Cracks may appear in your concrete basement floor over time, and can be caused by a number of reasons. While the cracks may be a superficial problem, it is important to have a professional look at them to rule out any safety issues.
Get matched with top foundation contractors in Atkins, AR
There are 3 highly-rated local foundation contractors.
Recent Foundation Repair Reviews in Atkins
- Johnson Brothers Construction Foundation LLCI've been meaning to write this review for a while now. Randy and the Johnson Brothers were great! re-routing water can be a tricky thing, but bottom line they got the job done. They added a sump pump, mastic water barrier, and a concrete water barrier. Their costs reasonable, and when Randy tells you he guarantees his work he means it. Randy called after a hard rain to check to see if the water had stopped entering the basement, and when I told him that it didn't his team came back 3 times to ensure that it was corrected. That basement is dry as a bone now! They are good old boys that you can trust and that's hard to find! Thanks again!
- Johnson Brothers Construction Foundation LLCExcellent! They gave accurate quotes/bids, always showed up on time, did work professionally/timely and ALWAYS returned my phone calls/texts promptly. They were honest, knowledgeable and very competent. I was confident my beautiful historic home was in good hands...I would definitely recommend them and will use them again
- Johnson Brothers Construction Foundation LLCFrench drain had to be dug, hole was at least 5 feet deep on the side of my house (at the top of the slope and got shallower the farther down you went). Randy Johnson's crew spread thick water-proofing (tar-like stuff) all along the block fondation of my home as well as on the inside all along the foundation where the water was entering my home. A nice, sturdy drain pipe was added and the hole was filled back up. A more powerful sump pump was hooked up that automatically turns on and off and it was dug down deeper along the foundation of the home in the crawl space to catch the water and pump it out quickly. The work was done in a timely manner. Randy and his crew were always on time and professional. Randy guaranteed his work and has called me numerous times after a heavy rain to check on our house and see if we're still staying dry. There was some slight moisture on one occasion and Randy brought his crew back over to add a little more water-proofing in the corner where the moisture was found. Randy and his crew may be a little more expensive than others; but, his guarantee of 100% satisfaction on his work is worth the extra money. Some contractors are all talk; but, Randy truly holds true to his word
- American Standard Foundation Repair of NW ArkansasEverything went very well they stayed in contact with us, especially since we had a big snow and they worked with our schedule very well since my husband worked night !
- American Standard Foundation Repair of NW ArkansasI just recently purchased my home as-is with some slight foundation/leveling issues. after calling around and getting estimates I was worried I might have made a mistake buying this home. I eventually came across this company and I couldn't have been happier with the end result. they know there stuff and quickly found the problem with my house! (piers did not have concrete footers) so they took out the piers and made concrete footers and beefed up my piers with double stacks. everyone else I talked to did not know how to correctly fix my house or wanted to do a quick job to come back later to make more money from me. Mike and Jason and the crew were very nice and respectful. they were on time every day and did a excellent job! I highly recommend these guys
- American Standard Foundation Repair of NW ArkansasWe were impressed with the crew's work ethic, courtesy, and care to details. The management of the crew on site kept work on target. We were kept informed with progress at each stage of the work. They were considerate of existing landscaping--it looked better upon completion than it did before. We would definitely recommend them
- American Standard Foundation Repair of NW ArkansasStill to early to tell, but work was excellent. Gutter drainage was moved away from house and portion of house under ground was sealed and protected with french drain placed to handle water. The crew doing the work were top notch.very hard workers, They were polite and answered all my questions. I definitely would hire them again . Great company with great workers
- American Standard Foundation Repair of NW ArkansasThey arrived at the scheduled date/time and performed quality work in a reasonable timeframe. I would hire them again.
- American Standard Foundation Repair of NW ArkansasI contacted American Standard Foundation in mid October of 2013 about a drainage problem I was having. I talked to Michael, the owner, who came out and surveyed my problem. He made his recommendations, and cost of doing them. He also told me that it would be about two months before he could perform the work. This was the only complaint, and I really can't complain about that since Michael told me that up front, but I was anxious to get it fixed. .Sure enough in mid December I get a call from Michael telling me that his crew would be out the following Monday to start our job. Monday morning at 8:00 a.m. his crew arrives to start the job. Brian, the supervisor, walked me through the whole process, and explained to me everything they were going to do. The work involved removing several shrubs from a flower garden, and digging a couple of trenches across our lawn, and the crew did a good job of replanting the plants, and covering the trenches. The job was completed in a timely fashion, and the whole crew was very professional, courteous, and accomedating. I am very pleased with the whole process
- American Standard Foundation Repair of NW ArkansasMichael was extremely responsive and worked with us to find the best options for leveling our floor. Zac, Production Leader, Brandon, the Crew Leader, Tyler, Jason, and Shane demonstrated exemplary customer service. They were friendly, courteous, and professional. Quality work from the beginning bid all they way through the finished service
Foundation Repair Contractors in Atkins
- Business Description:Simple solutions for your foundation issues, cracked or unlevel concrete, soil stabilization, and void fill problems. Call for a free on-site consultation and estimate 501-539-5218!Recent Review:They were prompt to respond & set up A timely appointment to give an estimate, but after appointment said they would email me an estimate in couple of days from appointment. I provided our email address and after a week still no estimate, I called & was told they were so sorry as they had been extremely busy, but would get it in before end of the day. That was a month back & I never heard from them again. I do not do business with people that Do not keep their word nor do I feel they are worthy to be on Angie’s ListPeggy D.
- Business Description:With over 80 years of experience, Olshan provides both homeowners and commercial property owners with cost-effective foundation repair solutions. Services include; foundation repair, crawl space repair, crawl space encapsulation, basement waterproofing, basement repair, wall repair, epoxy crack injections, wall braces, and more... Our service area includes; Estimates are FREE (there is no obligation to buy) and come with custom repair plans! A+ BBB Rated. Convenient payment programs & availab..Recent Review:Work done promptly and professionallyPatrick M.
- Business Description:We are specialists in residential and commercial structure repair. Our services include new construction, remodeling, and a wide variety of other repairs. We do not use subcontractors. Choosing a structure repair company is often not an easy task. While you may receive many different conclusions and opinions from different companies, you may be assured that the solution we submit will always be based upon a thorough analysis of your problem and will utilize the very latest in technology. At A..Recent Review:We live in an older home, built in the 1940s, in which a second floor was added in the 1980s. We knew when we moved in three years ago that the piers and beams were not sufficient and would need work. I was very particular about hiring a contractor for this job because I wanted the job done correctly, thoroughly, and with attention to detail. I received bids from five different contractors, and joined them in the crawlspace during the inspections. American Structure performed the most thorough inspection of any of the contractors, and also did the best job of explaining their assessment and discussing different options for repair. The bid included a range of repair options to tailor a range of budgets, depending on how much we wanted to invest in the project. The American Structure bid was generally competitive in price with their competitors, but was more thorough and detailed. We opted initially for a more basic repair. The crew was prompt, friendly, very professional. They left the site cleaner than they found it. They even did some additional work not mentioned in the bid, such as shoring up and repairing a few existing piers, without additional cost. We were so pleased with the work by American Structure that we hired them to add additional piers and beams, a 10-mil vapor barrier, and a second crawlspace entrance. All together, American Structure added 19 piers, 60 feet of beams, a full 10-mil vapor barrier and a second crawlspace entrance. Now our floors are rock-solid and our crawlspace is nearly as clean and pretty as a room in the house. We’ve had a great experience with American Structure and highly recommend themJ L.
- Business Description:We specialize in anchoring manufactured homes for sale and insurance purposes. We have over 15 years experience in foundation installation and repair in both residential and commercial applications. I am a union accredited journeyman carpenter qualified for all construction needs
- Business Description:We are a concrete construction company that has 6 current employees and over 12 years of large commercial construction experience. We do complete labor and material projects including decorative, industrial, and comercial concrete construction. We do quality work that is always completed on time and under budgetRecent Review:Contacted the owner...Luke, and he visited my home and we discussed what I wanted done to my patio / back porch. He responded quickly with a quote, and suggested timeline to complete the work. He and his crew started when they said they would, and completed on time. Luke was easy to work with, and very professional. I would have no problem using him in the futureTim O.
- Business Description:We are proud to say that each and evey one of our employees are well trained and seasoned in the foundation industry. We Do Not sub-contract any work. Home Services doesn't require any part of the job cost to be paid at the beginning of a job. We ask for payment in full at completetion of our workRecent Review:Shortly after closing on my home, built in 2001, a search into the crawlspace revealed the main joist was cut to accommodate HVAC ductwork. The foundation wall was not built high enough, and HVAC installers decided to cut through the main joist rather than dig further underneath. The crawlspace was being excavated to code prior to Home Services beginning work. <br /> An initial call to the truss manufacturer, Boise Cascade, resulted in the regional engineer determining the joist span was too long. Piers and Beams underneath the 1st floor joists were required to relieve excessive loading. <br /> A search for foundation/leveling contractors began in 2011 to repair or replace the main joist and install the recommended support system. <br /> Home Services was selected as their bid/drawings closely reflected the drawings/recommendations Boise Cascade. <br /> <br /> Excavation was mostly complete when Home Services re-scheduled due to weather. Water in the crawlspace <br /> delayed excavation, delaying foundation repair. The technician and crew were directed and Home Services agreed to work with the <br /> excavators. To accommodate this project, all HVAC ducting had been removed underneath the home. And unfortunately, has been since. <br /> <br /> Not happy with the warranty promises. Additional problems were created during installation of the Pier and Beam systems. Three certified letters were required to request warranty service and express my disappointment in results. Since this was a log home, minor imperfections were to be expected. However, I was anticipating the work to be meticulous, not rushed. <br /> <br /> Home Services, through a recent admission, knowingly sped through the installation process, placing piers and beams in the area yet to be excavated. The excavation crew was unable to finish the job as they were now blocked from access. Finding other contractors to finish excavation has been futile. Reinstallation of ductwork halted also. Since the winter of 2011/12, the first level has had neither heating nor cooling. When they declared the job done, I had assumed they had waited per direction/agreement for excavation completion. I paid them. Unfortunately, this was not so when the excavators returned to finished and found themselves blocked. <br /> <br /> An electrical line was severed and two others crushed. After several hours of no hallway power, I investigated and found a severed line by the workers. No-one had bothered to tell me. Perhaps because only the foreman spoke English. I had also discovered two wires crushed between joists and beams. A small amount was initially withheld. Upon repairs and clearance from a qualified electrician, the balance was paid. At this point, I had still assumed excavation had been completed. <br /> <br /> During repair, floor leveling was not happening as expected. About 70-80% complete. Some areas were just challenging. The main living area though was immediately worse off and I relayed this. The main floor was raised above original, causing the door sweep to contact the floor, even after the entry rug was removed. I was told this was under warranty and would be remedied in the future. The crew had no time to solve the issue as they were scheduled for work elsewhere. <br /> <br /> A ?crown? soon developed in the main living area. I was assured this would be remedied. When they returned in August of 2012, an additional pier and beam system was purchased & installed in one of the challenging areas, but warranty work, previously promised was not scheduled. Another certified letter in December of 2012 had the salesman and owner return to investigate in 2013. Although measurements showed the majority of the 1st floor to be better than before, both noted the crown, and slope, and promised to alleviate my concerns. <br /> <br /> The crew showed mid May 2013 for warranty work. Here was their chance to redeem themselves. The crew went under the house. I had also previously discussed hiring them to finish the excavation work, hoping they would accommodate as they placed me in the predicament. Their price was $6,000.00???.More than double the original excavation bid with less than 1/3 remaining! Gouging. I was told that $6k is their daily goal when on the road. This ideal reflected in their hurriedness and reluctance for warranty work. When I relayed this figure was exorbitant did not interest me, they packed up left??..nothing had changed. <br /> <br /> In the end, Home Services felt neither responsible nor obligated to alleviate problems they created. I had the severed electrical fixed myself and inspected by an electrician, excavation of the crawlspace still remains (HVAC yet to be <br /> re-installed), and the Front door will have to be reset to keep from contacting the floor. <br /> <br /> Had they adjusted the floor as promised and given me a reasonable bid to complete excavation I would not be writing of this experience. <br /> Stick with a local contractorEd R.
- Business Description:Master Technicians and Mechanical LLC. 17 years servicing Arkansas and Louisiana for plumbing, HVAC, electrical and general construction. We're a multi trade, full service provider for all your residential, commercial and industrial needs. Our customers, whether Home Warranty, Property Management, Retail Services or Residential Remodel/Repairs, mean the most to us here at Master Tech. For more information or if you have any questions, feel free to contact me. - Matt Glasscock, Project Manager..Recent Review:It was awesome! He was quick and efficient. The work was done in 3.5 hours. Their prices are very competitive.Felisha H.
- Business Description:E. S. General Contracting was started in January 2012. Owned by Dustin Higby and Joe Chapman, Dustin moved away though he is still a co-owner. The E.S. stands for Eagle Scout because we are both Eagle Scouts. Generally it's just me, Joe, doing the work, however if the job is large enough I subcontract with Stroud construction. Billing is determined by the job, I base most estimates off of $20/hr per person working plus material. Roofing is quoted by the square (10 ft by 10ft area). Free est..
- Business Description:Foundation repair specialist
- Business Description:Self Employed We accept cash or check. No debit cards. 20 years experience
Explore our Solution Center for helpful foundation repair contractor articles
Not all cracks in your foundation are created equal. Some are harmless and simply the result of a new home settling in, but others can be markers of serious structural damage. Here’s how to know which foundation cracks you need to worry about.
If you have noticed cracks on your house’s foundation, uneven floors, or you think you may have damaged foundation, follow these tips to get the best home foundation inspector for your property and have a smooth hiring experience.
Find foundation contractors in
- Bee Branch
foundation contractors in Atkins
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- 24-7 Construction LLC176 Ouachita 406
- 24-7 Construction LLC
- AMERICAN STRUCTURE REPAIR, LLC3709 Phyllis Ct
North Little Rock, Arkansas
- AMERICAN STRUCTURE REPAIR, LLC
- CRAIN BROS INC214 CR 402
- CRAIN BROS INC
- Foundation Repair of Arkansas PO Box 1963
- Foundation Repair of Arkansas
- Johnson's Carpentry & Construction714 liberty st.
- Johnson's Carpentry & Construction
- Master Technicians & Mechanicals LLC505 Hancock Rd
- Master Technicians & Mechanicals LLC
- PermaJack of Texarkana411 meadows road
- PermaJack of Texarkana
- Trim Plus ConstructionWorks, LLC.514 Emerald St
- Trim Plus ConstructionWorks, LLC.
- Under the Sun Contracting9570 Paula St
- Under the Sun Contracting
- William Wallace Construction2646 Lawson Rd
- William Wallace Construction