Rewiring a home—new or old—is a dangerous job. Whether you’re adding a few new outlets or replacing all the wiring in an old home, it requires professional help. Find out the cost to rewire a house, from permitting and inspections to cleanup.
Get matched with top Electricians in Tuscaloosa, AL
There are 14 highly-rated local electricians.
Recent Electrician Reviews in Tuscaloosa
- K&K InnovationsGreat communication during the renovation. Kevin always kept me informed of all updates during the process. Love my new tub/shower!
- Peffer ConstructionExcellent experience. They did a beautiful job. Mr. Peffer and his team followed our plan but also provided great suggestions that made the completed project even better. They cleaned up every day and did all they could to make the impact on the rest of the house minimal. We are happy to give an unqualified recommendation on their work
- Peffer ConstructionOur existing laundry/bathroom was very small so I had Wayne and his crew expand the bathroom and relocate our laundry room. Once my wife picked out colors, vanity, fixtures and layout Peffer Const. began the demo and the job went pretty smooth. The COVID-19 virus caused some minor snags which weren't Wayne's fault. We ended up very close to budget which made me happy and the job looks great which makes my wife happy. I would recommend Wayne and his company to anyone wanting quality work and a fair price
- HOPSONS HANDYMAN SERVICESStarted out o k. Did a fair job painting other than being so messy- got paint and putty on floors,furniture,appliances,etc. and they didn’t finish. The electrician they used did o k. Started fillin in swimming pool,got about 1/5 of it filled in and left and never came back. The day they left, august 19, we paid them $ 2,200. They said they be back the next day. We haven’t seen or heard from them since. Very disappointed in Hopson’s handyman services. If you are foolish enough to do business with these people please don’t pay them until they do the work! We hope nobody else is taken in and lose as much $ as we did
- ALCO Electric LLCA little bit of an issue but they worked it out . It was a ground in the main box that needed replaced.
- ALCO Electric LLCProfessional, quality, prompt technician. Very pleased with the service provided. Will use again and recommend to my family and friends.
- Zef's ConstructionZef was able to start my project sooner than expected and gave me a timetable of how long the entire project would take. All the workers I had contact with were very polite and explained what they were doing that day. Each day the area was cleaned up as much as possible due to the nature of the project some items couldn't be cleared away but nothing was ever a hazard. My basement bathroom was completed several days early but the job wasn't rushed and I am totally satisfied with how everything turned out. Very professional I'd use this company again without hesitation
- Ontime Service - Electrical, Heating & Cooling, & PlumbingPrompt, courteous service; the electrician and his apprentice both arrived promptly, following a call from the office, sealed up their shoes and got right to work. The job was done to satisfaction in about two hours, with no surprise charges. The tech added on a spot repair of a light switch, and the price was still pretty much within the range I figured it would be. Both men were completely professional and courteous; no extra charge for the return visit with the part needed, and prompt, thorough work. Would recommend again; thanks much
- Peffer ConstructionOur home is beautiful. Wayne and his crew did an excellent job, and we could not be more pleased. We enjoyed working with Wayne and trust him completely. He kept us well informed and guided us through the process with useful and often cost saving suggestions.
- Peffer ConstructionWe knew the moment we met Mr. Peffer for the first time that we had found the right person for our project. You don't find craftsmen like Mr. Peffer anymore. He is a one of a kind expert craftsman and his attention to detail is second to none. If you have specific customization expectations for you project he listens and provides a realistic plan for how to complete the project and exceed your expectations. We now have an AMAZING bathroom with all the bells and whistles!!! We also liked all of his Sub-Contractors. He knows who to call on to get things done and he holds them accountable for their work. Of particular importance to me and my daughter (we are both allergic), neither he nor his Electrician smoke. We have someone that we can trust that we can call on to help us and that is very comforting to know!!! Our project included: oversized soaker tub; ceiling mounted rain head; oversized custom tiled niche; custom tiled tub skirt; blue tooth speaker/exhaust fan; mosaic tile wall backsplash; wall mounted faucets x2; elictrical outlets with USB; knee kick with quad electrical plug ; soft closure cabinet hinges; in closet lighting; closet shelving; towel warmer; GFI outlets; multi-switch lighting control & dimmer; extra wide crown molding throughout bathroom; chandelier installation with extra bracing to handle the weight; leveling of the walls(furring them out); moving plumbing for both the tub and toilet and widening and replacing the entry door to the bathroom. (The project also included completely redoing the hallway, crown molding and replacing the attic stairs, as we had an AC leak in the attic the week before our bathroom project started. Mr. Peffer fixed it all better than it was before.
Electricians in Tuscaloosa
- Business Description:Jackson Electric, family owned and operated in business since 1992! Specializing in minor installations, trouble shooting, panel upgrades, service upgrades, electrical remodels/additions and commercial lighting! http://jacksonelectricalabama.coRecent Review:Responded to storm damage and job completed same day. Excellent work.LINDA M.
- Business Description:.Anderson Plumbing, Heating & Electrical is a trustworthy plumbing, heating, cooling, and electrical company in Demopolis. Founded in 1982, they have been delivering quality services for over 35 years. Their team of friendly technicians is not only certified and insured, but background checked and screened for customer safety. They can handle projects big or small, from leaky pipes to furnace installations to electrical safety inspections. Anderson provides free estimates as well as upfront p..Recent Review:The service was excellent, the technicians were good people to work with, very knowledgeable and professional.Michael E.
- Business Description:Building Construction - General Contractors & Operative BuildersRecent Review:I was so happy with Mr. Peffer's work and professionalism. He helped me with the process of selecting a new bath and toilet to fit my needs and style, and gave great advice about fixtures and tiles. I didn't even have to pick anything up; he would run to the supply store or home depot to get whatever I ordered. He and his associates (electrician, tile guy, plumber, painter, glass guy) were prompt and made the whole process easy. The entire remodel was done in just over two weeks, one week of which I was out of town anyway. Mr. Peffer stayed under budget and transformed my bathroom from dated to upscale. Before/after pics attachedLauren C.
- Business Description:Owner operated. Additional DBA: The Fan Doctor. Licensed electrician in New Hampshire & Massachusetts. Over 30 years experience.Recent Review:Had a lot of work done. I needed ceiling lights, connected to wall switches, put in for 4 second floor bedrooms, which had no existing light fixtures. Ed cut holes in the ceiling and installed 4 electrical boxes (fasten 3 studs and one brace). Then he went up into the attic, ran wire to the wall switch, and put in new double switches. He then installed 3 ceiling lights and one ceiling fan. Next he went back up into the attic and ran new wire into 5 closets, and installed lights in them. Those lights were connected to the double switches he had installed before. Ed then replaced an older ceiling light with a new one. Finally, he replaced a couple of older breakers with new ones and put in some blanks too. Ed charges a Flat Rate for the work, so if it takes longer, it does not cost more. He is very profession, shows up on time, and works hard for the entire time he is there. I plan on having him come back in the future to do some more work that needs to be doneCory C.
- Business Description:***PLEASE CALL ME DIRECTLY AT 256-239-4450*** Alatech Home Inspection Service has been providing residential and commercial inspections since 1986. We also specialize in Stucco/EIFS, Hard Coat Stucco, Architectural Stone, Fiber Cement (Hardie Plank) and Vinyl cladding installations and moisture testing for home owners and real-estate transactionsRecent Review:Alatech Home Inspection Service of Alexandria, AL, Larry Brooks has all the technology and knowledge to make this type of siding an easy and thorough inspection process! He was prompt and responsive, reports are very detailed, and trustworthy. His knowledge of Dryvit and willingness to share with me, saved me from what could have been a very costly decision. in the purchase of a home. He is reasonably priced and very detailed in his inspection. His website made scheduling appointments and document signing very easy. I would gladly use him again for any type of home inspection!! Thank you Mr. LarryDonna S.
- Business Description:We have been serving Birmingham and the surrounding community since 1987. Our main goals are quality work and reliable service. Asked what single attribute distinguishes Sentry, Charlie Conklin, owner and president, doesn't hesitate in responding, "Follow-up". The royal blue shield emblazoned with "Comfort Guard" is the symbol of Sentry's commitment to, as Conklin puts it, "taking the time to do every job right the first time and then going the extra mile to ensure that our customers stay sat..Recent Review:It was very good. They are not the cheapest, but they do high quality work. I would highly recommend them to others.Bradford S.
- Business Description:Free Phone Consultation. Not sure if we can help? Give us a call, it's on us! We are more than happy to talk with you and discuss your computer problems. Fast service. In some cases we can help you right now! If not, we will schedule an appointment that fits your schedule. If you receive our answering service, please leave us a message. We will call you back as soon as possible. Domestic Based Support. Our company is based right here in the United States and all of our technicians speak clear..Recent Review:It went fabulously. I will not use anyone but Alexander. PeriodDiane J.
- Business Description:Residential home theater installation and t.v. hanging. A/V Design & Home Automation Installation Serving Birmingham and the entire state of Alabama, Structured Technology LLC offers professional audio/visual design and home automation. In order to help your systems run smoothly, our team works diligently to ensure that your cables and wiring are installed correctly, the first time. With over 19 years of experience, our team has the knowledge to set you up with the most efficient systems f..Recent Review:Lee and Adam were terrific. They went above and beyond to get everything to work given our existing infrastructure at home.C H.
- Business Description:I started my company about 10 years ago after doing different types of home improvement work all my life. As the fourth generation of my family doing this type of work, I've not only mastered the quality you are looking for in any of your projects, but am also equipped to cater to your specific style.Recent Review:They did an excellent service. They were on time, courteous and respectful of our property and on our belongings.Michele K.
- Business Description:We offer a wide range of handyman services in walker county and surrounding communities. Whether you need something repaired installed, built ,or upgraded we are your reliable and local handyman service for all your needs OUR VISION We understand what it means to let someone new into your home, and we work very hard to earn your trust with good communication and attention to detail. Customer referrals drive us, so getting it right is important to us every time. We are experts in drywall rep..Recent Review:Started out o k. Did a fair job painting other than being so messy- got paint and putty on floors,furniture,appliances,etc. and they didn’t finish. The electrician they used did o k. Started fillin in swimming pool,got about 1/5 of it filled in and left and never came back. The day they left, august 19, we paid them $ 2,200. They said they be back the next day. We haven’t seen or heard from them since. Very disappointed in Hopson’s handyman services. If you are foolish enough to do business with these people please don’t pay them until they do the work! We hope nobody else is taken in and lose as much $ as we didClyde G.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful electrician articles
Circuit breaker boxes give you the electricity you want and the safety you need in your home at the convenience of a switch. This guide will give you a comprehensive view of everything you need to know about your breaker box.
Knob-and-tube wiring was popular in the past before we were worried about computers and TVs. Using this guide, you’ll learn what steps to take if you find K&T wiring and who to contact to start the process of replacing it.
Find Electricians in
- West Blocton
Electricians in Tuscaloosa
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- 247 electrical
- 247 electrical
- ACRO ELECTRICAL CONTRACTORS, INC.1607 CRESCENT RIDGE RD NE
- Affordable Fans - The Fan Doctor9 Gumpas Hill Rd
Pelham, New Hampshire
- Alatech Home Inspection1075 Halls Chapel Rd
- ALCO Electric LLC15800 Allen Dr
- Alexander Technical Resources1263 Glenwood Ave SE
- Allen's Electrical12123 Buhl Cutoff Rd
- American Patriot Handyman Services L.L.C.11628 Brown Circle
- Anderson Plumbing, Heating & Electric, Inc.203 West Washington St.
- ACRO ELECTRICAL CONTRACTORS, INC.
- H & R Electric, LLC1910 Prude Mill Rd
- Handy Works11628 Brown Circle
- Handyman Services 226 Leonard Dr
- Hills Home Repair120 E Glen Iris
- Home Improvements TLC501 Hickory Ave
Muscle Shoals, Alabama
- HOPSONS HANDYMAN SERVICES1450 Leonards Chapel Rd
Carbon Hill, Alabama
- H & R Electric, LLC
- J D Esco Electrical Contractors Inc3106 Greensboro Ave
- Jackson Drywall and Home Repair1701 16th Ave E
- Jackson Electric4392 Longwood Dr
- JD Handyman15997 Lock 9 Rd
- JONES HEATING AC PLUMBING & ELECTRICAL12577 COVERED BRIDGE RD
- Just restaurant maintenance3452 Oak Bend Rd
- J D Esco Electrical Contractors Inc
- Nemal Electronics12240 NE 14th Ave
North Miami, Florida
- Nemal Electronics
- Yellowhammer Racing3414 McFarland Boulevard North #1
- Yellowhammer Racing