Keeping you and your home protected with fortified exterior doors doesn’t always mean replacing your door entirely. This guide will give you a few ways to strengthen your door and frame and make it resistant to forced entry.
Get matched with top door installers in Northport, AL
There are 11 highly-rated local door installers.
Recent Door Installation Reviews in Northport
- Peffer ConstructionOur existing laundry/bathroom was very small so I had Wayne and his crew expand the bathroom and relocate our laundry room. Once my wife picked out colors, vanity, fixtures and layout Peffer Const. began the demo and the job went pretty smooth. The COVID-19 virus caused some minor snags which weren't Wayne's fault. We ended up very close to budget which made me happy and the job looks great which makes my wife happy. I would recommend Wayne and his company to anyone wanting quality work and a fair price
- Historic DoorBest of Boston 2019 is well deserved! John Carlton is a one-of-a-kind master craftsman who consults with clients to make custom replicas of their historic doors. He took me on a tour of the many magnificent doors that he's made, mainly for historic townhouses in the Back Bay and Charlestown. He sources the finest woods and hardware from around the country. Meticulous work goes into customizing the more than 100 parts that make up a well-made door, and they are built and finished to last another 100 years. His prices are reasonable for the number of hours required for each door. He is a conscientious artisan and business owner
- Peffer ConstructionOur home is beautiful. Wayne and his crew did an excellent job, and we could not be more pleased. We enjoyed working with Wayne and trust him completely. He kept us well informed and guided us through the process with useful and often cost saving suggestions.
- Peffer ConstructionPefffer Construction has done work for me on several project over the past 10 years. They have remodeled a bed room and bath room along with adding a large closet and computer room. they have remodeled another bedroom for me. They constructed a 1400 sq ft. master suite addition that included a below grade Tornado Safe Room with a very nice interior stairway leading to the bunker. the addition also included two toilet rooms and a Spa Suite. While doing the addition they remodeled the laundry room so that i can use two washers and two dryers. he also replaced some windows and doors while remodeling the house. several years later we were hit by a tornado (so we got to use the shelter). Peffer construction showed up as soon as they could get through the police lines and started patching up the house. They met with our insurance adjuster and rebuilt the damaged part of our house while we were still living in it. 12 days after we were hit by the tornado a second major tornado passed within 1/2 mile of the house and the peffer crew (who were repairing the house), our neighbors and our family all found shelter in the Safe Room. Peffer Construction is very eazy to work with and the craftmanship is the best you will find
- JD HandymanCame one day after I phoned to give me a quote. Started job the day after I called him to say I would like his help.
- LELAND GARAGE DOOR'S & OPENERSWe have used Leland for years. He is the best. He believes in maximizing the life of your garage door rather than rushing to replace it. The light on the garage quit working, and the garage door is over 15 years old. Leland told us the life span of a garage door is typically 12 years, but he would not recommend replacing the door until it no longer functions or we can no longer live with the noise, lights going out, etc. For the cost of the service call, Leland replaced the light fixture, and we are good to go until the next age related problem! He and is daughter are punctual, friendly, and they do a great job
- LELAND GARAGE DOOR'S & OPENERSI called Leland early in the day. He told me he could be out later that day. He was here in 20 minutes! He and his associate listened to my complaint, they examined the door opener and immediately knew what the issue was and what it would take to repair it. He gave me the price and replaced the part, adjusted the door, lubricated the parts that needed lubrication and was gone in less than30 minutes. I had a subsequent issue with the door and he responded within 15 minutes of my call. That issue was addressed also. He and his staff are very prompt and professional. I would definitely recommend him and would not hesitate to use him again
- JD HandymanJason came and gave me an estimate on the work to be performed and was back the next day to complete it. He was on time, very professional and efficient. He took down and trimmed a door that was scrubbing on the carpet, he fixed two ceiling fans that were wobbling and making noise by taking them down and starting over to make sure they were secure, he put door sweeps on two doors, fixed three other doors that were not shutting and latching properly, fixed a sliding glass closet door that had a large gap in it and he insulated a picture window. I like the fact that he wants things to be fixed right the first time. While he was here he gave me an estimate on some work I need done outside my home. I feel the quality of work was very good and the price was fair. It is hard to find someone who can come and do a lot of small jobs for one quoted price and finish in the time given. I am very happy. I will have J.D. Handyman do more work for me
- Quality RemodelingChip is an excellent contractor. I have used him for many jobs in the past. He is time punctual and reasonable, which are two qualities most people look for in contractors.
- Mr. Clean Handyman ServiceExcellently. John was totally professional and did everything he said--and within budget and on time. He is friendly, courteous, and professional. I highly recommend him. Here is the real bottom-line: John did a number of different jobs, including repairing a door that was leaking, for $3000. Earlier, I had had a Lowe's representative look at the door; he informed me the door was beyond repair and offered to sell and install a new one for $14,000!!!! I'll go with Mr. Clean every time!!! Additionally, when I was having a leakage problem prior to the door being fixed--and it was delaying installation of a floor I had purchased, John made a special trip to my house on Saturday morning just to help out. Now that's service!
Door Installers in Northport
- Business Description:Our family-owned-and-operated business is ready to get any of your home improvement projects done, quickly and efficiently. You'll have fully trained experts that are ready to provide you with complete exterior and interior remodeling services that will take your home to a whole new level. Additional DBAs - Muncey's Maintaince & Home Improvement, Andrews Muncey Maintenance. Additional contact name - Andrew MunceyRecent Review:Andrew "Tim" Muncey Home Repairs was great to work with! Organized, hard working crew. Respectful to both us and our property. The siding installation went great and exceeded our expectations. Would hire again or recommend without doubtGary K.
- Business Description:We offer a wide range of handyman services in walker county and surrounding communities. Whether you need something repaired installed, built ,or upgraded we are your reliable and local handyman service for all your needs OUR VISION We understand what it means to let someone new into your home, and we work very hard to earn your trust with good communication and attention to detail. Customer referrals drive us, so getting it right is important to us every time. We are experts in drywall rep..Recent Review:Started out o k. Did a fair job painting other than being so messy- got paint and putty on floors,furniture,appliances,etc. and they didn’t finish. The electrician they used did o k. Started fillin in swimming pool,got about 1/5 of it filled in and left and never came back. The day they left, august 19, we paid them $ 2,200. They said they be back the next day. We haven’t seen or heard from them since. Very disappointed in Hopson’s handyman services. If you are foolish enough to do business with these people please don’t pay them until they do the work! We hope nobody else is taken in and lose as much $ as we didClyde G.
- Business Description:We want to be your HOMETOWN home-improvement specialist! We offer the highest quality products and workmanship, and pride ourselves in being dedicated to honesty and integrity. We have the ability to provide the custom design you desire while also working within your budget. Personalized time, attention to detail, and oversight of job progress are what make us stand out from our competitors. Let us be your complete source for the next exterior home-improvement project or outdoor entertainment..Recent Review:Amazing! Quality and craftmanship was off the charts. A complete pleasure to work with and the end result was beyond what we expected. We had a difficult fix included in the project, leveling and stabilizing our hot tub - Alabama Decks went the extra mile to make sure, what I feel, they would expect at their own home. Do not hesitate to use this companyKaren S.
- Business Description:Sub-contractor
- Business Description:Building Construction - General Contractors & Operative BuildersRecent Review:I was so happy with Mr. Peffer's work and professionalism. He helped me with the process of selecting a new bath and toilet to fit my needs and style, and gave great advice about fixtures and tiles. I didn't even have to pick anything up; he would run to the supply store or home depot to get whatever I ordered. He and his associates (electrician, tile guy, plumber, painter, glass guy) were prompt and made the whole process easy. The entire remodel was done in just over two weeks, one week of which I was out of town anyway. Mr. Peffer stayed under budget and transformed my bathroom from dated to upscale. Before/after pics attachedLauren C.
- Business Description:We are family owned and operated. We pride ourselves in using quality products, providing outstanding service and complete customer satisfaction. For over 25 years we have helped our neighbors get the latest in up-to-date energy saving products available at affordable prices. We at BUDGET, do not have the huge overhead, like larger companies, so we can pass the savings on to you and give you the personal attention you deserve. We use only qualified craftsmen installers to ensure all our c..Recent Review:The work on my mother’s home was performed professionally, completed in a timely manner, and exceeded my expectations. Rick Hinkle was absolutely awesome to work with. I felt comfortable & confident that he operated his business with honesty & integrity. He responded promptly to my initial call, was alway available, and kept me updated regularly throughout the process. I would gladly endorse & recommend Budget Siding & WindowsJacqueline S.
- Business Description:Freedom Heating and Cooling is a full service air conditioning and heating contractor with the ability to service and install HVAC systems. In addition to scheduled service checks, repairing of existing equipment, and installation of new equipment, we can help you find ways to reduce your energy bills. We have an extensive history of repair service on all brands of central air conditioning and heating systemsRecent Review:Great....couldn't have been better!!Charles L.
- Business Description:Family owned and operated. Unlike several of the bigger out of state garage door companies ! Garage door / opener repair. New Doors, Remodel jobs. Very affordable. 24 years experience! Call for free quote.Recent Review:It was great, he was very professional. Came out and checked it and came out the next day and fixed.Tabatha H.
- Business Description:Luke's Painting Company strives every day to be the best in this industry and our customers agree that we are! We do this by treating every customer as if they are our only customer. We treat every project like it is our own personal space, leaving no mess left behind and being certain that every inch and every corner of every job is finished with precision and perfection. We have an exceptional eye for detail which is what makes us the best painters around! On top of all this we only use hig..Recent Review:Luke was a gift! I moved from Colorado into a new home in Prattville, walked in the door and immediately realized I couldn’t live with the existing DIY paint job. I called Luke’s Painting, their estimate was $1400.00 less than their competitors, he started painting two days later. Luke was professional, honest, hard working and always cognizant of the fact that I was working from home while he was painting. The finished product is amazing, a realtor commented on how clean the lines are. I couldn’t be happier. Thank you Luke’s PaintingDana S.
- Business Description:There’s never been a better time to transform you home with Champion of Birmingham! Think of us as a one-stop shop for everything you need to beautify your home’s exterior: windows, sunrooms, siding, roofing and doors. Only Champion offers the superior energy efficiency of Comfort 365 Windows, industry-leading limited lifetime guarantee, and award winning products made in the USA. For over 60 years, Champion has been manufacturing and installing quality windows, doors and sunrooms while crea..Recent Review:Met with John Maenza this morning at my house. He did a great presentation, helping us to look at all the features of champion windows. I had done my homework on potential problems and he answered my question with courtesy and treated us with respect. By the time he left we felt confident in him and the companyGodelieve B.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful door installer articles
This guide explores the various factors that affect the cost of installing an interior door, including size, material, and type. Learn more about the cost of installing doors inside your home.
A storm cellar door secures your basement bulkhead, which offers an extra exit or storm shelter in case of emergency. Since these structures create another “in” to your home, choosing the right cellar door is crucial. Find out what to look for here.
Find door installers in
- West Blocton
door installers in Northport
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- Benjy's Flooring & Remodeling11563 Recreation Area Rd
- Blair Exteriors4 West Oxmoor Road
- Brights Construction Company Inc.11973 Shades Creek Dr
- Bryant painting101 Hackberry Ln
- Budget Siding & WindowsPO Box 622
Pleasant Grove, Alabama
- Burns Inc913 kennedy mill rd
- Benjy's Flooring & Remodeling
- Glass Doctor of Tuscaloosa3401 Greensboro Ave Ste 3
- Glass Doctor of Tuscaloosa
- Kevin Singleton LLC5295 S. Broken Bow Dr
- Kevin Singleton LLC
- M.O.Holt Construction Services,LLC9175 Cotton Field Circle
- M.O.Holt Construction Services,LLC
- Titan garage door 15639 N Scottsville Rd
West Blocton, Alabama
- Titan garage door