Moving a TV without the original box may seem like a nightmare, but it’s easier than you think. Follow these steps to learn how to pack a TV for moving.
Get matched with top moving companies in Sheridan, AR
There are 8 highly-rated local moving companies.
Matching on Angi
Recent Movers Reviews in Sheridan
- New City Moving IncEverything went like clockwork. A team of five (led by Adam) packed and loaded everything in our home within 2-1/2 hours. Everyone of them were more professional than you could imagine. One bedroom door was damaged slightly but, it was repaired the next morning by a representative for New City. Impressive. A team of two arrived at our new place at the agreed upon date and time. Adam and John unloaded and placed everything where we wanted it in around 4-5 hrs. When we settled up the bill with Adam, the final cost was approximately 5% lower than we were quoted. We have unpacked all but 10 of 89 boxes and so far nothing has been damaged. All the furniture also survived the move unscathed. Couldn't imagine a better moving experience. Highly recommend
- Ocean MoversWe paid them to load a truck; we rented a trailer from since we were moving out of state and wanted to hire "professionals" who knew what they were doing to ensure our things got to pur new home safely. Cost an additional $300 over what we were quoted-still not sure why. They did a poor job and most of our belongings got destroyed from shifting/falling over during transport. They threw a $400 end table from Ashley furniture on top of everything so of course it flew off and got mangled. Everything we own essentially has chunks of wood missing or scratches and gouges. My daughter's new KidKraft kitchen was crushed. The movers who unpacked for us said it was literally the worse pack job they'd ever seen. Had to pay those guys extra-had to go very slow to keep from getting crushed/destroying more of our thing. When we called Ocean Movers about it, the less than helpful woman on the phone basically said "sucks for you". Said we can't prove we aren't the ones that messed it up. Then tried to blame the ABF driver. Her excuse for her employees not strapping things down was "did you provide them with straps"? There were straps IN THE TRUCK. Didn't know you had to tell "professional" movers to use the provided straps to secure things correctly. Poor work ethic. Poor customer service. And clearly don't stand by their work
- Zero Stress MovingI knew in May that I would be moving in June, so I contacted several companies to see if 1) they would come to where I was moving from to load the truck, as it was outside the normal Memphis range, 2) if they would be able to both load everything at the house I was moving from and unload at the house I was moving to all in one day, including the hour drive between the two places, and 3) what the pricing would be if they could handle both of the first two points. I heard back from three companies. Company A set their pricing at $99 per person an hour, but would not guarantee exactly when they would be able to arrive in the morning, even with a full months notice. Company B could guarantee the arrival time, and set their pricing at $140 an hour. Zero Stress Moving (ZSM) agreed to a morning time, and set the total price at $1200, since I was providing the moving truck. If he would have had to provide it, the price would have been more. All of our communications took place by phone, which should have rung a bell, as the spoken word is not written down. As time passed, we would check with each other to finalize different things - date and time, number of movers, etc. A few days before the move, ZSM contacted me to get my card number in order to collect advance payment, since the packing location was out of the normal business area for the company. My card was run for $1k, which I thought was strange, since the agreed on amount was $1200. I went ahead and withdrew the remainder owed before we left to drive to the new place. I will grant that the 2 people who showed up worked hard. They worked so hard that they didn't even need to use the dolly's that were available. While they were loading, a couple of the storage tubs were dropped and broken. Nothing inside was broken, but it was symptomatic of the carelessness of their attitude. When everything was unloaded, I went to pay the remaining $200 to the owner. It was at this point that things took a turn for the worse. At first, he insisted I owed him another $1000, because the $1000 he had charged my card was "only half". Then he wanted another $1200, because he tried to tell me that he had originally quoted the price as $2200 to move, because I lived outside his normal business area. Then he wanted to tell me that it should have been $2400, because he and his "crew" were just that good, and "you get what you pay for." I attempted to explain that it would not have mattered how good he was, or even thought he was, I simply do not have the income as a disabled veteran to pay what he was asking, and the reason I had selected him was that he offered a set price that was comparable to the hourly rates the market holds. During the discussion back and forth, the ZSM owner threatened that "I have your card number, I can simply charge your card over and over until I have everything I want." Ultimately, just to be done with someone trying to browbeat me in my own house, I signed an invoice that I would pay an additional $1000 on August 1. The invoice also listed that all my items had been moved with "no damage", but I had not had a chance to check any of my belongings to know, and it neglected to mention the plastic tub that had been broken in the moving truck to begin with. Fast forward a month, on July 29, I was contacted and reminded that I owed the additional $1000. I was well aware to what I had agreed, and had already contacted different friends and family to loan me money to pay him off. I told him he could go ahead and make the charge for the $1000. A few minutes later, I get a text receipt where my account has now been charged $1010. I messaged him back and asked why he charged the $10 extra, when the agreement was for the $1000. He called and tried to say that it was the fee for using a card, and this is why he preferred cash. Only he didn't have a problem charging my account the first time through and he never mentioned a fee when we agreed to the $1000. He finally refunded the $10, but complained that I would have such a problem over it
- MVM Moving & Storage - ColumbusAbsolute pleasure as Aaron and Jasper did a super job and I had a lot of laughs with them as well. When they stopped for the night in Memphis they emailed me to let me know. And any questions I had about the move Lance and James responded immediately. Best experience of all. A stress free one.
- Sterling Van LinesThese guys are amazing. Very professional and more important, very friendly. I moved my office two buildings over and they made it so easy. I HATE moving!!!!! However, when people are professional and have a good attitude, it makes everything much more enjoyable.
- Movers Direct LLCIt went without a hitch. The 3 men worked long and hard. I was very impressed with their work ethic. They were careful with every piece they packed and I had many pieces of China and glassware to pack. They were kind and helpful. I would recommend them to anyone .
- ALL THE RIGHT MOVESI contacted several movers in the central Arkansas area in order to get a 'fair market' price on moving. I researched based on Angie's List ratings, and we arrived at four different companies. We called the other three first. They all came across with bids at or near $10,000. Some of those estimates were only after multiple calls and missed appointments. I contacted All The Right Moves, and Ryan (owner) answered the phone. Even though I found Ryan's personality to be a bit 'dry', he wasted no time in getting down to business. He showed up the next day, walked thru the house taking direction from my wife about what moves and what doesn't, and he shot a bid right on the spot--$3000 less than the lowest bid we'd gotten before. I balked a bit at this, as I live by the mantra "cheap work ain't good and good work ain't cheap". However, the reviews were all the same--Ryan was no-nonsense and got the job done. So we signed on. The crew showed up at the house, and although they arrived slightly late and left a little earlier than expected, they got the job done. Now, we have numerous antiques and a LOT of "trinkets" to deal with. The crew brought in dozens of boxes and a huge stack of butcher paper and bubble wrap. Four days and two trucks later, we were moving. They arrived at our new house on a Saturday at around lunch time. Ryan said "hello" and went to work. The guys didn't stop to chat. They asked where things went and made a thousand trips in and out of the house. In four hours, the trucks were empty. Ryan collected his check and they were on their way. Four hours for two full trucks. After the boxes were emptied and everything was placed a week later, we found the expected bumps and scrapes here and there, but absolutely nothing major. Only two items were broken beyond repair, and they were easily replaced. I sent a photo to Ryan of the broken item and he cut a check for more than the replacement value--no questions asked. I would hire these guys again every day of the week and twice on Tuesday. Don't expect a lot of fancy forms and paperwork--Ryan uses scraps of paper and business cards to jot down his notes, but when it comes to the nut cutting, they got the job done
- ALL THE RIGHT MOVESIt took them two truck loads and 5 hours of actual labor not including drive time. They were quick and worked at a steady pace. I never saw them take a break. The price was significantly less than the price I was quoted. And nothing was damaged. We move a lot and they were by far one of the best movers we have ever had
- Joe The MoverGreat...stayed in contact after scheduling, right on time, hard/efficient workers...didn’t mess around, got the job done quickly and handled items with care...will use again
- Millers MovingAll packing and loading of truck perfect nothing damaged . Very professional and courteous!!! A great moving experience.
Last update on August 28, 2022
Movers in Sheridan
Deals in Sheridan for Moving Companies
Explore our Solution Center for helpful moving company articles
Worried about transporting your fine china? To ensure the items in your kitchen cabinets arrive at your new home safely, learn how to pack dishes for moving.
The cost range for renting a moving truck varies widely, so what can you expect to pay for your move? This cost guide breaks down all of the factors.
Find moving companies in
- White Hall,
- Shannon Hills,
- East End,
- Pine Bluff,
- Sweet Home,
- Little Rock,
- Cammack Village,
moving companies in Sheridan
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- Delta Van Lines Inc2221 Forsyth rd
Orlando, Florida 32807
- Delta Van Lines Inc
- Eyring Movers638 Moore Rd Unit A
Avon Lake, Ohio 44012
- Eyring Movers
- Mansion Movers1960 South Ocean Blvd
Manalathan, Florida 33462
- Merchants Transfer & Warehouse Co621 W 8th St
Little Rock, Arkansas 72201
- MERRITT MOVINGP.O. Box 9442
Hot Springs Village, Arkansas 71910
- Modern Piano Moving992 Highway D
Sullivan, Missouri 63080
- Movers Direct LLC314 Old Hales Gap Rd
Trenton, Georgia 30752
- Moving APT - Long Distance Movers936 Sw 1st Ave., Suite 130
Miami, Florida 33130
- Mansion Movers
- New Planet Moving & Storage4420 Andrews St Ste D
North Las Vegas, Nevada 89081
- New Planet Moving & Storage
- Prisma Cargo Solutions LLC555 8th Ave
New York, New York 10018
- Prisma Cargo Solutions LLC
- Razorback Moving & Storage1380 E Grand Ave
Hot Springs National Park, Arkansas 71901
- Razorback Moving & Storage
- SHAW'S MOVINGPO Box 19459
Jonesboro, Arkansas 72401
- SHAW'S MOVING
- TNT Furniture Movers1411 S Hawthorne Ave
Sioux Falls, South Dakota 57105
- TNT Furniture Movers
- United States Logistics300 N LaSalle Dr Ste 4925
Chicago, Illinois 60654
- United States Logistics
- Village Movers8 Lavanda Pl
Hot Springs Village, Arkansas 71909
- Village Movers
- Wayside Movers324 W. Spinner Rd.
Desoto, Texas 75115
- Wayside Movers