The location and functionality of your wall will impact price. Most jobs will cost between $939 and $2,697. Walls that are load bearing will cost slightly more.
Get matched with top general contractors in Green Forest, AR
There are 2 highly-rated local general contractors.
Recent General Contractors Reviews in Green Forest
- Ace Handyman Services (formerly Handyman Matters)I had partially framed my basement to add two new home offices and a hallway. Then, I was in a car accident and couldn't complete the work. So, I checked on Angie's List, read the references for Handyman Matters and chose them from all others to get an estimate. Laurie Thompson (owner) met me at the house the day after I phoned. I felt very confident in the abilities of her company after quite a lengthy conversation and showing her what I wanted done. The following day I received an estimate from Handyman Matters by e-mail. I was quite surprised at how reasonable it was so, I phoned Laurie. She met me again at the house and I agreed to have Handyman Matters do the work. I was so comfortable with Laurie that I gave her a key to my home so she and the workman could move forward while I was away.The job included completing the framing, electrical, drywalling and finshing all surfaces to be ready for paint. At Laurie's suggestion they even leveled the ceiling joists to accept drywall instead of the drop ceiling that I had planned to have installed. This alone saved my about $500 on the project and the quality is top notch. During the project Handyman Matters even met with the city inspectors on my behalf. Any modifications that had to be made were discussed with me and Handyman Matters handled these changes at little cost to keep the project within my budget. Also, during the construction, the craftsmen would phone me directly if they had any questions as to my preferences and I felt the entire working relationship was great. In the end, I had a couple of minor adjustments and with a single phone call to Laurie Thompson they were handled immediately. I would strongly recommend this company to anyone that wants a quality job at a reasonable price. I would also say that in this type of work,communication is very important to get what you're after. Handyman Matters is very good and very professional at communication as well as their construction
- Stapleton ConstructionGene did a great job, as opposed to the window installers. He repaired where they had not done the job correctly, filled, sanded, and painted. We are very happy.
- Victory PaintingFine. No problem. I called and told him the problem, with the loose board. He got the replacement......stained it and put it on for me....took about an hour. Had it on and caulked.
Contractors in Green Forest
- Business Description:Vision Painting is an insured and licensed painting company. We have years of experience in commercial and residential painting. We pride ourselves in offering better quality products, and competative pricing.Recent Review:Very professional and friendly, high-quality work for the best prices aroundLuke P.
- Business Description:We do not manufacture windows or doors for homes nor do we use Insulated glass. Strafford Window Mfg. manufacturers custom wood windows for barns, sheds, stables, pool houses, cabin, porches and interior applications in the home. Our windows are made of all wood and single strength glass. Call for pricing on Tempered glass. Strafford Window MFG. manufactures Sashes, Transoms, Single Hung Window Units, Hopper Window Units, Fixed Window Units and ScreensRecent Review:These windows are solid, well built and look great. I will be ordering more for my house.Don P.
- Business Description:We are a licensed general contractor. We are members of the BBB, chamber of commerce, NFIB. We are certified GAF installers. We are certified in EPDM roofing systems and we are a metal roofing specialist. Additional DBA - A-1 Tree Service, A-1 Roofing and Construction, LLCRecent Review:Run very fast from this company. We first had the roof replaced which I will say they did a great job even though we were told he would take what the insurance would pay and then changed his mind and charged us more. The tree removal was reasonable and was done without any issues. The deck however is another story and we have been told by other professionals it is the worst one they have ever seen. 1. One corner of the deck is 1 inch higher than the rest. 2. decking not installed properly consistent with grain which has now resulted in warped and oozing boards- which should have never been stained right away anyway. 3.decking does not line up resulting in gaps 1/4" to 1/2". 4. Tags from wood not even removed from ends. 5. stain too thick which resulted in the deck getting very hot (and as a bonus he left his boot prints in the stain) 6. Spindles placed on wrong side. 7. Missing trim pieces on support. We are now having to hire someone else to fix the mess resulting in more money spent and the owner of A1 does not return phone calls or messages since this work was doneScott S.
- Business Description:We are a reliable construction company who has been in business in the Batesville area for over ten years. We have many subcontractors we can call upon allowing us to do all phases of home construction and remodelingRecent Review:Mr. Calaway did a exceptional job of keeping me informed of the progress, and timeline of the job. The concrete slab could have been better, but was sub-contracted. Overall, it went very well, and I'm pleased with the finished product. Mr. Calaway has given me one year from the completion date to point out any defects, and have them taken care ofPaul B.
- Recent Review:Nightmare. When the materials arrived we only had about half of what we needed. The first day he showed up he did not get to my house until 11a, when he said 7am. He was then gone by 3 pm. The next day he said his partner quit. I offered my sons assistance to help him hang the rock at no charge. 2 days later he asked me for a big favor, his car payment was due and he needed $350. He swore it was a 1 time deal. I told him to take it out of the 800 advance, and he said he did. The next day he did not show up. The next week he said his daughter was sick. He then said he underbid the job because materials and delivery fees went up. I told him he could use my truck to save on delivery fees, and he said that would offset the cost. By the end of the week he said he needed more money for materials, I went to lowes and bought $100 in lumber. I told him to call the rest in to Lowes, and I would pay them direct. $661 dollars later I was assured that was all he needed. He again no showed that Friday and Saturday. When he returned I took the day off from work to help him hang the ceiling, with no deduction from the quote. He showed back up the next day, but then did not show the rest of the week. Said he pulled a muscle. The he called me and said he needed more money for gas because it was taking longer, but would have it done by the end of the week. The week came and went, he would show between 10-12 and leave between 12 and 3. Thinking he was out of motivation for being over budget, I told him I would absorb the material cost, and the $1000 for labor would be great and still due at the end. The next Monday (after not showing again that weekend, was told by his wife he was buying an air conditioner for the house) He hit my wife up for more money, said the job would be done by weeks end. We gave him 100 that morning, and 200 more the next day to try and give him incentive to come back. He did for two days with little progress. I called and said I thought we would still be short an materials, he agreed and we put in another order to Lowes. I mentioned one of his framings were off level by about an inch, and he said he had noticed it and would fix it. He got the next load of $161, then no call no showed for 4 days. He called me Sunday and said he needed more money. I told him we would see how the work went. He showed the next day, hung two sheets over the unlevel frame he never fixed, picked up his stuff without saying a word, pulled his sign and left. I called him the next day and he said he could not work without money. I asked whatever happened to the first agreement, and I thought we had a second agreement, with no money up front. I am now $2151 in the hole on a $1554 quote,and 32 days on an 8 day project. Then he put his partner on the phone who said I was crazy to expect so much work for so little. They offered to make a new quote to finish. She then told me off, said her phone was going dead and then hung up. They have not answered their phone sinceShelly S.
- Business Description:Big or small we do it all. Cost is determined by the job.Recent Review:Not worth it <br />Please quit asking for reviews.. Not what you really want <br />Hugh C.
- Business Description:We offer a wide variety of services from partial remodels to whole house construction. We pride ourselves on bringing the most experienced hands available on our staff to your project. Our materials are bought from local and reputable manufacturers, allowing us to keep our prices down, quality high and to give back to our local economy. And because we handle all aspects of the job from start to finish, we ensure a quality resultRecent Review:Throughout the experience it felt like two steps forward one step (or multiple steps) back. Items went missing (gardening tools and a bench). Painters caused splatter on woodwork (which I'm now refinishing by hand as a result). Staining was sloppy and unfinished -- stain spilled all over sanded floors, requiring 3/4 round (as opposed to the 1/4 contractor initially laid) to cover unsightly stains once the floor was refinished. Vinyl flooring was not glued to substrate throughout entire sun room -- large sections are not glued at all and lift with vacuuming. Continually, execution created fresh problems and more work (and thus more more expense!). Bathroom was never finished. Trim remains bare in spots, stain uneven and inconsistently finished (little to no protective coating). Stain spatter got on walls (and was never addressed). Defects (gaps) remain in fresh drywall around electrical outlets. Roof work was not completed (paid for shingling, structural work and cedar shake gables and only received the shingles). Contractor's roofer made two holes in roof eaves, left a satellite dish dangling off side of house (still dangling), and damaged the gutters (another new expense)! Last heard from contractor on June 29th. Said he would be at the house on July 3rd to address issues and wrap up, but he never showed up. Repeated attempts to get a hold of the contractor have been unsuccessful. His roofer came by the house looking for him because the contractor never paid him for the shingling work. Contractor has apparently also moved from his address within the month (his residential address is the same as his business address). So, in addition to not finishing original work outlined in the contract, the contractor took the roof money and ran. <br /> <br /> This is merely a brief summary. The list of issues is too long to include here. I have photos and full correspondence history for anyone requiring details. I'm not here to inflame; merely here to inform and protect other consumers. Turns out this contractor has a criminal record (burglary, for which he served time in the late 90s, and an arrest in 2011 for Terroristic threatening, 3rd degree battery, and 1st degree criminal mischief (Google search: Christopher D. Conduff). Not that a criminal record is an indicator of future behavior, but it does give one pause. Only found it because I was searching for alternative contact info, since he'd bailed. Previous searches, prior to the start of work, only returned positive reports and positive recommendations (one of which I could have sworn I read here on Angie's list but appears to have been deleted). <br /> <br /> Bottom Line: Trim Plus Constructionworks is bad news. Stay away from these guys. <br /Anne Marie C.
- Business Description:DirectBuy® is the leading home improvement and furnishings club that offers merchandise at manufacturer-direct prices without traditional retail mark-up. Founded in 1971, DirectBuy Club is headquartered in Merrillville, Indiana and currently has more than 130 locations throughout the United States and Canada. For more than 40 years, DirectBuy Club has provided hundreds of thousands of consumers a smarter, fairer way to shop for nearly everything for in and around their homes – from furnishing..Recent Review:I walked in curious from what I've seen on TV. I scheduled a time to come in to participate in a 90 min presentation and review called an open house, I learned what it is like to buy directly from the manufacturer and how it could save me thousands. I joined and started shopping right away. I did exactly what I thought I would do, save thousands. If you are remodeling...please stop buy or check out their website before you spend a dime on retailBradley H.
- Business Description:Hi my name is Chad and I strive to provide my customers with quality work at a reasonable price.all of my work comes with a 1yr warranty and as always satisfaction is always guaranteedRecent Review:Very punctual, kept us informed of what they were doing, did what was requested and more. They did a super job of painting and also did cleanup. They made it as easy for us as possible so it wouldn't interfere with our daily living. Skilled workers with honesty and integrity. <br /Cindy B.
- Business Description:Your full contracting shop under one roof from ur dirt work to roof no need in hiring mutiple subs coming and going. EST. in 2003 fully Licensed & Insured Arkansas & Missouri. WE STRIVE TO MEET ALL NEEDS IN CONSTRUCTION PAYPALL CASH CHEEK AND FINANCING OPTION AVAILABLRecent Review:Josh and his wife Carla took time out of their schedules from running multiple businesses to stop by today and check on me. I was very impressed and it was greatly appreciated. I will be using them in the near future to install hardwood flooringDavid H.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful contractor articles
Hiring a contractor without a license might cost less, but it could result in repairs, fines, and even legal fees. Always verify a contractor’s license, bonding, and liability insurance. We’ve outlined the risks of unlicensed contractors here.
Some homeowners may be uneasy about letting contractors use their bathroom, but it could be advantageous to everyone. Here’s what you should consider before setting a bathroom policy for workers at your home and some possible alternatives.
Find general contractors in
general contractors in Green Forest
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- A-1 Roofing and Construction508 E Stephenson Ave
- A-1 Roofing and Construction
- Directbuy of NWA2713 SE Otis Corley Dr
- Directbuy of NWA
- FLEMCO of ARKANSAS, LLCPO BOX 446
- FLEMCO of ARKANSAS, LLC
- KNOERLE HOME SVC232 Care Free Ln.
Gravois Mills, Missouri
- KNOERLE HOME SVC
- Midwest Construction Services114 E. University
Siloam Springs, Arkansas
- Midwest Construction Services
- Quality Construction & Remodeling, LLCPO Box 1991
- Quality Construction & Remodeling, LLC
- RUSSELL DICKINSON CONSTRUCTION257 COUNTY ROAD 6121
Green Forest, Arkansas
- RUSSELL DICKINSON CONSTRUCTION
- Seamless Siding & Windows of the Ozarks2222 State Hwy T
- SG ConstructionPO Box 255
- ShadeTree Canopies – for COOL outdoor living space6317 Busch Blvd
- Stewart Costruction & Electric LLC8005 AR-14
- Strafford Window Manufacturing, Inc.168 Roller Coaster Road
Strafford, New Hampshire
- Seamless Siding & Windows of the Ozarks