We’ve compiled some tips to help you identify the problems behind cracks in your drywall ceiling seam, how to fix them, and when to call in the pros.
Get matched with top drywall contractors in Rector, AR
There are 0 highly-rated local drywall contractors.
Recent Drywall Reviews in Rector
- J&P Construction Painting and DrywallGreat! They were fast, courteous and did an excellent job prepping the house. Outstanding ceiling/wall lines with two different colors/sheen. They made sure I was happy with the work and quickly returned later to touch a spot up.
- Condor General ContractingThe price was where I estimated it and finished on time. The crew was very detailed and professional. The foreman communicated very promptly. Dennis managed all our expectations, timing, and questions perfectly. Best contractor I've hired out of the 3 remodeling projects I've done and will be the only contractor going forward on the future remodeling projects
- 3G RenovationsThe experience was wonderful. Had attention to detail and they made sure to come back and look at all the key detailed work. We wanted a checklist review at the end of the project they came and handled it. I plan to keep in contact with these professionals as I have additional projects that I would love to have them take on
- A State Handymen IncWork was done quickly and professionally. They had to clean out the garage before making repairs and hauled off all debris. High quality work all around. Will definitely hire again.
- Mary's PaintingWe requested a quote through Elizabeth, and within a few days had a written quote from Robert, we accepted the bid and an appointment was setup. Josh worked on our projects for two days, cleaned up after himself each day which is greatly appreciated. Invoicing was prompt and payment options convenient
- All Phaze Remodeling and Home RepairAlways punctual, straightforward about all aspects, and his work/knowledge base was superior to other services I used in the past. We plan to use again in the near future. I was impressed that he preformed so many different skills with such attention to detail. Definitely impressed and satisfied
- All Phaze Remodeling and Home RepairThe work was exceptional! Mike was professional and paid attention to detail. My perfectionist eye was not disappointed. He had great ideas and the bathroom looks remarkable.
- All Phaze Remodeling and Home RepairHe did an excellent job. He's very knowledgeable and really cares about doing things right. He was very punctual. He was very fair with his prices. I will definitely use him again.
- WFR Carpentry ServicesWe discovered that we had a very poorly built house. This caused a lot of unforeseen problems but he always solved them. He was always prompt and rarely took breaks when he was here. He wants you to be satisfied with the work. If he is satisfied, the work is way above average. He has really beautified our home. He would be the first person I would call if I need more done to my home
- Bradford PaintingWe had a rather large hole in the wallpapered ceiling of our bathroom. Les gave us an estimate and came out and did the work in a timely manner. We couldn't tell the extent of the damage because of the wallpaper, and it ended up being more extensive than we originally thought, but Les was still able to complete the work in a timely manner and within the parameters of his original estimate. He repaired the ceiling and repainted it. A good job
Drywall Contractors in Rector
- Business Description:We are a licensed general contractor. We are members of the BBB, chamber of commerce, NFIB. We are certified GAF installers. We are certified in EPDM roofing systems and we are a metal roofing specialist. Additional DBA - A-1 Tree Service, A-1 Roofing and Construction, LLCRecent Review:Run very fast from this company. We first had the roof replaced which I will say they did a great job even though we were told he would take what the insurance would pay and then changed his mind and charged us more. The tree removal was reasonable and was done without any issues. The deck however is another story and we have been told by other professionals it is the worst one they have ever seen. 1. One corner of the deck is 1 inch higher than the rest. 2. decking not installed properly consistent with grain which has now resulted in warped and oozing boards- which should have never been stained right away anyway. 3.decking does not line up resulting in gaps 1/4" to 1/2". 4. Tags from wood not even removed from ends. 5. stain too thick which resulted in the deck getting very hot (and as a bonus he left his boot prints in the stain) 6. Spindles placed on wrong side. 7. Missing trim pieces on support. We are now having to hire someone else to fix the mess resulting in more money spent and the owner of A1 does not return phone calls or messages since this work was doneScott S.
- Business Description:We have up to 12 months same as cash financing available for qualified buyers.Recent Review:Terrible company. 11 months later window still leaks. We had to hire another company to fix the problem. Use this company at your own risk.Jim M.
- Business Description:Certified Master Inspector; We provide home inspections to meet the needs of home buyers, sellers, mortgage lenders and insurance companies. We are licensed and insured.
- Business Description:We are a full service home improvement company
- Business Description:With over 15 years of experience in all phases of residential home building and remodeling, I pride myself on building things the right way. I believe in the combination of fair pricing and high end craftsmanship, while never cutting corners. Transparent and clear communication, accurate budgeting, professional design, estimates, project planning, and available 3D renderings of proposed projects are just a portion of the company vision. I am a licensed and insured residential contractor servi..
- Business Description:We offer free estimates, no upfront costs, and satisfaction guaranteed. We have an AR State Contractor's License, a Paragould Building Contractor's License, and we belong to the Paragould Chamber of Commerce. We do buisness all over NE AR and SE MO. We do a lot of work with insurance claims for water and fire damage, and we will work with your adjuster to get a satisfactory settlementRecent Review:<p> I spoke with Mike and he made an appointment to come to my home for an estimate. On the day he was to show I called to confirm our appointment. He said "oh, I'm sorry, but my family is here and I would rather spend time with them." Then he had the nerve to ask if I would like to reschedule. Sorry, but my time is just as important as his and if he can not respect my time then I do not need him. Seriously when was he going to call and tell me? Bad business</p> <br /Cynthia T.
- Business Description:Jack and Josh Martin are licensed contractors by the state of Arkansas. They have a combined 40+ years of experience.
- Business Description:1 employee. No subs. No travel/trip. Charge by the job.Recent Review:Jeff Evans said he did not need to refinish the entire dining room (DR) ceiling to make it match up to the living room (LR) ceiling and entry hall ceiling. He said he could just mud in the areas where the tape had gotten loose and where there was a crack and yellow spot and match it up with no problem. I said, "you can do that?" And he said, "I can. No problem." We (my husband and I) told him that the Insurance Company had said someone would need to remove the old finish and redo the entire ceiling in order to match it up and he assured us this would not need to be done. The insurance also included for the DR, LR and entry hall ceilings to be painted once the DR ceiling was refinished so all the color would match, once the finish work was matched. (We have total replacement insurance so they pay for it to look good.) <br /> We then told Jeff we had some loose tape in one corner of the DR that we'd like to hire him to repair above and beyond the insurance and to paint the DR and he gave us a price. It was way above the insurance quote. Our insurance is Total Replacement insurance and pays very good. He just made a remark about him being good and his work being worth it. Then we got a quote for him to paint our kitchen walls, LR, and entry hall walls along with the DR walls.. We had just replaced all of the wood in our house from stained wood to white wood and was not quite finished, only lacking one hallway to the garage. We had bought all new wood baseboards, chair rails and all new doors rather than paint over the stained wood so all wood was new.I told Jeff that we usually do our own painting but I was hiring him just because I didn't want to get paint on my brand new white wood and I said, "do you understand what I'm saying? I don't want paint on this brand new white wood." <br /> Oh yes, he made us these promises about how in the rooms he was painting in where we had the new baseboards and chair rail, he would seal all of those in and make them look very professional and we said, "Great!" He never even thought about that again. He loves to talk a good talk but to do nothing. He tells you he will do everything and you will do nothing. But then he starts asking you to help pull up the plastic off the floors and put up tarps. He told us they would move everything and for us not to worry about anything. But after hired, the night before he said, "Y'all need to get everything out of here that you can." Everything is totally different once he's hired than what he tells you up front. But this is nothing compared to the horror of the work and ruined ceilings and wrong color walls he leaves you with!!! <br /> Jeff put the sheet rock mud on the places where the ceiling tape was loose and the cracked spot in the ceiling. The first night, a big thick spot of the mud came apart and just hung down. I called him. He came by and said, "Oh, it's no problem." He put sheet rock mud over it again with some tape this time(like he should have the first time) and jokingly said, "If it falls down again, don't worry about it, I'll get it fixed." (I became very concerned that a "finishing guy" couldn't get the sheet rock mud on correctly and he didn't even tape it out the first time.) When he later came back to start putting on the finish, he started to do what they call "stomping on the finish" and immediately my husband, Charles, said, "that's too thick, you need to cut it down" because it wasn't going to match and Jeff said, "I can't cut it down. I can stomp it more and it will get thinner." And Charles said then you need to stomp it or something because that is way to thick. That won't match." Later, Jeff actually went to the part of the ceiling where there was no damage and where he said he felt we were going to have a problem later and he "stomped" new finish over existing finish without doing it mud on it first!!! This created an even thicker finish that anywhere else-----thicker than my existing finish and thicker than what Jeff was doing in his "spots" that he said he could match in. I did not see him do this because I was in another area of my home. I think my husband saw him. <br /> I had an accent wall (red obsession) in my entry hall and then a Habanero Chile in the kitchen. Jeff got them mixed up and his worker painted the red above the kitchen cabinets. Jeff admitted the mistake had been made and you could just see it. Instead of him putting gray primer over the red, he tried to put one coat of the Chile over the Red Obsession, expecting it to match the wall where Chile had been painted over a Baguette color??? Are you kidding! Of course it didn't so it's darker over my cabinets and he now says it's just a shadow. <br /> The yellow spot in the DR bled through just two days after they painted the ceiling because he forgot to put Kilz Block on before he painted it. He admitted this and he showed up with a spray can of Kilz and wanted to just shoot some spray up there over my china cabinet to fix it instead of bringing a can of Kilz paint to paint it and then paint it with ceiling paint afterwards, which would be the correct way. In other words, trying to short cut it because he had been paid They also got paint on our new white wood in many places. We are going to have to use steel wool to sand and then repaint the wood. <br /> We made the terrible mistake of giving him his money. The DR ceiling is ruined. I have cried about it. It is a patchwork mess and it was the most critical thing to be done and we explained this to him in the beginning; we were so clear about it and how crucial it was and he assured us he could match it. Now that it's a mess, he says, "Well, it's just impossible to match up a pattern." So, he wants to totally change what he says after the fact. <br /> I had him to stand in my Living Room and look toward my Dining Room and I asked him, "Would you accept this in your home?" And he said, "I can't answer that." "Well, yes you can. You just won't because you know you would have to say no". He had already told us he would come back with the Kilz paint and fix the yellow spot. But after our conversation with him in which we never raised our voice to him and we are people who do not use foul language. I actually began to cry and he asked me not to cry. <br /> He just said, I just can't fix this for you. I told him, sure you can. You just won't. You can always do what's right if you want to. And he said, I can't do it. And then he said. "See ya." So he hasn't even been back to fix the yellow spot and I know he won't be because he didn't say I'll be back on a certain date and that was 9/1/15 and I'm writing this on 9/4/15 and we haven't heard anything else from him. <br /> So Jeff Evans does not do what he tells you he will do. He makes promises he does not intend to keep. He does not care that he has cost you a lot of money, yet left you with a ruined mess in your home that you can do nothing about. We can't do anything about our ceiling at all. If it was just painting, we could work on it. We cannot mud and put a finish on a ceiling. It's an impossibility. We are in our 60's. He is an uncaring person and a sorry contractor. <br /> We live in a small town of 15,000 people and just in the four days since he did this work I have already met two people that he did bad work for them!!!!!!! Why couldn't I have met them first. One I met at the courthouse when I was out checking on his licensing!!!!! <br /> Don't ever hire this contractor. You will regret it!!! <br /Mary M.
- Business Description:Master Technicians and Mechanical LLC. 17 years servicing Arkansas and Louisiana for plumbing, HVAC, electrical and general construction. We're a multi trade, full service provider for all your residential, commercial and industrial needs. Our customers, whether Home Warranty, Property Management, Retail Services or Residential Remodel/Repairs, mean the most to us here at Master Tech. For more information or if you have any questions, feel free to contact me. - Matt Glasscock, Project Manager..Recent Review:It was awesome! He was quick and efficient. The work was done in 3.5 hours. Their prices are very competitive.Felisha H.
- Business Description:I am a small handyman service and growing. No job is to small and look forward to the big ones. I accept cash or check based on a mutual agreement. Give me a call I look forward to speaking with you and at least answer any questions of yours
Explore our Solution Center for helpful drywall contractor articles
Drywall installation costs depend on various factors, including the size and shape of the room, the material type and thickness, and the desired finish. Read on to help determine your budget before starting your project.
Whether you slammed your chair into the drywall or the door has hit it one too many times, drywall holes are inevitable. Luckily, you can patch them up on your own. The steps below outline the necessary work for repairing drywall holes.
Find drywall contractors in
- Lake City
drywall contractors in Rector
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- 24-7 Construction LLC176 Ouachita 406
- 24-7 Construction LLC
- A-1 Roofing and Construction508 E Stephenson Ave
- Adam Mellor Remodeling & New Construction4673 S Mountain Rd
- All Around The House LLC401 Kelli St
- All-American Home Improvements LLC25 mitchell lane
Heber Springs, Arkansas
- Arkansas Roofing Kompany-Equinox Outdoor Concepts1820 Old Morrilton Hwy
- A-1 Roofing and Construction
- David Barnard Plumbing & More9109 Gilbert Road
- David Barnard Plumbing & More
- FLEMCO of ARKANSAS, LLCPO BOX 446
- FLEMCO of ARKANSAS, LLC
- Robinson's Maintenance2402 Cherokee St
El Dorado, Arkansas
- Robinson's Maintenance
- William Wallace Construction2646 Lawson Rd
- William Wallace Construction