What’s the cost of residential excavation? Before any new build, from a basement to a pool, knowing how much an excavator will cost is essential to staying on budget. Learn pricing estimates for various excavation projects and common excavation FAQs.
Get matched with top excavators in Nevada City, CA
There are 4 highly-rated local excavators.
Matching on Angi
Recent Excavating Reviews in Nevada City
- Swords ConstructionThe work was completed timely. Mike followed his estimate to the letter. The mfg home company asked me for his name and they hired him also. We were very happy with completed work and no issues with any of his work or workers. Now a year later every thing is still perfect.
- Steve Beaver ConcreteI cannot say enough about this company and its principal, Steve Beaver, Intelligent, high quality work, and exceptional service. I am delighted to be able to give them my wholehearted recommendation.
- Steve Beaver ConcreteBest bid and helped form best ideas for project. Start to finish in 1 week. Was flexible with homeowner changes mid project. I felt honord to have so much experience on site on the day of the pour.
- Blue Jay ExcavatingThey are very professional, they even take the environment and the pets into consideration. Their performance was impeccable and their clean up left the place looking better than when they started. I highly recommend this small group of men to anyone. Their prices are competitive but they also take the individual into consideration. The crew includes the owner who is well into his 60's and two young men, one in his 30's and another in his 20's.. Giving over 50 yrs of combined experience.. and it shows.
- Steve Beaver ConcreteSteve met with me to get eyes on the yard and determine the scope of work. I was in the middle of tearing out the old sprinkler system so we agreed on a date to begin work a few weeks in the future. Steve showed up the weekend prior to the start date to do a little prep work in marking the site and softening the ground where the anchor would be installed. On the agreed date Steve showed up with his Bobcat to start pulling out tree stumps and leveling the yard. After the first day I requested a couple adjustments and he had the earthwork done the next day exactly as I had envisioned. The next day he framed the area and poured the concrete. Since he had to remove a metal gate to get access to the yard for the Bobcat, he returned a couple of days later to reinstall the gate and check that the concrete was curing properly. Throughout the job Steve was very prompt, friendly and thorough in communicating. His prices were below the other quotes that I got and there were no surprises, the price agreed was exactly what I paid in the end. I would highly recommend doing business with him
- Case ExcavatingBryan Case did a great job, from clear communication to working with the DEH, to dealing with my elderly in-laws in a respectful manner. He quoted me a price, and billed my the same. Great outfit to work with.
- SILVER VALLEY SEPTIC & HENDLEYThey showed up at about 8am the hole for the new septic tank was dug the day before it was there by 11am leveled and connected and they were done by 12 noon. The tank was inspected on 01/12/2015 and ok'ed by inspector and they were back by 1230the same day and covered the tank they did an exelant job
- Avery & Avery ExcavatingI hired Gerry Avery of Avery and Avery Excavating at the recommendation of two different concrete contractors for a $200K+ landscaping project at my home that I decided to manage myself. Gerry's scope was to perform the excavation work for extensive new concrete retaining walls, install all of the drainage systems and grade the site in preparation for the landscape contractor's scope. Gerry's scope represented about 10% of the project. Gerry provided a competitive fixed bid. Gerry's team included Luis and Felix. They all performed very well. Luis did an excellent job on the drainage system, whichi included MiraDrain, Xypex, perforated drain pipe and geotextiles. Luis implemented a number of detailed installation improvements that were not on the drawings. Felix operated the track-hoe successfully within inches of the house. Gerry performed some of the excavation and grading work himself. He placed several large boulders in the landscaping with expert touch. Our landscape architect was impressed with his skill. Gerry and his team were very pleasant to work with. There was some extra work, and agreeing on the scope and cost of the change orders with Gerry was very easy and fair. Gerry cooperated very well with the other 4 contractors that I had performing other scopes at the site. I was very satisfied with the price, quality and timeliness of Gerry's work, and he was a real pleasure to work with. I have been recommending Gerry to others
- Modern Plumbing CompanyFrank arrived on time and discovered the problem promptly - which saved me $$ I would definitely use him again - and have already scheduled a follow up appointment because he was so great to work with. Completely honest!
- L & S ConstructionLawrence, Gil and Lester are a great team. Lawrence runs a tight ship and is the first honest contractor I have EVER dealt with. His prices are unbeatable, he and his crew are punctual and they work until their done. I was present for the entire installation and these guys were nothing but professional. He also uses professional subcontractors that know what they are doing too! The concrete tank was delivered by Tom and he clearly knows what he is doing. He moved the 10,000 pound tank using the truck crane like he was picking it up with his hands and placing it into place. If you want an honest company then you need to give Lawrence a call
Excavators in Nevada City
- Business Description:Our mission is to be a provider that brings back the personal touch with our customers. We will build a relationship that will last a lifetime after you see our quality work. As a locally owned and operated business we feel invested in our clients and constantly strive for customer satisfaction. We won't leave until the job is done right! Call or click to schedule an estimate today!Recent Review:It went great. Obviously, I've used them more than once. They provide an awesome service. They are always on time for work. He is really good at what he does. He is very customer oriented. He does not over charge, and he helps the customer to get the job done within the pricing range they need. He is really good in working with peopleDalton W.
- Business Description:We are a land management company specializing in brush clearing, mulching, fire mitigation, and hazardous or unwanted tree removal as well as tree care, including chipping and clean-up. We also perform the following: - stump grinding - property maintenance - creating defensible space - grading - fire abatemenRecent Review:It was fabulous. They were professional, on time and cleaned up after themselves.Kathy G.
- Business Description:Schedule the services of the commercial and residential plumbers at our plumbing company in Auburn, CA. A SewerGuy Plumbing looks forward to serving you.Recent Review:Their bid was almost 4 times that of two other local plumbers. I was not impressed with price or description of the work needing to be done. I have done enough building improvements and construction to recognize BS when I hear itRalph R.
- Business Description:The Rooter Guys of Sacramento is a company founded by two career plumbers, Marc Mathis and Maurice Ramsey, who share a drive, passion and work ethic to satisfy customers, who often have to deal with unpleasant situations. Our goal is to fix your situation and make the experience as pleasant as possible. Before we leave a job, we make sure to leave your place at least as clean as we found itRecent Review:Marc diligently and patiently installed two faucets in my master bathroom. They look awesome and function as they should.David F.
- Business Description:Johnson Excavation has been the leading excvating contractor in the Santa Ynez, CA area since founded. We are a full service excavation company with many long established customer relationships. We offer a strong base of technical expertise along with uncompromising quality of service and competitive prices. We are experienced in both commercial and residential excavation work and have the equipment and materials to get the job done right the first time. Call today
- Business Description:Sub-Contracting
- Business Description:Fast Floor Removal Service Save Time & Money Your one-stop source for all your flooring removal needs. We specialize in all flooring removal: tile removal, hardwood removal, carpet removal, and adhesive removal. Other services we provide are shot blasting, concrete floor grinding, concrete polishing, concrete staining, epoxy and sealing. We know how to work with and know what installers and contractors need to do their work and prepare residential, commercial, and industrial flooring surfaces..
- Business Description:At D & I we believe in quality and take pride in our work. Things from drywall to sprinkler repairs. We are here for almost anything you have around the house or property.
- Business Description:Pipeline video service with comprehensive evaluation and report, Utility locate service, water leak detection, thermal imaging. all video work includes dvd or flash copy for your records or for public municipalities. Written report in invoice
- Business Description:All remodels custom homes and much moreRecent Review:Work that was done has been reinspected and found not in compliance with code.Stephen H.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful excavator articles
The cost to dig a trench is relatively low, as it’s usually just the first step in a larger home project. In this guide we explain how much it costs to dig a trench to make room for things like utilities and foundations and what factors can drive up that
Call 811 before you dig in order dig safe. One call two days ahead of work can prevent injury and potentially expensive damage to underground utility lines.
Find excavators in
excavators in Nevada City
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- Navo & Sons Inc815 Idaho Maryland Rd
Grass Valley, California
- Navo & Sons Inc
- The Rooter Guys3901 Richardson Dr
- The Rooter Guys