Changing Spaces Moving Inc

Founded 2003 • With Angi since July 2006

Changing Spaces Moving, Inc. is a residential and commercial, local and L-O-N-G distance moving company serving Birmingham, Huntsville, Orange Beach and Gulf Shores Alabama. We are a family owned and operated mover, not a franchise, that provides local and long distance moving with personal

Local and Long DistanceOur Fleet28 Foot Box Trucks

movers (181)piano movers (12)

10/04/2022

Debi S.

From the first phone call to the last trip (of multiple), CSM exceeded my expectations! Cheryl is amazing - guiding you through the ins and outs, answering questions, and communicating throughout the process. She is a real asset to this company. Then, can we talk about the moving team?? My projects were multi-trip, out of state pick up, disassembly, load, drive, unload and reassemble - a bit overwhelming and complex. Scott, Gavin and Robert show up and after a quick walk through and planning chat, they are DONE and ready to head back to the 2nd leg of the job. They worked together like a well-oiled machine! There were people at the pick-up facility asking if this was my team - and of course, I claimed them (not really)- but seeing them in action was a real treat! They just don't stop- - stay out of their way-- they are on a mission and that mission must be - the minute our feet hit the ground - be respectful, polite, careful, and keep moving! I could not have been any happier with the decision to do business with them. This commercial move was complex and we did 3 different projects with CSM. Keith joined one of the projects and we had the same crew throughout, which was a good call since they knew what was going on. The choice of moving companies can make or break an already stressful situation for a company. Choose wisely! Choose Changing Spaces Moving!! I will call on them every time - business or personal - to take care of me (& other coworkers that were impressed got their contact info as well). They, themselves, are their best marketing tool.

Description of Work
B2B furniture move out of state pick up x 2 with redelivery & old office to new office move (local)

Work Completed On 09/15/2022

Thanks for the GREAT review! We truly appreciate you and your business! You were Awesome to work with!

06/17/2022

Max W.

The crew went over and beyond with our move; will certainly recommend.

Description of Work
Moving of house hold goods

Work Completed On 06/17/2022

05/14/2021

Jordan P.

It went amazing! Chad and his crew arrived on time and immediately got to work! All the guys on the job were extremely professional and polite. I worked there in the past and they have a standard there for work ethic and professionalism which made it a no brainer on using changing spaces. 100% would recommend them to everyone and if I need services again I will be giving them a call.

Description of Work
Moved my home

Work Completed On 05/14/2021

Thanks [Member Name Removed]for taking the time to review the move and all the kind words! We appreciate the recommendation and look forward to working with you again in the future! We enjoyed working with you!

09/12/2020

Diane A.

The two men were excellent, careful with furniture and very fast. I plan on using them as soon as our home is built. Highly recommend changing spaces.

Description of Work
Furniture moved after selling home.

Cost $641.25

Work Completed On 09/04/2020

We look forward to working with you again! Thank you for the recommendation!

09/10/2020

Lisa C.

Excellent. Our movers were courteous, meticulous, and careful. They didn't waste time and got the job done without incident.

Description of Work
Moving from one home to another.

Category moving companies, storage units, piano moving

Work Completed On 08/20/2020

We appreciate your business! Thank you for the taking the time to let us know how we did!

07/09/2020

BUDDY C.

I was very pleased with our experience with Changing Spaces. Cindy provided a thorough quote for the move and was always very responsive to any questions I had. Our movers, Copeland, Isaiah, and Jacob got started immediately upon arrival and got a 3 Bedroom has with multiple levels loaded in three hours. When they arrived in Jackson the next day, there was heavy rain, they worked through it and got everything moved in without any damage and unloaded in 2.5 hours. I was very impressed with the care the movers took and how nice and courteous they were. I would highly recommend Changing Spaces!

Description of Work
Move from Birmingham to Jackson, MS

Work Completed On 07/09/2020

Thank you for the kind words for staff and crew. We appreciate your business and for taking the time to review our company. it was a pleasure working with you.

12/19/2019

Kenzie S.

Changing Spaces went above and beyond the call of duty for my move! Not only were they extremely professional, but they were the most kind and courteous and most helpful people I’ve ever used to move! I cannot give them enough stars!!!! ⭐️

Description of Work
Residential Moving

Work Completed On 12/18/2019

Review for Changing Spaces Moving Inc - 3908 Asbury Rd, Birmingham, AL - 38293530

11/15/2019

Melena N.

House was VERY box heavy (two 26ft trucks almost full) Guys were there almost fifteen hours and were SUPER positive the entire time. Rate was reasonable for the drive and what we had, but it may not be for just a 'normal' move. The guys were very professional, yet super friendly. Didn't break anything. Would absolutely hire again, but hopefully I don't need to.

Description of Work
Moving Contents of Large House

Work Completed On 10/29/2019

Thanks for the great review! We strive to make your move as stress free as possible. We look forward to working with you again if needed.

11/08/2019

Kindra S.

Changing Spaces provided the best customer service I've experienced in years. Jarred, Ryan and Mike were professional, efficient and superior! I highly recommend this company!!!

Description of Work
Relocating household goods from Alabama to North Carolina.

Work Completed On 11/01/2019

Thank you for the recommendation and the great review!

10/03/2019

Trish G.

The move went smoothly and as scheduled. Cindy scheduled and coordinated the move. She provided us with all of the information involved with the move and was always available for any questions we had. The movers were professional, handled our furniture and belonging with care. None of the items were broken, scratched or damaged in amy way. The move was timely, efficient and as planned. I would recommend Changing Spaces for any type of move, long distance or short moves. I have used others in the same area and it was a disaster. Changing Spaces is an excellent company and they will not disappoint you. They are professional and treat your possessions as if they were their own.

Description of Work
Moved long distance from Tuscaloosa, AL to Melbourne, FL.

Work Completed On 07/19/2019

Thank you for the wonderful review.! We appreciate the recommendation!

09/27/2019

Ed B.

The team leader Jason was the best we have ever used. We have used them 5 times and always have been happy.

Description of Work
We moved from Birmingham, AL to Asheville, NC. We had multiple locations of goods, an apartment and storage units.

Work Completed On 09/24/2019

We appreciate your repeat business and for taking time to let other potential customers know your experience with us. We look forward to working with you again!

09/25/2019

Cynthia V.

This was by far the easiest move we've ever made..start to finish! From working with the office staff to schedule the move to having the movers load our home in Tennessee then unload at our new home in Alabama, everything went smoothly. They are fast, courteous and efficient. Highly recommend!

Description of Work
Moving from Tennessee to Alabama

Work Completed On 07/23/2019

Thank you for taking the time to review us. Reviews from our customers help others make the right choice on which mover they choose.

09/25/2019

Patricia L.

Exceptional !!! We would definitely use this company again. They were punctual, extremely courteous and very efficient. Not one item of ours was damaged in any way. If you are considering a move, I would definitely recommend Changing Spaces.

Description of Work
Moved us from Oneonta, AL to Trussville, AL

Work Completed On 09/25/2019

We truly appreciate your business! Thanks for letting us know how we did! We look forward to working with you in the future.

09/24/2019

Trey C.

Hard working crew that's both dedicated and consistent. Would highly recommend.

Description of Work
Moving Services

Work Completed On 09/09/2019

08/21/2019

Kayla G.

For the initial move, I filled out an estimate request online, including detailed information on what items they would be moving. I specified in that online paperwork that I had an extra large refrigerator. I never specified verbally or in the paperwork how many movers I needed. I expected that they would determine the number of movers needed and put it in my estimate. I was sent an email with their hourly rate of $125/hr and their availability for the date I was requesting as well as instructions to call to set up the move. I called and spoke to a receptionist who gave me my appointment time and took my credit card information. On the day of the initial move, three movers called and showed up during the appointment window. They moved everything down in less than an hour. They charged me $250 for two hours, but I had already been informed that there was a two hour minimum, so I had no complaints. After the floors were finished, we called them back to put everything back in it’s place. When I spoke to the office to set up the second move, they had my information in the computer and did not request any further information from me other than my credit card number. Once again the movers called and arrived within the appointment window, only this time there were only two of them. One of the movers had helped on the previous move and remembered that three men were needed for the refrigerator. He immediately called his boss Scott to tell him what the problem was, only Scott didn’t answer, so they suggested going ahead with moving the rest of the furniture. I agreed and while they were moving the other furniture, Scott returned their call. I don’t know what was said, but the mover told me that he would have to come back another time with a three man crew to move that refrigerator. He said that he would try to work me in by the weekend (it was a Wednesday), and if I hadn’t heard from him by Saturday afternoon to call the office. I signed the paperwork and was charged $240 for the second move. I called the office Saturday afternoon and was told by the receptionist that my move was scheduled for the upcoming Wednesday morning. When I told her that no one had told me that, and that I had been waiting to be worked in since Thursday, she said that she would see what she could find out. She called back to say that she had spoken with her boss Scott and that they couldn’t come until Wednesday. I explained to her that I needed my refrigerator in my kitchen because I have two young children and having to buy groceries for one or two days at a time and eat out constantly because you don’t want to restock your refrigerator before it gets moved was very inconvenient and stressful. She said she would see what she could do and get back to me. I called her back an hour later and she tried to call the mover again, but there was no answer. She then told me that she would put a note on the two three man crew jobs that they had on Monday to see if one of them could come Monday. I never heard a word on Monday. On Tuesday, I received an email informing me of my appointment window. The three movers showed up during the appointment window, but without calling first. They moved the refrigerator and then informed me that I was being charged another $125 for this third move. I immediately requested to speak with Scott. The mover that had been at both of the previous moves, said that he would just tell them to take the $125 out of his paycheck. I told him no, that I wanted to speak to Scott. I was quite angry when they passed me the phone to speak to Scott, so I am sure that it was difficult for him to not get angry as well, but he did not even attempt to listen to my side of the story. He kept trying to interrupt me and cut me off to explain why I owed him the money. He was completely dismissive of the stress we experienced of an extra week with very little food in the house, having to constantly go buy groceries and ice, and not wanting to get too far away from the house in case the movers called to say they were coming. He said that we had gotten the third man for free on the first move and that if he were going to be fair, I actually owed him another $160. We finally settled on $80 for the third man in the first move and that this move would be “free”. I did not agree with that at all, but at that point I just wanted them gone. I will never, ever use this company again, and I have already informed both the friends who referred them to me about what they did to us. Horrible, horrible customer service!!

Description of Work
We had to refinish the hardwood in our kitchen, dining room, and living room. We hired Changing Spaces to move our extra large refrigerator, two sofas, dining room table, eight chairs, and china cabinet down to our basement. We then hired them back to put the same items back in their place.

Category moving companies

We received an online request from the reviewer for an internal move. It did not include a refrigerator, contrary to her statement in the review. She booked the 1st move. Prior to the move we emailed a confirmation letter with move date, crew size and request to verify the inventory. In the past, other customers failed to list major items (large safes, pool tables, pianos, XL appliances, items they thought they would sell and packing needed). We send out this 2nd request to verify the scope of work is accurate, to assign qualified movers for special items and for correct crew size. During the confirmation call she added a refrigerator. She didn’t mention that it was a XL subzero like size. If the size of the refrigerator were disclosed, we would have advised her a 3rd mover was required and extra hourly charges would apply. Based on her provided inventory the internal move required 2 movers. On move day, we had a move before & after her requiring 3 men. Her move appeared to only require 2 men, so to be fair to her, the 3rd mover was free because he was not required on her move. When the lead mover discovered that it was a XL refrigerator he should have charged the customer for the 3rd mover, he was necessary to move it. The mover didn’t charge the extra $80 for the man, did not note it on the invoice, nor did he notify his supervisor or the office. I wonder why? We would have charged for that man. Booking the 2nd phase, she did not disclose the XL refrigerator required 3 men to move on the 1st move. The office, nor the crew manager knew the true move requirements. When the same mover arrived he knew the XL refrigerator required 3 men. No 3 man crews were available until the next week. We requested $125 for this 3rd trip but settled on $80. On local moves there is a 2 hour minimum. On that date, a 3 man rate of $165 should’ve been a total of $330. She thinks it should be free. After posting multiple negative reviews on social media & demanding an $80 refund she sent $150 tip for the movers. Why did she do that?

05/05/2019

BRIAN B.

Awesome!!! These 3 guys moved with a purpose and didn't ding a wall/corner or damage any of my furniture. These guys very very polite and best workers I have seen in a long time....worth every penny and have already told 3 other friends looking to move to use them.

Description of Work
Moved over 3500 sqr ft of furniture from Athens to Huntsville in 5 hours!

Work Completed On 04/27/2019

Thanks for the great review! We truly appreciate your business!

01/14/2019

Rodney N.

3 crews, 3 trucks moved 3BR , 3BA house with step access to street into condo with elevator access in record time. arrived at 8:30am, left old address by 11:15am lunch , arrived and unloaded and finished by 3:30pm. Not a scratch!

Description of Work
Move from Vestavia to Homewood

Work Completed On 12/21/2018

Reviews from our customers help others make the right choice on which mover they choose. Thank you for taking the time to review us.

12/13/2018

Scott D.

I requested experienced movers due to the difficulty of the job, and Changing Spaces delivered! I needed to unload a 20' truck full of household furniture, bedroom suit, sectional sleeper/dual recliner sofa, washer/dryer - large / heavy items - up a steep and tight flight of stairs into a small single bedroom apartment. From the folks at the office to the owner, everyone was professional and courteous. They contacted me the day before to ensure we were still good to go, then again about an hour or so before their due arrival time. The two men (Richard and Wesley) were on time, very courteous, and exactly who I needed!. They proved to know how to maneuver heavy / bulky furniture items into very tight areas. Not a scratch or ding on any item nor on any wall or floor. Perfectly executed work at the agreed upon rate. They are competitively priced and well worth your money. Scott and his crew are doing a great job - be sure to support this locally owned / operated business here in central Alabama.

Description of Work
Men to help move items from truck to apartment.

Work Completed On 12/11/2018

Thanks for reviewing Changing Spaces Moving, Inc. We appreciate you taking time to let other potential customers know your experience with us.

10/19/2018

Amanda M.

Great job. On time and courteous movers. Will use again.

Description of Work
Moving across town

Work Completed On 10/16/2018

Thanks for the review. We look forward to working with you again.

09/20/2018

Suzanne S.

I would highly recommend this moving company!! All staff from office to movers were excellent!!

Description of Work
Moving firniture

Work Completed On 08/27/2018

Thanks for review! We appreciate you taking the time to let other potential customers know how we did.

06/19/2018

Joe S.

The movers arrived on time and were extremely professional. I would use them if I ever move again.

Description of Work
Moving 3 bedroom apt to house

Work Completed On 06/19/2018

Thanks for the review. We appreciate you taking the time to let potential customers know how we did.

05/22/2018

Thomas H.

Very good. We were pleased with the entire move.

Description of Work
Moved to a new home 4 hours away.