If the refrigerator in your new home doesn’t fit, or you have a strong attachment to your current one, you’ll need a strategy for shipping it safely. Here’s how to properly ship a refrigerator and tips for avoiding hits and dings along the way.
Get matched with top moving companies in Decatur, AL
There are 20 highly-rated local moving companies.
Recent Movers Reviews in Decatur
- Athens Moving Experts, Inc.Fan Bloody Tastiic - Barrow and his crew arrived right on time and after a brief time reviewing the condo and furnishings and rental truck space Barrow stated “We got, we will take care of you”. From that point on he and the Athens Crew did just that - professional, hardworking, and pleasant are the cornerstones of his/their way of doing business. BIG Thanks! from Ivan and Kim - Much appreciated! If you need the best kind of moving expertise call on this group to get it do ne
- Packmasters Moving And StorageThe service was excellent. Earnest showed up 20 minutes early on a Sunday. I love it when a man shows up for work early. Nothing was a problem, in fact everything was yes we got this . I would hire and or recommend Packmaster anytime.
- Blue Men Moving LLCWorking with Blue Men Moving was a great experience. Their entire team from the front office to the men who packed and moved our belongings were fantastic. Always responsive to answer questions, giving us a great price for their services, handling every piece of our belongings with care. I cannot say enough wonderful things about them. I would highly recommend them to anyone looking for professional, caring, expert help in moving. My heartfelt thanks to them for their support of my move
- Great Nation MovingOur 700 mile move from VA to AL went very well. The Great Nation team was punctual and worked very hard to wrap our furniture and move our personally packed boxes to the truck. We received our household goods within a week and so far, so good as we are unpacking. They also moved a grand piano and did a fantastic job disassemling and assembing the piano in the perfect place in our home
- Motivated Movers of Huntsville & DecaturOverall, they were great! I moved a good distance and that really increased the price. I was forced to upload a picture.. blame Angie
- Motivated Movers of Huntsville & DecaturWe contracted with Motivated Movers after soliciting estimates from two other local movers. Our move required three 2-man teams and two large trucks. Greatest challenge was carrying heavy furniture, including a piano, up a steep driveway to the trucks parked on the street. The guys arrived on time, carefully padded delicate items, and cautiously maneuvered heavy items down stairs, up the driveway, and into the trucks. The crews were completely knowledgeable and professional and worked extremely well as a team to complete the job. We were very pleased with their service and would certainly recommend them to others
- Motivated MoversBen Black, Motivated Mover (MM) owner, has arranged my moves twice and has been exceptionally accommodating in every way. He is a rock. Ben (another Ben), now the Alabama manager was the lead mover in my prior move within the Nashville/Franklin,Tennessee area and great in that move as well as in facilitating the unpacking in this second move. I CANNOT RECOMMEND THIS MOVING COMPANY HIGHLY ENOUGH . They are full service and totally reliable, punctual, honest and in every way extraordinarily helpful. I needed packing and unpacking so the move was expensive but well worth it and more than competitive for the services rendered. I believe if you are packing and unpacking yourselves and only need the move, they are only slightly more expensive than some others and they will definitely outdo any moving company in competence, quality of service, courtesy and assistance "above and beyond." AJ and Deonte packed and moved me and then, with Allen, unpacked me. You could not ask for more helpful and capable men to undertake your move. Plus having their company and presence throughout the move process from start to finish was supportive and actually made the move enjoyable -- YES, an enjoyable move!!! I suggest you do yourself a favor and let these folks move you
- Motivated MoversThey arrived on time and took and few moments to access what would be moved and then went straight to work. Jay, AJ and Brian were great.
- Motivated Movers of BirminghamThey arrived on time. Answered all of my question, and explained how the billed for work. They were able to get it all loads and unloaded in a day. I would use them again.
- Applewhite Movers, LLC.Exceptionally The customer service I received when setting up my appointment was exceptional. U"Rainnah and Claudia very responsive and polite over the phone. They also responded quickly to my emails. I was kind of leary about calling due to some of the bad reviews I saw on one of the websites online, but their price was a really good and I decided to take a chance. The movers Anthony, T and Jewels were very professional and moved fast. I appreciated the respect that they showed for my home while moving furniture around. All three were very responsive and pleasant to work with. Upon leaving they presented us with candy and little thank you note
Movers in Decatur
- Business Description:Motivated Movers is a full service moving company. local and long distance moves, home or office, we are here for all your moving needs. We provide direct service moves, meaning no shared space or shared loads, it is your items only on the truck. We also provide professional packing services and sell packing supplies. We do as much or as little as you need, you can tailor make the move to fit your needs and or budget, Motivated Movers is here for all your moving needs
- Business Description:Changing Spaces Moving, Inc. is a residential and commercial, local and L-O-N-G distance moving company serving Birmingham, Huntsville, Orange Beach and Gulf Shores Alabama. We are a family owned and operated mover, not a franchise, that provides local and long distance moving with personal attention to detail. Our people are prompt dedicated professionals who are ready and willing to assist you in every phase of your moving process. Let us help you reduce the stress related to moving your be..Recent Review:It went amazing! Chad and his crew arrived on time and immediately got to work! All the guys on the job were extremely professional and polite. I worked there in the past and they have a standard there for work ethic and professionalism which made it a no brainer on using changing spaces. 100% would recommend them to everyone and if I need services again I will be giving them a callJordan P.
- Business Description:We specialize in local and long-distance moving services, along with storage services! We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Check out all the services we offer below and call -or- click to schedule a free estimate today!Recent Review:It went great. They have been the best experience I've ever had with a moving. Vincent is my absolute go-to-guy. I've used him for local and out of state service. If things change, he and his team are flexible and adoptable. They are not the kind of organization that has a name on a big shiny truck, but you can count on them any time . They are dependable. I've called quite a few people, and Vincent always calls me back quickly. And he does what he saysClint C.
- Business Description:Moving APT provides long-distance moves, packing and storage. Call Moving APT for the best cross-country moving, at affordable prices.Recent Review:I'm going to start out by saying I'm no stranger to cross country moves (I've moved to Hawaii from Kentucky, Ohio from Hawaii, and Ohio to Florida). I've done it three times and this will be my fourth permanent move. If I could give negative stars I would. The whole point of my post is so someone doesn't have the same thing happen to them as it did me. First I had called several companies for quotes and they gave me the one. Around 1K less than any other company. So I booked with them. It was explained to me my belongings would arrive 14-21 days however, most customers received their home goods closer to 14. We specifically chose a week and half earlier pack date so when I arrived in Vegas my belongings should be shortly behind me. I was fully aware it could take the 21 days total. Move day comes. The movers arrive 4 hours early which was great. They were professional. They did say the gentleman on the phone underestimated my cubic feet however. The price went up by a little over 1K. I was slightly confused to how this could be considering my belongings were in storage units with exact dimensions. However, I went forward as once they are there to pack and I had flown in (I'm a health care first responder working with Covid) I was almost at their mercy as I was on an extremely tight schedule. When the price did go up the moving company told me they had to get preapproval for the new price and would call them. I was assuming "them" was APT. The packing went without a hitch and during that time I was given many papers to fill out. One of which had first delivery date. It was NEVER explained to me by marking a date (because I was told to fill everything out in it's entirety) it would DELAY my move until THAT date. I unknowingly put down the first day that would be best for me which was the day after my arrival to Vegas. I should clarify Moving APT only contracts out moving companies they themselves do not move your belongings. They are what was referenced as a shadow company. So let's fast forward to 11am the original move time. T. Shields called from Moving APT. She was quite surprised the company was already there. She also didn't know they had increased the price. Now my belongings were already on the truck and there was two trips left to have everything moved. The manager on site spoke with her and to my understanding everything was resolved. It was not. T. Shields calls back to inform me her price was also going up as the company gets money as well even though this WAS NOT told to me when I signed the new paperwork. My new cost was 2K total in price. Making a 4K move now a 6K move. She told me I could speak with whom I wanted but she would be calling back to get the rest of the money. Also might I add when she called back she did reduce what the movers had quoted because they over priced their packing materials used. I explained to her in no way was I ever told about this. And I had assumed the phone call earlier was to them. The movers had left at this point and she was surprised they were gone. She told me I should have called to which that was never explained to me and when the manager on-site had called "them" it was not Moving APT but their company. Remember they contract out. So now Ive called for an update to see if my home goods have left the warehouse. I have zero response for over 48 hours despite being told each day I called that I'd have an update by end of the working day. So today I get an update and since I put down October 5 as my first available date my move starts TODAY. So now I'm at the 14-21 day window. I told them again NO ONE explained this to me. To which their reply was well it kinda is what it is. For those of you who don't want to read: 1. Don't pick them. They are poor with communication and my move went up by 2K on pack day. 2. My move dates was completely misquoted and they do not explain anything to you. 3. They contract other moving companies. Find them and book directly with them. It will save you a lot of headacheSarah S.
- Business Description:Movers Direct, llc is a full service moving company. We offer packing service, packing materials, piano movers, local and long distance moves. We specialize in residential and commercial. Movers Direct was voted Best of the Best moving company for 4 consecutive years in Chattanooga, TN. Call today and get your move on the booksRecent Review:EXCELLENT! The process from start to finish was spectacular and highly professional. They packed up our entire home (approx 1500 sq ft) and drove it 2200 miles to our new home, unloaded and helped to set up furniture (bedroom sets etc). Chad and Garrett were very attentive to detail, extremely careful with the packing and unloading, and absolutely trustworthy. USE THEMPATTI A. S.
- Business Description:”Long distance moving from or to the west coast only. No local service outside Portland Oregon, Los Angeles California and Seattle Washington.” Local and Long Distance Moving & Storage. Household, Commercial, Corporate services available. Our Mission is To exceed expectations on every move. We live this day in and day out. We provide actual full time movers, not day labor like other companies. Our service is top notch and fully efficient. Our trucks are perfectly equipped for moving with Pads..Recent Review:Shady company, look elsewhere. I went with them based on price and that they were “highly rated”. According to the estimator, I needed 1 truck. When moving day came, they couldn’t fit everything in 1 truck. In fact, it wasn’t just a little bit leftover, but quite a bit. They had someone come out the next day to pick it all up and would later pack it on 2 pallets at their warehouse that I had to pay to ship across country. I didn’t have any other options since we had to be out of the house and were moving long distance. The items on the truck made it on time and safely. It was the pallets that never arrived. When I finally called to check the status (2 weeks after they were picked up), I found out they were just sitting in the warehouse and weren’t shipped yet. They hadn’t even gotten an estimate of the cost. Then they gave the wrong phone number to the 3rd party company that was transporting it so they couldn’t arrange delivery because they couldn’t get in touch with me. Finally the day came to have it delivered (6 weeks after pickup) and the 3rd party transport company asked if I had packaged the pallets up myself. I said no, the professional movers did that we paid. He said it was one of the worst jobs he’s ever seen and kept telling me it’s just items and they can be replaced. He also made a point to give me detailed instructions on how to file a claim for broken items because he knew things would be broken. The 3rd party transport company pays for 100% replacement value but normally works with the shipper, not receiver. I filed a claim with the transport company anyways and reached out to All Service Moving on it. All Service Moving said they would pay me the full amount right away if I signed the incident waiver signing away my rights. This included not holding All Service Moving responsible for anything related to the damage as well as not be able to post any negative review, rating, post about them. I’m sorry, what?!?! Due to their negligence and incompetent job, items were damaged and I can’t share that to prevent others from experiencing the same? Obviously, I refused to sign. I kept my claim with the transport company. Although our claim settlement was only 1/3 of what I was asking for, I’d rather receive the lower amount and still be able to write this review so others are warned. Let this be your warning to run away, far away from this companyLisa O.
- Business Description:If you cant move it our guys can do it at guys move it. We pack load and unlaod your furniture or whatever you need moved.Also provide junk removal and house cleaning services.
- Business Description:For Long-distance piano & organ moving. We generally do not handle local moving outside of the metro St. Louis, MO area. Local #: (573) 860-6683. Additional emails: General Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org; Sales Manager: email@example.com; Accounting: firstname.lastname@example.org; Dispatch Manager: email@example.com; Operations Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org , In case of emergency contact Russ at 314-568-688Recent Review:The woman in the office who scheduled the move and took care of all the documents was extremely helpful and friendly. My apartment building is very strict and she worked over the weekend to ensure I had the proper COI. The men who delivered my piano were very professional and efficient. I am a petite woman and was alone when they delivered the piano and felt very comfortable with them thereWhitney K.
- Business Description:Elizabeth's Moving Company is a local full-service moving and storage company in Chattanooga Tennessee. We provide white glove moving, packing services, storage services, and piano moving.Recent Review:While it may excite our spirit to move to a new home and start a new adventure; the experience of actually moving all our stuff is never something we look forward to. There is stress produced in ways never thought possible. The only way to offset this is to hire a company who specializes in stress reduction. Elizabeth’s Moving is one of those companies. There is a reason they have so many positive reviews. Here is another one. From the moment they returned my initial inquiry, it was clear they take customer service seriously; and it’s not just for show, they want the customer comfortable and satisfied with the work they do. The gentleman who initially provided us information, then came to our house and did the walk through, was professional, polite, and made certain to address all my questions and concerns. I wish I could remember his name. He provided an estimate within 24hrs and had boxes delivered the same day once we gave him the go ahead. The scheduler contacted me, with no issues getting our move on the books. Then we spent a few weeks packing. Ugh. I received a courtesy call the day prior to moving day, to ensure we all had the same start time scheduled, and on the day of the move they showed up within minutes of our agreed to time. Four very professional, very polite, and very cheerful young men showed up with two trucks and commenced loading. They methodically and carefully wrapped our furniture, loaded our boxes, and worked as a team to get things taken care of. I want to mention them by name because each one was phenomenal to deal with; Colby, Zeke, Zack, and Colton. Their relaxed demeanor, sense of humor, and polite disposition made what could be a very stressful experience an enjoyable one. We made a local move, so two days later they showed up again with all our stuff and we had exactly the same experience with unloading. Zeke was on another job and I can’t remember the young man who joined us instead, but he needs a pat on the back too. They never complained, never acted tired, or gave me any impression of anything other than professional attitudes in all our interactions. After unloading both trucks, Colby walked through the house with me to make certain everything was where we wanted it and double checked to ensure everything arrived safe and sound, which it did. If you desire a moving experience that bypasses the stress, use Elizabeth’s and ask for Colby, Zeke, Zack, and Colton; they won’t disappoint. Highly recommendBrad C.
- Business Description:ADT home security systems are backed by more than 145 years of experience. As the leader in home security, ADT can help you customize a home security system with easy-to-use equipment and special security features to meet your safety needs. We have service centers nationwide that can install an ADT home security system within 24 hours in most areas. Once your home is equipped with our top-of-the-line system, it is connected to a network of ADT Monitoring Centers nationwide which deliver non-..Recent Review:My experience using ADT for a new alarm system was exceptional. Shout out to the service technician who got me all setup and even added an extra door sensor to my package for no additional charge. This kind gesture went a long wayPatrick M.
Deals in Decatur for Moving Companies
Explore our Solution Center for helpful moving company articles
Regularly cleaning your dryer vent can prevent dust, lint, and other debris from building up. That buildup can be dangerous, but so can cleaning the dryer vent yourself. Here’s why it’s best to let a professional do the job.
You’ve amassed quite the collection of valuables, and you’d like to keep it that way. Boxing up delicate items requires a steady hand and a full-proof plan. Use these tips to learn how to pack fragile items for your next move.
Find moving companies in
- Laceys Spring
- Town Creek
moving companies in Decatur
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- ADT3750 Priority Way South Dr
- Alabama Truck Lines- North American Van Lines3314 Jordan Ln NW
- All Service Moving - Long Distance Moving 747 S Monroe St 2063334424
- Allegheny Valley Transfer Co Inc1512 Lebanon Church Rd
- AMBASSADORS MOVING & SHIPPING12325 Acadamy Rd.
- Applewhite Movers, LLC.5640 Oakwood Rd NW
- ATLAS VAN LINES/ DIXE MOVING & STORAGE1220 Retail Drive
- Auto Transport - United Freight Of America1844 N Nob Hill Rd #171
- Auto Transporters Online25108 Marguerite Pkwy
Mission Viejo, California
- Bama Audio/Video11785 Holt-Peterson Road
- Bates Moving & Storage815 Benny St
- Bear's Billiard Supply, Inc.121 Honey Brook Dr
- Beyond Nail Spa97 Hughes Rd STE C
- Buddy Box Portable Storage16326 Ennis Rd
- Budget Truck Rental LLC29639 Old Hwy 20
- Bama Audio/Video
- Care Commercial CleaningP.O Box 2077
- Carter Enterprising2906 6th St SW
- Changing Spaces Moving Inc3908 Asbury Rd
- CheckPoint Moving Company4617 Rutledge Dr NW
- Christopher Home Maintenance Svc133 Baker street
New Hope, Alabama
- College Hunks Hauling Junk & Moving7587 Hwy 72 W Unit A
- Care Commercial Cleaning
- Fast Motion Auto Transport700 Louisiana St. Suite 3950
- Fast Motion Auto Transport
- KARR RELOCATIONS100 SPACELAB CT NW
- KARR RELOCATIONS
- Leslie's cleaning service137 morris ln
- Leslie's cleaning service
- Mach1 Movers3806 Lakeview Dr NW
- Mansion Movers1960 South Ocean Blvd
- Modern Piano Moving992 Highway D
- Montway Auto Transport425 N Martingale Rd Ste 550
- Motivated Movers of Huntsville & Decatur8006 Old Madison Pike Unit 1A
- Movers Direct LLC314 Old Hales Gap Rd
- Moving APT - Long Distance Movers936 Sw 1st Ave., Suite 130
- Muscle 4 Moving3113 Linden Ave SW
- Muscled Up Movers3070 Leeman Ferry Rd
- Mach1 Movers
- Quick Transfer USA860 Bedford Ave
Brooklyn, New York
- Quick Transfer USA
- Veterans transport1021 Berkshire Dr
- Veterans transport