Weatherstripping your property is an affordable and effective way to reduce your energy bill easily. See how much it costs and how much you can save.
Get matched with top handyman services in Northport, AL
There are 13 highly-rated local handyman services.
Recent Handyman Reviews in Northport
- Nikki's Handyman, LLCGreat service! Very nice people! Went over and beyond and got the job done even in the cold snd rain!
- Future Builders LLCAlways good to work with Brandon and his people. Great bathroom remodel would definitely work with again.
- Peffer ConstructionWe hired Wayne Peffer to manage a numbers of repairs on our house, have it fixed and painted, and remodel two bathrooms. He couldn't have been better and has in fact become a good friend. Wayne is himself an expert handyman and carpenter--skills he teaches at Shelton State--who has a wealth of experience and wants every job done right and in in the manner he himself would want for his own home. He also uses first-rate electricians, and flooring and glass contractors. He's smart, affable, and fair; in fact I'd rate him as high on personal character as I would on professional expertise. Easy to contact, easy to work with, costs explained up front--a real gem in all regards. We'd use him again: he's a complete A+
- Handyman ServicesIt did not go well at all. They come over here the first day. What they did is they used water outside and left it running. So, my bill gets high. I have also garden on my house near the drive where they're working. And I have tools there. They basically took one of my tools. It is a hot mess. The materials that they used is horrible. They even did not put the fence where it was suppose to go. It is a poor job
- HOPSONS HANDYMAN SERVICESStarted out o k. Did a fair job painting other than being so messy- got paint and putty on floors,furniture,appliances,etc. and they didn’t finish. The electrician they used did o k. Started fillin in swimming pool,got about 1/5 of it filled in and left and never came back. The day they left, august 19, we paid them $ 2,200. They said they be back the next day. We haven’t seen or heard from them since. Very disappointed in Hopson’s handyman services. If you are foolish enough to do business with these people please don’t pay them until they do the work! We hope nobody else is taken in and lose as much $ as we did
- Peffer ConstructionOur home is beautiful. Wayne and his crew did an excellent job, and we could not be more pleased. We enjoyed working with Wayne and trust him completely. He kept us well informed and guided us through the process with useful and often cost saving suggestions.
- Peffer ConstructionWayne had done an addition to our house 6 years earlier and had added a underground Tornado Shelter with a master bedroom above it. We were in it when the tornado of April 15, 2011 hit our house. During the tornado of April 15, 2011 our home was damaged by trees and limbs hitting the house. A large tree smashed some of the roof rafters and sent limbs thought the roof and into the up stairs bedroom. Wayne was on site at first light the day after the tornado (once the police would let him into the area).He had an electrican working with him so that they could disconnect the section of the house that was damaged and make it safe to put power back on the house once the power company finished their work. Twelve days later while Wayne was working on the house, the April 27, 2011 tornado that hit Tuscaloosa came withinm 1/2 mile of our house and ten people (my family, the neighbors and Wayne) spent some time in shelter that wayne had built for us 6 years earlier. Over the next few months Wayne and his team pulled my house back together and repaired and remodeled several rooms. He kept me informed and updated so that I was never wondering what would happen next or what I needed to provide to keep the job moving. Peffer Construction is a small company with very dependable sub-contractors. They give personal service at a great price. They take on a few projects at a time and do the higest qually work. Please keep in mind that they have other clients and have to serve them too so its up to work out a schedule. If they are not on your job some morning they may be on mine. You will have to learn to share
- Peffer ConstructionPefffer Construction has done work for me on several project over the past 10 years. They have remodeled a bed room and bath room along with adding a large closet and computer room. they have remodeled another bedroom for me. They constructed a 1400 sq ft. master suite addition that included a below grade Tornado Safe Room with a very nice interior stairway leading to the bunker. the addition also included two toilet rooms and a Spa Suite. While doing the addition they remodeled the laundry room so that i can use two washers and two dryers. he also replaced some windows and doors while remodeling the house. several years later we were hit by a tornado (so we got to use the shelter). Peffer construction showed up as soon as they could get through the police lines and started patching up the house. They met with our insurance adjuster and rebuilt the damaged part of our house while we were still living in it. 12 days after we were hit by the tornado a second major tornado passed within 1/2 mile of the house and the peffer crew (who were repairing the house), our neighbors and our family all found shelter in the Safe Room. Peffer Construction is very eazy to work with and the craftmanship is the best you will find
- Peffer ConstructionWayne is our ?project manager? for the remodeling of 2 bath rooms. His response to SMS is always fast and prompt (at one instance, he replied immediately around 1am even though nothing is urgent and we did not expect a response until next morning). He is well organized, always shows up at the time he says and keeps us in the loop of the plan and the schedule. He is willing to directly meet with us in Lowe?s or Home Depot to choose or pick up necessary materials or let us know beforehand about what is missing so that we have time to order online. He is pretty handy and help us fix many unrelated little things (such as changing the locks, fixing a busted pipe, adjusting the drawers, fastening the pull-down stairs, etc). His charge is acceptable. But since there is no comparison in Tuscaloosa and I don?t have much experience with construction, I have no idea whether the rate is reasonable although I think so
- Mr. Clean Handyman ServiceWork was completed quickly even with rainy and cold weather days. The quality of construction and materials used was very good. Employees responsible and easy to work with. Work site cleaned up of all old and unused materials.
Handymen in Northport
- Business Description:Specializing in handyman services and home repairs! From sheetrock, to plumbing and electrical, to floors and yard work, we can do it all! We guarantee your satisfaction and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Check out all of the services we offer below and call -- or-- click to schedule a free estimate today!Recent Review:Did a great job no hassle great priceMarquis E.
- Business Description:We offer a wide range of handyman services in walker county and surrounding communities. Whether you need something repaired installed, built ,or upgraded we are your reliable and local handyman service for all your needs OUR VISION We understand what it means to let someone new into your home, and we work very hard to earn your trust with good communication and attention to detail. Customer referrals drive us, so getting it right is important to us every time. We are experts in drywall rep..Recent Review:Started out o k. Did a fair job painting other than being so messy- got paint and putty on floors,furniture,appliances,etc. and they didn’t finish. The electrician they used did o k. Started fillin in swimming pool,got about 1/5 of it filled in and left and never came back. The day they left, august 19, we paid them $ 2,200. They said they be back the next day. We haven’t seen or heard from them since. Very disappointed in Hopson’s handyman services. If you are foolish enough to do business with these people please don’t pay them until they do the work! We hope nobody else is taken in and lose as much $ as we didClyde G.
- Business Description:Luke's Painting Company strives every day to be the best in this industry and our customers agree that we are! We do this by treating every customer as if they are our only customer. We treat every project like it is our own personal space, leaving no mess left behind and being certain that every inch and every corner of every job is finished with precision and perfection. We have an exceptional eye for detail which is what makes us the best painters around! On top of all this we only use hig..Recent Review:Luke was a gift! I moved from Colorado into a new home in Prattville, walked in the door and immediately realized I couldn’t live with the existing DIY paint job. I called Luke’s Painting, their estimate was $1400.00 less than their competitors, he started painting two days later. Luke was professional, honest, hard working and always cognizant of the fact that I was working from home while he was painting. The finished product is amazing, a realtor commented on how clean the lines are. I couldn’t be happier. Thank you Luke’s PaintingDana S.
- Business Description:landscape and design and grading ,excavation,Road building,clearing. We guarantee your satisfaction and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Check out our services offered and call or click to schedule a free estimate today.Recent Review:It was fantastic. They did everything they said they gonna do.Bill F.
- Business Description:I started my company about 10 years ago after doing different types of home improvement work all my life. As the fourth generation of my family doing this type of work, I've not only mastered the quality you are looking for in any of your projects, but am also equipped to cater to your specific style.
- Business Description:Our family-owned-and-operated business is ready to get any of your home improvement projects done, quickly and efficiently. You'll have fully trained experts that are ready to provide you with complete exterior and interior remodeling services that will take your home to a whole new level. Additional DBAs - Muncey's Maintaince & Home Improvement, Andrews Muncey Maintenance. Additional contact name - Andrew MunceyRecent Review:Andrew "Tim" Muncey Home Repairs was great to work with! Organized, hard working crew. Respectful to both us and our property. The siding installation went great and exceeded our expectations. Would hire again or recommend without doubtGary K.
- Business Description:YOU NAME IT AND WE DO IT! We have the experience and dedication to bring your dreams to reality! Specializing in Handyman and Housecleaning Services, we guarantee your satisfaction, and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Call or click to schedule a free estimate todayRecent Review:Everything was great we will do business againEric S.
- Business Description:Sub-contractor
- Business Description:Nick's Quality Services is locally owned and operated out of Vance, Alabama. We provide plumbing services and we have the experience and knowledge to get the job done right. If you have any concerns about your plumbing then please don't hesitate to call us todayRecent Review:Nick was very professional and on time. Found the clog to be in the main sewer line to my home. Cleared the drain and had everything back to normal in no time! Very profession, clean and would highly recommend!Jared M.
- Business Description:United Freight of America is your all inclusive transport solution. CONTACT US FOR A QUOTE. please include pick up and Drop off locations and vehicle informationRecent Review:Extremely smooth process! Very happy with their service, would def recommend.Adam W.
Deals in Northport for Handyman Service
Explore our Solution Center for helpful handyman service articles
Make sure you know what's included in a free home repair estimate before you agree to sign up for an estimate from a contractor. Some contractors charge fees for estimates if you need them to diagnose or assess issues with your home instead of just offeri
Every good handyperson knows that bringing the right tools to the job helps them work smarter and faster. From installing fixtures to assembling furniture to doing repairs and remodeling, we’ve rounded up the ultimate handyperson tool list.
Find handyman services in
- West Blocton
handyman services in Northport
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- Affordable Foundation & Home Repair2203 Highway 31 NW
- All 4 Seasons Fence15583 Jacob Rd
- All Around The House3612 17th Ave NE
- All Around The House - Contractor76 Circle Wood
- American Patriot Handyman Services L.L.C.11628 Brown Circle
- Andrew Muncey's Home Repairs1720 Moncrief Rd
- Auto Transport - United Freight Of America1844 N Nob Hill Rd #171
- Affordable Foundation & Home Repair
- H&H Handyman
1401 W. Main St Tupelo , Mississippi
- Handy Works11628 Brown Circle
- HANDYMAN HANDYMAN SAMMY'S HANDYMAN SERVICES
- Handyman Services 226 Leonard Dr
- Hills Home Repair120 E Glen Iris
- HINES REMODELING & REPAIR1818 HUNTERS RUN
- HOPSONS HANDYMAN SERVICES1450 Leonards Chapel Rd
Carbon Hill, Alabama
- H&H Handyman
- J&J handymen 11507 Madison Dr
- Jayco5100 Old Birmingham Hwy
- JD Handyman15997 Lock 9 Rd
- JD's Painting and Contracting11286 Hill View Lane
- Jim Campbell Home ImprovementsP.O. Box 71922
- Just restaurant maintenance3452 Oak Bend Rd
- J&J handymen
- M.O.Holt Construction Services,LLC9175 Cotton Field Circle
- M.O.Holt Construction Services,LLC
- Pandori Construction1306 23rd Ave
- Peffer Construction11622 Lake Nicol Rd
- Pickett Construction LLC8101 Highway 119
- Pike's Handyman Work1000 Fieldcrest Dr
- PLAYNATION190 ETOWAH INDUSTRIAL CT
- Premier Property Maintenance LLC941 Highway 13 South
- PROFESSIONAL CARPENTERS3401 GREENSBORO AVE 10
- Pandori Construction
- Quality Home Maintenance and RepairPO Box 46
- Quality Home Maintenance and Repair
- TRICK CONSTRUCTION & DEV LLC1305 Twin Oaks Road East
- TRICK CONSTRUCTION & DEV LLC
Handyman Services FAQ
How much do handymen typically charge?
Answer: The average cost to hire a plumber is between $50 - $100 dollars per hour, but you can find qualified individuals who can perform handyman work for less.
How much are typical handyman repair costs?
Answer: The average cost for a repair is between $50 - $100 dollars per hour, but you can find qualified individuals who can perform handyman work for less.
Should handymen be certified or licensed in Northport, AL?
Answer: Yes. Each state has their own requirements for licensing and certifications handyman. Be sure to check our state licensing tool to review the local handymen guidelines.
What questions should I ask a handyman in Northport, AL?
Answer: There are several questions or things to know before hiring a handyman to do any work in your home.
Do they have proper licensing?
Do they charge for estimates?
Do they provide references?
How many handymen are in the US
Answer: According to the US Bureau of Labor Statistics in May 2017, there are 1,351,210 handymen employed in the US. Their average salary is $19.37 per hour, with an annual wage of $40,280. California has the most handyman (126,420) with Texas (108,470) following just behind. Alaska has the highest average hourly wage at $24.87 per hour.