Installing a new fence can improve the appearance of your yard in addition to offering privacy. Homeowners, though, may be surprised by the hidden costs.
Get matched with top fence contractors in Sheridan, AR
There are 4 highly-rated local fence companies.
Matching on Angi
Recent Fence Installation Contractor Reviews in Sheridan
- Fast Electrical ServicesRonnie provided high-quality work to repair and replace parts of our fence. He worked until the job was complete after nightfall. He's a friendly guy with a terrific work ethic. Thanks to Ronnie, our dogs now have a secure yard to run and play in. I would hire him again in a heartbeat!
- Moran's PaintingThe company representative went out of her way to get the stain we wanted used, and the painters did a very good job.
- Texarkana FenceI was told a time line of 6 to 8 weeks with a 50% deposit. After 12 weeks we started calling for updates. Calls were rarely returned and when they were we were given misinformation or just flat out lied to. It was the end of week 19 before the project was done and they still had to come back out to finish issues. Absolutely no communication within the company or with the client. I would not recommend this company. I would consider this company to be a high risk to deal with. If it were not for a family member who was a personal friend to the company intervening on our behalf I am sure we would still be waiting for our fence. I gave the cost a 1 star due to all the stress and frustration we had to deal with was not worth the money
- Privacy Fence Inc.The cedar fence is gorgeous and very well done. The crew was efficient and completed all work in a very timely manner. The cedar used was high quality and it is, again, gorgeous! Would highly recommend this company to anyone who needs a privacy fence!
- Privacy Fence Inc.John was very responsive and extremely helpful in making suggestions to keep the cost of the fence within my budget. I explained what I wanted and John provided bid for exactly what I told him I wanted. Unfortunately, it was out of my budget so John worked with me to help me get as close to my original want list as possible and still stay within my budget. They were able to begin the installation about a week before he originally estimated. His installation crew was very nice and efficient. They arrived early and worked hard all day. They even worked when it was raining a little bit. At one point when it was raining too hard, they waited until it stopped and started working again. The installation went smoothly
- Privacy Fence Inc.John and his crew were great. John responded quickly to our request for a quote and came out to see the area we needed fenced. We weren't quite sure what we wanted and John took the time to explain several options to us. My husband was impressed because John took a lot of time to explain the positive and negative point of each type of fence we were interested in plus explained the maintenance that would be required over the years on each one. There was no pressure to sell us the most expensive fence - it seemed like John was focused on providing us with the fence that best suited our needs. We did get quotes from two other companies, but because of how we were treated by John we went with Privacy Fence, Inc. and we are very glad we did. To our suprise John and his crew were able to get to us a week earlier than scheduled which was great. The guys who did the installation were friendly and polite. I was impressed and really appreciated how, at the end of each day, they cleaned up after themselves and left nothing in the yard my dogs or my kids could get into. On the day they finished the installation, the foreman came out and inspected everything with us. He double checked the cleanliness of the site and made sure we were happy with the installation. We were surpised and happy that John also called us the next day to make sure we were happy with everything. All in all this is a very professional, customer service oriented company that we would recommend to anyone
- Privacy Fence Inc.It went very well. They were very easy to call and get a quote scheduled. They were timely with their quote submission (a day or two). The quote was competitive but not amazingly low - a good sign of probable workmanship imo. Work was scheduled a few weeks out (which I figured was another good sign). He was able to get to the work a week early. He did a good job communicating about changing start/stop dates as his schedule opened up. What he said - happened. That probably matters more to me than anything. He personally met me out there to show me his workmanship before he provided me the invoice. He did a great job. Not the most professional - but wasn't unprofessional by any means. Quality product, on time, fair price. I'm happy. Thanks
- Privacy Fence Inc.First, let me say that not too many companies would have worked in the terrible weather we've had recently. Not only did they work in this weather, but the job they did was superb. They were the first to give us a quote and explained in detail exaclty what they would do and when. John Cook and Hermelindo Rojo make a great team. Hermelindo is the foreman in charge of the crew and is very knowledgeable. The crew were top notch and could be foremen of any project as well. We did appreciate the free gate coupon which we generated for the Angies list site. We would absolutely recommend these folks to anyone wanting a privacy fence installed
- Privacy Fence Inc.John came out and walked the fence with me and we decided to install 2 new post and a 91/2 foot gate. took out old walk gate and used old boards to replace walk gate. He had his guys come out about 3 days before dig the holes and set the post. John came out on 9/28/13 while we were gone out of town and installed the new gat
- Privacy Fence Inc.Privacy Fence did an outstanding job. They installed the fence exactly as I wanted. I am completely satisfied with the installation.
Last update on July 19, 2022
Fence Contractors in Sheridan, AR
Explore our Solution Center for helpful fence installation articles
Are you a classic picket fence family or looking for a bit more privacy? From style to material, this guide helps you choose the best type of wood fencing for your home.
Between wood, composite, metal, and vinyl, learn about the different types of fences. Weigh the pros and cons of each to find the best fence type for your yard.
Find fence companies in
- White Hall,
- Shannon Hills,
- East End,
- Pine Bluff,
- Sweet Home,
- Little Rock,
- Cammack Village,
Fence Companies in Sheridan, AR
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- FLEMCO of ARKANSAS, LLCPO BOX 446
Sheridan, Arkansas 72150
- FLEMCO of ARKANSAS, LLC
- 24-7 Construction LLC176 Ouachita 406
Camden, Arkansas 71701
- 24-7 Construction LLC
- BUILT-RITE FENCE CO1302 E 16TH AVE
Pine Bluff, Arkansas 71601
- BUILT-RITE FENCE CO
- J & Z Roofing Remodeling Construction6827 Honeysuckle Ln
Little Rock, Arkansas 72204
- J & Z Roofing Remodeling Construction
- Trim Plus ConstructionWorks, LLC.514 Emerald St
Lowell, Arkansas 72745
- Trim Plus ConstructionWorks, LLC.
- Unlimited Mobile Wash2611 S Ringo St
Little Rock, Arkansas 72206
- Unlimited Mobile Wash
- Wilson's Home Improvement Co1964 E Grand Ave
Hot Springs National Park, Arkansas 71901
- Wilson's Home Improvement Co
Fencing contractors that service Sheridan
How much does it cost to install a fence?
Answer: The average cost to install a fence is $2,600. A variety of factors will impact the overall cost of fencing installation, such as the length of the fence, the materials you choose, and local labor costs. Fencing projects using the lowest cost materials and with lower labor costs can cost as little as $1 to $6 per linear foot, while projects using the highest cost materials and with higher labor costs may be as high as $15 to $45.
Do I need a permit to build a fence around a yard?
Answer: Whether you’ll need a permit to build a fence around your yard will depend on your city or county's local codes. Many metropolitan and suburban areas require a permit to install most fencing, but they may not for fences situated behind a house as opposed to in front of it or fences that don’t run within a certain distance of the road. To find out if you’ll need a permit to fence your yard, reach out directly to your local government office.
What is the cheapest fence to install?
Answer: The cheapest fencing to install is chain-link fencing. Chain-link fencing is typically cheaper than other fence types because the materials cost less, and installation is generally quicker and easier than other options. Chain-link fencing is affordable, easy to install, and low maintenance. However, it’s usually considered less secure than other options and doesn’t increase resale value as much as fences made of different materials.
Is a wood or vinyl fence cheaper?
Answer: Wood fences are generally cheaper than the cost of vinyl fences. While the cost of materials for wood and vinyl fences is usually very similar, the labor cost associated with installing a vinyl fence is higher. Wood fencing is also easier to install than vinyl fencing, making it possible to save money by making wood fence installation a DIY project. It’s also possible to DIY install a vinyl fence.
What is the life expectancy of a vinyl fence?
Answer: Vinyl fencing can be expected to last between 10 and 30 years. Vinyl fencing is generally low maintenance, but proper care will ensure it lasts as long as possible. Its long life span and high return on investment make vinyl fencing a popular option for many homeowners.
What type of fence adds to the property value?
Answer: Installing quality fencing, no matter the fence type, will generally add value to your property. In general, fences made of longer-lasting, lower-maintenance, and more attractive materials—like wrought-iron, composite, or vinyl—add more value to a property than fences made of lower-cost or less attractive materials, like chain-link. To ensure your fencing adds as much value to your home as possible, be sure it’s properly permitted, approved by your homeowners association (if you have one), and installed properly.