.

Category countertops, drywall, electrician, handyman service, lighting, plumbing, marble & granite, home remodeling, interior painters, mold removal

Work Completed On 01/21/2017

10/25/2016

Jocelyn B.

It was good. I will probably be calling them again and using them. I like them very much. They were people who listened to what I wanted. They were honest. They did a good job. The work was good. I didn't have a lot of interaction because I had to work. They understood what my needs were and took care of it. It was a good price. I had called a couple of times to get appointments and I didn't always get a call back. I think they were a little late but they did call.

Description of Work
I purchased a big deal for Aylor Construction & Remodeling. They did interior painting.

Category interior painters

Work Completed On 08/27/2016

10/17/2016

randy J.

Well. Robert and his brothers worked diligently and prompt on the job. Cost was over budget by far but not for anything Robert did. We had water damage that accentuated the overall cost and doubled the estimated project length of 3-4 weeks. We are especially impressed with the work of Robert's sub-contractors, especially tile, drywall. and plumbing. All very nice, and well skilled with minimum invasiveness. Robert and company where all very attentative to our inputs and needs. In the end, we have a very solid and well detailed master bath that we should enjoy for many years to come. Well done.

Description of Work
bathroom demolition and remodel

Category ceramic tile, countertops, drywall, electrician, hardwood floor, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, home remodeling, foundation repair

Work Completed On 10/07/2016

Review for Aylor Construction & Remodeling - 36818 Camden Ct, Palmdale, CA - 33726831

09/11/2016

Rolf L.

Robert Aylor and his crew did an excellent job including a few items that he did not charge for. I can wholeheartedly recommend Robert Aylor construction for any remodeling job. He is very professional and always keeps his appointments. His pricing is very fair.

Description of Work
Repair and re-frame closed in porch. Re-model a large closet. Patch and paint a bedroom and an office. Rough-in and hang a side door to the garage.

Category decks, drywall, handyman service, remodeling, interior painters, doors

Work Completed On 06/10/2016

04/10/2016

Marianne D.

We didn't hear back from him to reschedule the work. After having the time to re-think Robert Aylor's new game plan, we sent an email on 3/25/2016 to the effect that upon his 1st visit, we'd like to have the 4x4 posts installed with my husband's help instead of his assistant's. We stated that this was the best way to approach the 4-hour minimum issue without our having to share the 1st 4 hours with a paid assistant. We hoped he'd agree. Well, it's now 4/9/2016 & we never heard from him--EVER--again. When I first interviewed Aylor over the phone to assess his SKA's (that's UCLA administrator's lingo for "Skills, Knowledge & Abilities"), I actually told him that I was impressed with how articulate he was in asking & answering all the right questions. I felt very comfortable with his assurance that he could install our gate well within the 4 hour timeframe. Unfortunately, whenever we called him or emailed him, he forgot who we were &/or mixed our job up with someone else's. And when he totally changed Angie's Deal to work for him & not for us, he also changed our opinion of him from having integrity to being deceitful. Thankfully, Angie's List Support Team responded to our concerns favorably & refunded our Deal of $99 for the 4 hours of Handyman Service we never received.

Description of Work
After viewing Angie's Deal of $99 for 4 hours of Handyman Service ($260.00 Value) in February, I contacted Robert Aylor to discuss the deal before taking it. He confirmed that we would be getting 4 hours of his time to install a simple outdoor gate & said that a gate like I described would probably take only 2 hours to install, but we could provide him with a list of other things he could do to use up his time. He asked for a picture of the gate, which I sent to him via email. After I contracted with Angie's List on 2/22/2016 for his work, he got around to scheduling an appt. for Mon., 3/14/2016--a day forecasted for a serious downpour. So we called him the Sunday before to discuss cancelling our appointment. During our conversation, FOR THE VERY FIRST TIME, he told us that he needed an assistant to help install the gate; that was a real game changer, because it converted the 4 labor hours for $99 to 2 labor hours per person for $99. Furthermore, he said he never thought the gate could be done in one visit! So he suggested that we create a "Honey-Do" list that he & his asst. could work on during their 1st 2-hour visit to our home, & then he'd come up with an estimate to install the gate at a later date. That was less than we bargained for.

Work Completed On 03/13/2016

04/04/2016

Carol W.

Amazing. and Great guys to have around. Great job done very efficiently

Description of Work
Removed baseboards and replaced with new and added new beading. It was just old and worn in certain areas. They made it look like new again with little effort. They helped me remove old bookcases and clean up the area. As well as removing old cabling in guest bedroom, stucko the wall and make it all look very neat and tidy. .

Category handyman service, woodworking

Work Completed On 03/25/2016

03/29/2016

Evangeline F.

They ran a little bit behind, but got straight to work, and finished the job on time and did and excellent job. I am considering using them for a job in my primary residence if the quote is acceptable.

Description of Work
Paint new window trim and exterior doors of guest house.

Category house painters

Work Completed On 03/17/2016

03/15/2016

Jim B.

Robert and his assistant knew their stuff and have vast experience. Came on time and performed everything quickly and edeficiently. The only thing is i still owe them $20 and I need a paid invoice for my records. So Robert please get in touch with the owner of the house on Troy Drive.

Description of Work
Various handyman jobs

Work Completed On 03/04/2016

03/14/2016

Linda R.

i purchased a special for 8 hours of painting. I needed a bedroom painted. He did a beautiful job of painting the walls and the trim.. Moved all the furniture and replaced it when finished. Everything was left very clean. Because the room didn't take the full 8 hours he asked if there was anything else. I did have some touch up and again he did a great job. I'm very happy with the company and will definitely use them again!

Description of Work
Painted walls and trim in a bedroom.

Category handyman service, interior painters

Work Completed On 03/09/2016

03/13/2016

Diane B.

Robert and Anthony arrived on time. They scraped the fascia and put two coats of paint on it. They were professional and efficient, and I would definitely hire them again.

Description of Work
I needed fascia along the roof repainted.

Category handyman service, house painters

Work Completed On 03/03/2016

03/05/2016

Mark K.

They were awesome! It was great that they asked questions instead of making assumptions, when needed. I have a bunch of other handyman work that needs to be done and these are my go to guys.

Description of Work
They hooked up all my smart house devices.

Work Completed On 03/01/2016

03/02/2016

Keith G.

Arrived on time- did it all and were very reasonable. Nice family owned business.

Description of Work
They did it all from repairing some hinges, to recalibrating all the cabinets, and redoing some lighting.

Category electrician, handyman service, lighting

Work Completed On 02/26/2016

03/01/2016

Froilan B.

i requested a schedule feb 23,24,25 - they didn't reply till feb 28 asking for my number , i replied right away and gave them my number and no one has replied to me - will never use this company, i want my money back

Description of Work
nothing

Work Completed On 02/19/2016

02/27/2016

Francine S.

I purchased the "Handyman Special" on Angie's List. Robert and his brother arrived on time, performed the work quickly and did a great job. Robert is very courteous and was willing to take the time to answer my questions. Instead of just repairing the spot I knew about, he checked all the fascia and repaired several other spots, all within the allotted time. They were professional, skilled, and took pride in their work. I am very pleased with my experience with Aylor Construction & Remodeling.

Description of Work
Robert repaired minor dry-rot in the fascia boards.

Work Completed On 02/23/2016

02/25/2016

Scott D.

These guys are all-around good! Showed up on time. Nothing ever felt rushed. Took the time to talk about this job, answer questions, check out more stuff for future jobs, then got down to work. The finished job was excellent. This was a terrific deal! I am looking forward to using Aylor Construction & Remodeling again, soon.

Description of Work
Repaired drywall, baseboards, a window frame, and a tile counter top. The Angie's List price was $99.00, and the cost of materials was $35.55.

Category ceramic tile, countertops, drywall, handyman service

Cost $134.55

Work Completed On 02/24/2016

02/19/2016

Keith G.

Great guys great work and plan to have them out next week for new projects

Description of Work
Did assembled modular desk for storage the spackled walls and spot repainted

Category drywall, handyman service, interior painters

Work Completed On 02/19/2016

02/16/2016

Linda B.

I am a homeowner and not very handy when it comes to fixing things. Robert and his brothers are professional, knowledgeable and efficient. They were extremely helpful and even took calls after hours to help me. I have used them twice now and plan on having them come back for some other in home projects. If you want some help you can rely on I would highly recommend this company. Very satisfied with their service.

Description of Work
The company fixed a broken faucet and installed a microwave.

Category handyman service, plumbing